Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-07-2014, 01:02 AM   #31
97240sxle

Trader Rating: (0)
97240sxle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by l adam l View Post
i'd say he only overpaid for it if he plans on gutting it and throwing an sr20 in it with some ebay coils.

if not, it's worth it to me to spend the extra $$$ knowing that you're not rolling around in someone else's unsafe shitbox with unknown problems that'd you get when buying someone else's shell/project car.

i'd say you got a nice buy, although gauge clusters(mileage) are easily swapped out, as well as getting a cheap maaco paint job. you really never know what you're getting anymore, but that thing is pretty clean.
I had it taken to two body shops to confirm if this is in fact the real deal. Both said that the paint, trim, engine and even the coilovers are all original. From two very thorough inspections they confirmed that the car from headlight to tail light are original. Quite remarkable considering its an 17 yo car.
97240sxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2014, 01:07 AM   #32
eek
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
eek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Its not a bad price considering its clean and all original. There are alot of cars you can buy for the same money but if your heart is set on the a S14 and you wanted a un-molested clean one to start with, its worth it.
eek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:50 AM   #33
SilviaSR20DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
SilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Its a good deal IMO, its only gonna go up in value as time goes on because its pretty rare to find any 240 in good condition. I use to see some clean ones driving around years ago but now its pretty damn rare to see one that isn't beat to shit or any of that matter. Keep it clean and treat it well they are a dying breed.
SilviaSR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:29 AM   #34
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I just bought a Kouki in NC, for $2000 and it is just as good as yours OP. It is automatic and has 162k miles but other than that cars frame rails are perfect. It's a clean car OP if you feel like you made the right decision, then don't let it bother you. Come 10-15 years from now you'll get double the price. With all these kouki's getting drifted I'm pretty sure the price on these cars will skyrocket in the future.
acslater9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:54 AM   #35
97240sxle

Quote:
Originally Posted by acslater9 View Post
I just bought a Kouki in NC, for $2000 and it is just as good as yours OP. It is automatic and has 162k miles but other than that cars frame rails are perfect. It's a clean car OP if you feel like you made the right decision, then don't let it bother you. Come 10-15 years from now you'll get double the price. With all these kouki's getting drifted I'm pretty sure the price on these cars will skyrocket in the future.
Thats an amazing deal!!!! Was yours an base, SE, LE? What other features did it have? Clean title? I ask out of curiosity.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:58 AM   #36
97240sxle

Truth be told the car I wanted was in Florida and as I'm driving down to buy the seller calls me to tell me he sold it to his friend. An hour later he calls me back saying his friend would sell me the car for 2000 over what I had already agreed to pay the original seller. Naturally I told them both fuck off. That's when I found this car.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:23 AM   #37
Akop
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Akop is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by acslater9 View Post
Pictures please?
Akop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:49 AM   #38
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
MAN! In college in 06 I was about to pay $5,200 for a 97 and I thought that was steep.
But considering these cars are going up in price that is not a horrible price. If you are happy then that's all that matters really. Things are only worth what people want to pay in the end.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:03 AM   #39
mewantkouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (36)
mewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
That's a $5500 car at best. Not to hurt feelings but it's a fact.
mewantkouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:06 AM   #40
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
According to this CL add you got a steal of a deal. They want $10k for this 95.

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/ctd/4700635438.html

Someone needs to troll this dealership.
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:46 PM   #41
97240sxle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuma View Post
According to this CL add you got a steal of a deal. They want $10k for this 95.

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/ctd/4700635438.html

Someone needs to troll this dealership.
Lol they have had that up on autotrader for about a month. I guess they needed to venture out into the world of craigslist.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:49 PM   #42
97240sxle

Truth be told guys I think I'm going to sell and get a 350z. I know they are much much much more common but I actually fit in them better at 6'3.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:57 PM   #43
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97240sxle View Post
Thats an amazing deal!!!! Was yours an base, SE, LE? What other features did it have? Clean title? I ask out of curiosity.
It's an SE model. Power everything. Though I do not like sunroofs, I couldn't pass it up. Sunroof does not work, but he gave me a new (used) sunroof motor. It does have a clean title. Reason why he was selling it was because he had way to many projects. I'm just happy it's in good condition and runs. I'll post pictures as soon as I can, it's just a little dirty right now lol.
acslater9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:43 PM   #44
Trap Star
Zilvia Junkie

Trap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Trap Star
As long as you are happy with what you got for what you paid it doesn't matter. I think its a bit much for a Kouki in the south east but that's probably about the right price for one in SoCal.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:13 PM   #45
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
I can't believe at the price 350Z's go for that people spend so much bank on 240's.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:26 PM   #46
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
All you people that think these cars are only going to go up in price are going to be in for a rude awakening when the 25yr mark is up. No one is going to want a stock USDM chassis when they can buy a stock or lightly modified JDM Chassis. Why do you think these cars a pulling a premium right now? No, it's not because it's right before race wars, it's because they are in demand. What happens when the market is flooded with the JDM chassis?
Old 10-07-2014, 03:28 PM   #47
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97240sxle View Post
Believe it or not there were emails that I saw of several other interested parties willing to pay 1500 to 1700 more than what I offered him.
Emails can be faked very easily.

I'd keep that car bone stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
All you people that think these cars are only going to go up in price are going to be in for a rude awakening when the 25yr mark is up. No one is going to want a stock USDM chassis when they can buy a stock or lightly modified JDM Chassis. Why do you think these cars a pulling a premium right now? No, it's not because it's right before race wars, it's because they are in demand. What happens when the market is flooded with the JDM chassis?
When the market gets "flooded" with JDM counterparts, they'll be $3k more than their comparable domestic versions. These cars have yet to hit a ceiling in price.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:42 PM   #48
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
I can't believe at the price 350Z's go for that people spend so much bank on 240's.
Ditto. At the price of an early Z33, why not buy one over a 240? Not enough power in comparison to a modestly built SR? Throw a blower on it then! Who cares if the VQ35DE is junk at handling boost... they're getting so cheap, they're the new KA...
Old 10-07-2014, 05:20 PM   #49
Shift_grip

Trader Rating: (1)
Shift_grip is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I paid $1500 for a stock auto base 95 with 250k in North Alabama. I don't think you overpaid much, if at all. Clean 240s are rare around here, especially koukis.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:52 PM   #50
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_grip View Post
I paid $1500 for a stock auto base 95 with 250k in North Alabama. I don't think you overpaid much, if at all. Clean 240s are rare around here, especially koukis.
That really doesn't make sense. he paid $6300 more for a different front end, a manual transmission, and 130k less miles. with the $6300 you saved you could do suspension and a sr swap if you shopped smart.

I guess it's not much different than someone paying $13k+ for a supra or rx7 in fair to Shitty condition.
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:09 PM   #51
240sx_Durifto

240sx_Durifto is an unknown quantity at this point
what im getting

I'm getting my '97 Kouki SE 5spd this weekend. im paying $6000 for it. got couple mods here and there. im satisfied so far. original black, and its got 150k miles on it. bit high, but eh don't matter for me lol

00d0d_deePIIxViYr_600x450.jpg
240sx_Durifto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:12 AM   #52
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

I would say that is worth 6k.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:50 AM   #53
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
1) If you are asking this question AFTER the fact, then it's clear you do not think so (and well, it's too late anyways). Regardless of what we think, it's a matter of what you will pay..............

2) Terrible idea to ask the question on the board where you bought the vehicle from (especially if the prior owner is a CURRENT moderator on here!!!!!!!!!!)...........

IJS........
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:53 PM   #54
SilviaSR20DET
Zilvia FREAK!

SilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her self
JDM s14's are getting harder to find that isn't rebuilt or in like new condition from what i researched on the auctions. Not to count how many s14's get cut in half for clips. Hence why sr20 s14's motors are getting more expensive as time goes on. 350z's are nice for the price nowadays but its pretty impractical and are expensive to mod. I bought my 96 in 2003 for 9k but it had 32k miles on it and garaged kept. So i'm surprised these car's somewhat hold their value and one of the reasons why im holding on to mine. In the end as long as your happy with the car thats all that matters really.
SilviaSR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:37 PM   #55
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Before reselling, put a Hoonigan or 'Ain't care' sticker on it to double the value.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 02:07 AM   #56
97240sxle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
1) If you are asking this question AFTER the fact, then it's clear you do not think so (and well, it's too late anyways). Regardless of what we think, it's a matter of what you will pay..............

2) Terrible idea to ask the question on the board where you bought the vehicle from (especially if the prior owner is a CURRENT moderator on here!!!!!!!!!!)...........

IJS........
1-I ask because if its that shitty of a deal ill cut my losses and go with a 350. It's never too late to ask questions.

2-Didn't buy it off here. I didn't learn till after the fact he was a mod on this board.

I'm selling at 7,500. I honestly just want something newer. I've always been a 240 man but ever since a run in with an IED I can't do the work myself like I used to.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:31 PM   #57
97240sxle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaSR20DET View Post
JDM s14's are getting harder to find that isn't rebuilt or in like new condition from what i researched on the auctions. Not to count how many s14's get cut in half for clips. Hence why sr20 s14's motors are getting more expensive as time goes on. 350z's are nice for the price nowadays but its pretty impractical and are expensive to mod. I bought my 96 in 2003 for 9k but it had 32k miles on it and garaged kept. So i'm surprised these car's somewhat hold their value and one of the reasons why im holding on to mine. In the end as long as your happy with the car thats all that matters really.
Why do you say impractical?
Old 10-09-2014, 12:42 PM   #58
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Well that's pretty obvious. There's no back seat, no glove box, and no rear trunk space.
silviaks2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:12 PM   #59
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
You can import an R32 GTST, Soarer, 200ZXR, AE86, S13, Cedrics or Inifini RX7 with a 1/4 the miles for the about the same price or less. To me you over paid, but that is just me. I have owned 240s, G35s, and a R32 now. There is no comparing any bone stock 240 to a Z33, G35, or any number of importable vehicles. The great thing about 240s years ago was how cheap they were and relative easy and cost to modify. They are now for the vast majority rust buckets and unkept. Even the "low miles" (in the US that means under 150k) are still an engine swap away from being anything too impressive. They are a blast build, but their claim to fame was a cheap drift car..... they are getting farther and farther from "cheap" every day it seems.

Granted I see Koukis ALLL the time in town so maybe that has jaded my POV, but I just don't see the value increasing. Specially when you can get low mile cars from the mother land for such a reasonable price. FD's, MKIV Supras, R33s, Pulsar GTI-Rs, NSX's, Chasers and more are really not that far out.

On the practicality side.... 240s aren't practical either. Technically they have a back seat, but unless you hang out with legless midgets, then it really doesn't count. if you need practical a RWD Sports coupe isn't exactly the first choice on most people's list.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:12 PM   #60
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

My Skyline has more leg room than a 240sx ever will. I seriously think that is worth the extra bread.

Some people just don't get it.
ShakingMyHead.