Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-01-2008, 10:39 AM   #31
silviakid2790
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
silviakid2790 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i hate you kewwy
silviakid2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2008, 10:42 AM   #32
((sr)) kelly
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
heehehe..... zach you only have 36 post
((sr)) kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:11 AM   #33
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Steve Shadows used to run a T67 - I don't remember the specs on it, but you can probably find it on his old F/S thread, called "blowzilla" lol.

What made you want to go so big, but not ball bearing? Price?
It was a T61 which is about one size smaller overall.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:14 AM   #34
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_240sx View Post
oh my bad..... i was under the influence that the t67 was a much bigger turbo..... maybe im confusing it with t76? is there such athing?
It is. but the misconception is that a T67 T3 will be a million times slower spooling than a 2871R.

It is slower spooling but not the end of the world

A GT3076R vs. a .86 2871R is almost the same with good tuning
Old 07-01-2008, 03:18 PM   #35
punk138
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
punk138 has a reputation beyond reputepunk138 has a reputation beyond reputepunk138 has a reputation beyond reputepunk138 has a reputation beyond reputepunk138 has a reputation beyond reputepunk138 has a reputation beyond reputepunk138 has a reputation beyond reputepunk138 has a reputation beyond reputepunk138 has a reputation beyond reputepunk138 has a reputation beyond reputepunk138 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
dude thats so sick!
punk138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:22 PM   #36
juice.def
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juice.def is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
gat damn thats a fat boi!!
Old 07-01-2008, 03:23 PM   #37
surge s14
Zilvia FREAK!

surge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymore
i want sound clips asap
Old 07-01-2008, 03:26 PM   #38
ROUGE180
Zilvia Addict

ROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfectionROUGE180 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ROUGE180 Send a message via Yahoo to ROUGE180
Quote:
Originally Posted by surge s14 View Post
i want sound clips asap
What he said cuz I'm sure it's going to sound like insanity!!
ROUGE180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:28 PM   #39
projectdrifter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
projectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to projectdrifter Send a message via Yahoo to projectdrifter
that setup is straigh legit. all nmabrand parts. manifold was cermaic coated. real sard racing bov. feshly ebuilt ready to go. i know this sup like the back of my hand. i peiced i ther and sold it to him when i parted my s14.5 out.. wi you wold have go e t60mm wg to. lol cawait to see it in action.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:54 PM   #40
bnorman82

bnorman82 is an unknown quantity at this point
sick.. that thing is huge!!!
bnorman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:43 PM   #41
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
..whos the guy with the crappy spider tattoo? ....(ive known you long enough kelly, i can say crap like this, screw you.)
Old 07-01-2008, 10:54 PM   #42
Modrified
Zilvia Member

Modrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of light
looking good. post a vid on motor running asap. hehe.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:34 AM   #43
((sr)) kelly
BANNED

((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute((sr)) kelly has a reputation beyond repute
thats my friend kevin.. he is a DSM guru.. hes built over 20 4g63s.. and he offered to help me put the setup on for free.. BUT ONLY BECUASE ITS A MITSU TURBO hahahaha
Old 07-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #44
norbac
Zilvia Member

norbac has a brilliant futurenorbac has a brilliant futurenorbac has a brilliant futurenorbac has a brilliant futurenorbac has a brilliant futurenorbac has a brilliant futurenorbac has a brilliant futurenorbac has a brilliant futurenorbac has a brilliant futurenorbac has a brilliant futurenorbac has a brilliant future
just saw stock t25, and this thing is a giant compared to it, very nice
norbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:45 PM   #45
((sr)) kelly
BANNED

...ha yeh . thanks guys
Old 07-02-2008, 06:16 PM   #46
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ((sr)) kelly View Post
thats my friend kevin.. he is a DSM guru.. hes built over 20 4g63s.. and he offered to help me put the setup on for free.. BUT ONLY BECUASE ITS A MITSU TURBO hahahaha
yeah thats the thing...when you're a mitsu. guy... you'll get used to rebuilding 4G63's
Old 07-02-2008, 06:27 PM   #47
((sr)) kelly
BANNED

haha...................
Old 07-02-2008, 06:31 PM   #48
chibo
Zilvia FREAK!

chibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to chibo
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbac View Post
just saw stock t25, and this thing is a giant compared to it, very nice

I got bored.

Some other pics...

Evo IX 16G vs STi VF39

Evo IX vs Evo VIII

1989 S13 | 1996 S14 | 2001 E46 | 2009 ZX6R
chibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:23 AM   #49
phi_ho1
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (57)
phi_ho1 is making a name for him/her selfphi_ho1 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 57 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to phi_ho1
that turbo is huge, but it will be laggy
phi_ho1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:27 AM   #50
1QUICK4
Stop or I'll Shoost

1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection1QUICK4 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 1QUICK4 Send a message via MSN to 1QUICK4
Quote:
Originally Posted by phi_ho1 View Post
that turbo is huge, but it will be laggy
Let me guess, you clicked on the thread, looked at the pics quick and posted didn't you?

I mean not trying to bash you too hard but read all the responses then decide how "laggy" it's gonna be when it's spooling at only 300-400 later.

Review Thread= http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=201106
1QUICK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:33 AM   #51
240sxvaj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
240sxvaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
looks crazy like its gonna blow assoon as you boost (knock on wood) :]
240sxvaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:40 AM   #52
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
weird you had to pull the motor to put the turbo on.... I have never had to do that - maybe its the manifolds design?

the T4 housing might make it spool a little later - but it should be worth it

i think if my holset ever dies im gonna go either MHI (Mitsu Heavy Industries) or BorgWarner. cant wait to see ur results.

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:44 AM   #53
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
Grenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grenade180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by smelly240 View Post
weird you had to pull the motor to put the turbo on.... I have never had to do that - maybe its the manifolds design?

i think if my holset ever dies im gonna go either MHI (Mitsu Heavy Industries) or BorgWarner. cant wait to see ur results.

holset die? NONSENSE. especially with a 100 rebuild kit.
Grenade180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:18 AM   #54
((sr)) kelly
BANNED

Quote:

yeh those are both good turbos... people think that just because mhi uses journal setups the turbo is automatically going to spool alot later and blow up..... thats deffinatly not the case.... MHI is soo good that greddy takes all their stuff and puts their name on it haha
Old 07-04-2008, 12:23 AM   #55
((sr)) kelly
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxvaj View Post
looks crazy like its gonna blow assoon as you boost (knock on wood) :]

i should be ok
Old 07-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #56
drift Kid
Zilvia Member

drift Kid is just really nicedrift Kid is just really nicedrift Kid is just really nicedrift Kid is just really nicedrift Kid is just really nicedrift Kid is just really nicedrift Kid is just really nicedrift Kid is just really nicedrift Kid is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to drift Kid
looks sick kew.. let me drive it!
drift Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:04 AM   #57
((sr)) kelly
BANNED

hahahah thanks eddie... i cant wait till it can be driven haah
Old 07-05-2008, 12:24 AM   #58
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ((sr)) kelly View Post
OT, but what mirrors are those? they look like eastbear. maybe bomex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:39 AM   #59
whereda40at
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
whereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nicewhereda40at is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to whereda40at
Quote:

borg warner ftw!!!!!
my top mount set up is goin to be the 366XXL fuck a 42R haha
Old 07-05-2008, 12:51 AM   #60
Omarius Maximus
Zilvia Junkie

Omarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of lightOmarius Maximus is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QUICK4 View Post
Let me guess, you clicked on the thread, looked at the pics quick and posted didn't you?

I mean not trying to bash you too hard but read all the responses then decide how "laggy" it's gonna be when it's spooling at only 300-400 later.
It's not just spool, it's transient response and respool. 3-400rpm doesn't sound like a bad deal until you wait half a second between shifts to rebuild boost.

GT series ball bearing or Borg Warner extended tip turbos....no more stone age stuff for me.
Omarius Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote