Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-15-2003, 07:13 AM   #1
kanekz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
kanekz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I got a Ticket on Valentine's DAY!

Well as much this sucks balls, I got a ticket on Valentine's day! Whoo hoo! It was a great way to start off the night w/my gf. Well it was a simple infraction. I made a left turn into a parking structure. Now the cop (of course came out of no where) writes me up for making a U-turn in a Business District. I think I went over a double yellow, but not sure. The parking guy saw this and told me that I could make left turns to get into the lot. He told me to go contest the ticket. He told me that he ran a red light before and pled not guilty in two seperate appearances, and was let off (that's $200+ let off!). If I were to do so, and plead NOT GUILTY, do I have to give reasons why? What can I say, that I was really making a left turn. Would I have a good chance of getting off?
If they do find me guilty, is it to late to go to traffic school? And do you end up paying more than the initial fine?

....ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED! Anyone in California let me not the deal. Thanks.

BTW: Deep down inside, I had a gut feeling that something might happen when I turned. Usually in Old Town Pasadena, I dont take chances AT ALL! And actually, it was my gf that told me to turn....i dont know where my head was. Im ****ed. Help!! good night.

ooooooo, and later i saw that weiner sucker giving two ladies J-walking tickets!!! ahhhh. ima sleep on this now.
kanekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2003, 08:58 AM   #2
ca18guy
Premium Member

ca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfection
Beh, thats weak. I just got pulled over for averaging 95 mph just a few hours ago. Nicest cop I met in awhile, took him awhile to catch up with me on his motorcycle, still got a ticket though. I'll be lucky if I have to pay more then a $100, if anything, cause i'll be out of this country soon.
ca18guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 02:07 PM   #3
Natty
Zilvia Addict

Natty is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ca18guy
Beh, thats weak. I just got pulled over for averaging 95 mph just a few hours ago. Nicest cop I met in awhile, took him awhile to catch up with me on his motorcycle, still got a ticket though. I'll be lucky if I have to pay more then a $100, if anything, cause i'll be out of this country soon.
Lucky you. I average 100 when I go home every 2 weeks. If I got caught, I would be seriously screwed. If you do 20 over they have the right to arrest you and impound yor car.
Jeff
Old 02-15-2003, 02:38 PM   #4
ca18guy
Premium Member

ca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally posted by Natty
Lucky you. I average 100 when I go home every 2 weeks. If I got caught, I would be seriously screwed. If you do 20 over they have the right to arrest you and impound yor car.
Jeff
I was afraid of the same thing, cause I know in the states its that way. Here in England all they do is pull u over take like 10 minutes to give you your ticket and send you on your way. The cop was such a nice guy I was almost happy I got pulled over
ca18guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 03:13 PM   #5
96SEChick
Nissanaholic!

96SEChick is an unknown quantity at this point
The only bad thing that happened to me yesterday (on V-Day) was somehow, getting a rear brake ceized up on the drive home. Damn that smelled!! I guess my e-brake didn't release all the way and the inner pad got stuck. Luckily--no rotor damage and I drove it again last night for about 15 miles highway/intown, and no problems. Whew!! I had just gotten paid & my tax refund yesterday too!
'00 WS6 Trans Am Bright Red 6-speedFOR SALE - only 29k miles, stock, fully loaded, only $23,999 (NADA $26300)

Green Country Motorsports
Northeastern Oklahoma SCCA
96SEChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 06:42 PM   #6
DuffMan
Post Whore!

DuffMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to DuffMan
I got pulled over, patted down and my car searched on valentines day, but no ticket.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 05:06 PM   #7
kanekz
Zilvia Addict

kanekz is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone think I have a good chance of fighting this ticket? Opinions?
kanekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 05:19 PM   #8
fogleroller
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
fogleroller is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Contest it. Plead not guilty. If the cop doesn't show up to court for the court date, you get off.

You can extend the court date 2 times. I would take pictures of where you made the turn, and get a signed testimony of the parking lot attendant (might help).

You have a great chance to get out of it!
fogleroller is offline   Reply With Quote