Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States DC, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Old 02-23-2006, 07:46 PM   #1
570SX

Trader Rating: (0)
570SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Guy

Just picked up a 240Sx for a motor swap project. I am in Central NJ area. Anyway doing a LS1/6spd conversion in about 60 days. Hence the name !!!Will be autocrossing and road racing her , as well as hitting the streets from time to time. Look foward to hanging around. Gotta convert to 5 lugs and need a non pop up headlight conversion and JDM fogs to get her looking well. She's a coupe not hatch in case anyone is wondering....
Old 02-26-2006, 02:33 PM   #2
570SX

Wow this is a pretty lukewarm reception. I was hoping to really get some support for the suspension and brakes mods. Im gonna take a guess and say everyone hates the LS1/T56 combo. Think of it this way .... Its lighter than a RB26 conversion and way cheaper. Its slightly more than a SR20 conversion and weighs 110+ lbs less than a KA motor/trans. So figure 155hp/160lb-ft for a KA vs 315hp/335lb-ft for a LS1. In a sub 3000lb car means way fast.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:42 PM   #3
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
EchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EchoOfSilence
I'm loving the idea, but I'd be scared of traction issues under autocross conditions. I think the only reason you're not getting that well of a receptiion is cuz this isn't on the main page under the Newcomer thread. But good job on knowing to use this subforum.

Let us know how this swap goes!! I wish I had the money.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:23 PM   #4
570SX

Nice name Echo... I have a friend with a RX7 and a LT1/T56 swap and like 4.10gears or so... Anyway traction is not a problem. Throttle modulation might be problematic when he's excited LOL but its very managable. Not mention the ability to use a higher gear and let the torque pull you thru.... Traction whether turbo or v8 is limited by the narrow rear fenderwells. A 30-50mm flare is needed to run the 275 or 285 series tire I plan to run.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:49 PM   #5
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
EchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EchoOfSilence
275/85? wow man. good luck on that. I think that's a little overkill, don't you think? 255's would be fine
Old 02-26-2006, 05:00 PM   #6
570SX

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoOfSilence
275/85? wow man. good luck on that. I think that's a little overkill, don't you think? 255's would be fine
No , not for the torque and throttle response this motor has. I can go with a 17x9 CCW wheel on a 275/40/17 tire. Thats is of course a wheel built to spec with rolled fenders. But I thought the flares would look killer on the car !