Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-28-2008, 05:19 AM   #211
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRas View Post
Which tein coilovers are these?

Tein super drift
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2008, 05:48 AM   #212
300hp owen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS240 View Post
I know I don't need 335s, but the bigger the better.

If something's worth doing, it's worth going overboard haha.

Thanks for all the help.
-Layne
I have an LS1FC and I would say you are by far just fine with a 265 front and 285 rear as long as you go with a high quality tire and you can fit those widths under stock S14 bodywork if you run wheels with deep enough offsets to keep them close to the suspension. if you can, run an 18" wheel so you can get some of the short O.D. tires like the 285/30R18 that is wide but short so you have more space to work with compared to some of the taller O.D. tires out there. 18x9.5 front and 18x10.5 rear is pretty damn nice for an S14.

GSracer you have run some wide setups, wow! I love those pics, I hope to snag another S14 so I can LS1 it and run a wide tire setup... I'm surprised you ran such a low offset in the rear, you could have fit even more tire under those rolled/pulled fenders (like a 315) had you ran a +30 offset, right?
Old 02-28-2008, 06:17 AM   #213
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Some of those pics are of 315's under pulled fenders.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:25 AM   #214
LS240
Zilvia Member

LS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really niceLS240 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300hp owen View Post
I have an LS1FC and I would say you are by far just fine with a 265 front and 285 rear as long as you go with a high quality tire and you can fit those widths under stock S14 bodywork if you run wheels with deep enough offsets to keep them close to the suspension. if you can, run an 18" wheel so you can get some of the short O.D. tires like the 285/30R18 that is wide but short so you have more space to work with compared to some of the taller O.D. tires out there. 18x9.5 front and 18x10.5 rear is pretty damn nice for an S14.
Thanks. It's good to have some first-hand info from somebody with an LS1-equipped car. I'm thinking 265/35R18 front, 295/35R18 rear BFGoodrich KDW2 tires on Volk RE30s sized 18x9.5+15f and 18x10.5+18r, or Nismo LMGT4s sized 18x9.5+12f and 18x10.5+15r, both Bronze in color. Leaning heavily towards the RE30s.

Owen, you have any pictures of your LS1FC? I don't think people would mind an FC sneaking into this thread if it helps keep it going, as long as it's maximum-fitment caliber.

Thanks.
-Layne
LS240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:09 AM   #215
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
285/35/18 can be done as well for better size fitment, it is a shorter tire than a 265/30/18
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:26 AM   #216
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

I have some pictures of re30's on my car in those exact wheel and tire sizes. I'll post them up when I get home.

Also I can tell you with my 280/280 whp wtq v8 I can spin the 295's and 315's easily from a roll in first and even second gear on throttle only.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:36 AM   #217
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
^lol damn... and thats with a nissan v8 right? Not ls1? Yikes.. Plus its an s14 which is heavier than fc if im not mistaken... weirdness... maybe the compound sucks?
Old 02-28-2008, 10:40 AM   #218
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

My car is right around 2600 lbs with the cage.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:43 AM   #219
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by godzillarb View Post
YOUR CHASSIS: S14

Most people don't even notice the tires because of how clean the widebody is... with higher offset I could stuff some 335s back there.

Did you mold the fenders to the car? If so, what method? Rivets/bondo or what?
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:23 AM   #220
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ahmed View Post
285/35/18 can be done as well for better size fitment, it is a shorter tire than a 265/30/18
a 285/35 is not shorter than a 265/30.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:56 PM   #221
300hp owen
Zilvia Junkie

300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS240 View Post
Thanks. It's good to have some first-hand info from somebody with an LS1-equipped car. I'm thinking 265/35R18 front, 295/35R18 rear BFGoodrich KDW2 tires on Volk RE30s sized 18x9.5+15f and 18x10.5+18r, or Nismo LMGT4s sized 18x9.5+12f and 18x10.5+15r, both Bronze in color. Leaning heavily towards the RE30s.

Owen, you have any pictures of your LS1FC? I don't think people would mind an FC sneaking into this thread if it helps keep it going, as long as it's maximum-fitment caliber.

Thanks.
-Layne
I would think you'd want to fit a lower offset out back to give you the chance at running as wide a tire as possible... unless youre gonna push a 335 wide and run some 50mm rear overfenders. I have seen 17x10 +40 offset fit a 275 out back on a stock bodied S14 so there is a ton of room inboard, dont let it go to waste, use it to your benefit and run a 315 on a +35 to +25 offset or whatever you'd need, I think the +15 is kinda lame as it requires a lot more work and time to fit it well (clearance).

yeah I have a shit-ton of pics of my LS1FC, here are some with the 295/30r18 rears and 285/30r18 fronts on 18x10s all around and some widebody activities I love these tires and the sizes, theyre barely 25" tall so there is plenty of room for clearance and the car can be run very low as well, so much better than when I had 285r/275f in 17" kumho MXs those were some damn tall tires.

I think with a 265/35 and then a 285/30 or 295/30 you would be rockin!

http://web.mac.com/owen_the_soyboy/iWeb/Site/fc3s%20ssr%20sp1.html
and
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2273797

Old 02-28-2008, 01:11 PM   #222
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

I be been thinking of getting some 18 by 12.5 +40 so I can "stretch" some 315's on there LOL then people would shut up ha ha.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:32 PM   #223
atutt
Zilvia Addict

atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
^Please don't ruin your sexy machine by doing that lol.
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 03:18 PM   #224
a_ahmed
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
a 285/35 is not shorter than a 265/30.

That was meant to say 265/35/18 and 285/30/18 not other way around i had long day lol...
Old 02-28-2008, 03:22 PM   #225
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

carbon black volk re30s in 18x9.5+15f and 18x10.5+18r 265/295 kumho mx
looked a bit to sunk imho

Old 02-28-2008, 03:24 PM   #226
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
^ I was gonna get those, but decided against it... Think the RPF1s actually look better...
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 03:28 PM   #227
punch
Leaky Injector

punch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsracer View Post
carbon black volk re30s in 18x9.5+15f and 18x10.5+18r 265/295 kumho mx
looked a bit to sunk imho

It looks sunken in because you did a pretty good pull. With virgin quarters it will fit the wheel fine with a slight pull/roll?
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 03:28 PM   #228
a_ahmed
BANNED

wow those are frickin hot.. amazing.

Do rpf1s come in black i wonder if anyone has them in that sort of black?
Old 02-28-2008, 03:30 PM   #229
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch View Post
It looks sunken in because you did a pretty good pull. With virgin quarters it will fit the wheel fine with a slight pull/roll?
The man arrives post pics of your hotness. Im sure yours will blow people away as you have an s13 so its much more hardcore...... biatch
Old 02-28-2008, 03:36 PM   #230
spool_sample
Zilvia Member

spool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond repute
Well, gsracer just owned everyone in this thread.

I yield.
spool_sample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #231
punch
Leaky Injector

punch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the roughpunch is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsracer View Post
The man arrives post pics of your hotness. Im sure yours will blow people away as you have an s13 so its much more hardcore...... biatch
Ha ha...soon. I just need to go to the shop to take pics.
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:20 PM   #232
DarkPhoenix
Zilvia Member

DarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdDarkPhoenix is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to DarkPhoenix Send a message via AIM to DarkPhoenix
So much rubber!!! Makes me think I am on the set on one of those 400 guy gangbangs!!

This is making me happy to know that I am not the only guy who wants wide rubber under their fenders.

Gives me inspisration.

Lotsa people with sandy holes on the interwebs!!

DarkPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:50 PM   #233
a_ahmed
BANNED

lol welcome My intention with this thread was to attract like-minded individuals Extreme stretching is the new rice hehe.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:26 AM   #234
300hp owen
Zilvia Junkie

fugging A those carbon black RE30s are sick!
just sick.

yeah I think it looks a little sunken only because your car is so low, so it has mad neg. camber and the fenders are rolled/pulled a ton. on stock fenders it would be pretty sick.

lovely wheel / tire combo I must say, wow.

yes please do a 12.5 wide setup with a 315 on it, that would be awesome.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:57 AM   #235
bigblak06

bigblak06 is an unknown quantity at this point
check these out

15x10 -38 offset

bigblak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:08 AM   #236
a_ahmed
BANNED

^wtf is that? No rubber!
Old 02-29-2008, 09:38 AM   #237
dogg4217
Leaky Injector

dogg4217 will become famous soon enoughdogg4217 will become famous soon enoughdogg4217 will become famous soon enoughdogg4217 will become famous soon enough
I have the same type of wheels for my JEEP WRANGLER
dogg4217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:47 AM   #238
godzillarb
Zilvia Junkie

godzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta240 View Post
Did you mold the fenders to the car? If so, what method? Rivets/bondo or what?
I had a body shop do it, they riveted the fenders on then fiberglassed them in.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:53 AM   #239
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogg4217 View Post
I have the same type of wheels for my JEEP WRANGLER
wouldn't be surprising. Cherokees at least are 5x114.3.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:37 PM   #240
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblak06 View Post
15x10 -38 offset

wtf those look like 19s