Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2006, 05:57 PM   #11
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprmods
power windows and the glass from both sides? wiper blades and motors? sound deadening could easily be 30 lbs on the interior, and if you wanted you could go under the car as well to take the underbody tar off as well.

you obviously arent that worried about a minimum weight, but there are ways to make your car loose 150lbs without cutting holes in the floor panels. Come the day when you are ready to compete wheel to wheel, you may feel the need to make the car lighter. Where there is a will there's a way.

manual windows, i need to keep them becuase hte car sits outside 365 days of the year unless its beign worked on. I am going to keep wipers for rainy day track events, i know everyone uses rainX but it hasnt beent eh best for me, so wipers stay. The soudn deadenign is all i have left to remove along with a few interior brackets, maybe 50lbs worth of stuff left. And that alli will remove because everything else (heater, wipers, dash) is for function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprmods
Also you really need to consider a way to adjust your alignment. The Hoosiers and Toyos respond very well to negative camber. With a stock setup you will not be using the most of the tire. Also tire roll over is not necessarily due to the tire, or the suspension. It can be a combination of the two, but it also has a large part due to the alignment. You could have a crappy suspension, and a crappy tire, but if you had enough negative camber, you wouldnt get alot of roll over. I would really try and find a camber kit or something just so you can get the most out of the Hoosiers.

Why buy $700 worth of tires, and only use $350 of it?? (not sure on the costs, but you get the idea)
I have KYB shocks and Tein springs as of right now, they alright, but i just sinply cant afford to upgrade to the coilovers i want (Buddy Club Racing spec dampener). I have planned on getting a camber kit to mount up to get more negative camber, but right now all i have at most is about -1*. I dont recall saying anythign about tre roll over, just teh fact that my old Azenis were not good enough and have been heat cycled too many times and they were nolonger heating up properly to get any kind of traction out of them. The hoosiers were gotten so i can get used to somethign really grippy instea dof somethig made for lower powerd cars. Id liek to egt used to them before i go playing with camber setups.

oh and shhhhh, dont tell anyone, i got my hoosiers for 250, with only 2 autoX runs on them.

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote