Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-03-2004, 04:18 PM   #1
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
$400 project stall. 40,000 cents away...

So close yet so far, 40,000 pennies away. 300$ for the intercooler piping and a bill for another Fuel pump, since my dumb ass sold the previously installed one to afford something for a sr some time ago. So you guys are going to help my donation fund . Jk. that other car in the background is a rb20 car I just finished, so its going on ebay in the next couple of days. So as long as it sells for 400$ I will be good to go. Well here are some pics, nothing very presentable, but hey, what the darn. Here are some pics, talk amunks your selves, I'm getting fore clamped.

TheSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2004, 04:21 PM   #2
brianglawson
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
brianglawson is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to brianglawson Send a message via AIM to brianglawson Send a message via Yahoo to brianglawson
remove the .org
Old 10-03-2004, 04:27 PM   #3
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
They shrunk, is there a way to make them back to their size of 1000x750?
Old 10-03-2004, 04:42 PM   #4
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
will this one be sold too?
Old 10-03-2004, 04:45 PM   #5
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

No, this one is a keeper.
Old 10-03-2004, 04:55 PM   #6
TokyoNights
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
TokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TokyoNights
Damn those rear tires are no joke, 275s? Also is it a real silvia or you did the rhd conversion? Lookin good mang.
TokyoNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 04:56 PM   #7
JDMark
Zilvia Junkie

JDMark is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to JDMark
hey ill take the RB20 car for 400. eh?
Old 10-03-2004, 04:59 PM   #8
aa87
Zilvia FREAK!

aa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to aa87
GEE WOWSERS!!! I want that for my car!!! Let me know on the install, i might have to consider this rather than an SR
aa87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 05:00 PM   #9
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikespeed
Damn those rear tires are no joke, 275s? Also is it a real silvia or you did the rhd conversion? Lookin good mang.

Your right on the size. 275 in the back. I got some 265's for the front but they bearly fit, a bit of the rubber was touching the shock. O I down sized to 245's in the front. It is not a real sivia, I converted it to rhd to eliminate the whole turbo 'n' down pipe clearence issues. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2004, 05:00 PM   #10
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMark
hey ill take the RB20 car for 400. eh?

Actually, I might consider it.
Old 10-03-2004, 05:15 PM   #11
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
EFFFING MEATY!

dude... i got a mean hard on for that rim/tire setup.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 05:25 PM   #12
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakotoS13
EFFFING MEATY!

dude... i got a mean hard on for that rim/tire setup.

Thanks man, I got the rims (Manaray) and I admit they need some good cleaning, but I want to get the sucker on the road before I jump on the cosmetics a bit. Nothing show car like, but stuff like an aluminium dash, cage, and a good cleaning. I just put the intercooler in front of the car, to get an idea on the fitment. I took some pics, so let me load them up.
Old 10-03-2004, 05:38 PM   #13
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

Here are some pics, It would be easyer to picture it in place if the lights and grill were in place, but I still have to do two more coats of flat black, before then. Oh well, here is an intercooler infront of a car.

Old 10-03-2004, 07:18 PM   #14
silviasichigo
Zilvia Addict

silviasichigo is an unknown quantity at this point
Forget the rear tires look at the damn lack of space for the fan I mean I have seen RB26's is S-13's but that one seems unusually tight maybe it is the pic. I am aware of the super thin fans you can buy but jeeze cutting it close.
silviasichigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 07:29 PM   #15
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

That angle from the top is a little deceiving. It has 1.5inch clearance. The motor cannot go back any more, as it sits right now, the back of the manifold is hitting the clutch master. Hope fully it will not break it with engine movement. I got a set of FD fans, that I will place as pusher's between the intercooler and radiator.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:10 PM   #16
silviasichigo
Zilvia Addict

silviasichigo is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I figured that is what it was hahahah yeah I know auto shop wing the cut the core support and move the radiator foward (large 3 core) oh well nothing electric fans won't fix.
silviasichigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 08:44 PM   #17
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
If you look at this shot you can see the space.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:49 PM   #18
WhiteNissanS13
Zilvia Addict

WhiteNissanS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to WhiteNissanS13 Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteNissanS13
t h a t s h o t
Old 10-03-2004, 10:38 PM   #19
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
Your steering wheel is on the wrong side....lol. Looks good. Can you take a pic of the RB20? I've never seen a pic of one before.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:47 PM   #20
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

Cool, it may take me a minute, but here is a link to a rb20 one I built and sold prior to the burgandy rb20 one. If that makes sence.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2483715750
Old 10-03-2004, 11:10 PM   #21
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

Here is there burgandy's rb20 pics. Its a bit dirty, and will also get a good cleaning as the black rb20 I had.

Old 10-03-2004, 11:30 PM   #22
NISMOoPW
Leaky Injector

NISMOoPW is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to NISMOoPW
Heh, yeah, not much clutch fan space is there? In my 180SX clip with my 26, they cut into the rad support to set the rad forward and had a pusher and the clutch fan. Fun stuff. The best part is I can't find a clean fastback to put the damn engine in. It's 12:30 am on a school night and I'm STILL searching for a chassis. Have fun with your coupe, all the work's done on my swap, just have to switch things over, do my re-wiring and I'll be happy, but I can't even get started!!!! God, I hate Wisconsin.

Nice car, sorry if this is a threadjack. Looks like it's time for bed.
NISMOoPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 11:48 PM   #23
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

Im guessing you bought that 180 clip off ebay for 7k, the one with the colorful valve color? I hope when you say " switch things over" you mean convert the car to rhd. That mount-kit that you have is most likly rb20 mounts and crossmeber. Thats all they have to do in japan. Hope your a good welder, and good luck with your swap.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:13 AM   #24
rupertaker1
BANNED

rupertaker1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rupertaker1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSnail
Im guessing you bought that 180 clip off ebay for 7k, the one with the colorful valve color? I hope when you say " switch things over" you mean convert the car to rhd. That mount-kit that you have is most likly rb20 mounts and crossmeber. Thats all they have to do in japan. Hope your a good welder, and good luck with your swap.

I really hope you didn't buy that clip ...
rupertaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 12:24 AM   #25
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupertaker1
I really hope you didn't buy that clip ...

Are talking to me or him? I don’t know if he realizes what he got him self into.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:16 AM   #26
CreAziaN
Zilvia Member

CreAziaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to CreAziaN
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSnail
Actually, I might consider it.
i'll give you 1000!
CreAziaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 09:34 AM   #27
NISMOoPW
Leaky Injector

Yup, that'd be the pile. It's not going to be straight-forward like I said, I think I was just trying to convince myself. Anyways, I'll be taking my time doing this build up, fabricating lots of little things down in AZ with my grandpa who does loads of racing and had lots of solutions for brakes, steering, shiz like that. It will be a pain in the butt, but, if it were easy, it wouldn't be special for me. Now, enough thread jacking, let us know how your coupe is coming along.

P.S. I hope nobody thinks I'm a tool for getting that clip. Nothing's going over before getting checked out, I'll be fine, no worries.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:08 PM   #28
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISMOoPW
Yup, that'd be the pile. It's not going to be straight-forward like I said, I think I was just trying to convince myself. Anyways, I'll be taking my time doing this build up, fabricating lots of little things down in AZ with my grandpa who does loads of racing and had lots of solutions for brakes, steering, shiz like that. It will be a pain in the butt, but, if it were easy, it wouldn't be special for me. Now, enough thread jacking, let us know how your coupe is coming along.

P.S. I hope nobody thinks I'm a tool for getting that clip. Nothing's going over before getting checked out, I'll be fine, no worries.
No one thinks your a tool. That clip was a damn good deal. Correct me if Im wrong, but that thing has around 700hp already, with a pfc, z32 maf's, and a bunch of other stuff. My only concern would be the condition of that motor. But even if you had rod knock, it would still be a good deal. And if you do have rod knock, just order a rbr30 block from GTR-Shop in Aus for 1500$. With the mods you have and a rb30, you would be God. That is my plans when I blow the stock bottom end. Screw building it back up, rb30 would be the best bet. Any ways Im blabbering now.

ps: If you need any help with your swap, Shoot me a email at [email protected]

-Snail
Old 10-04-2004, 01:53 PM   #29
NISMOoPW
Leaky Injector

Bingo. There are loads of bonus items on the clip that you couldn't see in the pictures, or were in the description. The goal is to eventually grow out of the bottom end and go RB30, damn, am I that easy to read? I figure the bottom end is a little worn, it's an ex-drag car with 850 "claimed" horsepower. RB30's actually already budgeted... but, things need to be done in order, so I'll be busy trying not to wreck it this summer, then next winter I'll be rebuilding the car, making things faster, stronger, nicer.

Thanks, I had a shitty day, and this really helps turn it around hearing that knowing minds are thinking the same as me.

NOW, back to your project...
Old 10-04-2004, 01:58 PM   #30
TokyoNights
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
TokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TokyoNights
Snail are you gonna rock it primer? Or paint it,what color?
Nismo do you have the ebay link to that clip you bought? Im courious to see it.
TokyoNights is offline   Reply With Quote