Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 06:12 PM   #571
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
sir you are a baddass.
and if you want some of the grey stuff or the hondabond i will send it to you.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2008, 06:15 PM   #572
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Good stuff with the sheet metal work. I've always been a fan of those that can pull it off nicely.

Doesn't anyone make Permetex Gray, or Hondabond in Japan land...that orange sillicone gank is so redneck on such a pretty build!
That orange crap is the Nissan Pit Work Silicone, Although orange it is extremely thick and has a consistency a little above RTV. .
Old 07-26-2008, 06:49 PM   #573
babowc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
such a baller build..
suchhhhhhhhhha baller build!
Old 07-26-2008, 07:19 PM   #574
LS14

Trader Rating: (1)
LS14 will become famous soon enoughLS14 will become famous soon enoughLS14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i don't think there are any words left to say about this build that haven't already been said. so plainly put, i must say WOW... this thread as blown me away. the time, patience and quality put into this car is astounding. congradualtions are a must!
Old 07-26-2008, 11:37 PM   #575
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedGTR View Post
That orange crap is the Nissan Pit Work Silicone, Although orange it is extremely thick and has a consistency a little above RTV. .
I assumed that's what It was, I just can't stand the way it looks on fresh motors hehe. Not sayingn it's junk, just asthetically speaking hehe.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 07-27-2008, 01:12 PM   #576
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
What are your plans with the original Dash and center console ?
if you would like to sell them, I am very seriously interested and would happily take them off your hands

ps. loving the massive amount of pics you put into the car, along with the eye for the fine detial's.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:41 PM   #577
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Zee View Post
What are your plans with the original Dash and center console ?
if you would like to sell them, I am very seriously interested and would happily take them off your hands

ps. loving the massive amount of pics you put into the car, along with the eye for the fine detial's.
The original stuff is toast. Had I not filled everything up with foam, resin and bondo in my attempts to make a plug, it might be worth it. I can keep my eye open for you and see if I can find one though.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:20 PM   #578
DriftMUH
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
DriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Nah, just a hobbyist. My work has nothing to do with cars at all and about 5 years ago, I had to be taught how to properly change oil. Just kind of jumped into it and decided to learn some stuff.
well deng.. props on that, so you got hookups with a shop then? thats chill
Old 07-28-2008, 03:32 PM   #579
wow-thats-a-cool-car
Post Whore!

wow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to wow-thats-a-cool-car
when do u plan on finishing it?
Old 07-28-2008, 05:16 PM   #580
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
This build is like driving 50 miles away 5 MPH to go have a threesome with halle berry and jessica alba
Old 07-28-2008, 07:23 PM   #581
finalimport

Trader Rating: (0)
finalimport is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
good luck !
Old 07-28-2008, 09:32 PM   #582
miravete
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (44)
miravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
mmm....jessica alba

and the car is sweeeeet too
Old 07-29-2008, 05:03 PM   #583
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by future240 View Post
This build is like driving 50 miles away 5 MPH to go have a threesome with halle berry and jessica alba
Holy shit that's the ultimate comparison.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #584
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neejay View Post
Holy shit that's the ultimate comparison.
i was thinking the same thing when i read that at work, but didnt have enough time to comment about it.

+1
Old 07-29-2008, 05:42 PM   #585
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wow-thats-a-cool-car View Post
when do u plan on finishing it?
Hopefully the timeline will look something like this

End of september
Rolling Chassis with operational Brakes
Fuel Lines
wiring harness completed and operational

October
Interior completed

November - December
Drive Train (Seriously freaking expensive)
Some final work on the body that needs to be done before wet sanding.

Jan-Feb
Computers and electronics

March - April
Tune and possibly ship it if I am unable to remain here in Japan.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:52 PM   #586
bblack_91240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (23)
bblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
wow.. thats all I can really say right now!!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:33 PM   #587
s13.dark1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
s13.dark1 is making a name for him/her selfs13.dark1 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
so sexy, great build. lovin all the pic, keep it up.
(should have went to okanawa)
Old 07-31-2008, 04:57 PM   #588
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

I finally got the steering arch aligned and cut out the right way. In order to do it I measure from bottom of the front panel to the point that the apex of the steering arch should be and then I used a hole saw to get a nice circle, then I cut the edges straight to meet up with the circle creating a nice shape, but it was to the right by about 3 mil, so I had to use the sheers and a file to trim it and round it out again, I think it worked out pretty well. Additionally, I trimmed a little from the edges to allow for door panels and A Pillars should I decide to use them.
After I flexed the center console out to a suitable angle that met up with the stock screw hole locations. I made some templates and cut out some more aluminum to block it in. I have a few more pieces to cut out for the edges of the dash itself with some trimming on the center ones and then I will weld them in. After this is complete, I will cut out some holes for removeable switch panels, do something a bit cool for the main gauge cluster, install the bracketing to attach it to the stock dash mount locations and then have this piece of shit powder coated.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:03 PM   #589
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
are you going to add any sound deadening to the back of that to help with vibration, and that "hollow door" sound that thing has?
Old 07-31-2008, 05:05 PM   #590
wow-thats-a-cool-car
Post Whore!

wow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfection
Quote:
Hopefully the timeline will look something like this

End of september
Rolling Chassis with operational Brakes
Fuel Lines
wiring harness completed and operational

October
Interior completed

November - December
Drive Train (Seriously freaking expensive)
Some final work on the body that needs to be done before wet sanding.

Jan-Feb
Computers and electronics

March - April
Tune and possibly ship it if I am unable to remain here in Japan.
Damn you have some serious work ahead of you but this is one of my favorite cars here on Zilvia. How much HP and you planning on running on the RB26? O and where r u moving?
Old 07-31-2008, 05:31 PM   #591
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
are you going to add any sound deadening to the back of that to help with vibration, and that "hollow door" sound that thing has?

ther than some rubber washers here and there to keep it still and absorb the friction, I figured it would be loud as all hell in there anyways so I am not going to add anything at all.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:32 PM   #592
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wow-thats-a-cool-car View Post
Damn you have some serious work ahead of you but this is one of my favorite cars here on Zilvia. How much HP and you planning on running on the RB26? O and where r u moving?

I am hoping to be in the mid 900's for HP but we will see how it turns out. As far as moving, I have absolutely no clue where I am going. It all depends on the employment situation but I am hoping to get to stay here in Japan or Asia at least. If that is not possible I will most likely end up in the DC area.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:45 PM   #593
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Wangan run on I95

DO IT!
Old 07-31-2008, 05:58 PM   #594
sldbyuramg
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
sldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
coming up on a year...looks great. i didnt see what your gonna do with the dash but you should definitely suede it
Old 07-31-2008, 06:35 PM   #595
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
^^^hot flock it
Old 07-31-2008, 09:20 PM   #596
wow-thats-a-cool-car
Post Whore!

Quote:
I am hoping to be in the mid 900's for HP but we will see how it turns out. As far as moving, I have absolutely no clue where I am going. It all depends on the employment situation but I am hoping to get to stay here in Japan or Asia at least. If that is not possible I will most likely end up in the DC area.
ahh dude move down to southern California Area I wanna see this car drift lol
Old 07-31-2008, 09:28 PM   #597
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
it's not a drift car......

ever heard of a 900hp drift car? hmmm
Old 07-31-2008, 09:51 PM   #598
s13.dark1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
s13.dark1 is making a name for him/her selfs13.dark1 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^ he makes a good point but it would be sick!!^
Old 07-31-2008, 10:01 PM   #599
wow-thats-a-cool-car
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Turbo View Post

you never know but 900 hp to the wheels would mean soo much tire smoke it would be tight
Old 07-31-2008, 10:34 PM   #600
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Turbo View Post

I thought the Signal auto Skyline had 1000hp....
and there is never too much power for for anything..this has been said a few times already by various drivers
there's a dude right now posting on Nico building a twin turbo V8 S15, with 800+ hp he is a profesional driver in the UK
thats thinking small.. just because its not the normal thing..doesnt mean its wrong or not good.
that much power costs money.. tons of it..thats why most drifters dont have that much..