Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 06-22-2003, 10:41 AM   #1
f2a4s0t
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
f2a4s0t is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nor Cal

Anyone from northern california. Im from humboldt county and I can't find anyone to drift with. write back or email me.
Old 06-22-2003, 01:05 PM   #2
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
there are a few of us down here in Santa Cruz that go out everynight to a couple different spots for at least 30 minutes or so...

check out the thread titled "Post DD6 Party"...you should come check out the event and then the party afterwards...you'll meet a ton of Nor Cal folks..
Old 06-23-2003, 02:41 AM   #3
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
hey nokeone, you are in santa cruz and go drift? you mind if i come and learn one of these nights? im in san jose
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 12:26 PM   #4
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
i don't see why not..

hit me up on email this weekend... [email protected]

although if you are looking for mountain road drifting we are not that good yet..

we just hit local corners sideways..
Old 06-23-2003, 12:41 PM   #5
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
It'll be hard for people who suck at drifting to teach you how but its always worth a shot! PANDAS usually eat bamboo and don't have much time to drif but that is slowly changing. I'd be stoked to have another person come out and have fun with us. WOOT!
Old 06-23-2003, 03:11 PM   #6
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
Originally posted by RBS14
It'll be hard for people who suck at drifting to teach you how but its always worth a shot! PANDAS usually eat bamboo and don't have much time to drif but that is slowly changing. I'd be stoked to have another person come out and have fun with us. WOOT!

true that..but could we refrain from using the word "shot"..PANDAs are an endangered species as is..

werd it'd be nice to have some new blood..damnit i said blood..those poor little bleeding PANDA's..*sniff sniff*..

juan, how's the civic treating you?..get it inspected for DD6 yet?..mine is mobbin..
Old 06-23-2003, 03:38 PM   #7
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by nokeone
true that..but could we refrain from using the word "shot"..PANDAs are an endangered species as is..

werd it'd be nice to have some new blood..damnit i said blood..those poor little bleeding PANDA's..*sniff sniff*..

juan, how's the civic treating you?..get it inspected for DD6 yet?..mine is mobbin..
Gettin' her tech'd today! Seeing how as 240's are the civics of drifting it is ok to call them that right? I think so. I never thought i'd drive a civic but i guess i was wrong....

I don't believe red pandas are endangered... just gian pandas. Correct me if i'm wrong. But yes, please refrain from talking about hurting PANDAS..... what did one ever do to u or I?
Old 06-23-2003, 03:46 PM   #8
nokeone
on strike three.

well i'm a GIANT PANDA...just ask your mom....recolize biatch

we drifting tonight?..

or should be just stay on Zilvia and hi-jack and whore other people's threads?

PANDizzle in the hizzle mah nizzle..
Old 06-23-2003, 10:59 PM   #9
quiksilvia

quiksilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to quiksilvia
i posted on nicoclub.com and remembered all u guys, then saw this thread, we're gonna meet up in sac on 7-11 friday night. at the roseville in n out im thinkin, no cops there and the open parking lot, prolly at 930 or 10 in the pm. all rsvp and show up!!!
Old 06-23-2003, 11:43 PM   #10
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
local corners of santa cruz? would htere be any high curbs? i would like some open space with little attraction like cops to come. is it safe there?
Old 06-24-2003, 12:00 AM   #11
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
Originally posted by trsilvias13
local corners of santa cruz? would htere be any high curbs? i would like some open space with little attraction like cops to come. is it safe there?
yeah there are certain corners in Santa Cruz where the roads are wide enough and in secluded enough locations to practise throwing the car sideways and drifting around...

of course there are curbs..but like i said the roads are decently wide...so the likelyhood of you getting out of control enough to hit one of them is very small..plus these are all 2nd gear drifts...so you really arn't going fast enough..

if you want open space to drift without the possiblity of police you pretty much are limited to events such as DD6 (which we are participating in)..i mean there are a couple of nice parking lots we use..but drifting anywhere is illegal..so there is always the potential for police to come after you..

we usually just hit spots for 10-15 min or so and then bounce to the next one..this way minimizing the chances of having the cops called on us..

is drifting safe anywhere??..the answer is no..so i guess it's not safe..there is always the possibility that you will hurt yourself and your car...but isn't that why you drift?..the excitement of it..

sounds like you are a little paranoid..i imagine you have never even drifted at all before..you should really just find a couple corners or a parking lot in your local area where you can practise getiing your car sideways..get a feel for it..so that you don't panic when you lose control..that is the easiest way to wreck your car..

good luck..and you are of course still welcome over in SC anytime..
Old 06-24-2003, 05:02 AM   #12
GotDriftS14
Zilvia Junkie

GotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choices
wait a second you mean you guys drift in Civics??? i hope you are joking.

dont ever call 240SX the "civic" of drifting or i'll cut you.

Last edited by GotDriftS14; 06-24-2003 at 05:05 AM..
GotDriftS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 10:11 AM   #13
NZO
Zilvia FREAK!

NZO is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to NZO
If the 240 is the civic of drifting, whats the ae86, a tricycle?
NZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 11:53 AM   #14
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
Originally posted by GotDriftS14
wait a second you mean you guys drift in Civics??? i hope you are joking.
well tray sliding and drifting are pretty much the same thing right??? so yeah we drift civics.. ..see you at DD6!!!! i've got a stock pile of Burger King trays i'm saving for the event..

Quote:
dont ever call 240SX the "civic" of drifting or i'll cut you.
haha...well think about it for a second..in recent years, and even more so in recent months with the D1 competitions getting some major exposure over here..it seems like everyone and their mother is picking up a 240 and thinking they are a drift master..they are relatively inexpensive, easy to mod, easy to fix, the aftermarket support is limitless...hmmmm...sounds alot like a civic to me..
Old 06-24-2003, 11:59 AM   #15
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
Originally posted by NZO
If the 240 is the civic of drifting, whats the ae86, a tricycle?
haha..nah..240's are like civic coupes..AE86's are like a civic hatch.. ..or maybe a prelude if the HachiRoku is a non hatch back version..
Old 06-24-2003, 12:44 PM   #16
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
well i'm a GIANT PANDA...just ask your mom....recolize biatch
ouch I don't even have a good come back.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:18 PM   #17
Danio
Zilvia FREAK!

Danio is an unknown quantity at this point
wtf
Danio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 02:57 PM   #18
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally posted by Danio
wtf
sorry, Kwan and I are just post whoring for lack of something better to do. We'll stop now.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:12 PM   #19
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
Originally posted by RBS14
sorry, Kwan and I are just post whoring for lack of something better to do. We'll stop now.
speak for yourself bitch..

you should be proud that you drive a civic...very well made automobile..

and tray sliding is better then actual "drifting" any day...cause you can drift or grip depending on your mood with a FF car..

Last edited by nokeone; 06-24-2003 at 03:31 PM..
nokeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 09:31 PM   #20
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
you should be proud that you drive a civic...very well made automobile..

and tray sliding is better then actual "drifting" any day...cause you can drift or grip depending on your mood with a FF car..
Good point, i just wasn't sure i wanted to keep my civic, but with what you just said, i'm definately keeping it. Grip is good too!
Old 06-24-2003, 09:31 PM   #21
GotDriftS14
Zilvia Junkie

GotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choicesGotDriftS14 has made poor choices
Quote:
haha...well think about it for a second..in recent years, and even more so in recent months with the D1 competitions getting some major exposure over here..it seems like everyone and their mother is picking up a 240 and thinking they are a drift master..they are relatively inexpensive, easy to mod, easy to fix, the aftermarket support is limitless...hmmmm...sounds alot like a civic to me..

err except for the fact that 240SX's dont suck, their owners dont brag about how they "are faster than your mustang and get better gas mileage", they are actual sports cars, and they are made by a car company with balls!
Old 06-25-2003, 01:20 AM   #22
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
err except for the fact that 240SX's dont suck,
i would hardly say one of the most reliable automobiles ever made sucks...also a car which wins many an autocross, drag race, or other form of competition..

Quote:
their owners dont brag about how they "are faster than your mustang and get better gas mileage",
maybe you don't....but i imagine there are just as many ricers with 240's are there are with civics..actually i take that back...there are quite a few ricers with 240's..but there will NEVER be as many as with civics..your point stands..lol..

Quote:
they are actual sports cars,
debatable...define sports car for me..a new civic SI will smoke you and your truck motor.....[/B][/QUOTE]

Quote:
and they are made by a car company with balls!
ummm...NSX...S2000...Type R...

playing Devil's Advocate is fun..thank you.. ..but i do stand by my points..
Old 06-25-2003, 01:28 AM   #23
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

you should call the 240sx an integra, and a ae86 a civic
Old 06-25-2003, 04:42 AM   #24
GotDriftS14
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:

how bout calling them 240SX and Corolla?

whooppeeeee so Honda makes an NSX, hooray!! its an incredibly wimpy car for the price. so uhhh how many turbocharged vehicles does Honda make? hmm, none? how many RWD? hmmm, like maybe 2 not including SUV's. that's pretty lame IMO. my car doesnt have a truck motor BTW, and i really could care less if a mini-oddessey, i mean, civic SI could smoke me. hmm for the price of buying a new civic Si, my car would smoke a civic Si hahaha, easily! but that comparison really shouldnt be made. so i'll just end this by saying the 240SX is in no way comparable to the Civic, seeing as how the civic's enthusiast-to-ricer ratio is probably 1:20 or so, and the 240SX ETR ratio is probably somewhere near 1:3. the 240SX was basically made to be an enthusiast car and the civic was made in incredible numbers because its an entry level economy car!!!! the 240SX and civic should not be compared!! the end.

EDIT: i'd also like to add that civics are not all that hot in Autocross, everybody knows that autocross is Miata's home turf.

EDIT: and also the FWD drivetrain layout gives it a disadvantage in drag racing, where american V8's are king.

Last edited by GotDriftS14; 06-25-2003 at 04:45 AM..
Old 06-25-2003, 04:56 AM   #25
GotDriftS14
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:

whoa, something i didnt notice earlier...

FF cars are at a disadvantage when compared to FR cars from a motorsports standpoint. you can drift or grip depending on your mood with a FF car?? please. first of all, you cant drift in a FF, and second of all, FF sucks for gripping, and i'll tell you why.

a tire only has so much grip available at any given point to do one of any given driving activity, wether it be accellerating, cornering, or braking. in an ideal situation, you would want your tires to be able to give the maximum amount of cornering grip and accellerating grip when exiting a turn. in a FF car, you are basically asking the front tires to do 200% of the work that is necessary, and that is what causes UNDERSTEER, which just so happens to be my (and other driving enthusiasts') worst enemy. what happens is, in a FF car if your front tires are near their maximum cornering grip level, lets say 80% of maximum grip, and you wish to accellerate out of the turn, even 50% of maximum accelleration will exceed the tires maximum available traction and therefore cause them to lose grip. all the while, the rear tires are just there...being dragged along for the ride, wasting space and grip. in a FR car on the other hand, the tasks are divided between the front and rear wheels. lets say in the same turn in a FR car, your front wheels are turning the car using 80% of the maximum available tire traction and you wish to accellerate out. well now, as you can imagine, the rear tires arent doing too much in terms of directing a car through the turn, so they have plenty of grip available to complete the task of accelleration. "Oh, but in a RWD car you can spin out if you overload the rear tires!!" BAH! that is only if you suck at driving. if you are able to drive an FR car at its limits, it will be FASTER than an FF car at its limits, because it is able to use the maximum amount of grip from all four tires most efficiently. so yeah, so much for that theory.

Last edited by GotDriftS14; 06-25-2003 at 05:02 AM..
Old 06-25-2003, 12:10 PM   #26
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
That's a good question. I've always liked tegs more than civics. What do you think kwan?...
Old 06-25-2003, 02:41 PM   #27
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
whoa, something i didnt notice earlier...

FF cars are at a disadvantage when compared to FR cars from a motorsports standpoint. you can drift or grip depending on your mood with a FF car?? please. first of all, you cant drift in a FF, and second of all, FF sucks for gripping, and i'll tell you why.

a tire only has so much grip available at any given point to do one of any given driving activity, wether it be accellerating, cornering, or braking. in an ideal situation, you would want your tires to be able to give the maximum amount of cornering grip and accellerating grip when exiting a turn. in a FF car, you are basically asking the front tires to do 200% of the work that is necessary, and that is what causes UNDERSTEER, which just so happens to be my (and other driving enthusiasts') worst enemy. what happens is, in a FF car if your front tires are near their maximum cornering grip level, lets say 80% of maximum grip, and you wish to accellerate out of the turn, even 50% of maximum accelleration will exceed the tires maximum available traction and therefore cause them to lose grip. all the while, the rear tires are just there...being dragged along for the ride, wasting space and grip. in a FR car on the other hand, the tasks are divided between the front and rear wheels. lets say in the same turn in a FR car, your front wheels are turning the car using 80% of the maximum available tire traction and you wish to accellerate out. well now, as you can imagine, the rear tires arent doing too much in terms of directing a car through the turn, so they have plenty of grip available to complete the task of accelleration. "Oh, but in a RWD car you can spin out if you overload the rear tires!!" BAH! that is only if you suck at driving. if you are able to drive an FR car at its limits, it will be FASTER than an FF car at its limits, because it is able to use the maximum amount of grip from all four tires most efficiently. so yeah, so much for that theory.
whoa...got a nice rise out of someone..lol

thanks for the lesson "Bill Nye the Science Guy".....

who in their right mind would actually think a FF car is better at drifting then an FR one??

my post was a joke...

someone failed "Picking Up Sarcasm 101"...
Old 06-25-2003, 02:52 PM   #28
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
how bout calling them 240SX and Corolla?
how about Silvia and AE86?

Quote:
whooppeeeee so Honda makes an NSX, hooray!! its an incredibly wimpy car for the price.
if you say so...that is not a point worth arguing because opinions will always differ when it comes to cars and tastes...

Quote:
so uhhh how many turbocharged vehicles does Honda make? hmm, none?
there are many valuable attributes of an all motor car which make it more desirable under certain circumstances as opposed to forced induction..the most blatant being turbo lag

Quote:
how many RWD? hmmm, like maybe 2 not including SUV's. that's pretty lame IMO.
how many does nissan make?...silvia, skyline (non GTR), 300zx/350z ...care to add?

Quote:
my car doesnt have a truck motor BTW, and i really could care less if a mini-oddessey, i mean, civic SI could smoke me.
so you have swapped in an SR20DET then?

Quote:
hmm for the price of buying a new civic Si, my car would smoke a civic Si hahaha, easily! but that comparison really shouldnt be made.
exactly...because when you get into hypotheticals there is no end to it...i'm glad you saw that...

Quote:
so i'll just end this by saying the 240SX is in no way comparable to the Civic, seeing as how the civic's enthusiast-to-ricer ratio is probably 1:20 or so, and the 240SX ETR ratio is probably somewhere near 1:3.
i already agreed with point..please read more carefully next time..

Quote:
EDIT: i'd also like to add that civics are not all that hot in Autocross, everybody knows that autocross is Miata's home turf.

EDIT: and also the FWD drivetrain layout gives it a disadvantage in drag racing, where american V8's are king.
but we wern't talking about Mazda or American V8...in fact you started this..lol..we were comparing the popularity of the 240sx in recent to that of the Civic...you decided to bring Manufacturers into it....i just played Devil's Advocate for Honda..
Old 06-25-2003, 04:12 PM   #29
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

TRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to TRUENOCOUPE
Quote:
Originally posted by Danio
wtf
Is your car done?

DD6 is coming up.

I got my car running good and ready.

Let me know if you're down for touge run again.

I miss the ol' days.

-Al
TRUENOCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 07:18 PM   #30
GotDriftS14
Zilvia Junkie

Wink

Quote:

how many does nissan make?...silvia, skyline (non GTR), 300zx/350z ...care to add?
sure why not...

let's see, theres the President, Cima, Cedric, Gloria, Leopard, Laurel, Cefiro, Skyline, Fairlady Z's, Silvia, Stagea....hmm i think thats about it. and a great deal of those cars were available in turbocharged form, and that is with little or no turbo lag, and certainly what little turbo lag is probably comparable, if not stronger, than Honda's amazing torqueless wonder engines running at similar (low) RPM's.

bah! i sensed sarcasm but i felt that i had to give an explanation of sorts...so that way i dont sound like somebody making ungrounded judgements about the handling capabilities of FF cars! anyway thats enough outta me.