Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2014, 08:27 PM   #1
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
//Running in the 90s// R32 GTS-T Revival

Hi guys, I've been around the forums for awhile now and have recently made some great progress on my project in the past few weeks and though that I would share the build on here.

I once had a 1990 hatch, but due to Canada's harsh winters the chassis was becoming unsalvageable and more trouble than its worth so I decided to move on to something else.

Whilst every native car in Canada is killed by rust, It is well known that we have early access to a plethora of JDM vehicles so decided to take advantage. A friend of mine was leaving the province so way back in 2010 I picked up a 1993 Skyline GTS-T Type M.

It Came with Kei Office Coils up front and Teins in the rear.
Full 3" Exhaust Not too sure of the brand
RSR Downpipe
Nismo NS5R wheels
and some other bits and pieces.

Not bad for the price i paid.

I drove it pretty much as is through 2011 until a coolant line broke and dumped all the coolant out of the car and it overheated and ruined the motor. The next day I got laid off so the car sat at my parents house. My new job required a more economical commuter vehicle and with their being a single parking spot at my condo, the Skyline was shipped off to my parents place and locked in my storage container turned garage.

I collected parts from Japan for the next couple of years, bought a house and now am finally getting back into making progress.

As you can tell by my S13, I Dig the 90's Highway Racer look and splurged on 1990's aero bits when they came up for sale.

The complete aero package is:

Tommykaira Sides and Rear
GTR bumper with JUN lip
Eastbear Mirrors
WinningSports Wangan wing

The car had been in a minor front end collision in a past life so I drilled out the spot welds and replaced the rad support from one I got at an importers

At this time I had the car towed to my own house and started working on what I could do in the driveway. Houses with garages are Extremely expensive in Toronto so the next best thing is a large driveway

At this point I bought a replacement RB20det with forward facing manifold from a friend for a steal. The plan was to go 25 but for the price I paid with the plenum I couldn't go wrong. I might upgrade to a 25 later but for now this will mean I can get the car on the road the fastest.

The motor wouldnt be complete without Super 90's themed Valvecovers

Finished it off with a machined coilpack cover I Designed and Made at work

Got a GKtech Clutch fan and adaptor to help with cooling. I want to make sure this car never overheats again.

Had some Pals over to help get the motor in on the driveway.

All ready to mock up the intercooler piping and such. I also made the cooling panel at work as well.

Got all the wiring labeled and am now in the process of re locating the fuse/ relay box to inside the car. The only wires coming into the bay on the chassis harness are the headlights, turn signals, horn and ambient air temp sensor.

I splurged and bought some Tommykaira wheels to match the aero. I will be running 17/18 stagger until I get the other 18" wheel fixed. The 18's are GTR sizes 18x9+25 and the 17's are 9J+25 as well

At this point, I finally got fed up walking from the front of the house to the shed to get tools and the lack of shade meant it was time to move the car so I could actually make some progress.

I had a good buddy trailer the car to a friends storage unit which is fully equipped with everything needed to finish the project. Its a little cramped but it beats working in the driveway. These storage lockers are rented out as workshops so they are perfect.

On our row of units there is one that does autobody, another for fabrication and a host of people building cool projects. All the resources are in one place to get the project done. I spent most of last week there until all hours of the morning and got all my intercooler piping tacked up as well as made the intake.

The firewall has been stripped of the brake booster/ master cylinder, clutch master, wiper motor for cleaning and paint. I pulled the motor, picked up some Ford UH black and went to town smoothing everything down

Paint came out perfect for HKS livery

This past weekend I got the motor back in and started re assembling everything in the engine bay.

Money Shot.

This pretty much brings us up to speed as to where the car is right now. There are MANY details I haven't written about yet. But I will touch base on them as they become relevant.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Dolph_KYAS13; 10-17-2014 at 03:03 PM..
Dolph_KYAS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links