Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2020, 09:21 PM   #11
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuglychuki91 View Post
I vouch for na. ONLY because it?ll be a bit less of a headache and money And you can still learn to drive well with it. Yes power can be a limiting factor in driving, but I?ve seen Multiple people Drive grange in a stock ka car fine. It?s about skill, and knowing how to work the car/clutch When you have low power. That?s what makes it fun to me. Now this is JUST MY OWN opinion lol I?m a stickler for what seems to work easiest. So take that for what you will. Many will disagree because anything turbo seems to be better to a lot of people on here which 100% okay. Ultimately it depends on what you want to do with car. I drive with a single cam ka and people seem to be suprised that I drift it with so little power they all think it?s boosted for some reason. I had 18x10s at one point on it. I also have a friend who drifts a na sr with a 4.9 rear and he seems to love it. Keep it simple man and have fun
The more I think it over the more I want to leave it N/A and just focus on driving. If guys in Japan can set a car up to absolutely shred with a DE SR, no reason I couldn't especially if its reliable enough to make it event after event without issue.

A friend of mine used to kill it with a KA on some wide Cerb's and a stock rear end. He's got an SR20DET in the car now and drives better than most at our local events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Plenty of compromises to either, like Fugly is saying.

Track only car? 4.9 diff and NA will get you a lot of fun for little money.

A car that sees the street is gonna be real annoying on a 4.9.

NA with stock rear end is boring imho. You have to run small or low grip or a ton of pressure in your tires and while it's fun for a bit, it gets kind of old. Trying to do high-speed stuff with that kind of setup gets sketchy.
I hate the idea of compromises, but slapping a turbo on a DE is kind of a compromise in itself.

With the 4.6 it seems to be fine on the street, its kind of obnoxious at higher speeds, but that is probably more due to the fact that I have spent zero time trying to make it a decent street car. Fast entries seem like a blast, out track is really basic so there really isn't much I can smash into if something goes wrong.

Thank for the input guys, guess its time to pull the S13 SR and get the S14 SR out of my shell prepped for the swap.