Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-09-2010, 02:50 PM   #3331
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
c72c is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
anyone know where to find torque specs for 3 pc work wheels? i have to repair one and wanted to see if there is somewhere to find the specs before i settle with german torque.

@ willievo - Honestly, it's not that bad. If it doesn't affect the way the car drives/handles and nothing is going to fall off, you'll be fine. I'd still recommend trying to get it straight though, you can do it yourself with the right tools. any body shop with a frame rack or creativity can fix it for you.

example...
toyota mark 2 before

during

after
Old 11-09-2010, 03:47 PM   #3332
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by c72c View Post
anyone know where to find torque specs for 3 pc work wheels? i have to repair one and wanted to see if there is somewhere to find the specs before i settle with german torque.
if you call work they shall tell you, but last what i was told is like 25 ft/lb or something like that. Don't quote me and you should call them up
Old 11-09-2010, 04:03 PM   #3333
gerbil is sik

Trader Rating: (0)
gerbil is sik is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My friend's problem with his fuel pump not priming:

"So I was out with my car doing some "spirited driving" and all of a sudden it died, I figured my battery was loose from taking turns a little too hard. After I got everything fixed up I went to turn the car on, I turned my key and realized that the fuel pump was not priming. My friend suggested that it could possibly be ceased, but we figured it might be a fuse or a loose ground somewhere. After opening up the cover to the pump I made sure everything was secure and that there were no loose wires.

After that we figured that it might just be a fuse or the fuel relay, or even a loose ground. The problem is that I got the car without a box for the driver's side fusebox so I have no idea what's what and the box in the engine bay is also missing everything. Looking at the FSM also didn't help as it didn't show me anything relating to the fuel pump:

Anyone know what might be wrong? Suggestions on where a loose ground might be with these cars?"
gerbil is sik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:13 PM   #3334
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
if you call work they shall tell you, but last what i was told is like 25 ft/lb or something like that. Don't quote me and you should call them up
thanks, just thought i'd be lazy and ask if someone else knew first
Old 11-09-2010, 05:47 PM   #3335
PNgo12
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
PNgo12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I bled my brakes today and it was fine, thanks Zilvia.

Another question though. Are S14 SE calipers bigger than the base model ones? I believe the SE ones were bigger but I need to make sure before I go out and pull some SE ones out.
PNgo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:10 PM   #3336
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Real HIDs or PnP kits?
The "kits" are fine, I'm looking for a pair of 55w (i hear the light output is greater than 35w) H4, high/low with slim ballasts.

Since my car is like 40,000 years old i am just using Autopal conversion housings with a "pnp" kit and it seems to work okay - i would like the low and high beam functioning however. Is it worth it to find a set of OEM HIDs in H4? I have a feeling that nobody uses a single high/low beam bulb from the factory.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:39 PM   #3337
MURPHY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
MURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MURPHY
ok so I have some 18x8.5's that i can not for the life of me figure out what they are.

appear to look like voxx wheels and i think they look most like 5zigen typhoon

they have no badging on them anywhere, only say offset and japan on back side.

centercaps appear to be generic and say "RS" on them

ruled out the voxx due to the face on the voxx does not have small holes next to the lug nut holes

ruled out the 5zigen's due to the face in-between the spokes isn't the same

I do have 2 shitty cell phone pics i took

ImageShack: Host and Share your Photos and Videos - imag0106g.jpg
ImageShack: Host and Share your Photos and Videos - imag0107gd.jpg
MURPHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:48 PM   #3338
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerbil is sik View Post

"So I was out with my car doing some "spirited driving" and all of a sudden it died, I figured my battery was loose from taking turns a little too hard. After I got everything fixed up I went to turn the car on, I turned my key and realized that the fuel pump was not priming. My friend suggested that it could possibly be ceased, but we figured it might be a fuse or a loose ground somewhere. After opening up the cover to the pump I made sure everything was secure and that there were no loose wires.

After that we figured that it might just be a fuse or the fuel relay, or even a loose ground. The problem is that I got the car without a box for the driver's side fusebox so I have no idea what's what and the box in the engine bay is also missing everything. Looking at the FSM also didn't help as it didn't show me anything relating to the fuel pump:

Anyone know what might be wrong? Suggestions on where a loose ground might be with these cars?"
Fuse more likely than not popped. This happened to me about 2-3 months ago after i did a u-turn pretty hard and then proceeded to spiritedly drive around a bunch of turns on this road. After turn 4, my car dies lol

Fuel pump fuse is a 15Amp, i will update with pictures in a second
Old 11-09-2010, 10:00 PM   #3339
gerbil is sik

gerbil is sik is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
Fuse more likely than not popped. This happened to me about 2-3 months ago after i did a u-turn pretty hard and then proceeded to spiritedly drive around a bunch of turns on this road. After turn 4, my car dies lol

Fuel pump fuse is a 15Amp, i will update with pictures in a second
Thanks for the reply

My friend went over fuses checked out ok, even the fuel pump fuse just to be sure and still nothing.

He asks, Is there any other way to check the fuel pump or see if it has been seized? Or the fuel pump relay (Don't know where it is or what it looks like)?

The batteries are relocated to the trunk if this makes any difference would he be able to directly wire it to the battery?

Could this be a result of my ecu going bad?
gerbil is sik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:11 PM   #3340
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Thanks for the reply

My friend went over fuses checked out ok, even the fuel pump fuse just to be sure and still nothing.

He asks, Is there any other way to check the fuel pump or see if it has been seized? Or the fuel pump relay (Don't know where it is or what it looks like)?

The batteries are relocated to the trunk if this makes any difference would he be able to directly wire it to the battery?

Could this be a result of my ecu going bad?
I don't think the ecu would fry and result in a failing fuel pump, more problems would come up. The only sure way to check if the fuel pump works still is to pull it out and check with a voltometer/circuit tester. The fuel relay is the EGI Pump relay, it's a bit of a bitch to pull out but you can get it done with a small flat head screwdriver, there is a small tab you pull and then with your hand pull straight up with some force.

It is very uncommon for these to fail, but the car is prolly old so you never know. Usually you can hear them click/feel them click if you put your ear close to it and put the car in ACCESSORY though, so testing that won't be a problem either.

If you need any more help, pm or post in here and if i have info to help i will respond in pm as to not clutter up thread
Old 11-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #3341
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by c72c View Post
thanks, just thought i'd be lazy and ask if someone else knew first
haha yeah, from my experience work is legit and theyll help you.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #3342
ill.
Zilvia Member

ill. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Is the car low? Could have chewed through the loom. in the drivers wheel arch.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #3343
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill. View Post
Is the car low? Could have chewed through the loom. in the drivers wheel arch.
+1

oh and the picture dude, i have an s13.. so it might differ
Old 11-09-2010, 10:40 PM   #3344
xBtony
Zilvia FREAK!

xBtony is an unknown quantity at this point
So, is there anything that simulates a manual steering rack for an s13? I really like manual steering, but it would be nice if it was a tad easier like a stock manual rack is.
xBtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:45 PM   #3345
ill.
Zilvia Member

ill. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBtony View Post
So, is there anything that simulates a manual steering rack for an s13? I really like manual steering, but it would be nice if it was a tad easier like a stock manual rack is.
Take the seals out of the rack, that way you'r not pushing any fluid round. Just keep it greased though or things will wear out pretty quick, as the P/S fluid acts as a lubricant too.

We did it on a friends S13 as a temporary fix, and makes a huge difference compared to just running it with no fluid.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:54 PM   #3346
pahaf
Zilvia Member

pahaf is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guys. what can be the reason why my blinkers dont work?
1997 S14
pahaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #3347
JKL1031
Zilvia Junkie

JKL1031 is an unknown quantity at this point
You check all bulbs fuses?

Why is it sometimes I have to go into second before going in to first w/o grinding? Sometimes it will go right into first, but I always go to 2nd first to prevent the chances.
JKL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:39 PM   #3348
nothix
Zilvia Member

nothix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by pahaf View Post
hey guys. what can be the reason why my blinkers dont work?
1997 S14
if its not the fuses, it could be the headlight switch.
Common problem part on the S13, IDk if its the same on the S14
Old 11-10-2010, 01:59 PM   #3349
redline240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
redline240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I am having a little problem with my RPM gauge Jumping around when I turn the key. What can be the problem? Grounds?

I checked most of my ground on my KA, am I missing some?

1. KA head, wire harness from ecu
2. Passenger side strut tower, lower harness
3. driverside, exhaust manifold

?any other? what else can cause my rpm cluster to jump when i turn the key in the ignition?
Old 11-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #3350
titopr06
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (68)
titopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
do the s13 and s14 sr20det tps share the same connectors?
can i plug the s14 tps onto an s13 harness?
titopr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:17 PM   #3351
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKL1031 View Post
You check all bulbs fuses?

Why is it sometimes I have to go into second before going in to first w/o grinding? Sometimes it will go right into first, but I always go to 2nd first to prevent the chances.
synchros could be going bad. i used to always have the same problem going into reverse (which most people have), but you put it into 2nd and it helps line up the synchros better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline240sx View Post
I am having a little problem with my RPM gauge Jumping around when I turn the key. What can be the problem? Grounds?
Is it while your car is running, r only when you turn the key?
Have you done any rewiring?
Old 11-10-2010, 05:09 PM   #3352
troyw

troyw is an unknown quantity at this point
im so damn confused wtf!

ok so ill probably get bashed but oh well haha i just recently bought a 89 hatch with a ka24de swap (motor was blown) well i pulled the motor and just got done repainting the engine bay then today i was looking at the ecu harness and i noticed that my harness has a intake air temp sensor and im almost possitive that the 91-94 harnesses for the ka24de didnt come with intake air temp sensor some one please try to explain what the hell is going on hahah
troyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:43 PM   #3353
Mangudai
Zilvia Addict

Mangudai is an unknown quantity at this point
Plan to change my head gasket soon, any tips?
Old 11-10-2010, 06:49 PM   #3354
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangudai View Post
Plan to change my head gasket soon, any tips?
don't put the head on backwards...

clean the decks, torque everything in the right order and to spec, and have a couple drain pans readily available....
Old 11-10-2010, 08:04 PM   #3355
freeze2104

freeze2104 is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry for the really stupid question ive been searching and cant find an answer that i understand. I have 2 240sx one is an 89 AT and the other is a 93 MT. If i leave the MT in the 93 can i just take the engine from my 89 and put it in and just change the flywheels? Is there anything else i would need to do or transfer from my 89. im asking cause with the 93 i got i have 6409900 parts lying around.. heads and other stuff and i dont want to put it back together. sorry again for the dumb question.
freeze2104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:05 PM   #3356
JK2005
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (24)
JK2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews

anyone know what this says? or what this is? came on my front clip and it runs lines to the mirror switch and into the interior fuse box.
JK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:30 PM   #3357
ki_JDM_ds
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (56)
ki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really nice
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK2005 View Post
anyone know what this says? or what this is? came on my front clip and it runs lines to the mirror switch and into the interior fuse box.
Fixed the pic for you.

I know the first part is "Control"

Do you have the mirror switch? Which fuse do the wires attach? I'm thinking, since this is an S13 clip from Japan that your box might be there so when the driver turns on the key the mirrors fold out/in. I keep looking

FYI: I'm not Japanse I just know some Kanji from YAJ lol
Old 11-10-2010, 10:53 PM   #3358
xBtony
Zilvia FREAK!

xBtony is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill. View Post
Take the seals out of the rack, that way you'r not pushing any fluid round. Just keep it greased though or things will wear out pretty quick, as the P/S fluid acts as a lubricant too.

We did it on a friends S13 as a temporary fix, and makes a huge difference compared to just running it with no fluid.
Makes sense. Thanks man. I'll try this over the weekend.
xBtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:58 PM   #3359
dub40sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
dub40sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I may be retarded but whats a good place to by BN Aero. Thanks.
dub40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:20 AM   #3360
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Could a weak battery cause HID's not to light up at all? Do the HID boxes need a certain minimum voltage to charge before they can light up?
This is with the engine/alternator off, only powered off the battery.

Also, is it normal to hear the acid in the battery 'bubbling' quite audibly when the power is on? Or is that a sign of a weak/bad battery?

Thank you for any information.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote