Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Western States

North Western States Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:12 AM   #1
djtrickz
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
djtrickz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to djtrickz
Questions before possible move to Washington State

Hi. I am thinking of moving to Washington State and I was wondering what the rules were and prior experience were of some people on multiple speeding tickets. I have checked the court's website and it doesn't look as bad as California's, but I just want to hear some people's stories. Any court esperiences bad or good, police interactions, insurance increases, just anything that has to do with speeding and penalties.

Thanks for everyone's input.

If this discussion is not allowed please close immediately.

Disclaimer: I am in no way saying that I will do anything illegal or am endorsing illegal activity. maybe I'm writing a book?
Old 09-13-2008, 01:48 PM   #2
DarkPhoenix
Zilvia Member

DarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to DarkPhoenix Send a message via AIM to DarkPhoenix
From everything I see, it is on par with everywhere else. If you have speeding tickets, it may not affect you much on the PD standpoint, but your insurance will be higher. I am planning on moving out there as well. I am here in Seattle now taking the Police Test.

Good luck.

Lotsa people with sandy holes on the interwebs!!

DarkPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:30 AM   #3
djtrickz
Zilvia Member

I was looking at the speeding ticket prices and they look very decent. Just maybe half or more of what I pay here in California. I was wondering though if they have a thing like here where if you get 4 tickets in a year, your license gets suspended. Anyone?

Also how are the cops in general? I know everyone is different, but on average, how do they treat people? Pretty fair? or Reckless Driving automatically for high speeds even if there are no other cars around?
Old 09-14-2008, 12:32 AM   #4
djtrickz
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
From everything I see, it is on par with everywhere else. If you have speeding tickets, it may not affect you much on the PD standpoint, but your insurance will be higher. I am planning on moving out there as well. I am here in Seattle now taking the Police Test.

Good luck.
What made you move to Seattle if you don't mind me asking?
Old 09-14-2008, 12:48 AM   #5
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
Kitsap county doesn't have smog.

At least not when I was there 4 years ago.

Have fun in the depressing weather that is WA state.

Seriously.

Especially with winter coming up.

Good fucking luck.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:00 PM   #6
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndoc View Post
Kitsap county doesn't have smog.

At least not when I was there 4 years ago.

Have fun in the depressing weather that is WA state.

Seriously.

Especially with winter coming up.

Good fucking luck.
Kitsap still doesnt have smog.
very depressing state, but our nice nights and days make up for all the bad ones, well, almost.
SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:42 PM   #7
jrbump
Zilvia Addict

jrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond reputejrbump has a reputation beyond repute
The real problem with WA state is the new aftermarket exhaust system law.

I don't know the details but IIRC pretty much anyone with an aftermarket exhaust is at the mercy of the traffic officers discretion.

Not a good place to be.
jrbump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:46 PM   #8
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Location: Formerly Elk Grove/the916/95758/NorCal - Now teh 970
Trader Rating: (19)
cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbump View Post
The real problem with WA state is the new aftermarket exhaust system law.

I don't know the details but IIRC pretty much anyone with an aftermarket exhaust is at the mercy of the traffic officers discretion.

Not a good place to be.
when did that go into effect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s141996 View Post
is this exhaust california friendly? thnx lmk
cc4usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 02:23 AM   #9
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
jrbump is right. its opened a big door for officers to do what they please with you unless youre ok spending a night in jail or getting bail immediately and hiring an attorney, which is what id do if i had the money. not sure when it went into effect, maybr jr knows, but...there is talk of certain parties trying to reverse it. im definitely not stickin around in this state for much longer.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:45 PM   #10
Jesses240
Leaky Injector

Jesses240 is making a name for him/her selfJesses240 is making a name for him/her selfJesses240 is making a name for him/her self
oregon is WAY better... move here
Old 10-01-2008, 10:58 PM   #11
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesses240 View Post
oregon is WAY better... move here
agreed. im contemplating moving to oregon, chicago, or back to florida. itd be nice to be in Oregon. a good tuner like Chris and good shops like Position 1 are hard to find in a new land.