Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-20-2002, 02:21 AM   #1
BenNs13

Trader Rating: (0)
BenNs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
#### sumtime i just hate the 240....today i test drove a 95 240SX for my friend..clean body and interior it had 80k on it and dealer wanted $6035 total for everything.... 5spd too...which is the first 5spd 240 i've ever driven...and ####  I AM IN LOVE WITH IT..for those of you who say that the KA24DE sucks, crappy, or etc...IT SURE AIN'T NO CRAPPY ENGINE....that is one fine ass peice of engine...being this is the first time i ever driven a 5spd 240SX...i couldn't stop talking about it to my friends....i downshifted and sorta abused it a lil..but not too much...and again #### that is one fine ass engine..although it redline a lil quick...it was fine...and the rpm climbs really quick...i did notice that...my car is an auto SOHC S13...so this 95 240 is soo #### good...i just can't say how much i love it....oh wells...now i don't know if i should get rid of my 240 or not...i mite want to do a DOHC motor transplant...or i mite just sell it and get me a 97-98 240SX....just so tyte..i feel sorry for those who thinks the KA24DE is crappy they are missing out on ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
BenNs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2002, 02:24 AM   #2
duderiffic
Zilvia Junkie

duderiffic is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to duderiffic
1997-1998 seem more comfortable to me to drive than the older ones.  The interior feels very "fast" too bad the car isn't hahahaha!!

Jeff
1998 SE.
duderiffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 02:26 AM   #3
soon2Bsilvia
Zilvia Member

soon2Bsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
I never said its crappy, but I sure think its dissapointing when you think about the SR20DET that others are enjoying in the other countries while we have to dream of the swap.
Don't get me wrong, our 2.4L engine can kicks ass!
soon2Bsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 02:29 AM   #4
duderiffic
Zilvia Junkie

Yea it would be nice to send a message to a company by not buying a car because it doesn't have the right engine, but it seems like America did that anyways.  I don't think it was the engine that turned America off.  I guess if you live in a house with wheels owning a Camaro/Firebird/Mustang is just too irresistable.  So thanks whitetrash!!  It is kinda gay to have to swap engines just to get a car that doesn't get raped by pretty much everything that can move.

Jeff
98 SE
Old 01-20-2002, 02:34 AM   #5
soon2Bsilvia
Zilvia Member

I wish they would of let an S15 come over instead of that gay ass Bettle.
Old 01-20-2002, 02:35 AM   #6
duderiffic
Zilvia Junkie

Why are you comparing a S15 to a Beetle?  I don't get it.

Jeff
Old 01-20-2002, 02:44 AM   #7
soon2Bsilvia
Zilvia Member

...its a joke dude...just a joke.
Old 01-20-2002, 10:30 AM   #8
AceInHole
Autox Technician

AceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfection
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from duderiffic on 2:29 am on Jan. 20, 2002Yea it would be nice to send a message to a company by not buying a car because it doesn't have the right engine, but it seems like America did that anyways. </td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
LoL.... if we didn't buy the car it would basically tell Nissan that we want wimpier non turbo smaller displacement FWD cars with no torque (since the compact sports car market is majorily such). &nbsp;

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't think it was the engine that turned America off. I guess if you live in a house with wheels owning a Camaro/Firebird/Mustang is just too irresistable. So thanks whitetrash!! </td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
I'd say it's mostly to blame on insurance companies. &nbsp;For one, the majority of new car buyers are women, and the stereo type goes that women drivers are afraid of RWD because it's more &quot;dangerous&quot;. &nbsp;Insurance for RWD cars is then higher. &nbsp;Add in that insuring a turbocharged car is even more, and you have poor sales of the 240, and no SR20DET. &nbsp;
Seriously, would you rather have an SR20DE??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
It is kinda gay to have to swap engines just to get a car that doesn't get raped by pretty much everything that can move.
</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
So since the KA won at the last unofficial KA vs SR race (which I beleive was at the last UNN meet), with a hefty weight disadvantage.... &nbsp;

Anyways... just a few comments.
AceInHole is offline   Reply With Quote