Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-30-2014, 10:27 PM   #3181
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Shooting for 400+whp. Still a clutch away from being able to get it tuned and find out. It's a 6.0 with 317 heads, big cam, big springs, 1.7 roller rockers... So high torque and stock gears. Probably won't be much I can do to keep it from chirping tires until I change the rear end. I'm kind of out in the country, so it's a lot of highway driving... But cops in town love to harass you for even the slightest spinning leaving lights... Ever since that street outlaw shit.

I'll check prices on what my tire guy has and research to see which one has the best grip. I appreciate it guys. Still a novice to the tire world and most of the info I've gotten has come from mustang forums lol.
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2014, 10:46 PM   #3182
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Nitto, Hankook, and Dunlop have some pretty sticky tires for a reasonable price point. You can obviously go up from there, Goodyear, Toyo and Bridgestone are more expensive. Is this a weekend warrior or a street car you drive occasionally? I'd go with a radial style tire if you want the best UTQG. However, there will be trade offs.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:17 PM   #3183
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

I've got tires for every occasion (drift/drag)

but I picked up some 18x9/x10 wheels for $150 so I could DD on something that I won't be heart broken if they get bent or stolen. Cleaned them up, dipped/painted them.... made them somewhat presentable.

Obviously there will be times I'm too lazy to mount other tires/wheels before going to the track so they will see speeds above 70mph, but I build cars to drive. I'll be DD unless it's snowing or hailing. I'll post pics when mounted, but I think I've got a good plan of attack for the time being. Thanks again for the help /threadjack
Old 08-31-2014, 02:11 AM   #3184
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
ok...so you plan on driving like a fucking maniac everywhere or something?(that's pretty much what I got from your worries about chriping tires off the line and changing gear)

and the pictured tires are pretty much shit tires in the looks department, god knows how old they are for any occasion. Let's look into Nitto NT05's category and keep you around 275's in rear. should be plenty to keep you out of trouble(if you loose traction, slow the fuck down in the streets)
as far as grip goes, grip is going to be a wee bit different from mustang even if the two cars have same power and weight because of suspension differences(depending on which mustang guy you read..one with IRS or one without IRS.)

sorry if you get offended from this post..but not really sorry. I know of plenty of people with 400+ whp/wtq that daily drive their cars, no one has ever worried about chriping tires off the line.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:03 AM   #3185
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

no, I don't plan on driving like a maniac, but I've read that until I change the rear gear ratio I'm going to be spinning from a stop everywhere. I don't want to do that. that's why I figured if I had 295 or 305s I wouldn't have to worry about it as much. I've driven a 500rwhp mustang and never had a problem, but it had 3.55 gears and 305 tires. by my saying I build cars to drive, I did not mean I build cars to drive like an asshole.... I didn't rebuild an engine, transmission, suspension, interior etc. just to let my car sit in the garage all the time. all of those tires are used, and not street worthy tires, which is why I'm in the market for street tires, because I want my shit to be safe on the street. otherwise I'd put those slicks back on my centerlines and worry about it when those are spent. the other tires are just drift spares for when I want to go to events and have cheap fun.

I'm not offended that you fail at reading comprehension or that you are talking shit about my drift spares and slicks that I took off to put daily tires on my ranger. To further explain myself even though it is unneeded, by me saying I may be too lazy to mount my slicks when going to the track. I work about halfway between the track and my house... so some Saturday nights I may not want to drive an hour home, put on different wheels, then drive 2 hours to the track... so my street tires may see a few passes. Is that clear enough for you now? From your posts I've read on multiple forums it appears you know your shit, so I know you're not the typical troll, but you really shouldn't jump to conclusions.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:24 AM   #3186
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Food for thought, once you reach a certain tire diameter, you actually decrease available grip. A wider tire takes longer to heat up and keep it warm, so unless you're racing on a track, there is no need for 3xx sized tires.
We are talking street tires for a DD. They don't heat up...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2014, 11:41 AM   #3187
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
We are talking street tires for a DD. They don't heat up...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh, but they do my friend. All tires "heat" up.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:13 PM   #3188
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Oh, but they do my friend. All tires "heat" up.
No noticeable gain in grip in most street tires.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:31 PM   #3189
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuma View Post
no, I don't plan on driving like a maniac, but I've read that until I change the rear gear ratio I'm going to be spinning from a stop everywhere. I don't want to do that. that's why I figured if I had 295 or 305s I wouldn't have to worry about it as much. I've driven a 500rwhp mustang and never had a problem, but it had 3.55 gears and 305 tires. by my saying I build cars to drive, I did not mean I build cars to drive like an asshole.... I didn't rebuild an engine, transmission, suspension, interior etc. just to let my car sit in the garage all the time. all of those tires are used, and not street worthy tires, which is why I'm in the market for street tires, because I want my shit to be safe on the street. otherwise I'd put those slicks back on my centerlines and worry about it when those are spent. the other tires are just drift spares for when I want to go to events and have cheap fun.

I'm not offended that you fail at reading comprehension or that you are talking shit about my drift spares and slicks that I took off to put daily tires on my ranger. To further explain myself even though it is unneeded, by me saying I may be too lazy to mount my slicks when going to the track. I work about halfway between the track and my house... so some Saturday nights I may not want to drive an hour home, put on different wheels, then drive 2 hours to the track... so my street tires may see a few passes. Is that clear enough for you now? From your posts I've read on multiple forums it appears you know your shit, so I know you're not the typical troll, but you really shouldn't jump to conclusions.
So, I still don't get why you would have thought you'd be chriping tires off the light when you are driving the car like a normal person? because that was your main worries as you said it multiple times. Maybe the forums you have been reading about this tire setup really does consists of mustang drivers who do drive like assholes everywhere(in most cases..very true).

I didn't fail at reading what you have posted one bit on the tires. You posted that "I've got tires for every occasion (drift/drag)", by not really knowing your situation, I have assumed that those were the tires you planned on using. What I read was what you posted and I am not trying to troll you one bit(ok..may just a little ) here on the tire sizes you want and need. if you keep it from 265~285 range in the rear with decent tire(Hankook V12, Toyo T1R, Nitto NT05, Falken 615k etc), you should have no problem with traction for daily uses IMO. and of course if you need more traction, lower the tire pressure.

lowest you can go is about 3.69 with Q45/Y33 diff in s-chassis, unless you do a Cobra diff(which most RX7 people do, since their diff options suck pretty bad), which will cost you about $1200 in parts alone+fab time on top.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:33 PM   #3190
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
No noticeable gain in grip in most street tires.
they sure do heat up, but not noticeable amount to the point where you will see massive amounts of grip differences. 1 lap around a 15 turn track will heat up the tires more than 2 hours of driving on street. (of course...tons of variables here...outside temp being the biggest one of them all)
Old 08-31-2014, 10:07 PM   #3191
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
can we take this to PM's please.
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:12 PM   #3192
NHTKID
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
NHTKID is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
haha, i saw that. so bad. boob close up for 2 minutes lol

Anyone have any info on wheel and tire size for this setup? I know their nismo wheels but sizes I cant eye that well. thanks in advance
NHTKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #3193
ATLspeed
Zilvia Addict

ATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to behold
s13 coupe
- stock metal
- modest drop

So I'm looking for new tires and I come across a local ad for a set of 17x9.5 +35(or +38, i forgot) w/ 275/40 Nitto NTo5.

I figure 275s won't clear the front, biggest i've seen was 265/35/18. But what about the rear? I figure a roll and pull would need to be in order. Prefer no pull to keep a clean body line, but you have to pay to play I guess.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:10 PM   #3194
Shift_Kouki
Zilvia Junkie

Shift_Kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
7 years and still going.
Shift_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:15 PM   #3195
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLspeed View Post
s13 coupe
- stock metal
- modest drop

So I'm looking for new tires and I come across a local ad for a set of 17x9.5 +35(or +38, i forgot) w/ 275/40 Nitto NTo5.

I figure 275s won't clear the front, biggest i've seen was 265/35/18. But what about the rear? I figure a roll and pull would need to be in order. Prefer no pull to keep a clean body line, but you have to pay to play I guess.

Are you talking about a set of RPF1 17x9.5 etc?? If so, I am the one with the set

Fits the front of a S14 with a minimum roll. Fits the rears with no roll or pull
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:21 PM   #3196
ATLspeed
Zilvia Addict

ATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to behold
^^^ yea actually I was lol. I didn't read-read the whole thread and missed that its just for 2 [emoji25]. But in still going to do a little research on the fitment. S14 may get away with no pull/roll but not sure for s13.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:27 PM   #3197
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
The rear on the S13 will probably fit the set just fine with nary an issue. You can buy it and be just fine with that

Stock fenders with the 275 will fit with barely a roll with this wheel width and offset.

Take a look at the thread below and note: The RA1s DO run wide, so with the NTo5s, you will be able to get away with it!

http://www.freshalloy.com/showthread...a-9-inch-wheel
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:24 AM   #3198
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

this will be a repost...but in reguards of "275"s... I will contribute.

S14, 0 camber on all the pics. fender is pulled 3/4 inch from stock.
F: 18x9.5+15 245/40/18 (it's now on 235/40/18, not pictured. had much rubbing issue with 245 than I'd like to deal with)
R: 18x10+38 275/35/18

Tein S-Tech Lower springs on KYB GR-2's
Old 09-14-2014, 01:22 PM   #3199
spd_dvl

spd_dvl is an unknown quantity at this point
I am new to the 240 scene and see a lot of you guys going with a staggered look which is nice, but I am wanting to know what is the most tire I could do with a square look. I am wanting to run 18x9.5 rpf1 I seem to find +15 offsets and +30 offsets. I'd like to keep them the same so I can rotate. I am lowered on megan coilovers and megan lca. I hope someone can assist me. I am looking for the max fitment for the square look. Thanks in advance.
spd_dvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 03:17 PM   #3200
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
What car? S13 S14? Zbrakes? Coilovers?

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 05:37 PM   #3201
jr_ss
Post Whore!

255's all around on the S14 with the correct wheel sizes.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:48 PM   #3202
spd_dvl

spd_dvl is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post
What car? S13 S14? Zbrakes? Coilovers?
Sorry i have a s14, sitting on Megan coilovers, have brembo front brakes and z32 rears. Currently have 17x9.5 +15 battles. I think it might have 1 to 2 degrees negative camber i don't want aggressive camber on the car due to wear. I want the camber for handling but obviously too much hurts it. Should I go with the plus 15 or plus 30 with a 18x9.5
spd_dvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:55 PM   #3203
Sumslapper
Zilvia FREAK!

Sumslapper is an unknown quantity at this point
My rears are almost shot, probably going to drop down to a 275 and reduce camber to -1.

17x9 +0 245/40/17 -2.5 camber
18x11 +19 295/30/18 -2 camber

Sumslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #3204
S14DB
AFC #1

Maximum TIRE(Rubber) fitment thread

Specs!

Sent from my iFad using Crapatalk
Old 09-18-2014, 09:30 AM   #3205
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
i <3your car sumslapper
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 01:55 PM   #3206
Bnr32gtr
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Bnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Sumslapper what's the spects on your set up now thanks
Bnr32gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 01:57 PM   #3207
Sumslapper
Zilvia FREAK!

Sumslapper is an unknown quantity at this point
17x9 +0 245/40/17 -2.5 camber
18x11 +19 295/30/18 -2 camber
Sumslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:04 PM   #3208
Bnr32gtr
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Bnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Looks sick! I wouldent change it
Bnr32gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:19 PM   #3209
shoguner
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
shoguner is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

This might qualify for here.
255/45/18's on the rear.

Woops
Rule edit.

YOUR CHASSIS: s13,

WHEELS: Ford focus front 17x7.5 +35. unknown brand rear. 18x9 +15(i think)

TIRES: 225/45/17 front 255/45/18 rear

MISC DETAILS: 1uz 350z 6speed.

PURPOSE OF CAR: Drift.

Last edited by shoguner; 09-19-2014 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: rules
shoguner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:24 PM   #3210
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoguner View Post
This might qualify for here.
255/45/18's on the rear.
No, probably not. 9.5-10" wide rear wheels?