Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-14-2014, 02:51 PM   #1
lamgee

Trader Rating: (0)
lamgee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help to pick the color for my S13!

I want to do a two tone paint on my S13 hatch with pop up eyes.
I am between sunburst orange and black and bmw phoenix yellow and black.
Wheels will be black.

What do you think? Also, will appreciate pictures if you suggest different color that you like. I don't care how two tone will be put - only top, only botton, stripes - whatever as long as it paint with black combination.

lamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2014, 02:53 PM   #2
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Penis pink or bust.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:09 PM   #3
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Doo doo brown.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:21 PM   #4
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
the best course of action is to paint each panel one color that you like, that way your inner indecisiveness will never be upset.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:31 PM   #5
tyson2699

tyson2699 is an unknown quantity at this point
Phoenix yellow with the black would look sick but i wouldnt suggest black rims or it wont look as good i would suggest white
tyson2699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:32 PM   #6
Primo's Silvia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
Primo's Silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
2012 charcoal grey camry bottom , silver topq
Primo's Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:40 PM   #7
sweeTTurbo

sweeTTurbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyson2699 View Post
Phoenix yellow with the black would look sick but i wouldnt suggest black rims or it wont look as good i would suggest white
I can visualize with white rims! I think you are right! He can always spray wheels if his black.
I saw jeep in sunburst orange - chocked! Not sure tho if it will look good on s13
another vote for phoenix yellow/black!
sweeTTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:41 PM   #8
DILLONDILLONDILLON!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
DILLONDILLONDILLON! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i would suggest NO...but that is just my opinion. I feel simplicity is key.
those colors together with the rim color choice will look like something from the early tuner stages.
DILLONDILLONDILLON! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:34 PM   #9
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
How about vomit orange on hemorrhoid burgundy?

gtfo
Old 10-14-2014, 06:49 PM   #10
lamgee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLONDILLONDILLON! View Post
i would suggest NO...but that is just my opinion. I feel simplicity is key.
those colors together with the rim color choice will look like something from the early tuner stages.
Yeah, I googled a bit - nothing looks good. I need to quit drinking haha.
LockOn - thank you. That stung really was the last nail on my two tone orange coffin lol.

Will spray it black. I have black wheels and carbon fiber trunk, wing and hood. Everything else will be metallic black.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:54 PM   #11
FredCarrS13

FredCarrS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to FredCarrS13
Bro get a metallic dark blue body and gloss black roof! Thats what i'm fixing on doing the same!!
Old 10-15-2014, 07:04 AM   #12
jsu1012
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Paint one fender purple, the other teal, and the rest of the car plastidip white. Oh don't forget to keep your rear over fenders primer. If you really want it do be cool, remember these simple words "aint care" .

lmao at lockon! "vomit orange on hemorrhoid burgundy? " hhahahahaha

Paint it the color combo you like the most, it's your car.

@streetstyle_jay
jsu1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:51 AM   #13
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
OP, if you want to get all the thotties, you should do it like my neighbors whip.

Straight flexing. Be the first in your city, ya heard me? No body in the 240 world is rocking this yet...set the trend my man.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:56 AM   #14
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORShi View Post
OP, if you want to get all the thotties, you should do it like my neighbors whip.
Straight flexing. Be the first in your city, ya heard me? No body in the 240 world is rocking this yet...set the trend my man.
Nah man, "Barney's Dick Purple". Now, that's whats up.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:10 AM   #15
lamgee

Why you guys so insecure about pink? I think hot pink looks great. This is the same kit I put on my S13 btw

Old 10-15-2014, 11:36 AM   #16
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^Oh god. I gotta to see this. Please post pics of YOUR hot pink Rocket Bunny S13.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:09 PM   #17
lamgee

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
^^^Oh god. I gotta to see this. Please post pics of YOUR hot pink Rocket Bunny S13.
I said "same kit", not "same color". Reading comprehension my friend (wait...what? reading? while you still alive? ...yeah...luxury for some, I know ).
But I don't see anything wrong with the car I posted either. Too bad you wasn't born colorblind. You would be much happier in monochromatic world
Old 10-15-2014, 12:09 PM   #18
bmxer882x
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
bmxer882x is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You bought a rocket bunny kit and want to do a 2 tone paint job? Need I say more
bmxer882x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 12:20 PM   #19
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxer882x View Post
You bought a rocket bunny kit and want to do a 2 tone paint job? Need I say more
So is it wrong?

__

Black and red always looks good!
Juucso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 12:20 PM   #20
lamgee

Quote:
Please, do tell! Is there some unwritten rule against it? My hood, trunk and spoiler carbon fiber already. If I do roof wrap carbon fiber too, it is already two tone no matter what color I choose for the rest of it. So where did I go wrong here?
Old 10-15-2014, 12:32 PM   #21
bmxer882x
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
bmxer882x is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm just picturing like a stock coupe 2 tone with a rocket bunny kit. If you got all that carbon just paint it one color and leave the carbon and you would be golden.
bmxer882x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 12:53 PM   #22
lamgee

Quote:
I'm just picturing like a stock coupe 2 tone with a rocket bunny kit.
Oh, I see There is nothing stock left from my hatch but stripped unibody (most of it lol) and headlights.

Quote:
If you got all that carbon just paint it one color and leave the carbon and you would be golden.
That's what I was thinking. Just wanted to step out of all that silver and beige... I was looking at the Nissan catalog yesterday and really fell in love with black cherry on 370Z (color code NAG). The latest years look almost black and only on sunlight you see cherry pearl coming through... Really love it. Will see.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:04 PM   #23
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamgee View Post
So where did I go wrong here?
Not painting the big carbon fiber pieces before installing them... that's where.

It's pretty widely recognized around here that two-tone paint jobs, outside of the OEM zenki S13 scheme always looks like a half-baked NOPI show reject from 1998.

Now pink isn't inherently terrible, and the 6666 hatch you posted isn't terrible as a whole, but that particular pink on that particular car sucks... not helping your cause in the slightest.

Find a cool color and paint the whole car. (The aforementioned black cherry would be a great choice, IMO) Then maybe use another color or pattern that complements it as an accent to use throughout the car. (like a CF roof spoiler, CF Diffuser, etc.) Don't just leave entire panels unpainted.

Only reason I'm even chiming in on what you should do with your car is because you asked for help. Otherwise I would keep my happy little mouth shut while another 240 is subject to questionable design choices. So there you have my $0.02, just take it with a grain of salt... since you asked.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:39 PM   #24
lamgee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Spool View Post
Not painting the big carbon fiber pieces before installing them... that's where.

It's pretty widely recognized around here that two-tone paint jobs, outside of the OEM zenki S13 scheme always looks like a half-baked NOPI show reject from 1998.

Now pink isn't inherently terrible, and the 6666 hatch you posted isn't terrible as a whole, but that particular pink on that particular car sucks... not helping your cause in the slightest.

Find a cool color and paint the whole car. (The aforementioned black cherry would be a great choice, IMO) Then maybe use another color or pattern that complements it as an accent to use throughout the car. (like a CF roof spoiler, CF Diffuser, etc.) Don't just leave entire panels unpainted.

Only reason I'm even chiming in on what you should do with your car is because you asked for help. Otherwise I would keep my happy little mouth shut while another 240 is subject to questionable design choices. So there you have my $0.02, just take it with a grain of salt... since you asked.
I did ask and I really appreciate you chimed in. I appreciate all the comments, good or bad, because otherwise I won't know better. I didn't know for example that you suppose to paint carbon fiber panels. I do clear coat them usually but never occurred to me to actually paint them....

I still didn't install anything tho. I have everything in pieces now and that's why I decided to ask the community before I proceed. I don't try to please everybody, after all it's my car but I don't want to be "special" in a bad way either.

I really dig this black cherry thing. I am going to order a pint and spray one panel to see how it looks and will go from there. Need to still digest the thought that my carbon fiber panels will need to be sprayed too. Baby steps I guess...

In any case, thank you for all your input.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:07 PM   #25
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
It's not that it "needs" to be painted, just that bare CF doesn't really look good and seems a little tryhard. Think back to the early 2000's to every car in (insert generic street racer magazine here) that had a naked CF hood, then naked CF fenders and eventually whole front ends and doorskins... it's just a bit much and people have kind of realized that a car that's all one color looks a ton better. I think your best bet is to look at higher end vehicles that use composite material from the factory for inspiration. Think about Porsches, Audis, Ferraris, etc. and even though they're using carbon and kevlar fiber throughout their bodywork, only little accents here and there are left unpainted. As a whole, people tend to see a car with a nice paint job as a well built car, while street cars that are covered in shiny carbon fiber just look like a kid got ahold of a JCWhitney gift card.

Hope that helps clarify my position a bit. Post up some pics so we know what you're working with.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:09 AM   #26
lamgee

Quote:
It's not that it "needs" to be painted, just that bare CF doesn't really look good and seems a little tryhard. Think back to the early 2000's to every car in (insert generic street racer magazine here) that had a naked CF hood, then naked CF fenders and eventually whole front ends and doorskins... it's just a bit much and people have kind of realized that a car that's all one color looks a ton better. I think your best bet is to look at higher end vehicles that use composite material from the factory for inspiration. Think about Porsches, Audis, Ferraris, etc. and even though they're using carbon and kevlar fiber throughout their bodywork, only little accents here and there are left unpainted. As a whole, people tend to see a car with a nice paint job as a well built car, while street cars that are covered in shiny carbon fiber just look like a kid got ahold of a JCWhitney gift card.
Or just to buy a fezza and be done with it lol

Quote:

Hope that helps clarify my position a bit. Post up some pics so we know what you're working with.
Ahhh it's a trap! I might as well post my pictures directly in to the "you are doing it wrong" thread haha.

I will post pictures once I am done with the car. I promise.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:19 PM   #27
joshchewuhh
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (56)
joshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Send a message via AIM to joshchewuhh
two tone hatches are never a good idea, also black wheels are never a good idea, go back to the drawing board