Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-07-2010, 01:20 PM   #3601
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Anyone know where to buy replacement metal clips that hold the ac bezel on?

Old 12-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #3602
TheEightyNine

Trader Rating: (1)
TheEightyNine is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
Where can I get 16 or 18 guage Wire, 30Amp toggle switch or button, (2)Male and (5)Female blade connectors? My friend wants me to help him put in a toggle switch to do the lazy eyes to his headlights.
-frys
-radioshack
-maybe some hardware stores
TheEightyNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:56 PM   #3603
ExtaZ33

ExtaZ33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is there a go-to thread here on Zilvia to learn about cage setups? Would like one as a winter project.
ExtaZ33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:00 PM   #3604
willievo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
willievo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to willievo
need some help with some problems.

s13 Dohc. stock

1st problem is the gas gause doesnt seem to work any ideas? ive check all the fuses and even replaced them. everything else on the gauge works

2nd is my brake lights turn on but when i pres down on the pedal they dont light up. any sugestions?
Old 12-07-2010, 06:03 PM   #3605
Urbanfer
Leaky Injector

Urbanfer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Urbanfer
My brake lights stay on even when the car is off all other lights are off keys are not in the ignition i tried resetting the ecu taking out the battery plugs then put them back and still on its draining my batt any help please
Urbanfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:21 PM   #3606
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanfer View Post
My brake lights stay on even when the car is off all other lights are off keys are not in the ignition i tried resetting the ecu taking out the battery plugs then put them back and still on its draining my batt any help please
Check your brake pedal switch, there's a penny sized rubber bushing on the pedal that might have broken off. Were there any pieces on your carpet? If so, that might've been the rubber bushing.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:24 PM   #3607
Urbanfer
Leaky Injector

Urbanfer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Urbanfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
Check your brake pedal switch, there's a penny sized rubber bushing on the pedal that might have broken off. Were there any pieces on your carpet? If so, that might've been the rubber bushing.
yeah i noticed something black on the mat.... what should i do now?
Urbanfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:43 PM   #3608
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
i plan on painting my car at maaco sometime this week or next week. how long should i wait after i get my car back to start driving?

i plan on driving back to san jose by next weekend for semester break, and I do plan on taping my car before i head back.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #3609
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Go to Nissan and ask for the pedal switches, tell them that your brake light won't turn off.

Get under your dash, locate the switch and and place the new rubber on the pedal arm
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:24 PM   #3610
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
I just picked up an older Blitz BLM boost gauge since I got a deal on it. I was looking into just selling it soon and dishing out the cash for a set of gauges. I really want the Newer Blitz BLM gauge, but most places I look they are becoming discontinued..Are they pretty much history and I should just pick up a set of defi gauges?
Old 12-07-2010, 11:27 PM   #3611
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
go to the junkyard and snatch it up. super glue it on.

Last edited by WERDdabuilder; 12-08-2010 at 01:17 AM..
WERDdabuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:24 AM   #3612
240boost

Trader Rating: (0)
240boost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Flip foward hood

Has anyone done a flip forward hood on a 240sx? or does anyone know if there is a good right up on a flip forward hood setup?
240boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:48 AM   #3613
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinEuros View Post
Will silvia sideskirts and valences fit my hatch?

The sideskirts will fit, the valences won't. Sell the valences to me. Also, those are 180sx sideskirts pictured, not coupe.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:06 AM   #3614
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240boost View Post
Has anyone done a flip forward hood on a 240sx? or does anyone know if there is a good right up on a flip forward hood setup?
Flip Forward is a horrible design. It was/is primarily used on cars with "clam shells" where the hood and fenders are one and it would be structurally stressful to support traditional opening.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:08 AM   #3615
xBtony
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
xBtony is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Whats the best timming setting for a single cam ka, if im lookin for only performance? I know stock is 15BTDC but i know u can advance or retard it slightly to get a little more performance out of it. I just cant remember which one. haha
xBtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #3616
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Flip Forward is a horrible design. It was/is primarily used on cars with "clam shells" where the hood and fenders are one and it would be structurally stressful to support traditional opening.
It was quite popular for a time as a "Safety Hood" in that if your hood latch were to fail while driving, the hood wouldn't flip up and block your sight/smash your windshield.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #3617
nismoman
Zilvia Junkie

nismoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBtony View Post
Whats the best timming setting for a single cam ka, if im lookin for only performance? I know stock is 15BTDC but i know u can advance or retard it slightly to get a little more performance out of it. I just cant remember which one. haha
Advance it three or 4 more degrees and use higher octane fuel
Old 12-08-2010, 11:48 AM   #3618
xBtony
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
xBtony is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
^Thank you.
xBtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #3619
shiftin_sideways
Leaky Injector

shiftin_sideways is an unknown quantity at this point
how do i remove the antenna from an s13 hatch? if you could find a link that would be great. trying to install a stubby antenna.
shiftin_sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #3620
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
i plan on painting my car at maaco sometime this week or next week. how long should i wait after i get my car back to start driving?

i plan on driving back to san jose by next weekend for semester break, and I do plan on taping my car before i head back.
eeeek. tape on fresh paint is no no. matter a fact...i don[t think you should wash it for a week. after that...then your good.

I had my car painted up north over the weekend, drove it home with no tape. had a few small nicks...but nothing a touch up couldn't fix.

driving home consisted of the 5 south from modesto about 340 miles.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #3621
1on1
Post Whore!

1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
^I plan on leaving to norcal next thursday/friday if i get my car into maaco on friday. I called them, and they told me if i do bring it in on friday, my car should be ready by next tuesday/wednesday.

since you say no tape on new paint, what if i just apply paper on the hood and i'll tape it on the sides. i should be fine right?
Old 12-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #3622
yingiang
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
yingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
im doing a kouki conversion on my s14...the 95-96 240 use diff bulb from 97-98...im supposed to buy hid for 97-98 so they fit in the headlight and then rewire from there right ?
yingiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:00 PM   #3623
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Why not just wait until after the road trip to get it painted?
Old 12-08-2010, 09:52 PM   #3624
JKL1031
Zilvia Junkie

JKL1031 is an unknown quantity at this point
is there a diff. between sr20 and KA engine movement DAMPERS?
JKL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:09 PM   #3625
.emerson.
Leaky Injector

.emerson. is an unknown quantity at this point
Are Bomex valances similar enough to be paired up with naVan skirts and wont look funny?
.emerson. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:45 PM   #3626
1on1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
Why not just wait until after the road trip to get it painted?
I plan on being in norcal for about a month that's why. I might just wait a day or two after i get my car painted, so the paint can settle in if anything.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:02 AM   #3627
CaptainVlad
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
CaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Has one ever mounted a wide seat like a Bride Gardis or Zero or something into an S chassis, S13 in particular.

I have a Bride Gardis and would like to know what rails work best for this? Or would I have to make some type of custom rails/seat mount?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
CaptainVlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:04 AM   #3628
ShimiBoi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
ShimiBoi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
s13 scv removal...

so i kno this has been discussed alot...and i read most of the threads..but still havent really found a clear answer. i blocked off the egr and am planning to pull off the secondary butterflies. i dnt wana take the rod out or the solenoid thing that controls them...i just wanna remove the plates. so my question is this: will removing the secondary butterflies kill my low end torque and my mpg? ive read mixed reviews...some say to just take them off since they arent on the s14 anyways and that they didnt lose torque at low end. others have said that they bog out at low rpm and idle is f*$ked up. however my friend told me that less restriction is better for power and mpg and he (from his experience) told me that u feel a slight gain across the powerband. i have a nearly stock ka24de with intake and exhaust. whats the best thing to do?

oh ya...will i pass smog without them in?
thanks in advance zilvia!
ShimiBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:17 AM   #3629
240sx123$
BANNED

240sx123$ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimiBoi View Post
so i kno this has been discussed alot...and i read most of the threads..but still havent really found a clear answer. i blocked off the egr and am planning to pull off the secondary butterflies. i dnt wana take the rod out or the solenoid thing that controls them...i just wanna remove the plates. so my question is this: will removing the secondary butterflies kill my low end torque and my mpg? ive read mixed reviews...some say to just take them off since they arent on the s14 anyways and that they didnt lose torque at low end. others have said that they bog out at low rpm and idle is f*$ked up. however my friend told me that less restriction is better for power and mpg and he (from his experience) told me that u feel a slight gain across the powerband. i have a nearly stock ka24de with intake and exhaust. whats the best thing to do?

oh ya...will i pass smog without them in?
thanks in advance zilvia!
I could go into a bunch of detail about the functions of them and about how removing them will affect your powerband, but really all you need to know is this: If youre non-turbo, leave em. If youre turbo, take em out.
240sx123$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:31 AM   #3630
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
are s15 front knuckles the same as s14 knuckles?