Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-18-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
yle00984
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (9)
yle00984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
where is this s14 folding morror switch from?

i see there are a few different types of switches and wanted to know where this switch is from.

where is the center switch in this pic from?
thanks in advance

yle00984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2010, 09:57 PM   #2
vtund777
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
vtund777 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vtund777
Quote:
Originally Posted by yle00984 View Post
i see there are a few different types of switches and wanted to know where this switch is from.

where is the center switch in this pic from?
thanks in advance
Looks like it's off a S14 zenki model. I have the same for my S14.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:09 PM   #3
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
isnt the left one kouki s13?

damn virgil you came out of the woodwork for this one lol
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:07 PM   #4
JDMSTYLE
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
JDMSTYLE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
damn must be nice to have power folding mirrors.
JDMSTYLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:33 PM   #5
vtund777
Zilvia Member

vtund777 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to vtund777
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
isnt the left one kouki s13?

damn virgil you came out of the woodwork for this one lol
Hahaha...I got bored and felt like being a good person. I've been around...just working on the lip projects.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:25 AM   #6
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
I have that one in the middle on my 97'
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:30 AM   #7
kunihongo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
kunihongo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have that middle one. I bought it on ebay and was told it came out of a skyline. i dont know what year or model but it was the same plug for 97 s14.
kunihongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 06:07 AM   #8
fos240
Leaky Injector

fos240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to fos240 Send a message via Yahoo to fos240
no, zenki model mirror switches are pad style. the joystick style is kouki model s14 in both jdm and usdm.

i've been looking for that middle switch for a while. very hard to find. i have the power folding mirrors, but it came with the pad style switch.

frankie
fos240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:46 AM   #9
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fos240 View Post
no, zenki model mirror switches are pad style. the joystick style is kouki model s14 in both jdm and usdm.

i've been looking for that middle switch for a while. very hard to find. i have the power folding mirrors, but it came with the pad style switch.

frankie
^ he's right, except the changeover was 1996. Only 1995 models ('94-'95 in Japan) use the pad style. The joystick was introduced in 1996 in all markets. The plug is different too, but the pin locations are the exact same.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:40 PM   #10
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
^ Russ beat me to it. That's absolutely correct.

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:49 PM   #11
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
I still say the left is s13 kouki. nobody has said anything about that yet.

maybe i should go ask in the kouki aero thread.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 02-19-2010, 04:05 PM   #12
jspecusa
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jspecusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
^ he's right, except the changeover was 1996. Only 1995 models ('94-'95 in Japan) use the pad style. The joystick was introduced in 1996 in all markets. The plug is different too, but the pin locations are the exact same.
I remember I told you I had the joystick type in my 96 and you told me it's from 97 and up.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:06 PM   #13
Wake
Premium Member

damn I though sam was gonna come settle it all for us.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 02-19-2010, 05:49 PM   #14
fos240
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post
I remember I told you I had the joystick type in my 96 and you told me it's from 97 and up.
can you get another one?

frankie
Old 02-19-2010, 08:32 PM   #15
yle00984
Leaky Injector

im looking for the middle one but dont know where to fine them i see alot of the peeps selling the folding mirrors, sell it with the other two type of switches. im looking for the vertical one in the center.

anyone have one or know somewhere to get one?
Old 02-19-2010, 08:40 PM   #16
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I think the one on the right was the same style that was in my 97 R33...I cant remember now since I've sold that car almost a year ago. If I remember correctly, the R33 switch wasnt on the center console like on my S14. It was on the bottom right of the dash. Looked into my Silvia and my 93 S14 got the pad style one on the center console.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:57 PM   #17
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Center switch is from an R33. It may have been carried over to other models as well.

Right switch is from an A32 Cefiro, N15 Pulsar, and Kouki 180sx.

The left switch is from an S14 with the rare heated mirror option.

Last edited by Agamemnon; 02-19-2010 at 11:33 PM..
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:48 PM   #18
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
and for whatever it is worth, i have the center one in my zenki RHD S14 Silvia and is operational. i believe i bought it on ebay listed as an R33 switch. i didnt like the pad style either.
SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:15 PM   #19
yle00984
Leaky Injector

does the center switch in the pic, that is from a r33 fit exactly into the s14 center console were the original switch is?
Old 02-20-2010, 08:39 PM   #20
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by yle00984 View Post
does the center switch in the pic, that is from a r33 fit exactly into the s14 center console were the original switch is?
Yes. Nissan pretty much kept to a standard size for their switches.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:23 AM   #21
fos240
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post

The left switch is from an S14 with the rare heated mirror option.
i think you are wrong on this one. the center switch is the only one that will fit in the s14 center console with the proper orientation. if the one on the left is installed, the joystick controller would be 90 degrees out from the operation of the mirror.

to clarify, normally when you push the joystick to the left side of the car, either mirror would turn left. with that switch if you pushed the joystick to the left, the mirror would go down.

frankie
Old 02-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #22
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fos240 View Post
i think you are wrong on this one. the center switch is the only one that will fit in the s14 center console with the proper orientation. if the one on the left is installed, the joystick controller would be 90 degrees out from the operation of the mirror.

to clarify, normally when you push the joystick to the left side of the car, either mirror would turn left. with that switch if you pushed the joystick to the left, the mirror would go down.

frankie
Yeah I know. The orientation of the joystick is all wrong for the S14. But there is only one person I know that has this switch, and he says it came from an S14 malaysia.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:40 PM   #23
wbarrett48473
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
wbarrett48473 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I also have one of the switches with the defrost and folding option.

When I purchased it off of YAJ it was listed as being S14 but the Australian/European FSM shows the mirror defrost wiring through the rear defrost switch with a relay. Maybe its different on actual jdm cars because I cant find a japanese fsm to find out.

Old 02-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #24
Wake
Premium Member

once again people, the left switch was also avail (with heat and folding) on the kouki S13 fastback
so sitting here and trying to see exactly which model is from obviously pretty fucking pointless. We all know nissan was lazy as fuck and everything is exactly the same except orientation on the switch.

unless you can get a master list of all the JDM Nissans that came with power folding mirrors and all the options and the location of their switch.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 02-21-2010, 02:22 PM   #25
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
if anyone has a spare s14 with defrost switch, talk to me.

For now I'm just going to wire the mirrors to the defrost button, but if I had the switch, all the better.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:24 PM   #26
ki_JDM_ds
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (56)
ki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really nice
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
I am looking into buying a set of heated power/defrost folding mirrors for my s13 and while I was search for the heated/defrost switch i found Nissan wasn't the only company using it Subaru also uses some of the exact switches
Old 02-21-2010, 06:59 PM   #27
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

You can just make your own. You can combine the Kouki 180sx folding switch with the 93-94 Maxima heated mirror switch. I read that the maxima switch has a pattern on the reverse side of the panel that you can cut out to fit folding toggle.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:56 PM   #28
miravete
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (44)
miravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 44 reviews

n.e.ways...

heres the zenki pad style switch with the power folding option people are referring to.

i have the middle style switch (referring back to the op's main pic)

came with the rhd ebrake console i bought.

but im looking for the pad style switch with the heated button version if possible.

or simply willing to trade the jdm kouki one for the jdm zenki stile if someones interested.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:56 PM   #29
ac max 92

ac max 92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbarrett48473 View Post
I also have one of the switches with the defrost and folding option.

When I purchased it off of YAJ it was listed as being S14 but the Australian/European FSM shows the mirror defrost wiring through the rear defrost switch with a relay. Maybe its different on actual jdm cars because I cant find a japanese fsm to find out.

Where can i find this peticular switch? If anyone has one or access to one please pm me thanks
ac max 92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 04:23 PM   #30
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Just bumped a 4 Yr old theead
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote