Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 03:22 PM   #31
spooledyou33

Trader Rating: (0)
spooledyou33 is a jewel in the roughspooledyou33 is a jewel in the roughspooledyou33 is a jewel in the roughspooledyou33 is a jewel in the roughspooledyou33 is a jewel in the roughspooledyou33 is a jewel in the roughspooledyou33 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you should post a vid of this thing in action i will deff buy one if i can see it work
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2008, 03:26 PM   #32
prang11
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
prang11 will become famous soon enoughprang11 will become famous soon enoughprang11 will become famous soon enoughprang11 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Help for the HUD. Awesome product.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:31 PM   #33
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
nice price =p
Old 04-09-2008, 03:33 PM   #34
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
Whats the response time on the display?

haha jk,

Looks like a good deal, Id pick one up If I had a s13.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:37 PM   #35
johngriff
Post Whore!

johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
HUD will NOT happen. The display for temp is all wrong on the cluster already, also the production numbers on the HUD are too low to justify making them.

Response time is quick, 30 readings per second, with a 2 second averaging calculation.

Yes, the final version will be much cleaner, the buttons will be under the LCD display.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:41 PM   #36
Rob's S14
Zilvia FREAK!

Rob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Rob's S14
That looks pretty tight. Seamless too, looks like it belongs there. One quick question though, do they come with the logo or is that just so everyone knows it's yours?
Old 04-09-2008, 03:42 PM   #37
johngriff
Post Whore!

johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Right now the logo is going to be attached with a sticker, later it will be screen printed. That is all volume Dependant.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:46 PM   #38
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
can't wait for the production version and it's nice and cleaned up. This will definitely help to stop the clutter on a lot of ppl's cars. Now I'd probably need to buy an oil temp and oil pressure gauge.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 04-09-2008, 03:48 PM   #39
WilloW
Zilvia FREAK!

WilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfectionWilloW is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to WilloW Send a message via Yahoo to WilloW
Nice, one less ugly gauge for me to worry about.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:50 PM   #40
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I like the idea of an actual number vs. dash lines. I would like to keep it as clean as possible so can the logo be removed easily? I see you already have a price on your site. Are these already for sale?

Scott
Old 04-09-2008, 03:50 PM   #41
corriganjoshua
Zilvia Junkie

corriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfectioncorriganjoshua is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to corriganjoshua
Looks good keep up the good work

Cheap,Fast,Reliable you can only have 2.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:54 PM   #42
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to Quail
Definitely want an S14 version when it comes out.

Aslong as you don't rape me on shipping to England!
Old 04-09-2008, 04:03 PM   #43
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I want a s14 as well, it would be cool to tie this in with some kind of a temp fan controller so we can trigger random stuff at certain temps.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:30 PM   #44
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
fyi, i'll be purchasing one as soon as i get back in cali.
just out of curiousity, does anyone know what optimal operating temp range should be for sr20? and what should i set the warning light at?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:36 PM   #45
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
fyi, i'll be purchasing one as soon as i get back in cali.
just out of curiousity, does anyone know what optimal operating temp range should be for sr20? and what should i set the warning light at?
In Fahrenheit, normal should be around 170-190ish, start to get worried at around 205-210ish. Someone chime in on Celsius. I'm too lazy to convert.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #46
johngriff
Post Whore!

And the scary thing is the stock gauge wont start to move past the middle until 220.

Which is why this is a necessity.

I will do my best on shipping to england, maybe you can pickup a demo I send to my dad in old harlow?
Old 04-09-2008, 05:00 PM   #47
Rittmeister
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Rittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really nice
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
What sensor does this thing take readings from? It's a great idea but can you tell us a bit more about how it works? I thought the stock gauge read from that one-wire sensor on the head, which is why it's lousy. Does your gauge somehow read from the same sensor (but more accurately) or from the sensor for the ECU, or what?

Very curious.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:06 PM   #48
johngriff
Post Whore!

The DTIG no longer relies on the factory thermoswitch. It views the temperature the same as the Engine Control unit, making the accuracy very high.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:17 PM   #49
Rittmeister
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Rittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really niceRittmeister is just really nice
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
OK, that's what my Pivot fan controller does.

Next question - is there splicing involved in the installation of your unit? Or does the ECU temp signal somehow get routed to the gauge cluster, even though it's not displayed?

Not trying to be argumentative, I'm quite interested in your gauge, but again I'm curious.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:22 PM   #50
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
looks sweet. how bout some pictures of it in action? If i saw some action shots and/or video i just might be tempted into impulsively buying one.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:25 PM   #51
weagle
Zilvia Member

weagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant futureweagle has a brilliant future
any chance on similar setup but for fuel?
Old 04-09-2008, 06:32 PM   #52
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
looks good john! keep us posted with some updated pics. this will have to be on my car sooner then later!

TEAM SUS*PECT
Old 04-09-2008, 06:35 PM   #53
johngriff
Post Whore!

I could make one for fuel, but that would be Dependant on the success of this.

Yeah, Alex, just hit me up when you are ready, because well, you actually track your car.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:35 PM   #54
tt99ol
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
tt99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond reputett99ol has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tt99ol
i want one, let me get my money sorted out and i will get back to you in the next week or so
Old 04-09-2008, 07:28 PM   #55
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
that looks pretty cool man. maybe after i fix my multitude of other problems i can pick one of these up.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #56
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I'd like to see one for oil temp. It looks good John I am definitely interested in one.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 04-09-2008, 08:09 PM   #57
Jza
Leaky Injector

Jza is an unknown quantity at this point
I am interested. But, please take my concern into consideration.

1) Please keep the logo detachable or a sticker to us if we want to have it. Cali drivers worries about getting pull over. ( I am one of them).

2) Can you have the programmable control somewhere so that we don't have to take off the cluster everytime we change the setting?

3) I'd assume you have all the info for all 240sx OEM engine's temp. so that we would know what is the normal temp. and over heat temp. Most of the analog readers do NOT know the digital reading. If not, please advice.

Please keep us update when you have the final production pic. I'll definitely going to get one if the above conern is not a problem. Good work!!
Old 04-09-2008, 09:09 PM   #58
kevtrinh
Zilvia Junkie

kevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond repute
This is what i've been looking for all my life !
Old 04-09-2008, 09:11 PM   #59
hustlervibes
Banned from the Marketplace

hustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hustlervibes
I'd get one definitely if it was for the S14 and the logo was a sticker, but it'd have to be the white face version.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:20 PM   #60
lonelydrifter
Zilvia Member

lonelydrifter is making a name for him/her selflonelydrifter is making a name for him/her self
Can I get some more info about how this actually installs and works?

Other than that it looks great and I would be able to get rid of my pod gauge and wiring in the bay.
Closed Thread