Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 04:05 AM   #1
91SuperS13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
91SuperS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
if you want a skyline so badly, just move to Canada! Tune your skyline, smoke some dank canadian grass, and go do your best smokey nagata impression on the freeway! Problem sloved....

otherwise, bust out your sex grease and keep jerkin'! Or go about importing one correctly and spend the 80-90 large on a 10-16 year old car.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #2
celm
Banned from the Marketplace

celm is an unknown quantity at this point
Dustin Westberry of Largo Fl,was doing the titles for Kaizo untill the state stoped him from doing it.He still took $ from kaizo for titles and didnt title anything,so he robbed from kaizo.The kaizo cars in cali that got seized were not titled and reg in cali,they were done in other states.the only way they could of find those cars was for someone to tell them where they were.so the one who ratted was Dustin Westberry .Dustan had copies of all the kaizo titles he did and he knew where the kaizo cars were.When DOT and customs spoke with Dustin months before the kaizo raid,he gave them all the copies and locations.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:03 PM   #3
97240TB
Zilvia Junkie

97240TB is an unknown quantity at this point
I have to agree, tear the car down and rebuild it as a weekend car, otherwise you have no choice but to hand it over. There's so much red tape anymore with cars and importation regulations there's just no point anymore.

Part of me feels like our government is stripping people of these vehicles because they weren't built stateside. they feel like our "Local" manufacturers are suffering and can't give cars away. i.e. -Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge and so on.

I understand these cars were illegally imported and those incharge should be disciplined for their actions, But I believe our government has more important things to be concerned with then someone driving a vehicle which was illegally imported. It's alot like attacking a man for J-walking when theirs a guy down the street stealing a neighbors T.V. Sad day when enthusiasts can't enjoy the cars of their dreams simply because of a few individuals in GOV who can't find something better to do with their lives.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #4
mysync

mysync is an unknown quantity at this point
so sad, the US gets jipped on everything. We need to learn from europeans.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:29 PM   #5
XnTroubleX
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
XnTroubleX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I think that the massive amounts of money spent on this investigation and man power to complete this task would have been more beneficial if it was spent on anti-terrorism security or educational purposes for our children. There are so many schools that could have used this money on buying new books, or learning curriculum material! They should have used this money to fund more border patrol agents to keep drugs out of the reach of children. Or even spending it to increase security in schools to keep children safe from that one kid who was not liked enough and decides to come to school with a gun. But instead, their wasting money by removing cars just cause they dont pass standards of American government. When was the last time that a skyline hijacked an airplane and crashed it into two major buildings? When was the last time that a Skyline walked into a school and killed 20 children? When was the last time a skyline set off a roadside bomb? This is a complete waste of money!
Old 01-09-2010, 07:43 PM   #6
celm

Quote:
Originally Posted by XnTroubleX View Post
I think that the massive amounts of money spent on this investigation and man power to complete this task would have been more beneficial if it was spent on anti-terrorism security or educational purposes for our children. There are so many schools that could have used this money on buying new books, or learning curriculum material! They should have used this money to fund more border patrol agents to keep drugs out of the reach of children. Or even spending it to increase security in schools to keep children safe from that one kid who was not liked enough and decides to come to school with a gun. But instead, their wasting money by removing cars just cause they dont pass standards of American government. When was the last time that a skyline hijacked an airplane and crashed it into two major buildings? When was the last time that a Skyline walked into a school and killed 20 children? When was the last time a skyline set off a roadside bomb? This is a complete waste of money!
i hear you man
Old 01-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #7
JdmGtDriver
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (28)
JdmGtDriver can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JdmGtDriver Send a message via Yahoo to JdmGtDriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by celm View Post
i hear you man
+1 bro I feel you
Old 12-28-2011, 04:02 PM   #8
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
Quote:
Originally Posted by XnTroubleX View Post
^ This is truth and I agree with it. So many people are supporting the wrong priority. Education, Security, Industtry, stupid stuff. that's the order every goverment should be spending their money.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:55 PM   #9
celm

think about it,every timethey go and seize a car from someone out side of the port.the $ spent for investigation,money spend for the man power,getting the agents out to the location and bring the impoud truck in,warrents,paperwork,etc...then its transported to a customs warehouse,they inventory it,post it on there website for auction.and they make it that the car has to be exported out of the country.so it will sell for pennies on teh dollar.for what that car sold for at auction.doesnt even cover the cost of gettimg the impound truck to go get the car.so how many tens of thousands of dollars were spent to take someones car.when that $ could of gone to something that can benifit the american people.i hate this country!!
Old 01-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #10
oni jake
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
oni jake is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
What? If you guys really "feel" that way. When the last time you guys went out and voted? When was the last time you took a active step in voicing your opinion? When was the last time you wrote your congressman or senator? You guys do realize they need public opinion to survive in any office they are running, so even if they personally don't agree with your voice, they are still basically required to give you attention.

Secondly, this money that is for the FEDs is pipelined and locked within a budget. These rules are in place to keep money from being transferred, untracked, and gives a specific budget justification.

For example. Lets say the FBI needs a average of $10 per year to operate. But because of the tight budget and fighting with other government organizations to get the most amount of money in the same pot which everyone feeds off of, the FBI must come up with sort of justification why it needs $10 for a up and coming year which no one can predict the future. Sometimes with how things are so unpredictable a entire organization, such as the FBI, only used $7 out of the entire year. So that extra $3 is basically locked and MUST be spent before the end of the fiscal year. This money can't go to other notable things because it's completely unethical. In short it sounds awesome to donate that money to find the cure for AIDS or something like buying school books, but in reality and dealing with any kind of law, any government organization giving money away is a complete waste as you can simply say, "why did we budget you $10 for the entire year in the first place?"

It's retarded but that's how the system fundamentally works for a government to move ahead in the fiscal year. I only know of this because I helped do some budgeting for my job in the Air Force and as much as it upset me at first to waste money, the more I looked into the more it makes sense. Whenever we hit the end of the fiscal year in Vehicle Maintenance and we had left over spare cash we would splurge on completely useless shit. Random $5000 tools that look awesome on paper and get absolutely zero action in the shop? We would have to spend our budget or the next year we get even less money to do our jobs as the number crunchers sit back and think "well they did need $10 last year, so lets just give them $5 this year."

Hopefully all that rambling makes sense. But seriously, if this bothers any of you, bitching about it on the internet, especially Zilvia really really really really accomplishes alot. Take 10 minutes out of your day and write your representing congressman, email the media, take proactive steps. The FBI is paid by people like you, me, and even the foreign assholes who come into the US and buy a Snickers bar. These guys have bosses, and just so be it thanks to democracy these bosses represent you.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:53 PM   #11
engineer17

engineer17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by oni jake View Post
What? If you guys really "feel" that way. When the last time you guys went out and voted? When was the last time you took a active step in voicing your opinion? When was the last time you wrote your congressman or senator? You guys do realize they need public opinion to survive in any office they are running, so even if they personally don't agree with your voice, they are still basically required to give you attention.

Secondly, this money that is for the FEDs is pipelined and locked within a budget. These rules are in place to keep money from being transferred, untracked, and gives a specific budget justification.

For example. Lets say the FBI needs a average of $10 per year to operate. But because of the tight budget and fighting with other government organizations to get the most amount of money in the same pot which everyone feeds off of, the FBI must come up with sort of justification why it needs $10 for a up and coming year which no one can predict the future. Sometimes with how things are so unpredictable a entire organization, such as the FBI, only used $7 out of the entire year. So that extra $3 is basically locked and MUST be spent before the end of the fiscal year. This money can't go to other notable things because it's completely unethical. In short it sounds awesome to donate that money to find the cure for AIDS or something like buying school books, but in reality and dealing with any kind of law, any government organization giving money away is a complete waste as you can simply say, "why did we budget you $10 for the entire year in the first place?"

It's retarded but that's how the system fundamentally works for a government to move ahead in the fiscal year. I only know of this because I helped do some budgeting for my job in the Air Force and as much as it upset me at first to waste money, the more I looked into the more it makes sense. Whenever we hit the end of the fiscal year in Vehicle Maintenance and we had left over spare cash we would splurge on completely useless shit. Random $5000 tools that look awesome on paper and get absolutely zero action in the shop? We would have to spend our budget or the next year we get even less money to do our jobs as the number crunchers sit back and think "well they did need $10 last year, so lets just give them $5 this year."

Hopefully all that rambling makes sense. But seriously, if this bothers any of you, bitching about it on the internet, especially Zilvia really really really really accomplishes alot. Take 10 minutes out of your day and write your representing congressman, email the media, take proactive steps. The FBI is paid by people like you, me, and even the foreign assholes who come into the US and buy a Snickers bar. These guys have bosses, and just so be it thanks to democracy these bosses represent you.

well put, and thanks for the info. I think this was enough to get me motivated to atleast write some letters/emails and see where it gets me.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:55 PM   #12
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by oni jake View Post

Well said (entire post)

It's tough for people to understand how federally based budgets work, but (have done similar work as you did with the miltiary), it must be spent...as if it's not, it's essentially 'thrown away'...in the grand scheme, it's better to buy stuff you may not need, than just make XXX dollar vanish into nothingness.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 01-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #13
RB24_S14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
RB24_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I really hope the Skyline owners find a way to keep it. I feel bad for the fellow skyline owners who got their cars seized. Luck to ya!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #14
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
man if I got a letter like that saying they were gonna take my skyline I'd hide it and say I crashed it and it got burned to the ground...maybe give them a crushed, torched POS car and tell them it was my old skyline
Old 01-12-2010, 12:43 PM   #15
Miles (San Antonio)

There is a good article on this in Nissan Sport magazine.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #16
MonkeyWrench

MonkeyWrench will become famous soon enoughMonkeyWrench will become famous soon enoughMonkeyWrench will become famous soon enoughMonkeyWrench will become famous soon enough
...a little update...

Another Skyline Owner Targeted

Time to "lie low", guys. Or better yet, get involved.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #17
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
who cares

I am not a rich douche bag. if you bought and illegal car you should be prepared to face the music.

if you were stupid enough to pay 20-30k on a grey market car then whatever happens, happens
Old 03-02-2011, 08:15 PM   #18
240Shwag
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
240Shwag is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I could see them holding the vehicles until they can be disposed of legaly (ie sold), but to crush them is just retarded. It doesn't make sense. They could in theory make some of the money back by allowing the owners to dispose of them and then assessing a fee of some kind.

As said above. The more you hold your opinion back and chuckle about what your government agencies have recently done without doing something yourself, the worse it will get. Get active son. This is why states like California and NJ have lost the majority of its firearms rights.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:09 PM   #19
MonkeyWrench

MonkeyWrench will become famous soon enoughMonkeyWrench will become famous soon enoughMonkeyWrench will become famous soon enoughMonkeyWrench will become famous soon enough
Well-said, Shwag.

What the previous poster doesn't comprehend is this: Next thing is, they'll be taking away your right to drive a 20-year old USDM car. Or prohibiting any modifications.

Try and pay attention. No one said anything about anyone being "rich" or a douchebag. I suppose you'd think that of me if you saw my garage, and I can assure you that I am neither.

Last edited by MonkeyWrench; 03-02-2011 at 09:09 PM.. Reason: I can't spell for shit
Old 03-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #20
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Shwag View Post
I could see them holding the vehicles until they can be disposed of legaly (ie sold), but to crush them is just retarded. It doesn't make sense. They could in theory make some of the money back by allowing the owners to dispose of them and then assessing a fee of some kind.
They can't be legally sold. Usually you get an opportunity to export it. But, it can't stay in the US legally. Crushing is the most efficient and cost effective.

Do you want them to give the drug dealers back their drugs after they have been seized?
Old 03-09-2011, 02:58 AM   #21
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
They can't be legally sold. Usually you get an opportunity to export it. But, it can't stay in the US legally. Crushing is the most efficient and cost effective.

Do you want them to give the drug dealers back their drugs after they have been seized?
Giving a drug back and giving a car back is different
Old 03-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #22
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb25_s13*CHUKI View Post
Giving a drug back and giving a car back is different
No it's not, both are illegal.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:12 AM   #23
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
No it's not, both are illegal.
one Is a more serious offense than the other I can bet my life on that. You wont get In the same trouble for $30000 car as you would $30000 worth of coke or crack. What your comparing Isn't the same. Your more thank likely to get back your 30k over your 30k worth of crack.

One kills you and affects others and kids. While the other being the car doesn't affect shit. You can't compare a drug to a car

sorry Mr. mod you loose this battle
Old 03-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #24
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
In the grand scheme of things, I think it's an overwhelming waste of Uncle Sam's dollar....but at the same moment I do understand 100% that it is not legal.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 03-03-2011, 10:12 AM   #25
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
who cares about this shit, its ancient history

for one, these cars can always be imported as track only cars... right? RIGHT. because they dont need to meet shits worth of standards, OBD-2? more like OBD-0... crash bars, etc etc.. its all pointless if its for track, which is what it should be.

people go through all this trouble to have a fucking ancient dated ass old car. even the headlights on that r33 make me puke, the shitty RHD halogen ones... which i might add, are completely unsafe and unfit for street use much like the s13 silvia lights all you fucktards are running. if you want to dance, you gotta pay the piper. go through all the fucking hoops to make these cars safe to use on the street. unless you're delivering mail, theres no point to having a RHD car in a country where LHD are the standard. theres no cool factor about it, there have been countless tests showing that there are safety risks involved with driving on the right hand side in this country.

these cars are not rare and not special, they're as universal as the fucking corvette in the States. leave it to the playstation generation to get all emo over a shitty old sportscar. want a gtr? buy a new one. they suck anyway.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #26
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
there have been countless tests showing that there are safety risks involved with driving on the right hand side in this country.
Having driven a GTiR Pulsar around (RHD) a few years back, I'll be the first to admit how SHITTY is is driving one. Vantage points are all wacky, blindspots become SUPER pronounced and in general it's a bigger PITA than it's worth. Sure you can 'drive around it' but I'd rather not need to 'deal with stupid shit' on my fun car.

Quote:
want a gtr? buy a new one. they suck anyway.
Now now, they are quite fun on track. Especially because you can actually listen to the radio and have the heated seats on.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:04 AM   #27
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Quote:
who cares about this shit, its ancient history

for one, these cars can always be imported as track only cars... right? RIGHT. because they dont need to meet shits worth of standards, OBD-2? more like OBD-0... crash bars, etc etc.. its all pointless if its for track, which is what it should be.

people go through all this trouble to have a fucking ancient dated ass old car. even the headlights on that r33 make me puke, the shitty RHD halogen ones... which i might add, are completely unsafe and unfit for street use much like the s13 silvia lights all you fucktards are running. if you want to dance, you gotta pay the piper. go through all the fucking hoops to make these cars safe to use on the street. unless you're delivering mail, theres no point to having a RHD car in a country where LHD are the standard. theres no cool factor about it, there have been countless tests showing that there are safety risks involved with driving on the right hand side in this country.

these cars are not rare and not special, they're as universal as the fucking corvette in the States. leave it to the playstation generation to get all emo over a shitty old sportscar. want a gtr? buy a new one. they suck anyway.
These cars are rare over here, what world do u live in? Why are people so nuts over a shitty old 240sx with a piece of shit ka engine? Cause they like it.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:20 AM   #28
2000gtx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
2000gtx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
the skyline is not a drug ......it is a peice of metal and plastic...we live in america we should be allowed to drive wtf we want ....so a f150 is more safe to drive? its meets emmision regulations thats all....our gov is a bunch of ass^&%$ we pay taxes ....let us do what we want...i wish somebody that is taking these cars away can explain in detail why it is so dangerous for us to have......but yet you can legally get pot now in ca?
Old 03-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #29
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
LOL you guys are hilarious. This should not be on the priority list of the government, they are singling out such a very small minority which has no negative effect on society.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #30
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
so sad.

i voted.

nothing changed.

actually shit only got worse.

good luck in life...
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Closed Thread