Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 10:24 PM   #1
zoomswimmer
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
zoomswimmer is making his/her stupidity well-knownzoomswimmer is making his/her stupidity well-knownzoomswimmer is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Rhd Rb25det

Has anyone done an RB25DET Type II swap into a S13? I'm going to try and do the impossible, but I'm thinking about getting a Front clip with an RB25DET type II engine implant it into my '89 240sx coupe. I also want it to be RHD. So instead of finding an Siliva front clip too, I think that I'm going to try and take the Skyline firewall and making it fit the S13. Same with the Dash and instruments. I know that it sounds insane, but I wonder if any knows if it's been done, heard anything about it, or can think of any problems that I would have (besides the obvious, like the firewall won't fit and stuff like that). I know that it's going to take alot of custom work like welding and some way to patch up the dash when I hack it up, but I'm up for the challenge. (I know how to weld, just haven't figured out how patch up the dash)

I have also heard that Skylines have quicker steering boxes, that another reason why I'm going to try and do it. The reason why I'm spending the extra for the Type II engine is because the HP rating was understated so it wouldn't get to close the the RB26DETT and it has a better head (NEO)

How come when people do RHD swaps into there 240sx, they cut the firewall out of the clip and put it into their car? How come they don't just cut the holes out of the firewall and plug up the other holes? I'd think that would be easier, but then again I haven't done it.

Some of the question I have, does anyone have a front clip from a Skyline? I was wondering how much different the all the steering is from there 240sx (Besides being on the wrong side)? Also how much bigger is the dash and the differences in the 240sx firewall and the Skyline firewall (pictures by any chance and measurements?)

Also does anyone know about the intercooler? I'm guessing that you can't use the Skyline intercooler (but I could be wrong) and also what about aftermarket intercoolers? Do they have to be custom or does anyone make a intercooler for a 240sx with an RB25DET?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2006, 10:26 PM   #2
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
the engine swap definitely HAS BEEN DONE
the firewal thing probably not because most people dont waste there time with that trash
Old 12-20-2006, 11:00 PM   #3
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
closed'ed

Closed Thread