Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-02-2007, 10:36 PM   #1
DDSR240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
DDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs down Say Hello 2 A No Driving Ass White Boy

never understud why people liked 2 drift untill i gott a 240 1990 coupe and tryd it luvd it and got hooked just put my sr20 in a week ago 30*12*3 intercooler and drifting is more fun when u have the nuts 2 do it going fast been practicing in the rain but just terring up neabors yards any advice would help a newbie
DDSR240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2007, 01:19 PM   #2
jeeper_x
Zilvia Addict

jeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymorejeeper_x is not welcome here anymore
Talking

^^^ first, don't drift in ur neighbors' yards.....
jeeper_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:41 AM   #3
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
names jared, ive got a S13 hatch, ive had it for three years now. pretty much your run of the mill red top swap with light mods. saving up for suspension and wheels over the winter..
Old 01-11-2007, 09:45 AM   #4
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
jrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jrmiller84
Mostly a lurker but when I post I usually talk too much Name is James, living in Gainesville, FL. Drive an 89 hatch.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:42 PM   #5
SL Blak Soldier

SL Blak Soldier is an unknown quantity at this point
whats up guys... i'm raj. a couple of my friends have s14's and s13's. just joined so i could view the post. but i've been into 240's for about 6-7 years now, even though i own a bmw 330ci.
SL Blak Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:02 PM   #6
Fairlady280Z

Fairlady280Z is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys new to the site, live in South FL. I drive a 1982 Datsun/Nissan S130 280ZX! Ive had the car since I was 15 and been restoring and working on it since, its in perfect condition with no rust. Its got Tokico Springs/ Shocks, Sportmax 002 15x8 0offset/BFG G force Sports tires,Monza Catback,JDM Fairlady Badges, JDM S130 Fender Mirrors (not yet installed). Planning to swap the N/A motor for a L28ET by the end of this year and if all else sell it for a S13.
Fairlady280Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 05:50 PM   #7
kronotek

kronotek is an unknown quantity at this point
what up

What up everybody this wally from baltimore pushing an s13. Just started building so i'm in search of some parts and swaps for sale so hit me up.
kronotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:31 PM   #8
pretending2bepro

pretending2bepro is making his/her stupidity well-knownpretending2bepro is making his/her stupidity well-knownpretending2bepro is making his/her stupidity well-knownpretending2bepro is making his/her stupidity well-knownpretending2bepro is making his/her stupidity well-known
a little about a noob...

Alright... introduction... so my name is john... i own a 95 stocker coupe... drifting is pretty much the only thing i care about anymore... im 19... or will be very shortly... im a member of a team called Drift Pirates... we currently have a deal with Buttonwillow raceway where we will be running our own series... we are also working with the city of Palmdale in hopes that we can get our hands on some parking lots that we have been drooling over... i personally am still very much a beginner and am not afraid to admit it... i drift and wrench as often as possible.... sad fact of the matter is is i live in Tehachapi, CA... otherwise known as the biggest fucking redneck central known... full of a bunch of ignorant hardheaded nascar junkies... no room for us ricers!!! sorry... not a ricer... i lack the vtec and b18... well thnx... and i thnxs everyone... i will be using zilvia extensively for the better majority of my nissan needs!
pretending2bepro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:26 AM   #9
plinkus

plinkus is an unknown quantity at this point
KA Hi all...

Hi, I'm Plinkus and I am a car newb. I can use the SEARCH function but once again, I am a car newb armed with borrowed tools, a Chilton's manual and a nice looking 95 240SX with things in it that I don't properly understand (WTF is an SAFC II doing in my car with a stock engine? I dunno, can I take it out? I dunno) My car doesn't run properly at the moment (I will find you, you dirty EGR valve!) but I am slowly trying to figure it out and eventually I will probably try and make it go faster but really that is beyond what I care about at the moment.

So once again, I am a car newb and don't rightly understand everything I read so mostly I will probably be poking around for clarification on the how-to's and the where's-that's of the Zenki. Oh...and looking for trunk interior!

Please be gentle mods

Plink
plinkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:50 PM   #10
imperial562

imperial562 can only hope to improve
New Blood

Hey guys New Member Here!

The reason why i joined this place was because.. not long ago a guy offerd to buy my car for.. 11k. Whats my car? a 1993 Mazda rx-7 Touring model. with mild performance mods and LOTS of reliability mods. but lately my car has been pissin me off and giving me problems after problems. i'm getting 7-11mpg and uhh yea, i just cant afford it right now. all of my friends have nissan 240s. So i was woundering.. what can i do with 11k? i wanted to buy a 240 and throw all the rest of the cash into the car, but i dont know the possibilities... should i sell my car? or keep it and build it.
imperial562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:21 PM   #11
magoo_lc1

magoo_lc1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just saying hey

I figured i would joing this sight. I might be looking at a 240 soon and some know me from other sr sites or just from the other 30 im a part of.
magoo_lc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:09 AM   #12
89s13steve
Leaky Injector

89s13steve is making a name for him/her self89s13steve is making a name for him/her self89s13steve is making a name for him/her self
Yo

Hey everyone, new here thought i'd use standard forum ettiquite(sp?) and introduce myself on the intro thread. Im from AZ, currently in Iraq. I have an 89 black S13 hatch that I plan on doing alot of work too. Former Honda owner and never plan to be one again. My car is pretty much stock right now but plan on doing a complete overhaul when i get back and have an all around fast, nice streetable/track capable car. Even though my car is stock i still love it because of what a great factory setup it has. the only minus about it is the lask of turbo but thats getting fixed n e way. If your from around the phoenix area hit me up and even if not hit me up.

-Steve
89s13steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:20 AM   #13
?coupe240¿
Leaky Injector

?coupe240¿ is a jewel in the rough?coupe240¿ is a jewel in the rough?coupe240¿ is a jewel in the rough?coupe240¿ is a jewel in the rough?coupe240¿ is a jewel in the rough?coupe240¿ is a jewel in the rough?coupe240¿ is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to ?coupe240¿ Send a message via MSN to ?coupe240¿
s13 yea

names shane im 19 drive a 92 s13coupe i bought it for 800 bucks from some gangstuuur guy its a;most in perfect condition now. all i had to do was buy new carpet and a dash.

future plans
sr20
5 speed
s13 front end conversion
orgin kit
gram lights
tein coilovers
nismo seats..or s14
lot more things aswell
Old 05-14-2007, 02:50 PM   #14
jacs13

jacs13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownjacs13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownjacs13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownjacs13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownjacs13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
s13

Hey my name is Jackie, I drive a ONEVIA... so far its all stock execpt for my Tanabe exhaust, carbon fiber hood and Epsilon wheels.. thats all i can do right now.. i work at F1Motorsport so that keeps me busy and i live in LA..

jacs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:20 PM   #15
bigboyevo

bigboyevo is an unknown quantity at this point
Wassup people! I'm Danny aka. Big Boy, Big D, Busa and Sumo Chyu

My weapons of choice are:

-93 240SX with KA24DE, HKS coilovers, Dual N-1 exhaust, Triforce zelda rims.

-03 Mitsubishi EVO VIII with 4G63, Apexi EVC coilovers, BC internals, 2.4l conversion, GT35 turbo, Gramlights 57 max rims, 3" turbo back exhaust, Greddy intercooler

-89 Honda Civic Wagovan with DOHC ZC motor, 13" willwood brakes, Racing Hart comp 28 17" rims, Falken tires, 2.5" Header back exhaust, tokico coilovers.

-01 Suzuki Hayabusa with exhaust, DynoJet comp, Speed limter disabler, custom paint
Old 05-14-2007, 03:56 PM   #16
<///><

Hi.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:21 PM   #17
drifting_changed_mylife
Zilvia Junkie

drifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymoredrifting_changed_mylife is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to drifting_changed_mylife
whats going on my name is omar and i live in queens nyc. i have a 1992 240sx with a sr20det blacktop. still in the shop but imma get it soon! cant wait! been a huge nissan fan and owned a 300zx tt at one point. NYC BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as far as future plans... i wanna make it fast befor i make it pretty. imma up grade fule pump turbo fpr and push more boost see what that gets me. i also wanna build a stroked ka24det and put it in a convertible but cant find one
drifting_changed_mylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:41 AM   #18
Slowrolla97

Slowrolla97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Slowrolla97
Well I am from Marietta, GA and heard about this site from a friend. I was looking for some work meister s1's and he told be there are some baller rims for sale over here so I came to check it out. I help create a site called 240atlanta.com. Just starting but growing fast. I got my 2nd 240 about a month ago so it is stock for the most part. She is a 89 hatch. PIG NOSE FTW!!!! Some plans are tanabe 7's coilovers, KA-t, origin agressive kit, 50 mm overs for rear, custom cage and a lot more. Planning on making this one my drift car. I am going to try and get competitive but we will see how it all goes. Well I am sure I will enjoy my stay here and look forward to meeting some new people and learning some new things.
Slowrolla97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:52 PM   #19
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
Hello, Mikester here. I'm curently in Okinawa- been here 6 yrs. I built up a GT-R then sold it, now I'm $25,000 into my 180SX. Love doing the car thing, it keeps me at home (most of the time) with the wife & kids and at least I can see [and drive] where all the money I'm shelling out is going. Not too sure about the crowd here at Zilvia- seems to be a lot of dumbasses who really should think before they post, but we'll see as I get more familiar with the site.
Mikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:36 PM   #20
heiyuu
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
heiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Hey Guys:

My name is Alan and I'm from Winnipeg Manitoba Canada [north of of ND!] I am in the process of importing an sr20det 180sx.
heiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:13 PM   #21
Jlee
Zilvia Member

Jlee is a jewel in the roughJlee is a jewel in the roughJlee is a jewel in the roughJlee is a jewel in the roughJlee is a jewel in the roughJlee is a jewel in the roughJlee is a jewel in the rough
Hey, my name's Jon and i live in Toronto Canada. I've got a 98 240sx with sr. Hope to gain alot from this forum.
Jlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:42 PM   #22
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Hello my name is Aron and I own an '89 240. I have been into 240's for about 7 years now and have owned one for about 4 years. I was raised at SCCA racing events, my dad used to run a formula atlantic car, so fast cars are in my blood. I have been working on my dad's atlantic cars, and now his indy car, since i was about 10 years old. I am now a mechanic and in my spare time I modify and occasionally touge and track race my 240. It is an '89 chasis with a '92 dohc ka. The front end is fully stitch welded and the interior is totally gutted. It has well rounded but minor mods to the suspension and brakes and the engine and drivetrain is stock. It is my second 240, due to a touge racing accident. Well I guess thats about it, see you in the forums.

P.S. to all the 240 noobs out there, learn to drive well before you try to drift cuz all good drifters were good drivers first
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:54 PM   #23
1320_power

1320_power is making a name for him/her self1320_power is making a name for him/her self
hello

Hello Zilvia peeps.

Just wanted to introduce myself. names chris. I currently live in OKinawa, japan. Been living here for 7 years now. I have owned in the past 180sx, HCR32, and now own this beauty. I plan to build this to a full time attack car so I can travel to Mainland Japan next summer and hit Tsukuba and all the other tracks up there. I did not realize there was a sticky for introductions so here is mine.

Current Mods:
POWER FC DJETRO
SARD 850CC INJECTORS
SARD FPR
GREDDY FMIC
KOYO 2 CORE RADIATOR
BILLION 68 DEGREE THERMOSTAT
BILLION RADIATOR HOSES

FUTURE MODS:
FULL TURBINE KIT
272 12.5 LIFT CAMS
1.3MM HEAD GASKET
FULL TITANIUM VALVE TRAIN
WIDE BODY TO FIT 18X10 ALL AROUND
FULL ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION ITEMS

INTERIOR
SAFETY 21 8 POINT ROLLCAGE
RECARO TYPE R PASSENGER SEAT
EAST BEAR FRP BUCKET SEAT
TOMS RACING 4 POINT HARNESSES FOR BOTH SIDES
OMORI 80MM TACHOMETER
PIVOT SUPER SHIFT LAMP
POWERTRAIN CONTROL SOLUTIONS DASHLOGGER

Last edited by 1320_power; 08-08-2007 at 01:04 AM.. Reason: made a mistake
1320_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:19 AM   #24
PNK SLP

PNK SLP is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to PNK SLP
hey whats up? well ill introduce my self, im ben an im in the Army. As of right now im on my 14th month in iraq. Im stationd in Wah. state which is a really nice plcae to be.

I used to drive a 1991 non-turbo 300zx. An a 1992 300zx Twin turbo.
not sure what to get when im back im thinkin about gettin a clean 300zx Twin turbo or a 240sx an get a skyline motor swap...cant make up my mind.

well hope to be postin on here in the future thanks
Old 08-08-2007, 08:38 AM   #25
chaser
Leaky Injector

chaser is an unknown quantity at this point
names scott from jax florida and i'm rockin:

91 240sx
-jp works full drift kit/ mulberry purple
-sport max 006/ 18x8.5f and 18x9.5r
-ksport coilovers
-defi oil pressure, temp and boost gauges
-sr20det redtop
-koyo radiator
-crower cams, je forged pistons, eagle connecting rods,440cc inj.
-t28 bb s15 turbo, custom fmic and piping, apexi downpipe and custom ex.
-greddy tt, apexi neo fuel computer
-bride zeta bucket seat

i think there's some more shit but can't remember. here to learn mad shit and have so far. thanks
chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:52 PM   #26
turboeic
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
turboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ok not new here but never did one of these so here goes. I have a s14. I have been through 3 motors, and now am going to put a SOHC into it. I know it seems odd but I haved my reasons. Planning on going N/A but first just keeping it stock until I get everything since this is my daily.

Last edited by turboeic; 08-08-2007 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: Didn't see the NO PICTURES!!! thing
turboeic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:21 PM   #27
Panda240

Panda240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys i'm new here...but i have a heavily modded and widebodied 350z, and slightly modded S13. I'm looking on purchasing a 98 S14 pretty soon to add to the collection. Been referred to this board from couple friends, and so far so good. Have a good day!
Panda240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:46 PM   #28
SoCal-s130
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
How's it going everyone. I have been browsing around this place for a while and must say it is a great site! I have myself a 91 coupe. (allllll stock)
SoCal-s130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:43 PM   #29
savingbern

savingbern is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello new to here. I don't own a 240 yet but by next year hopefull i will with all my savings. I'm mostly on this site reading about a whole bunch of stuff about 240 and hope to learn more!
savingbern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:36 PM   #30
Alltech_SS14

Alltech_SS14 is on the path to ruinAlltech_SS14 is on the path to ruinAlltech_SS14 is on the path to ruin
SR New to zilvia...not to Silvia's

New guy in tha house!!! Just wanted to intro. myself to any one that reads these things. Names Shaun out that 214 Texas. I own a kouki s14.Hope to get her sexy pics up soon. Holla
Alltech_SS14 is offline   Reply With Quote