Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 04:43 PM   #1
zspturbo
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
zspturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hi, here is my, my plans and... stuff and stuff.

Hi. Im Zach. I live in saint louis, im 16, and I own a maxima. this summer its getting sold, and Im buying a S13 hatch. Then thats getting an RB25 by the end of summer, with LSD, and I should be running mid 12s. of course Im getting other crap too, but dont worry about that. from there... who knows.

hi.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2003, 04:46 PM   #2
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
OMG! A newbie with hopes and dreams of grandeur.
Good luck on that man. Maybe you should start your quest with a visit to google before you say you're gonna drop $10k on a car.
-Jeff
Old 04-20-2003, 04:48 PM   #3
HaLo
from Canada, eh!

HaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfection
Send a message via ICQ to HaLo Send a message via AIM to HaLo Send a message via MSN to HaLo
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff240sx
OMG! A newbie with hopes and dreams of grandeur.
Good luck on that man. Maybe you should start your quest with a visit to google before you say you're gonna drop $10k on a car.
-Jeff
Wouldn'T it be more than 10k$?
SOLD: 01 GPW Honda S2000
PARTED: 93 Pearl White 240SX LE Fastback w/SR20DET
SOLD: 93 Super White 240SX SE Convertible w/Silvia Front
Old 04-20-2003, 04:51 PM   #4
zspturbo
BANNED

I was one of the founding members at www.club240.com.

also, it wont be more than 10k, I can get an RB25 front clip for 3k-

oh, and I was on FA for 6 months, but I left cause the forum format SUCKED.

Last edited by sykikchimp; 04-21-2003 at 01:29 PM..
Old 04-20-2003, 04:56 PM   #5
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
FA has the best tech information, bar none, don't discount it just 'cause you don't like the forum software.
Old 04-20-2003, 05:00 PM   #6
zspturbo
BANNED

oh, dont get me wrong, when I have a Q on something that other people cant answer, thats where I go, im just not a member of the community really.
Old 04-20-2003, 05:03 PM   #7
crioten
"buddy jesus"

crioten is making a name for him/her selfcrioten is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to crioten
hey man, i live in st louis too, actually in chesterfield. my emails [email protected] if you want any info on what some of us are planning for meet ups and all that...what highschool do you go to?

-glen
I'd rather take the bus with a bus-full of AIDS infected naked rape convicts than drive a VW.
Old 04-20-2003, 05:04 PM   #8
ichiro

ichiro is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont think it will happen. just like most 240sx owners, they always say **** will be done to their car, most dont go through with it
Old 04-20-2003, 05:06 PM   #9
CoasTek240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
CoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CoasTek240
Quote:
Originally posted by ichiro
i dont think it will happen. just like most 240sx owners, they always say **** will be done to their car, most dont go through with it
what the hell was the point of reply?.....

good luck on ur dreams dude. hopefully we can help ya out.
Old 04-20-2003, 05:07 PM   #10
zspturbo
BANNED

I go to ladue. AIM me, I have trillian, my sn is ZSPturbo. I dont email alot, but my addy is [email protected]. I try to check it once a day, but dont be suprised if u email me and the response takes a couple days. Lets chill some time, I havent ridden in a swapped 240 in a long time.

anyways, you can be skeptical if you want, but just cause im new to this forum doesnt mean I new to.... well.... anything besides this forum.
Old 04-20-2003, 07:36 PM   #11
Eternal_240Sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Eternal_240Sx is making a name for him/her selfEternal_240Sx is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ok..everyone take nice deep breaths..in...out...in...out... now calm the f down
Old 04-20-2003, 07:42 PM   #12
AceInHole
Autox Technician

AceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfection
Welcome to the boards.

I'm wondering where you're getting the clip from... my friend is looking at getting his from venus-auto. Supposedly he's having it shipped to his gf's father's business then trucking it to his house where we're supposed to work on it over summer.

Big question though: are you going to be using the R33 crossmember or making motor mounts?? I've heard of clearance problems with using the R33 crossmember, things such as STB's not clearing and such.

Finally, please keep flames and insults private, using PM's, Instant Messanging, or e-mail. Continuation of flames and insults in this thread will get it locked.
Old 04-20-2003, 07:45 PM   #13
zspturbo
BANNED

anyways, my guy says that the r33 crossmember fits just fine, but im gonna grill him a little for info after hearing this. also, what is STB? I havent slept in 30 hours, so my brain is on the fritz. how much are you getting yours for? mine should be between 2900 and 3100. ful front clip.

Last edited by sykikchimp; 04-21-2003 at 02:57 PM..
Old 04-20-2003, 07:58 PM   #14
masta
Zilvia Member

masta is an unknown quantity at this point
Goes to show that newbies are not determined by post counts alone. I am still a newbie even though I have little bit of posts because I have yet to own my 240. zspturbo does not appear to be like me.

BTW good luck with your RB project. Keep the peace!
Old 04-20-2003, 07:59 PM   #15
zspturbo
BANNED

dude, im a major newbie. im just a newbie who knows people who arent.
Old 04-20-2003, 08:04 PM   #16
AceInHole
Autox Technician

AceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally posted by zspturbo
I get pi$$ed off when people who are wrong think they are right. and he was VERY wrong. argument over. no flaming.

anyways, my guy says that the r33 crossmember fits just fine, but im gonna grill him a little for info after hearing this. also, what is STB? I havent slept in 30 hours, so my brain is on the fritz. how much are you getting yours for? mine should be between 2900 and 3100. ful front clip.
STB = strut tower bar. It's just something I've read from previous discussions on RB swaps. That and the shifter placement are fairly common subjects of argument.

From what I hear, the R33 crossmember works, but the engine sits higher than it "should", and the shifter placement is slightly off. The person you referred to and linked to earlier was actually in those discussions, the other end was Dennis of Unstable Hybrids, IIRC.
Old 04-20-2003, 08:10 PM   #17
masta
Zilvia Member

masta is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
dude, im a major newbie. im just a newbie who knows people who arent.
[Takes foot out of mouth]
Old 04-20-2003, 08:23 PM   #18
lbcklik1486
Zilvia Junkie

lbcklik1486 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bro, I'm not in the st. louis area, but I'm 17 and saving for an RB for in the summer. I think for the crossmember, instead just get motor mounts from venus-auto, so that the stb fits. I've been researching the rb swap for quite some time and finally going to put my thoughts into actions. How are you paying for all this, are you getting loans from people or just working your ass off? I'm working 30 hrs a week now but when school gets off, I have another summer job, so it'll be around 60hrs Well, good luck man, us young'ns got to stick 2gether. Oh, one other thing, what are you going to do about your ps and ps lines?

-Jay
Old 04-20-2003, 08:29 PM   #19
zspturbo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally posted by lbcklik1486
Bro, I'm not in the st. louis area, but I'm 17 and saving for an RB for in the summer. I think for the crossmember, instead just get motor mounts from venus-auto, so that the stb fits. I've been researching the rb swap for quite some time and finally going to put my thoughts into actions. How are you paying for all this, are you getting loans from people or just working your ass off? I'm working 30 hrs a week now but when school gets off, I have another summer job, so it'll be around 60hrs Well, good luck man, us young'ns got to stick 2gether. Oh, one other thing, what are you going to do about your ps and ps lines?

-Jay
I got 2k in the bank, and a car I can sell for 5k. and a job soon. I dont know, I only started researching a couple weeks ago, and im so busy that I dont have alot of time to research. I been meaning to register on here for weeks. but I might bet the venus mounts, I dont know, whatever. I need some sleep. what the hell are ps and ps lines?
Old 04-20-2003, 08:31 PM   #20
AceInHole
Autox Technician

Quote:
what the hell are ps and ps lines?
PS = power steering.
Old 04-20-2003, 08:37 PM   #21
lbcklik1486
Zilvia Junkie

lbcklik1486 is an unknown quantity at this point
AHHH, aceinthehole, you beat me to it! I have about a grand saved up now, and am getting a 5K loan.

Wouldn'T it be more than 10k$?

It could... I'm getting my 240 in about 2 weeks, he's selling it for 1K!!!!!!! 90, perfect shell, except for the trunk(hatch), and mint engine at 105K. Then the engine... thats about 3200 when all the shipping is said and done. Then, mounts~500, wiring~500, dp, exhaust, etc... it adds up, so all in all, hopefully it will be lower than 10K and more in the range of 7K.. god I'm hoping at least

-Jay
Old 04-20-2003, 11:00 PM   #22
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by crioten
hey man, i live in st louis too, actually in chesterfield.
-glen
w00t! Chesterfield/Ballwin respresent!
heheh I went to MHS for a few years..
Old 04-20-2003, 11:54 PM   #23
SilviaDriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
SilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enoughSilviaDriver will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SilviaDriver
ur a founder of a club and u dont even know some newbie stuff like STB or PS lines. sad

also with Night..i have not see any videos or watever of his car starting up. nor do i see a time slip of his 12 second run.

also lets note. becuz he ran "12 seconds" doesnt mean ull run 12s all cars are diff. he might of gain 4hp or something..u migh of only gained 1hp.

dont base anything on somebody elses car..cuz urs is not the same.
Old 04-21-2003, 05:46 AM   #24
zspturbo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally posted by SilviaDriver
ur a founder of a club and u dont even know some newbie stuff like STB or PS lines. sad
I hadnt slept in a long time. and I was confused by the "ps and ps lines" whats the first ps for? bla. meh. huh. wha? jigga who?
Old 04-21-2003, 07:32 AM   #25
crioten
"buddy jesus"

crioten is making a name for him/her selfcrioten is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to crioten
lol mrmephistopheles im going to mhs right now, i cant wait to graduate in like a month!!! what year did you go there?
I'd rather take the bus with a bus-full of AIDS infected naked rape convicts than drive a VW.
Old 04-21-2003, 09:48 AM   #26
drifties151
Zilvia Member

drifties151 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to drifties151
a friend of mine had an Rb s13 hatch... he used an R33 crossmember and there was no way in hell a STB was fitting... he actually had trouble shutting his hood w. the intercooler piping. and also with the transmission... im convinced there is something special you have to do during the swap becuz when i drilled 3rd gear i think i broke my knuckle on his ashtray... shifter/transmission dint sit right at all im assuming, sat very forward. who knows why that was... ne ways what does it matter, now its just another wrecked 240 sitting in a junkyard, another victim of DWI.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:36 PM   #27
AceInHole
Autox Technician

Quote:
Originally posted by SilviaDriver
I was always under the impression that the founders of www.club240.com were a couple brothers, one with a turbo 2.5RS, the other had a '97 240sx (which is now totalled). Both live in the DC area.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:41 PM   #28
ca18guy
Premium Member

ca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfection
I'm afraid to ask cause it will probably spawn another page or so of crap, but how does a 16 year old go about financing all this?
Old 04-21-2003, 01:43 PM   #29
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
I think he meant he was one of the original members. That board hasn't been around that long, so he probably was.

I joined that board when it was first built too. Think I was like member # 33 or something. BAH, doesn't matter, I never posted there but for like 2 weeks.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:57 PM   #30
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally posted by crioten
lol mrmephistopheles im going to mhs right now, i cant wait to graduate in like a month!!! what year did you go there?
Hahaha I went for 2.5 years from late '94 to '97 I got my letter jacket and class ring from there, even though I wasn't able to graduate from there. If you would, say hi to Mrs. Hobin for me. She was one of the best teachers I had there. If she doesn't remember me too well, remind her that she wrote me a letter of recommendation to the Naval Academy.
MHS was a nice school. Do they still have the trailer park out front?

-Kevin (Pratt)
Closed Thread