Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-08-2017, 06:44 PM   #541
mewantkouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (36)
mewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyX2 View Post
Interesting, I'm using the factory cover on my P12 CAS and have no clearance issue.
S13 or S14 and what engine mounts are you using?
mewantkouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2017, 06:55 AM   #542
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
S13. Circuit Sport poly mounts.

Didn't move it front or back any but it does sit a little lower than normal.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:08 AM   #543
mewantkouki
Zilvia FREAK!

mewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enough
S13 has a flat firewall, CAS clears it. S14 has a bulge where the sensor cap sits. RHD s14 and s15 firewalls are different than the LHD cars so there aren't any clearance issues. That's why the custom CAS cap is need or firewall modification has to be done to make it fit on a LHD car.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:20 AM   #544
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hey guys so as seeing that this is only a LHD S14 issue, is there actually a market for producing them? Preferably we'd like to sell the first batch as a group buy so if there's interest we'll look into it.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:41 AM   #545
mewantkouki
Zilvia FREAK!

I'll be the first to sign up and yes I think there is definitely a market for them with a little advertising (making sure people know you make them!). I'm also pretty sure that the clearance on RHD s14 and s15 firewall is pretty tight with Nismo motor mounts and could definitely benefit from a modded cap as well.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:46 AM   #546
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewantkouki View Post
I'll be the first to sign up and yes I think there is definitely a market for them with a little advertising (making sure people know you make them!). I'm also pretty sure that the clearance on RHD s14 and s15 firewall is pretty tight with Nismo motor mounts and could definitely benefit from a modded cap as well.
I'll bring my car up for R&D if you need one. You'll have to supply a P12 CAS as I'm currently running your Hall effect sensor.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:20 PM   #547
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewantkouki View Post
S13 has a flat firewall, CAS clears it. S14 has a bulge where the sensor cap sits. RHD s14 and s15 firewalls are different than the LHD cars so there aren't any clearance issues. That's why the custom CAS cap is need or firewall modification has to be done to make it fit on a LHD car.
Did not know that, thanks.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:15 PM   #548
mewantkouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Mazworx, make this please. I want to use an OEM cas on my build.

Old 02-10-2017, 04:12 AM   #549
speedingmofa
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (15)
speedingmofa is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Guys, i don't understand how the P12 billet cap will make any difference. I've measured my P12 cas and cap, and there's only 1 or 2mm play between the pickup and the inside of the cap. Sure some parts (around the disc) can be a bit more compact, but the pickup is the part that is going to stick out most so you'll end up with that part just as tall as OEM

@hanzbrady If you're opening a group buy, I'm definitely in for a piece at $40
Old 02-10-2017, 11:18 AM   #550
mewantkouki
Zilvia FREAK!

I don't think the actual pickup is what contacts the firewall. I think the upper part of the cover is what the problem is.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:21 AM   #551
Rb26kouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (62)
Rb26kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 62 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedingmofa View Post
guys, i don't understand how the p12 billet cap will make any difference. I've measured my p12 cas and cap, and there's only 1 or 2mm play between the pickup and the inside of the cap. Sure some parts (around the disc) can be a bit more compact, but the pickup is the part that is going to stick out most so you'll end up with that part just as tall as oem

@hanzbrady if you're opening a group buy, i'm definitely in for a piece at $40

+1 ...........
Rb26kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:33 AM   #552
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Hey guys, so we're open to the idea, and we can hit a price point between $40-60 assuming we get a good size group buy. If anyone has a P12 CAS they could bring by or ship out for RnD we could get started on it.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:50 AM   #553
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
If I ship you one, would I get price break??
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:50 PM   #554
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
If I ship you one, would I get price break??
Possibly
Old 02-10-2017, 12:56 PM   #555
Juan@Fontananissan
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Juan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura aboutJuan@Fontananissan has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hanzbrady,

either you or your boss man shoot me an email, i can help you guys out.

(951)708-1648 | [email protected]
Juan@Fontananissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 02:44 PM   #556
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
Possibly
Do you need a car with Nismo Mounts?
Old 02-16-2017, 10:35 PM   #557
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I'm not running pistons with valve reliefs at the moment, will I need to use P11 cams or stay with the stock P12 cams on a P12 head.

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:24 AM   #558
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13silvia123 View Post
I'm not running pistons with valve reliefs at the moment, will I need to use P11 cams or stay with the stock P12 cams on a P12 head.
P11 cams only. You'll need piston with reliefs to go any larger.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:31 AM   #559
600supersport
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
600supersport is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
non-N1 sr16ve cams would clear with a bit more jam than the P11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
600supersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:48 AM   #560
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Quote:
Agreed with what Jr-ss and 600 said. However, are those DE or VE pistons and at what compression?? Compression (be it bowl or raised crown) will affect clearance. Stock DE 8.5:1 pistons you can get away with up to P12 cams (I have heard N1 cams, but I have not personally confirmed it so I will leave it at that).

Either way, if you have it apart and the engine is on your stand, just spend the extra 1 hour or so to clay it up. It you skimmed both the head and block (which is required), you may also think about degreeing the cams.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:33 PM   #561
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Greddy DE 87mm pistons but I don't recall the compression ratio. I believe it was 9:0:1 correct me it I'm wrong. It's been almost 15 years since I had this motor. But I'm looking to scoop up a short built block for this build.

Last edited by s13silvia123; 02-17-2017 at 04:11 PM..
Old 02-17-2017, 04:48 PM   #562
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Greddy DE 87mm pistons but I don't recall the compression ratio. I believe it was 9:0:1 correct me it I'm wrong. It's been almost 15 years since I had this motor. But I'm looking to scoop up a short built block for this build.
Then anything is available. I'd personally run JE DET at 8.5:1 on a pump gas motor. That'll give you roughly 9.3:1 static with a factory 1.1mm HG. You could drop down to a .9mm and gain a couple tenths in compression. Once you near the 10:1 mark, you really need some type of alternate fuel or octane booster (i.e. Meth injection).
Old 02-17-2017, 04:56 PM   #563
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
just fyi. when I bought my engine, it had sr20 redtop block with cp sr20det pistons, eagle rods, p11 head, p11 cams, and I'm not sure if the cams were not degreed efficiently, but you could see marks where the valves had just barely kissed the pistons

needless to say I ditched them for cp VE pistons with valve relief notches.

I'm not saying you CAN'T run p11 cams with non-relief pistons, I'm just saying +1 for clay it.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:50 PM   #564
RZRSHARP_240SX
Leaky Injector

RZRSHARP_240SX is an unknown quantity at this point
I am running cp stroker pistons without valve reliefs and n1 cams. To get the clearance I used a thicker head gasket a cometic 1.5mm. Based on the calculations my compression ratio is at 8.7:1. And everything has been clayed and clears.
RZRSHARP_240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:17 PM   #565
Garvid

Garvid is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Looks good Dave, thanks for your help on NRR.

Latest and greatest.

what brand those blue covers on your engine bay bolted to both strut towers?
Garvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:11 PM   #566
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

So is anyone using the VE 4CW crank in thier turbo build??
Old 02-19-2017, 11:14 PM   #567
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
So is anyone using the VE 4CW crank in thier turbo build??
My tuner with the 1/4 mile world record for sr20 powered irs s-chassi is running a 4 counter weight crank in is sr21vet .

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 11:15 PM   #568
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garvid View Post
Nagisa ou nagasi if im not mistaking

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 05:06 AM   #569
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garvid View Post
They are Nagisa Shakitto plates.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:00 AM   #570
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

What about those who are running P12 cams without valve reliefs. are you guys clearing when properly clayed.