Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-29-2015, 11:02 PM   #121
Beas
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Beas is making a name for him/her selfBeas is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
moment of truth time...

LSx swap is NOT that popular.

yeah u may see a lot featured in mags or online somewhere, but in real life they are rare.

let me explain. I have a 6.0 swap in my kouki. I live in vegas. I go to the occasional meet, and usually talk to a few of the 240 guys. I come across mostly SR and stock KA 240s. never once come across a LSx 240 around town.

then there is track events. the last 2 drift events I was the only LSx 240 at the events. In my year of living in vegas ive come across a lot of 240s, and have yet to see 1 with an LSx swap. I've seen several vh45 swaps including a rear mounted turbo setup. ive seen 1uz swaps and even a 4g63 Mitsubishi swap. plenty of SR and RB swaps. Never an LSx swap.

maybe in your town you know a few guys with an LSx swap, but I bet u come across 10 times that many with SR or KA.
Beas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2015, 11:04 PM   #122
Cheesy Doriftos
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Cheesy Doriftos is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
come to texas. LS swaps are errewhere.

in texas you can buy LSx's 2 for 1 at wal-mart on black friday.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:11 PM   #123
Beas
Zilvia Member

Beas is making a name for him/her selfBeas is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinSixOh9 View Post
I mean, just on ebay you can find a stock 5.3 for as low as $400, mount kit with Z32 trans adapter w/ flywheel and driveshaft for $2400, z32 trans $300-400(?), appropriate clutch $350ish. Sure you need to wire it up and get all of the f-body accessories and what not, but I think it's pretty damn cost effective.

it costs a lot to do a complete LSX swap. 10k plus. if u want a high mileage 5.3 and can fab custom mounts and wire it yourself for free u maybe can get it down to around 7-8k.
Beas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 11:11 PM   #124
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Hoonigan does not equal affordable proven performance.....it's way more than that. Having fully built 2 SR setups then having set up a monster 2J setup.....I can say sometimes makes sense to go V8. How many of you have built a reliable 700+rwhp RB, 2J, Ka, SR setup? What was your total cost? It took me a long time to agree but a simplified motor with junkyard and off the shelf locally accessible parts makes sense depending on your goal. It's not for everyone I agree. The only valid point i can see here is an enthusiast sticking with Nissan only....that I can see. I can respect a well built setup no matter what it is.

To call an LS build lazy is absolutely stupid. Are you gonna tell me the big displacement setups aren't something respectable...lol sure you wouldn't want a Hennessy built car or Underground Racing Lambo right? Can I respect a lesser displacement setup hanging or beating something more expensive with less displacement....fuck yeah. We are on a thread for enthusiast with cheap chassis. Get into more expensive scenes and each part alone costs what our chassis do. You guys need to stop acting as if a 240sx is more than that....this coming from a true aficionado of the 240sx. I too Love seeing the unexpected. Such as an SR setup walking a Viper etc. But to not give respect where it's due is flat out moronic.

Take a stock 4.8 with relatively cheap upgrades and you have a stock monster kicking ass with a stock motor worth less than $700. Build an RB or Sr with the same budget and it will be a rude awakening. Yes the LS1, LS2, of LS3 swaps aren't cheap but there are many ways to skin a cat. You guys need to realistic ..it's not cheap no matter what way you choose. But if I had X budget to achieve Y goal....sometimes there is one route that makes sense.

Last edited by 2muchboost; 10-30-2015 at 07:14 AM..
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:12 AM   #125
DustinSixOh9
Zilvia Junkie

DustinSixOh9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatduece View Post
I think this whole v8 swap ties in perfectly with all the hoonigay bros. You guys are to lazy to build a sr/rb/jz So you want the easy way out and swap some homo v8. Lame. Just take your hick ass out of here. Get your self a domestic car and have fun with your v8, but dont come in here and spread your anal thoughts.
You are in the top tier of worst people on this website
DustinSixOh9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:50 AM   #126
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
This thread needs to be locked. It's going no where.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:06 AM   #127
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
V-shaped motors seem unpleasant to work around/underneath in the engine bay for lazy car enthusiasts who hate working on cars, such as myself. They are cool and the easy power is neat, but I will leave them to the people who enjoy working on cars and do not mind unbolting two exhaust manifolds from underneath, having two heads, dealing with crossover downpipes, and all that stuff.

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:16 AM   #128
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Where is Obee when we need him....that damn SKYLINE of his would win above all.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:26 AM   #129
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
The way I would do this is, removable tube front on an S10/240sx, couple of spare 5.3s, and a turbocharger or two, some methanol/water, 4L60e or 700R4
This is the real way to do it. My friends built a sloppy sunbird that ran high 9's i think it was it was a junk yard 5.3, meth, e85, no intercooler, tons of boost.
Another local guy making like 700 on a similar deal.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:43 AM   #130
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
This is the real way to do it. My friends built a sloppy sunbird that ran high 9's i think it was it was a junk yard 5.3, meth, e85, no intercooler, tons of boost.
And if you are smart about placement and fabrication, especially with that removable front end, you wont have too much bs to deal with as was mentioned (I too dislike having two side of exhaust manifolds/heads/plugs and having to go under the vehicle for these items...) and engine swaps can be done quickly. I am all about having an engine out, and a new engine in, within a day. Thus the sr20 has suited my purposes for ten years now; however, these days, you need a bit more than 350rwhp to keep up with the crowd. And asking one, even a built one, for 500+ is like asking a rock for blood. You can hit it all you want with your fist; the blood you see is your own.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:59 AM   #131
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Why did lsx swaps become so popular?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
V-shaped motors seem unpleasant to work around/underneath in the engine bay for lazy car enthusiasts who hate working on cars, such as myself. They are cool and the easy power is neat, but I will leave them to the people who enjoy working on cars and do not mind unbolting two exhaust manifolds from underneath, having two heads, dealing with crossover downpipes, and all that stuff.

Honestly, when is the last time you had to regularly unbolt exhaust manifolds or pull heads?

The LS, being pushrod is infinitely easier to pull the head on when compared to a timing chain driving DOHC like the SR. You can have both heads on and off quicker than the one head on any of these Japanese engine.

Also look at all the integrated gaskets and grommets. The engine is marvel of stream lined engineering and mechanical simplicity.

It really is like building with Legos.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 08:47 AM   #132
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinSixOh9 View Post
You are in the top tier of worst people on this website
GOOD.

Quote:
muchboost;5967108].....I can say sometimes makes sense to go V8. How many of you have built a reliable 700+rwhp RB, 2J, Ka, SR setup? What was your total cost?
You keep talking about cost. It literally does not matter. If youre that worried about the money you spend then maybe you should stop completely. Either route we take, we still throw money in the toilet.

Quote:
To call an LS build lazy is absolutely stupid. Are you gonna tell me the big displacement setups aren't something respectable...lol
That's exactly what I'm telling you. There is nothing special about the power a big displacement motor can make. It's very easy.

Quote:
sure you wouldn't want a Hennessy built car or Underground Racing Lambo right?
Believe it or not, but not all of us beat our meat at exotic cars. If you gave me either one of those, I'd sell it and buy a r34 with a bond release.

Quote:
if I had X budget to achieve Y goal....sometimes there is one route that makes sense.
That's cool and all, but if you're gonna do that, then get a domestic car to begin with. Stop being a lazy hoonihomo who keeps looking for the easy way out.
fatduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 09:15 AM   #133
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

You keep talking about cost. It literally does not matter. If youre that worried about the money you spend then maybe you should stop completely. Either route we take, we still throw money in the toilet.
Money does matter no matter what anyone says. The biggest difference is that when you crack a piston, spin a bearing or bust a rod in that priceless SR23VET stroker build you are up shits creek. When your 6.2 block explodes, you drop a grand and your running the next weekend.

Quote:
That's exactly what I'm telling you. There is nothing special about the power a big displacement motor can make. It's very easy.
There is nothing special about swiping credit cards and making power on big turbo 4s and 6s.... Seriously, it's 2015, not 1987. We've all seen +1k HP 4Gs, 2Js and K-series. R35 owners aren't even cool if they can't break 4 digits.

Quote:
Believe it or not, but not all of us beat our meat at exotic cars. If you gave me either one of those, I'd sell it and buy a r34 with a bond release..
Yes, cause a Grey-Market R34 isn't exotic. I see them all the time at the grocery store. Just a run of the mill import.

Nissan Built 11,000 R34 GTRs.

Lamborghini built 13,500 Gallardos.

Dodge has built 30,000 Vipers since 1992.

Porsche sells 12,000 911s every year in the United States alone.

But don't let reality stop you, please tell me how you prefer the common mans every day GTR to the likes of such exotic and rare super cars.

Quote:
That's cool and all, but if you're gonna do that, then get a domestic car to begin with. Stop being a lazy hoonihomo who keeps looking for the easy way out.

Stop being an insecure twat throwing out the term homo every chance you get. Are you in 4th grade? Is this 1994?

Generally speaking, and most will agree, GM makes underwhelming cars. They make fantastic engines, but many of the cars they come in suck. (Should sound familiar, Honda, Toyota).

The LS is honestly one of the 5 greatest engines ever built. To argue against that is asinine. Makes perfect sense that someone would want to slap an amazing engine into a car they enjoy.

As for your calls of "enthusiasm" and "purity". Not everyone sees their car as a fashion statement. Also, are you outraged by 2jz swaps as well? Who the fuck puts a RB in a 240! That's a skyline engine! It should stay in skylines!
Old 10-30-2015, 09:39 AM   #134
NISR20MO
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (29)
NISR20MO is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
First off, fatdeuce, suck shit pansie

Second off, Corbic, your contributions in here totally redeem all your mustang pic posts

My super long post is late to the party but here we go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
^Posts pic of most unreachable exhaust manifold hardware in existence.

Keep in mind pulling the heads involves none of the timing gear. And just a little FYI, both of the LS heads will come off faster than any other motor you could be talking about with one cylinder head and you don't have to lean as far, and they are probably lighter. However, I will agree with the headers taking up tons of space and being difficult to work around. So I would suggest you do this instead, and then you can pull anything but the starter off from up top no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
Chup.

Super easy to work on and around, not much in the way of accessibility there. It didn't come without some complications to work out, but the benefits that will follow are well worth it. Fuel now comes up the drivers side, brake lines will be along the front crossmember for passenger front and the rear will run back down the drivers side. No hot feet for me, no hot fuel, and no boiled brake fluid and heated lines. I made my clutch bleed line long enough to just plop it in the CMC reservoir with it open and pump away, voila it's practically self bleeding. 3.5" straight through turbo back will run straight back and down on the passenger side, crossover underneath and route out in normal factory fashion.

Granted my engine is not in final running trim, but, I have pulled and reinstalled the drivetrain multiple times in about 30 minutes each way, by myself. The trick is to lift the car off the subframe and crossmember that are unbolted and sitting on a cart so you can roll everything out from the bottom. It's not rocket science, all the gripes people have are mostly BS.

Last edited by NISR20MO; 10-30-2015 at 01:36 PM..
NISR20MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 10:10 AM   #135
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
I think this whole v8 swap ties in perfectly with all the hoonigay bros. You guys are to lazy to build a sr/rb/jz So you want the easy way out and swap some homo v8. Lame. Just take your hick ass out of here. Get your self a domestic car and have fun with your v8, but dont come in here and spread your anal thoughts.

Do you have ANY idea how stupid, biased and ignorant you really sound?
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 10:26 AM   #136
10psitx
Zilvia Member

10psitx is an unknown quantity at this point
Reading the thread one comes away with a few good points for both positive and negative on V8 vs Import....but the reality of the matter is this, it all comes down to how much you want to spend UP FRONT.

All this talk about if the V8 pops you go to the junk yard and get a block for $400 is not important....Up front cost is high to get a LSV8 in to a S or R chassis. If you have the means you can bring it down but that's not the rule... it the exception...

Take this for instance...i have alot of vehicles including a bunch or SR powered 240's, a skyline, A Mark 2 and a Trail blazer SS, the SS recently developed a knock and i've been looking for one of These elusive cheap $400 LS2 engines...guess what...can't seem to find any under $4000. I live close to 2 junk yards and its quite hard to get an iron block LS, lq, anything.....Cheap and available...not for me...maybe i didn't search hard enough but i don't want to rebuild (quoted for rebuild in the $4k+ range with just a mild cam and springs)... i rather just install and drive in the SS.

The SR/ RB/JZ on the other hand i can find in droves, and i can also get parts just as easy.

I have nothing against the LS, i own one, i have nothing against the LS in a S chassis either...i'd love to build one but it's cost prohibitive for me...This post has nothing to do with the actual question this thread was started for but it became a LS VS Japanese engine and how affordable it was to install the LS in anything....that i call bullshit on. In its most junkyard from, with no labor cost and friends helping out is no cheaper that a typical SR swap done in the same manner...i think it may be more expensive actually...my 2 cents.
10psitx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 10:39 AM   #137
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
I like air conditioning how many v8 swaps are you going to see with AC
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 11:15 AM   #138
TurboTiger
Leaky Injector

TurboTiger is an unknown quantity at this point
What I've never understood is why some people look down on the LS swap.
TurboTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 11:51 AM   #139
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

@10psi....I agree that the LS1, LS2, LS3 etc are not cheap. But my post above was to prove that unless you are hell bent on an LS (there are reasons for it) you can setup a very capable 4.8, 5.3, 6.0, or 6.2 for a reasonable cost. A member here was selling an L92 ready to go with everything needed motor wise for $1800. I live in ATX I can show you were you can find cheap non-LS derivatives of the LS for cheap. Hell I have an 05 5.3 LM7 (stronger upgrades from GM) for $650. Add an LS intake, some accessories, an oil pan and for under $1600 you have a motor that will sneeze at 700rwhp in stock form. The initial cost for an LSx swap is likely more expensive than an import but not by much if you shop around.

This is thread is rather entertaining how some of you go back and forth on things. There is a reason 200k+ Chevy motors from the junkyard are able to take a beating and keep ticking.

Lol @ if you are worried about money stop building. My friend you are hilarious. Money is an object to everyone unless you are a Saudi Prince or the founders of Google etc. I would and will continue to build S chassis cause I love them not cause it's a smart investment. I have owned and had a chance to own much higher value cars but a piece of me loves the S chassis but I am realistic about what it is.

Lol @ lazy way out. I don't get into dick measuring contests cause it's stupid but look at my 2J build from before....my damn ProEfi was worth more than my damn chassis. To build a setup of high power there is nothing lazy. I am comparing simplicity of setups here. To build a turbo LS and a turbo 2j it takes similar work so I am not sure how laziness fits in. I would rather have my $100 LS ECU do the work...granted nowhere near a amazing as my ProEfi but then again it's not a $2500+ unit out of the box plus tuning so I wouldn't expect my LS ECU to be as robust.

Are you trying to say that building an OEM block 2J and building an OEM LS is lazy cause you don't have to replaces Pistons, rods, etc? Is it cool to have to replace almost everything inside of the motor to make 600rwhp and hope it stays together? Again the machine work in my old SR alone was $2500 and the was a hook up. A stock $400 4.8 can do that without much more than springs, cam, headgaskets.....not lazy for me it makes sense to spend the money elsewhere. And if it does pop I find another LS derivative locally and continue.

Btw...swapping in AC on my LS this winter if I keep her. I will be "lazy" and buy the Sikky kit and have a fun, reliable, AC car.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:55 AM   #140
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
What I've never understood is why some people look down on the LS swap.
Because some people want others to be miserable. Since they can't easily get parts at any junkyard or NAPA store (that's open on Sundays), they want you to also have to overnight parts from Japan. It's the whole misery loves company complex.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:57 AM   #141
Corbic
Post Whore!

Why did lsx swaps become so popular?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10psitx View Post
Reading the thread one comes away with a few good points for both positive and negative on V8 vs Import....but the reality of the matter is this, it all comes down to how much you want to spend UP FRONT. .
But you are making a huge mistake. You are comparing a stock 215hp SR pull-out to a installed +500hp LS engine.

To properly install an LS and do the basic bitch GT28 you really are looking at $5-6k. This means $2k more gets you more power, a stronger engine and transmission and gobs of torque.

Engines blow up all the time. Building an Import is no guarantee that it won't blow up and all that money is gone.

[QUOTE=10psitx;5967290]All this talk about if the V8 pops you go to the junk yard and get a block for $400 is not important....Up front cost is high to get a LSV8 in to a S or R chassis. If you have the means you can bring it down but that's not the rule... it the exception.../QUOTE]

See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10psitx View Post
Take this for instance...i have alot of vehicles including a bunch or SR powered 240's, a skyline, A Mark 2 and a Trail blazer SS, the SS recently developed a knock and i've been looking for one of These elusive cheap $400 LS2 engines...guess what...can't seem to find any under $4000.
Be realistic. The mythological $300 engine is the 5.3 that has come in every Silverado, Tahoe, etc. built since 1999. Chevy sells 300k Silverados a year.

The iron block 6.0 is the next common engine. You pay a premium for the performance car based aluminum blocks.

You shouldn't fear the iron block since it won't weight anymore than a RB25 (iron block) or a JZ motor (iron block).

In the end the ~70-100lbs on the street is immaterial in a 600whp car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10psitx;5967290I
live close to 2 junk yards and its quite hard to get an iron block LS, lq, anything.....Cheap and available...not for me...maybe i didn't search hard enough but i don't want to rebuild (quoted for rebuild in the $4k+ range with just a mild cam and springs)... i rather just install and drive in the SS.

Yeah... No.

Call LKQ and order a L92 or something for $1,500. Basic bitch DIY rebuild would be less then $500 on your engine. You could swap to the better L92 and sell your heads and block to make your money back as well.

Honestly if you can't rebuild an LS you shouldn't be commenting on people's builds any ways.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:06 PM   #142
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
I like air conditioning how many v8 swaps are you going to see with AC

Same number as SR, 2J and RB?
Old 10-30-2015, 12:18 PM   #143
DustinSixOh9
Zilvia Junkie

DustinSixOh9 is an unknown quantity at this point
The cost of a s15bb turbo, tomei 550-740 injectors, and lets say a PFC tune to make ~280-310whp on an SR is enough to buy the full swap kit with trans adapter and driveshaft. $300 z32 trans and maybe $2000 on your motor, accessories and wiring gives you the same power out of a 5.3 with a lot more room for power with basic bolt ons. I might have just talked myself into doing this.
DustinSixOh9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:45 PM   #144
NISR20MO
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (29)
NISR20MO is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
The reasons an LS swap are so popular are pretty abundant but it pretty much goes like this.

Iron block motors start off as cheap entry fee into reliable big power. If you type in car-part.com you can find a shit ton of available LS variants in your region that you can pick up or have shipped to you with or without warranties from a huge pool of junkyards nationwide. There is more availability and search breadth on this one site than any importer could ever offer you stateside. They can be had complete starting for as little as $300 from an individual on craigslist. And, yes you can spend more off the bat to get more. That is NOT really an option with an imported JDM engine, where you pretty much get what you get without many variations.

LS1tech.com has, at any point in time, pretty much every single part you could ever want for sale secondhand. With how modular everything is you can upgrade component by component and take your new parts with you when you move up.

The GM dealership down the road from you can, believe it or not, get you fucking parts for your car. WOW, what a concept.

Just to mention it since it has come up before. Gone are the days of cheap (sub 1k) L33's, the only consistently affordable aluminum block option. If you get lucky one may pop up for sale but don't hold your breath. T56's aren't cheap either. And you guessed it, you will have to make it all fit, which may not be the simplest/cheapest thing to do especially with huge headers.

Last edited by NISR20MO; 10-30-2015 at 01:37 PM..
NISR20MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:43 PM   #145
Corbic
Post Whore!

Another thing to remember is a lot of guys already did the SR/RB swap and got fed up with the hassle, long spool and costs.

Put me in that category.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:45 PM   #146
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
^Lol. You're fed up? Oh, thats cool. Then why dont you take your hillbilly, slack jaw to some v8 forum where you could all stroke each other about your swap? Why do you have to spread your anal paste throughout this forum? Point simply, KICK ROCKS.
fatduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:52 PM   #147
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
^Lol. You're fed up? Oh, thats cool. Then why dont you take your hillbilly, slack jaw to some v8 forum where you could all stroke each other about your swap? Why do you have to spread your anal paste throughout this forum? Point simply, KICK ROCKS.

Sounds like you have some serious anger issues stemming from inner sexual confusion....

Old 10-30-2015, 02:54 PM   #148
sean710
Leaky Injector

sean710 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^

lmao I was going to suggest the same thing.

Last edited by sean710; 10-30-2015 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: i cant quote very well ill say it
sean710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:34 PM   #149
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Same number as SR, 2J and RB?
I had an SR with AC... but you could be right I guess.

I assume its easier to make it fit without custom headers you'd need for an LS job.

but who cares this thread is silly
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:51 PM   #150
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

No custom headers custom lines and fittings....off the shelf from Sikky.

Yes I agree.