Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-11-2003, 05:21 PM   #1
Bill Roberts
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Bill Roberts is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone concerned about this thing?

Click here http://www.goes.noaa.gov/HURRLOOPS/huirloop.html

160MPH, Catagory 5. Heading right for South Florida if it does not turn.

4 million People will have to evacuate and this simply takes DAYS to do.

I am considering loading up the car with my important things and getting the hell out of dodge. I am less than a mile from the coast and it would simply tear my house down.

Seriously considering getting out of here Monday if it does not change course. A 160MPH Hurricane destroys everything in its path usually.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA...-vis-loop.html

Last edited by Bill Roberts; 09-11-2003 at 07:04 PM..
Bill Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2003, 05:29 PM   #2
SilviaNinja240
Zilvia FREAK!

SilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enough
yea dude, get the hell outa there!
SilviaNinja240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 05:40 PM   #3
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
hell yea. id be the first one out! move to sunny side Killafornia!
SilviaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 05:58 PM   #4
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Come to the midwest, the only thing we get is loads of snow (which makes for a fun and scary winter ), tornados if you are in the right places.

But ya leave don't be a sucker and think it'll go away. If it does then consider it a vacation.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:17 PM   #5
Bill Roberts
Zilvia FREAK!

Read this.

http://www.geocities.com/hurricanene...anecamille.htm

If we get even a semi direct hit, the house will be under 15 to 18 feet of water!!!

I am thinking about what I can afford to totally lose.

Things I will take with me. My Dog, My Car, Me, My computer, As much of my studio stuff I can get in the car, my favorite clothes. My Photos, My TV.

I got about 2000 CD's that will be history. No room for them. Looking around here, If it looks like we will take a hit, I may just get me a ryder truck and grab the whole house of stuff. Their will not be anything to come back to. My Day job is water view. It will be gone for sure. I can leave my furniture behind...I don't care about it. This fukker is serious. It does not look good from my angle. Anyone that is not considering leaving south florida if they are 3 or less miles from the coast, will have a very very bad day. I feel if the Hurricane gets 2 days away, it will be impossable to get out. The roads cannot accomidate that many cars and trucks. The interstante and the turnpike will be a parking lot and everyone will be a sitting duck.

Last edited by Bill Roberts; 09-11-2003 at 06:21 PM..
Old 09-11-2003, 06:21 PM   #6
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Bill, go rent a uhall and a trailer for your car and drive like mad!!! throw as much as you can in the uhall and come out to CA. Kev and I will find a place for ya by the beach and you dont have to worry about damn hurricanes!

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 06:24 PM   #7
Bill Roberts
Zilvia FREAK!

They say it is a week away..I say it is 6 days or so. It is over 1500 miles away and the winds have already picked up. The thing is 600 miles wide! Their is wind here..usually we have 4 to 7MPH breeze, it is 7 to 14 now.

I wish they would just H bomb the crap out of it and make it go away...but then all the poison from the blast would do mare harm than good. no stopping those things.

Last edited by Bill Roberts; 09-11-2003 at 06:27 PM..
Old 09-11-2003, 06:26 PM   #8
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Roberts
Read this.

I got about 2000 CD's that will be history. No room for them.
Hell go buy a buch of cdrs' and use the spindles to put your cd's on, it will cost a few bucks, but you can take all the cd's you have and save em.

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 06:29 PM   #9
Bill Roberts
Zilvia FREAK!

I would need the truck. Since a stack of 100 is about 8 inches long, I would have 14 feet of CD'S!

But, damn good idea.

Last edited by Bill Roberts; 09-11-2003 at 06:44 PM..
Old 09-11-2003, 06:30 PM   #10
SilviaNinja240
Zilvia FREAK!

SilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enough
Just watch out for earthquakes when ya move out here to Cali
SilviaNinja240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 06:38 PM   #11
nocomedown
Zilvia FREAK!

nocomedown has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to nocomedown
bill, you gotta get outta there. any hurricane that's the size of Texas is NOT meant to be messed with. seriously, better safe than sorry.
nocomedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 06:49 PM   #12
the head
Nissanaholic!

Location: in a dark room mastering the art of typing with one hand
Trader Rating: (3)
the head is making a name for him/her selfthe head is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
get the hell outta there if i were in your shoes i would already be gone man
Old 09-11-2003, 07:10 PM   #13
Bill Roberts
Zilvia FREAK!

No one around here even seems concerned at all. The local weather teams say, no chance of landfall. WTF, you got a huge storm staring you in the eyes, the wind has picked up some...it is a "week" away, and no one is doing $hit. It may be another "homestead" only much worse. Hurricane Andrew was 145MPH when it struck. total devistation.

This is like looking down the barrels of a loaded 12 gauge shotgun with the hammers pulled back and fingers on both triggers.

I mean....the rich folks here will just get on a plane Monday....everyone else....Tuesday will be "too Late"...but I will work tomorrow (2 of the office girls are pretty concerned but they live 15 miles off shore) and I sent an email just now to my boss about getting some lumber to brace the warehouse dock rolling doors. I mean...you folks can clearly see what I am talking about...around here, no one is even prepared. Nothing..they act as if it does not exsist at all. The GA, SC and NC people should be on the alert as well as the gulf coast in case it slips under Florida.

This is a bad azz storm.

I simply think it is time to make a decision and do it to it.

Last edited by Bill Roberts; 09-11-2003 at 07:16 PM..
Old 09-11-2003, 07:41 PM   #14
s14falcon
Zilvia Junkie

s14falcon is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn, Bill, you live within a mile of the coast and you're worried? I live waterfront, about 600 feet from the ocean. If this thing hits, we're gonna be totally fuked. Ith the storm surge that gets everything. FT luderdale, elevation, 5 feet. We don't know if its gonna hit here, it still has a good while to deviate, but if not, were gettin the hell outta here too. 160mph winds +20foot storm surge = underwater house and unhappy family. Damn, this is the first time i've heard is got that strong, I saw on the news just the other day that it was only like category two or three. FIVE o ****. Andrew was bad, but this looks like it has the chance to be even worse
s14falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 07:49 PM   #15
Bill Roberts
Zilvia FREAK!

Yea Man...

I am actually South of Downtown WBP, 6 miles. Right by the Lake Worth Bridge. I know you know where that is. They even have a sign, in case of hurricane, Portions of bridge (west side) will be underwater. Is it a little more windy that usually there?

Yep, gotta watch this one like a hawk! Hey, beautiful moon out tonight over the ocean...seen it?. You and I know...getting out of here is a PITA. Just so many people..not enough roads. I heard that both South and Northbound turnpike will be northbound only in the event of this thing comming in here...but we would need to go 500 or more miles to escape it and get out of heavy traffic. Monday is the day I bolt...if it stays on the current projected course. Maybe even Sunday!...I may get fired...but that is better than being dead. Evac here is From 95 east. That means everyone.

Last edited by Bill Roberts; 09-11-2003 at 07:54 PM..
Old 09-11-2003, 08:14 PM   #16
s14falcon
Zilvia Junkie

I know where you're at, my aunt lives around there. True about the moon, I've noticed it the last couple of nights, really nice.

I just watched the weather on the news, and they'e really not sure about where its gonna go, too many variables still, its like 1600 miles off miami, but if it heads this way, we wanna be outta here by monday too. Traffic is terrible every normal day, i dont even want to imagine what 95 will look like during a serious evacuation. Seriously, I hope this thing gets diverted somewhere else, all the things to do around the house before a big storm, packing and everything and damn. And what sucks, is the northen most place we usually would go is WPB, but it seems like everyone is gonna have to get the hell out. All we really can do now is wait and see.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:20 PM   #17
Bill Roberts
Zilvia FREAK!

I am glad that you are noticing this thing..It will be KAOS if we are forced to get out...so best to make a good judgement and do it early. I hate losing this property...but what the hell. 2 years ago, I lived in Arkansas and was married. That was tough. This will not amount to a flea compared to what happened then. You can always rebuild or move...but death is unrecoverable..and this, my friend is a true killer. I don't like "wait and see" but it is our only choice. It would be premature to leave tonight. Sunday is good, Monday is ok, Tuesday, we are fuked. Great that Zilvia is here to communicate things like this...and yes, if this property is destroied, Cali looks like a good oppurtunity for me. I use to work with Warner bros in Burbank so I have some heritage there to accept...but if I do move, I need all the help I can get. My security here will be lost. My insurance policy has a waver for an immenent storm. no flood insurance ava.

Take care of yourself, if you want to share a truck..I am willing..

It WOULD cost us less to share one.

Last edited by Bill Roberts; 09-11-2003 at 08:26 PM..
Old 09-11-2003, 08:25 PM   #18
Warwick5s
Zilvia Junkie

Warwick5s is an unknown quantity at this point
i think i'd probably get a uhaul truck and a car trailer, and just hang out for a few days in the tennessee area, then come back to see if it were bad. i'd probably get the truck tomorrow and get the heck out of dodge after the weekend.
Warwick5s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 08:33 PM   #19
s14falcon
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Take care of yourself, if you want to share a truck..I am willing..
Sorry cant share a truck, Bill, I live with my family, don't worry about me. Hope everything goes ok for you, and if you do move, its too bad I havent gotten to meet ya at one of the meets, I havent been to one yet. Good Luck.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:43 PM   #20
Bill Roberts
Zilvia FREAK!

Well, I am just going to prepare as you will and I appreciate your concern as you are concerned for me I am concerned for you and your family.....they damn sure speaking about the hurricane on the preview to the 11 o'clock news (which we will watch no doubt)

I went to the Melbourne meet and the one in Davie with the SFL240SX folks and we had fun. I would not mind a mini meet here in WBP this weekend. IF you know anyone down there that would like to do it, I got the place, the grill and the meat! We can even drift at 30MPH there..it is a fenced parking lot...Mine!

IF their is anything I can do to help you..let me know...it is just me and my Dog. I can pack everything in 6 hours, I have 42 rubbermade totes from last move, a cakewalk.

Last edited by Bill Roberts; 09-11-2003 at 08:45 PM..
Old 09-11-2003, 09:12 PM   #21
s14falcon
Zilvia Junkie

Hey Bill, I think htere might be just a little misunderstanding. When i say my family, I mean my parents, I'm still in HS. i'm really worried about this Chem 2 ap test I have tomorrow. If things happen right, I'd look forward to drifting there in the future, but not just yet. I really need to study and sleep, so I'm leaving now, I'll be back tomorrow.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:20 PM   #22
nocomedown
Zilvia FREAK!

one of the things that concerns me the most about this kind of situation is all of the old people. we all know people love to retire in florida, and im just worried that a lot of those people dont really pay attention to the news, and they wont be prepared. my grandpa live in WPB, and theres no way that he could pack up and get outta town in a day. is the WPB area relatively safe from this storm?
Old 09-11-2003, 10:06 PM   #23
Bill Roberts
Zilvia FREAK!

At this point, this thing is huge. Any area from North carolina to Key west is wide open. Like I said, I live right next to WBP (5 mins) Since your Grandpa is WPB, their are teams of people to make sure the old ones can have a place to go. Question is, is He close to the coast? Mile or two away from the intercoastal is hit and miss, the Coast itself (Islands) are in trouble if this thing comes through. "Call him", let him know this Mofo is coming and tell him to get in touch with emergency management to register his location so if it gets rough, they will come get him and keep him safe.
That is why we pay higher taxes here than the rest of the state...it just upsets me that this think is late for preparedness at this stage. It will turn into a clusterfuk if people do not plan and act NOW. 3.8Million people live on this coast.

This is not knee jerk, this is complete and utter devistation of this area with a direct hit and nobody knows at this point. It is a time bomb ticking away.

http://www.osei.noaa.gov/Events/Trop...abel254_N7.jpg

May as well explode an atomic bomb here...it would be close. That hurricane is a killer.

Last edited by Bill Roberts; 09-11-2003 at 10:13 PM..
Old 09-11-2003, 10:07 PM   #24
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Go around your house and videotape what you have in there. If/when the big storm hits, you have evidence of all the stuff that was destroyed. This way, the insurance can cover your belongings (if you have coverage on it). Just something I saw on TV pertaining to tornado victims a while back.
Chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 10:14 PM   #25
Bill Roberts
Zilvia FREAK!

I got digital pics. No Dig camcorder. Insurance is toast...got to get it out of here and get on the road Sunday/Monday. At least we are warned.
Old 09-12-2003, 07:43 AM   #26
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
save the 240! heh. but seriously don't forget ur **** like paystubs, passport, birth certificate... if its really gonna hit pull that crap out of the safety deposit and take it with u.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 07:54 AM   #27
M.Piedlourde
Zilvia Member

M.Piedlourde is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, I'm very concerned. My parents live in Savannah, GA, and Isabel only needs to change course a little northward to head directly for them. I was in Charleston, SC immediately after Hugo hit in 1989, so I've seen first-hand just how destructive a powerful hurricane can be. I'll never forget walking up to a house foundation and wondering where the HOUSE was, and then looking down the street and seeing it about a half mile away.
M.Piedlourde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 08:22 AM   #28
OldSklS13
Leaky Injector

OldSklS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to OldSklS13
yeah...im pretty sure im gonna die within a week because of this thing...
Old 09-12-2003, 01:21 PM   #29
Stee Flo
Endless Knights

Stee Flo is an unknown quantity at this point
Dang this sucks. I just took a week off of work for the first time in a year and a half to go down to Ft. Laterdale to visit my brother. Took off from the 18th through the 24th; about the time it will probably hit. Talk about great timing.

Watch this storm Florida members and get out while there is time.
Old 09-12-2003, 06:10 PM   #30
nocomedown
Zilvia FREAK!

from the latest news, looks as if florida may be safe. all you members along the central and northern seaboard may be the ones in trouble now.