Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #331
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Dang, its been awhile since i talked about shoes.. its just fixing cars and having nice shoes dont go together.

Last pick up i remember

Ive been collecting since i was in middle school and the Jordan game has changed drastically.. every last pair of OG grails i had have been retroed. Such a shame to see them ruined the brandand sell itself out.

Anybody else a true OG head?
PeaceOnesxWai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #332
DRFTWHORE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
DRFTWHORE has much to be proud ofDRFTWHORE has much to be proud ofDRFTWHORE has much to be proud ofDRFTWHORE has much to be proud ofDRFTWHORE has much to be proud ofDRFTWHORE has much to be proud ofDRFTWHORE has much to be proud ofDRFTWHORE has much to be proud ofDRFTWHORE has much to be proud ofDRFTWHORE has much to be proud ofDRFTWHORE has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews

all size 10 except for the 12's (10.5) for sale all brand new pm me if interested.
DRFTWHORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #333
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
lol @ having shoes on 'ice'.

For people who actually wear their shoes, it's nice to be able to get another pair down the line in case something happens to the originals.

Brand is ruined? Nike/Jordan is as strong as ever. They are doing it right. Only people upset are self proclaimed club members and resellers.
!Zar! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #334
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
I guess I could say im og. I had my first js in 5th grade. Black and white 13s the all black with white paws. Then started collecting until high school. Had atleast 1 pair from jordan 1 to 20. I could remember js being on sale, crazy one ill never forget the olive 9s were on sale for like 60 bucks. Eventually sold them all because I got into cars and buying parts.. i just recently in the last few months got back in the game, acquired about 20 js in a span of 3 months.. but im just not into js alone. Nike dunks low tops mainly, randome nikes, i love the waffles, pumas, diesels, adidas racers, just a big sneakerhead.. ill post pics when i get back to the states, on vaca.

因果関係の流れ

Last edited by MikeisNissan; 01-24-2013 at 11:28 PM.. Reason: edited for reason:
MikeisNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #335
slamburger
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
slamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really nice
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Lets see some pics of your new collection
slamburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:22 AM   #336
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post

For people who actually wear their shoes, it's nice to be able to get another pair down the line in case something happens to the originals.

Brand is ruined? Nike/Jordan is as strong as ever. They are doing it right. Only people upset are self proclaimed club members and resellers.
Bingo. Was the Mustang brand hurt when Ford brought out the restyled S197?

An orginal will always be that and valued by someone for that. Reprints actually give you the opportunity to WEAR the shoe.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #337
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Oh, my wife bought me a pair of Jordan 6's Olympic retros for Christmas. I was wondering why she didn't want me to buy any sneakers for a bit.

And she also surprised me with Jordan 12 infants since we are expecting our first child this year. I need to buy a matching pair HAHA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamburger View Post
My newest pick up. Challenge Red Nike SB's

I want these!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #338
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Mofuhcka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Agree on that. I wear them but dont beat the shit outta them, but I could never keep a shoe DS.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #339
slamburger
Zilvia Addict

slamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really niceslamburger is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Oh, my wife bought me a pair of Jordan 6's Olympic retros for Christmas. I was wondering why she didn't want me to buy any sneakers for a bit.

And she also surprised me with Jordan 12 infants since we are expecting our first child this year. I need to buy a matching pair HAHA...

I want these!
dude me and my son have a couple pairs of matching Jordans! haha its awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofuhcka View Post
Agree on that. I wear them but dont beat the shit outta them, but I could never keep a shoe DS.
This is 100% true
Old 01-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #340
stiizy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
stiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Newest pickup with laces changed!!
stiizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #341
slamburger
Zilvia Addict

Nice pick up. I passed on them and its simply because no 23 on the heel. It just looks weird without it to me. But the rest of the shoe is too sick! I think i will get the other 5's that will come out later. The red bottom fire reds.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #342
Banana_Cute
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
Banana_Cute is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Damn, that lace swap looks pretty hot. Def compliments the fire red theme

Simplicity is the key to brilliance
Banana_Cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #343
georgeasorous
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
georgeasorous is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
My buddy from S.D. started a site for OG shoe heads yall should check it out!!!

SOLECALifestyle.com
georgeasorous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:51 AM   #344
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
I'm not really a sneakerhead at all, but I'm really excited about the Flyknit Lunar1+. Not only is it stylish, but apparently very comfy. I run a lot and these look too good to pass-up.

Just wanted to know if anyone is picking up a pair and possibly trying to pick up the multicolor colorway:
Old 01-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #345
stiizy
Post Whore!

stiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana_Cute View Post
Damn, that lace swap looks pretty hot. Def compliments the fire red theme

Thanks bro, I'm big on Lace Swaps on the right shoe.
This shoe was too white, needed some color

Last edited by stiizy; 01-29-2013 at 01:21 PM..
Old 01-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #346
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:

If you just have a ton of shoes you wear, you can understandably be a sneaker aficionado but your just by mostly fashion whore...

You may have a simple view as shoes are meant for feet.. but you dont understand my look at why people collect and keep things on ICE. Its the preservation, the value, the rarity of it and/or the historic event it was iconic for. These are the Original Jordans that came out 1984-1999.. these Jordans cant be worn.. they crack at the first step hitting the ground. Why do people collect coins and not spend it, wine and not drink it, own old cars and cant drive it daily... etc etc. In the end there wouldnt be a market for retros if it wasnt the notice of collectors and the prices they go for in the market.

Brand is Strong? I wouldnt say strong as Jordan brand has to re-Retro every single shoe at an overkill to get sales. Its understandable if its long overdue but Bred Retro IVs again after the CDP pack? IIIs? VIs? Yes they always sell out but that is their strength of the business.. When was the last time you bought a pair of Jordans that werent a hyped release or their Slippers.. And also on side note, the material, quality, detail is garbage compared to original pairs.

And the reputation of the brand and the people its drawn in... I use to wake up early as hell on Wednesdays to pick up the latest release. The people who come out were always true sneakerheads and fans of Jordan. We would talk hours not only about shoes but his game playing days. If you come out nowadays you would catch old dudes with their whole family trying to make a few buck, hypebeast kids who wouldnt know how many rings Jordan have and groups of bellicose monkeys fighting over shoes.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:42 PM   #347
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Your view of Nike/Jordan seems limited. Outside of the states nobody is all that hyped up like the Americans are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOnesxWai View Post
If you just have a ton of shoes you wear, you can understandably be a sneaker aficionado but your just by mostly fashion whore...
You may have a simple view as shoes are meant for feet.. but you dont understand my look at why people collect and keep things on ICE. Its the preservation, the value, the rarity of it and/or the historic event it was iconic for. These are the Original Jordans that came out 1984-1999.. these Jordans cant be worn.. they crack at the first step hitting the ground. Why do people collect coins and not spend it, wine and not drink it, own old cars and cant drive it daily... etc etc. In the end there wouldnt be a market for retros if it wasnt the notice of collectors and the prices they go for in the market.
Shoes are meant to be worn, cars are ment to be driven, and money is meant to be spent.

The only people upset are 'club members' and resellers. Not everyone wants to spend a million dollars on some shoes just because they are OG.

Just like wine, people who want the older shoes will buy them. While people who want something reminiscent of the original thing can purchase what is at hand.

Quote:
Brand is Strong? I wouldnt say strong as Jordan brand has to re-Retro every single shoe at an overkill to get sales. Its understandable if its long overdue but Bred Retro IVs again after the CDP pack? IIIs? VIs? Yes they always sell out but that is their strength of the business.. When was the last time you bought a pair of Jordans that werent a hyped release or their Slippers.. And also on side note, the material, quality, detail is garbage compared to original pairs.
Why shouldn't they? If people buy them then why should they stop making them?

More people are into shoes than deadstockers. Are you telling me that you only dead stock heat? Well what do you wear on an average day?

Quote:
And the reputation of the brand and the people its drawn in... I use to wake up early as hell on Wednesdays to pick up the latest release. The people who come out were always true sneakerheads and fans of Jordan. We would talk hours not only about shoes but his game playing days. If you come out nowadays you would catch old dudes with their whole family trying to make a few buck, hypebeast kids who wouldnt know how many rings Jordan have and groups of bellicose monkeys fighting over shoes.
There are more people to Nike and Jordan than just some sneakerheads. Sneakerheads only care about hype shit. Nike makes more money on the mom coming in for some everyday shoes than it does on the kid who only cares about the latest KD or whatever.

Nike has more athletes than just Jordan. Instead of people lining up to talk about MJ, they are lining up and talking about Lebron, KD, and even Kobe.

Sneakerheads of the past are no different than a hypebeast. Both want the same shit, and both only care about the latest carrot being dangled by Nike.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #348
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Your view of Nike/Jordan seems limited. Outside of the states nobody is all that hyped up like the Americans are.
Shoes are meant to be worn, cars are ment to be driven, and money is meant to be spent.
The only people upset are 'club members' and resellers. Not everyone wants to spend a million dollars on some shoes just because they are OG.
Just like wine, people who want the older shoes will buy them. While people who want something reminiscent of the original thing can purchase what is at hand.

Your narrow mind seems to not to understand what any sense I say when im talking about why people collect.. Your solely looking at this as a clothing brand with simple mind that shoes are for feet, any food turns to poop.. CREAM.. shoes get pussy. Im getting in depth at the heritage of the company and some history in these shoes.. Can you understand some significance of a shoe being brand new after 25 years old? Why it would be worth so much? The rarity?

& only in the states? Have you ever met people outside this country to even back up your fact? Japan alone has a crazier addiction to shoe then we do. Europe alone was the reason why Air Max and runner shoes got such a demand for retro again.. Again, narrow mind and blabbering.

Quote:
Why shouldn't they? If people buy them then why should they stop making them?
More people are into shoes than deadstockers. Are you telling me that you only dead stock heat? Well what do you wear on an average day?
Because of the purity of the brand.. When you see year after year a pattern of release these shoes looses its value and will eventually loose a part of its consumers. One of the big reasons why people started collecting is because these nice shoes, even after being worn, can be resold and bring back value vs Vans and chucks.

ie. Military IVs. I bought a pair when they first retroed and again this year.. the value of them are barely retail. Ruined one of my favorite shoes and the quality of it is nowhere near my original pair.

I actually have a nice collection of shoes I wear and I do in fact wear all the new retros.. Original first release pairs are the ones i keep deadstock.

Quote:
There are more people to Nike and Jordan than just some sneakerheads. Sneakerheads only care about hype shit. Nike makes more money on the mom coming in for some everyday shoes than it does on the kid who only cares about the latest KD or whatever.
Nike has more athletes than just Jordan. Instead of people lining up to talk about MJ, they are lining up and talking about Lebron, KD, and even Kobe.
Sneakerheads of the past are no different than a hypebeast. Both want the same shit, and both only care about the latest carrot being dangled by Nike.
Oh really? I was wondering what Foot locker sells on Sunday-Thursdays.. I only brought out the story to the crowd it draws during these limited releases and the hype it causes.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:48 PM   #349
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:

Your narrow mind seems to not to understand what any sense I say when im talking about why people collect.. Your solely looking at this as a clothing brand with simple mind that shoes are for feet, any food turns to poop.. CREAM.. shoes get pussy. Im getting in depth at the heritage of the company and some history in these shoes.. Can you understand some significance of a shoe being brand new after 25 years old? Why it would be worth so much? The rarity?
Narrow mind? Your whole argument is basically asking Nike/Jordan to cater to collectors who are only interested in the retros that you like and care about.

Quote:
& only in the states? Have you ever met people outside this country to even back up your fact? Japan alone has a crazier addiction to shoe then we do. Europe alone was the reason why Air Max and runner shoes got such a demand for retro again.. Again, narrow mind and blabbering.
Japan doesn't have release dates like the states. You can walk in to stores and buy what you want.

Europe? Yet again, you can walk in and buy retro shoes at your will. Nike/Jordan doesn't even allot them. There are stores out there with sizes available in many retros that came out in the past few years. Like I said, only in America are people crazy over shoes and willing to camp out for many days and shoot people over some shoes because they couldn't get a wrist band or couldn't wait hours on end in line. Why is that? Because Nike allots retailers. Since there is so little quantity, demand is higher. Instead of getting mad, re-read what I said. I never said people outside of the states don't care about shoes at all. They simply aren't as hyped as Americans are.

Quote:
Because of the purity of the brand.. When you see year after year a pattern of release these shoes looses its value and will eventually loose a part of its consumers. One of the big reasons why people started collecting is because these nice shoes, even after being worn, can be resold and bring back value vs Vans and chucks.
Since there are so few released, yet so many people who want them, and being years in between rereleases, the chances of people getting tired of a release is slim to none. Nike is a lifestyle company, not an antique roadshow. Your whole basis of being upset is because you are only viewing what they do as a collector.

Quote:
ie. Military IVs. I bought a pair when they first retroed and again this year.. the value of them are barely retail. Ruined one of my favorite shoes and the quality of it is nowhere near my original pair.
Times have chanced, costs are higher. What do you expect? You get what you pay for. You can't compare X-shoe of decades ago to Y-shoe of today. Nike has to balance quality with cost. Quality of materials can easily be risen. But that would come at a cost. Obviously they see a cost / quality blend of they are satisfied at.

Quote:
I actually have a nice collection of shoes I wear and I do in fact wear all the new retros.. Original first release pairs are the ones i keep deadstock.
So then what's wrong? Your deadstock is all boxed up, your beaters are on your feet. You got your shoes, and some dude is probably crying his life away over missing out on a pair. As I said earlier, there will always be people chasing after a limited release shoe. It's the name of the game.

Quote:
Oh really? I was wondering what Foot locker sells on Sunday-Thursdays.. I only brought out the story to the crowd it draws during these limited releases and the hype it causes.
Hype = advertising. Nike isn't rolling in the dough selling just 17 or whatever pairs of shoes at limited retailers.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:31 AM   #350
stiizy
Post Whore!

Who the fuck cares!!

Buy what you like and DS what you want.

I rock all the shit i buy.

America is mad hyped. Flight club is the only store you can walk into and buy any shoe you want for rape.

I asked a cousin in law in Japan to see if she can find me some Space Jams she found them for $230 DS so i'll be buying them shits!!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:05 AM   #351
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiizy View Post
Who the fuck cares!!

America is mad hyped. Flight club is the only store you can walk into and buy any shoe you want for rape.

I asked a cousin in law in Japan to see if she can find me some Space Jams she found them for $230 DS so i'll be buying them shits!!
This .
Old 01-31-2013, 11:46 AM   #352
slamburger
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Who the fuck cares!!

Quoted again just cuz!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:58 AM   #353
dOMEmE
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
dOMEmE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Who the fuck cares!!

Quoted again...wuuuuuuuuurd
Old 01-31-2013, 12:22 PM   #354
tootall4la
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
tootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Who the fuck cares!!

Quoted again.. Ask your cousin if there any size 14s
tootall4la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:52 PM   #355
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

forgot its Zilvia.. its like Politics. Lets get back on topic. WDYWT

Old 01-31-2013, 05:28 PM   #356
slamburger
Zilvia Addict

God damn those are bad ass, good stuff.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:38 PM   #357
colombianbryan
Zilvia Junkie

colombianbryan is an unknown quantity at this point
ohhhh mannn please no beef here... this is my favorite thread haha oh and good shit stiizy! agree 100% wear what you like. done! and very clean 6's man, i shall have them one day! lol
Old 01-31-2013, 08:12 PM   #358
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Man I LOVE those 6's

And here's what my wife picked me up as a surprise for our expected little one...

You can never start to early
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:55 PM   #359
colombianbryan
Zilvia Junkie

colombianbryan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Man I LOVE those 6's

And here's what my wife picked me up as a surprise for our expected little one...

You can never start to early
haha that's awesome, congrats!
Old 02-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #360
stiizy
Post Whore!

My Contribution to WDYWT: