Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 10:22 PM   #31
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Location: Southern California...where i stretch out haters like a bad thong
Trader Rating: (40)
DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DUFFM4N Send a message via Yahoo to DUFFM4N
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Im doing the same with the cheap vynal off ebay.
I already have dibs on the cherry red flake stuff fuckers.
sorry eric, you're too late

...yeah, i just did that

things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who HUSTLE

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2008, 10:45 PM   #32
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
^fUCK YOU eDDIE!!!!!

OOPS, cap locks. (was just on Day Of Defeat).

so you got red, team burst uses purple, that SD guy has gold, mattycakes has green, everyone and thier mom painted there car blue after i did last year.

what the fuck sparkle does that leave me??

i might have to still go red Eddie. Sorry, but at least im S13 and your S14.
i was gonna run chrome Vienna Dish, whats your setup gonna be like?
just dont want 2 identicle styled cars in the same area
Old 12-25-2008, 10:46 PM   #33
Pank
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
fucking orange!
1997 "tuned" dodge neon style

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Old 12-25-2008, 11:10 PM   #34
andmattsayd
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
andmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUFFM4N View Post

...yeah, i just did that
lol OUCH.
but yeah the vinyl thing has been talked about for a little while now..
??
Old 12-25-2008, 11:13 PM   #35
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'd just get the real deal but that pink corolla may be the best thing to ever exist.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:33 PM   #36
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Location: Southern California...where i stretch out haters like a bad thong
Trader Rating: (40)
DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DUFFM4N Send a message via Yahoo to DUFFM4N
Quote:
^fUCK YOU eDDIE!!!!!

so you got red, team burst uses purple, that SD guy has gold, mattycakes has green, everyone and thier mom painted there car blue after i did last year.

ill PM you an ebay store where i got mine from, the guy has a TON of shit you might be interested in...

as far as my set up, i'm gonna keep it a secret until i finish up the new project...but i still have the Weds Kranze

things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who HUSTLE

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
Old 12-25-2008, 11:39 PM   #37
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
all bow down to thy holy charlie mercer
Old 12-25-2008, 11:44 PM   #38
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverrain View Post
Seriously, this is what I was thinking. That kit is like what, 6 grand? Paint it. Don't be stupid. The vinyl won't made a difference if you slam into a wall.
the kit i want will be like 2k all together...

but the kit i have now is cheap as fuck 200 for sides and rear and 50 for my bumper...

this is what i'll be vinyl wrapping... when i get a good job ill get a Uras GT S13/14 kit and the rocket bunny flares... thats a good 1200 before shipping and taxes... I might get a kouki wing, or a wangan wing if i can find one... but still the aero i have is cheap so thats why i'm ok with vinyl wrapping it at maybe 200 bucks at most... vs spending 1k on a paint job or looking super shitty with a rattle can... though i might paint it like my old s14 rattle can gun metal metalic and just wet sand buff and clear.. but still thats more than 200 bucks and prolly alot more labor
Old 12-25-2008, 11:47 PM   #39
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Sooo once you get the good aero you're going to paint it?
Old 12-25-2008, 11:49 PM   #40
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
irax i think you might catch alot of law enforcement attention with the vinyl wrap on your daily driver dude.. esp in socal man.. you up to that?
i'm sure ill catch attention but I don't drive like an ass. the vq will be ref'd and bar'd and be legal. the exhaust might be loud but ill run quality silencers on the street so it shouldn't be too loud
Old 12-25-2008, 11:50 PM   #41
irax
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
Sooo once you get the good aero you're going to paint it?
yes definatly... so if you wanna hook me up with a good job so i can just skip this step this is pretty much how its going to happen.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:52 PM   #42
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
I don't care if it's just temporary so your car doesn't look all hodge podged.

I just don't like it when "finished" cars with quality aero are vinyl'd. Well, really it doesn't matter to me but this is a place for opinions so whatever.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:55 PM   #43
irax
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
I don't care if it's just temporary so your car doesn't look all hodge podged.

I just don't like it when "finished" cars with quality aero are vinyl'd.
yeah what i have isn't quality aero by far, and isn't anywhere near finished. so when i get the quality aero i want, it will be painted without a doubt.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:00 AM   #44
irax
Post Whore!

Quote:
^fUCK YOU eDDIE!!!!!

tommy roberts is gold flake paint
mattycakes is green flake with purple hood painted

tommy painted his shit, mattycakes had his our friends at secret shop parts max do their deal cuz their all in westslide connection. they spent decent change on paint. I want to spend what they spent on paint to get suspension and cleaned up presentable looking, low with wheels and good arms and everything.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:54 AM   #45
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
and we did sparkle paint years ago.
so what.

Vinyl is a pretty cheap/ghetto way of doing a car... in my opinion.
I have a job. No need to cheap out and do it in vinyl.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:09 AM   #46
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
C'mon BH, you saw how fast my car went from clean to fucking road warrior.
i got a job too, but still,....

i still need to turbo the KA,
cage,
seat,
coil overs'
rims'
suspension'
daily Driver
move to a house with a garage
pay another 3000 i owe in tickets
another 5000 in union dues
3000 to the x girlfriend
20000 school loan
3000 to mom and sister
and regular bills.

i gotta go cost effective on the vinyl
I think people would rather i have vinyl than my ugly grey and blue thing i got going right now

So paint vs vinyl
welded vs 2way
blah blah blah,
'who has a link to a good vinyl DIT thread?
Old 12-26-2008, 02:13 AM   #47
irax
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
and we did sparkle paint years ago.
so what.

Vinyl is a pretty cheap/ghetto way of doing a car... in my opinion.
I have a job. No need to cheap out and do it in vinyl.
yeah you have a job...

me... i make 9.77...

so untill i make more money, i'm fine with this.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:12 AM   #48
revat619
Retired General

revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
ib, vinyl is lame. just buy a bunch of spray paint and clear coat and do it that way. yeah its more work, but it looks waaaaay better. Cost is about the same. FYI, all the JDM aero on my black car was rattle canned. Most people couldnt tell unless i pointed it out. Just gotta take your time man.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 12-26-2008, 03:18 AM   #49
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
yeah you have a job...

me... i make 9.77...

so untill i make more money, i'm fine with this.
wtf you doing buying all that aero,

since there is no way your prob gonna change your mind on s14 with flip up lights, have you tried just putting a oem lip on it?

i think with wide body, a kouki lip, front wide ventLESS front fenders and good fitment, it may look.......whats the wording..............i dunno, alot better than what your are planning.

spend that money on that above and paint, instead of that monstrosity that you plan on doing.

or not

have fun

shimmy shimmy ya.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:41 AM   #50
rps13drift
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
rps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
MMMM! vinyl! i like the way my car came out by taking my time and ding it body panel by body panel. It only cost me a total of $85 to do my car. I will probably paint this summer but i wanted to spend the big bucks on the things that made my car handle and go fast first.
DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS!
Old 12-26-2008, 11:17 AM   #51
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rps13drift View Post
MMMM! vinyl! i like the way my car came out by taking my time and ding it body panel by body panel. It only cost me a total of $85 to do my car. I will probably paint this summer but i wanted to spend the big bucks on the things that made my car handle and go fast first.
DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS!
Digging it.
Being able to do it body panel by panel is another big reason for me.
I dont have the money to repaint everytime I screw up at the track.
And I cant afford 2 sets of aero to have em both painted at once.

50mm rears??
offset and size??
Old 12-26-2008, 11:41 AM   #52
lflkajfj12123

lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Quote:
daily Driver
move to a house with a garage
pay another 3000 i owe in tickets
another 5000 in union dues
3000 to the x girlfriend
20000 school loan
3000 to mom and sister
and regular bills.
and you picked cars / drifting for a hobby?

maybe you should sell all your shit and pay the people you owe

then blow your money into a pos fr car
Old 12-26-2008, 11:55 AM   #53
ByeByeSti
Banned from the Marketplace

ByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant future
im not even sure where to start on this one... you have a s14 with pop ups.. which doesnt work right at all. you want rocket bunny flares which are extremely expensive. a rear cf dif and uras gt kits... you couldnt possibly waste more money if you wanted to i dont think. personally take the money turbo your car.. or get a turbo'd motor for it. do the suspension work on it and paint it. get some rims and theres all the money you woul dhave spent for all those kits and parts just to make the car loook ehhhh ya ill leave it at that and be nice. but seriously wtf
Old 12-26-2008, 12:46 PM   #54
rps13drift
Zilvia FREAK!

rps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfection
Quote:
50mm rears??
offset and size??
Thanks dude! yeah 50mm rears with MB battle 17x9.5 +15 on all 4 corners as my track wheels. The rears were spaced 40mm to look flush! lol!
I normaly rock 18x10 +9 fr 18x12 +9 rr veilside andrew dish but i try not to track with them for i dont want to break them.

More vinyl hotness for ya ass

Old 12-26-2008, 12:55 PM   #55
lflkajfj12123

the difference between most of you sappy fucks and charlie is that he wrapped his car in vinyl just to be different

all of you are just fucking broke and need some cheap alternative to doing a real paint job

you think you're cool but we're all just laughing
Old 12-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #56
TUnity2
Zilvia Junkie

TUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of lightTUnity2 is a glorious beacon of light
lol it only cost me like $140 to vinyl my whole car 2 tone

Old 12-26-2008, 01:14 PM   #57
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I think most people without the help of an expert on applying this, will make it look real shitty and get laughed at.(pointing "look at the Earl, look at that")

Save money and paint it, even if it's a one stage...good gawd.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:32 PM   #58
irax
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
ib, vinyl is lame. just buy a bunch of spray paint and clear coat and do it that way. yeah its more work, but it looks waaaaay better. Cost is about the same. FYI, all the JDM aero on my black car was rattle canned. Most people couldnt tell unless i pointed it out. Just gotta take your time man.
my car is aspin white pearl.. and the aero i have on is rattle canned and i did a really fucking good job, but it's not pearl and you can tell. when i rattled my last car i spent like 80 bucks. I'm looking at this vinyl and its about the same with better results. If i rattle can my car again, I'm going to do like 3-4 coats and wet sand it, and then clear it... thats going to cost me way more than vinyl wrap... ehh but who knows how i'll feel when my car runs i might just change my mind, I'm not dead set on wrapping the car, I'm just toying with the idea I am fond of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeSti View Post
im not even sure where to start on this one... you have a s14 with pop ups.. which doesnt work right at all. you want rocket bunny flares which are extremely expensive. a rear cf dif and uras gt kits... you couldnt possibly waste more money if you wanted to i dont think. personally take the money turbo your car.. or get a turbo'd motor for it. do the suspension work on it and paint it. get some rims and theres all the money you woul dhave spent for all those kits and parts just to make the car loook ehhhh ya ill leave it at that and be nice. but seriously wtf
I guess I didn't make it clear, I am doing a vq35de swap into my s14.3 and its going to be running very soon. I had a rattle can s14 before and it was all right, i've been looking at these glittery vinyl wrapped s13's and I figured it coudn't be more expensive than rattle can and I like the way it looks more than a rattle can. The rocket bunny flares are kind of expensive, they are only like $600 if you order them in japan, and maybe another 200 for shipping, WAY FUCKING CHEAPER than the deal the guy wanted in the adverts he wanted like 1200 + shipping to you fuck that. And i wont buy the kit untill my suspension work is all done. But I will need to buy wheels when I do get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by drftwerks View Post
have fun

shimmy shimmy ya.
yeah ill have fun thanks!
Old 12-26-2008, 01:48 PM   #59
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUnity2 View Post
lol it only cost me like $140 to vinyl my whole car 2 tone

And it also looks like a gaping silver asshole.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:53 PM   #60
rps13drift
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
the difference between most of you sappy fucks and charlie is that he wrapped his car in vinyl just to be different

all of you are just fucking broke and need some cheap alternative to doing a real paint job

you think you're cool but we're all just laughing
Laugh away bro! My car is a dedicated track car and I lose/break body panels all the time. I could give a fuck less what you/every one thinks. They arent the ones repairing or repainting my car for me. I am.
I am not broke also! I just cant justify repainting my car every season to just to ruin it again. I have better things to blow my wad on(house/daily driver/etc..).
PEOPLE do what you want and what makes you happy! its YOUR car!

ps. go suck off chmercer already! God! I see you have an e-crush on him because he was the first person to use vinyl on a racecar in world history. Nascar or any other organized racing doesnt do this! just him.
Closed Thread