Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > R Chassis

R Chassis Technical discussion related to the R Chassis such as the R31, R32, R33, R34, and R35.

Old 11-19-2020, 07:19 PM   #1
Club33Enthusiast

Trader Rating: (0)
Club33Enthusiast is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nissan Hicas System, Front Rack Assisted Steering

https://imgur.com/a/tr7GZKf

Whats up guys..
I am a C33 Laurel owner, the car is powered by a rb20det, so i guessed this group would probably know what i am talking about. Laurels don't really have a huge community like most other chassis do. But anyways..
So basically my car has a super weird power steering setup "its called HICAS but its not the typical hicas setup every other r32 etc.. Has.

Its more on the lines of assisted steering Ive been told but im not completely sure myself tbh. I am trying to remove the system since all of my power steering lines are leaking like no other. But i cant seem to find a good lead on how the system itself works and how to properly loop the lines back. I have looked at the PS rack and it seems as if the rack itself has about 5 fitting on it.

I tried uploading a photo on imgur so im hoping it works and someone can help me get a lead on how this power steering rack operates. I dont want to have to worry about leaving power steering stains on my parking spot anymore lol.

Thanks Guys!!
Club33Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links