Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:40 AM   #1
Opie

Trader Rating: (0)
Opie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
JGY Customs

First off, I'll go ahead and say that despite my low post count, I'm no idiot. i do tech and sales for a local shop, I won't even say what shop because this is not a plug. I just want to share this experience with you guys here.

So we ordered a set of injectors from JGY. MSD 72# injectors as stated on their website. http://www.jgycustoms.com/240sx/fuel.htm

Says right there plain as day on the site MSD 72# injectors. Well the injectors we bought sit on a shelf for a few weeks as we build the bottom end of a customer's car and do other stuff. Then the customer decides to go with a bigger turbo so we need to go up to a 96# injector. So we call MSD to get their professional opinion. We give them the part number and they notify us that the injectors sold by us are not MSD injectors. So we call JGY and ask for a refund because we did not get what we purchased. They told us that since we had passed their 10 day return time, we informed them that they had sent us injectors that were not MSD as advertised. Their story was that when they say "MSD" They use it in such a manner as describing all tissues as kleenex when in reality not all brand tissues are kleenex brand. These are fuel injectors not tissues. They pretty much just blow us off and refuse to take back their product and return our money.

So then we call MSD. Those guys at MSD are awesome, they run the part number and tell us that the injectors are actually GM Rochester injectors, which in their defense are high quality injectors, but the kicker is that the rochester injectors are 75# injectors rather than 72# injectors. This is pretty important when it comes to tuning. So in the end JGY sent us the wrong brand, wrong size injectors, would not take responsibility for it. Not surprisingly, every time we called, the owner, Jason Young had "stepped out to lunch"

CLIFFNOTES: JGY Advertises MSD injectors, but actually sends Rochester injectors that are a different size altogether.
Opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2008, 12:41 PM   #2
opponheimer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
opponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond reputeopponheimer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
JGY is worthless, they are the last people I contact when I need to know something, because generally, they know nothing. They have a receptionist lady that works there now that is paid to say that everyone is "unloading a shipment" or "out to lunch" or "at a meeting".

Sorry about you misfortune, but its good you found out what injectors they actually gave you.
opponheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:56 AM   #3
91SuperS13
Leaky Injector

91SuperS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would have to agree. JGY is a piss-poor shop.

I ordered front and rear Whiteline adjustable sways from them. The rear kit came complete, but the front kit was missing the D-bushings that attach to the chasis.

I called JGY initially asking if they could send the bushings missing from my kit. Their response was to re-use the OEM bushings. JGY claimed that the D-bushings were never included in the kit and that I wasn't missing anything. I was a bit skeptical, but just for good measure I tried the OEMs and they did not fit.

I called agian, they repeated the same thing. Saying that the OEM bushings were to be re-used on the kit. Not only that, but they even said that they got that information from Whiteline directly. I told them that the OEMs didn't fit, but they stuck to their guns. The guys at JGY indicated that they had no extras, and there was no way to source them. Needless to say, I was beginning to get irritated. I then looked around on my own to find a 27mm bushing that would work with the Whiteline bars. Found a few, but they were too big for the D-bracket that holds the bushings in place.

I called again, this time Jason himself (Jason Garrett Young) got on the phone. He again told me to re-use the OEM bushings, and that when it came down to it I could even use duct tape to hold the bars in place. ?!?!?!Duct Tape?!?!?! Are you F*#&%@$ kidding me?

I needed a week to calm down, so I waited and called again. Little did I know the worst was still to come.

When I called again, right away, Jason was put on the phone and the first thing out of his mouth was, "we would like you to stop calling about the bushings." I told them that I wasn't until I got what I paid for. Jason got an attitude with me and started cutting me off when I was talking. When I did the same to him, he accused me of being rude and not really wanting help because I was talking when he was talking. This happened back and forth until Jason asked to speak to my mother! EXCUSE ME?!?!?!? I lost it after that. He tried to cut me off again while I was talking, and I damn near had to start yelling on the phone so that he would stop running his yap and let me finish a centence.

The end result of the conversation was that Jason very sarcasticly wrote Whiteline an email (with me on the phone) letting them know about the situation.

Whiteline responded the same day and acutally contradicted everything that JGY claimed Whiteline told them. Whiteline said that the polyurethane bushing was specificly designed to work with their kit, and that a Whiteline bushing was needed for proper fitment. Not only that, but Whiteline stressed that all replacement bushings were included in the kits. Whitleine even told him that he should have called the distributer to help me out.

**Little did Jason know, but I had contacted Whiteline on my own, and already knew what they told him when they replied to his email. Not only that, Whiteline set me up to get a set of bushings directly from their North American distributer Global Performance Parts.**

Jason actually reponded to Whitelines email saying that their email made him look bad.

I'd say he does that just fine on his own....

JGY gets a big from me. And they also get a big for being dicks!

Never again....
91SuperS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:41 AM   #4
z1adonis

z1adonis is an unknown quantity at this point
JGY (Jason Garret Young) Custom's complete imcompetence!!!

Yes I have been a member since 2005 and yes I don't really post. I am posting this because I want you all to be aware of the neglect for detail at JGY.

The thought of discontinuing the use of service has finally come for me. Every time I have tried dealing with JGY (Jason Garrett Young) has been upsetting. When you are dealing with Jason for the first time, you may be able to get him on the phone. He seems pretty upbeat and knowledgeable as well as interested in getting your business. He agrees with you that your deadline can be met. Ok after the deadline has not been met and past by weeks or parts/built engine has problems that you have received, it is almost impossible to get him on the phone. His front office people, Pam or Scott or whoever working with Pam at that point, tells you that he is either out to lunch or out in the warehouse and you will have to leave a message that they will relay to him. If it is about a delay, you get a number of excuses. Most of the time it will be that a particular part that your order requires is backordered. If everything is place, you motor build fell behind others. Long story short, excuse after excuse creates delays. Honestly I just think Jason is overwhelmed and can’t admit to that he really needs help.

On to my own situation. After numerous delays and missed deadlines, I got my built motor back from JGY more than a month overdue. I don’t know how many of you have received motors from Jason but this is where his incompetence comes into play. Jason will replace head gaskets for you that he believes should not be reused. This is something I actually appreciate because at least I know that I am starting with a new cometic head gasket and he actually returned the old gasket for my own inspection. Of course I found this out when I had to pay my final bill before it was shipped back to me. Like I said, I paid for the build without argument. The big problem is not that Jason will replace $100 head gaskets without discussing it with you first, which again is what I appreciate. The problem is when he uses silicone in places where actual gaskets are used from the factory. This is only the beginning. He even reuses gaskets that should not be used. The gasket on my particular build that I had a problem with is the timing chain tensioner gasket. To give you a better picture of this. I have completed putting my built SR into my ’97 S14. The car is running, new fal fans are working just fine, temps are good. I drive the car down the street to test it. I get it back inside my shop and noticed one small drop of oil. Can’t tell if it is gear oil or motor oil. Look behind the car and even under it as I put it on the lift. No signs other than maybe just a little spilled when filling the tranny. Anyway so I proceed to a mechanic’s shop who is actually a friend of mine and former neighbor when I ran my performance shop. I have to mention my performance shop so that you all know that I very technically inclined and have geared myself up to perform my own builds from now on. Back to my story and on the way to get the AC charged. He is now within 20 minutes of me. I am going to let him recharge my AC. I get to his shop and they are getting ready to charge the AC when one of the mechanics there noticed a puddle of oil under my car. We quickly take a look and notice that it coming from the timing chain tensioner. With a mirror, we can see grey silicone on the back side of the cover for the tensioner. Well we removed it, while maintaining the timing chain position. What we found is that Jason reused the factory metal gasket. The problem lies in the fact that the factory gasket has a rubber ring on it that creates the seal. The rubber ring is completely gone. The evidence looks like Jason only placed literally 2 drops of silicone around the two studs coming from the head. Now I proceed to of course try to call Jason. After a few hours of calls with Pam relaying messages between Jason and myself, Jason’s final answers were that he did not use silicone and that the part was the same as a ’92 SE-R and that I could get it from Nissan. No apologies just stated that he did not use silicone. I am thinking to myself which is worse, lying about not using silicone (only in 2 spots) or the fact that he reused a metal gasket with no rubber seal. After him taking his time putting the motor together he could have spent the less than $10 from Nissan to replace the bad gasket and charge me for it since he decided to replace the $100 cometic head gasket that he did not discuss with me until I got my final bill which I will again say I appreciate his meticulous approach on. Honestly this could have required a lesser experienced tech to have to remove the valve cover and timing chain cover and have to reset timing all over again.

All in all Jason may be good at what he does but cutting corners overshadows your ability and just makes you a simple half-ass. People if you decide to use JGY please make sure that you require Jason to replace all factory gaskets if you have to supply them yourself. If you take a closer look at his work, you will notice that he more times than not will use silicone in place of $5 and $10 factory gaskets. And yes Jason used silicone in place of several other gaskets on this build that are going to be replaced.
z1adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:28 PM   #5
240Zfunahollic
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (35)
240Zfunahollic is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I have seen some of his shitty work also. A friend of mine had a car swapped with him last year. His time quote was two months. Well, that turned into 9 months. Jason used RTV on a lot of things on his car as well. Even the exhaust manifold gasket. Needless to say the car does not run properly. Supposedly it was a faulty emanage, then this sensor was wrong, and etc. It has a road tune instead of a dyno tune. As soon as he steps on the gas his wideband slams to 14-15. That is deep deep into the danger zone. The used a bad alternator so we fried a battery in on the trip home. It was a hellacious trip. Now if we call back up to talk to Jason he is always out to lunch or in a meeting. Seriously guys, he is in a backwoods Virginia town. Who does he actually have to be in a meeting with? Its all lies. He knows he messed up and wont take responsibility for it!
240Zfunahollic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #6
millertm
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
millertm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
JGY Customs

Not impressed or happy with JGY Customs... In the market for turbo upgrade and with so many different opinions on the forum I contacted JGY.

Long story short is Jason is dr. jekyll and mr. hyde. First phone was good and he recommended a good package that seemed to be true after research on here. I requested a quote from Jason through e-mail and someone else under quoted the parts and then later over quoted me. My last phone call, I wanted to get things straight and not only was Jason rude, he did answer my questions, kept trying to make me feel stupid and recommended different turbos. He ended the conversation with "...I've got something to weld. What else do you want?"

Not only was this horrible service, but Jason showed he didn't give a shit and isn't consistent with what he recommends. Not sure that means he isn't knowledgable, but he's not getting my money.

I'll do some research and find a better shop. Feel free to offer recommendations.
millertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:27 PM   #7
fishhouse
Zilvia Member

fishhouse will become famous soon enoughfishhouse will become famous soon enoughfishhouse will become famous soon enoughfishhouse will become famous soon enoughfishhouse will become famous soon enough
holy crap these dudes are still around??!!?!

i think i had a bad experience with them with a fuel rail a long time ago. but cant remember. hahaha. whatevers. sucks.
fishhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:29 PM   #8
The Chad
Zilvia Addict

The Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really nice
Eh I hear mix reviews from "friends" of mine. I put that in quotes b/c I only know them through car affiliations. I've known some to be very impressed with their workmanship (turbo installs and mild fabrication), but those guys actually drove out to the shop. I personally have ordered some small odds and ends from them and they have been very polite on the phone.

Sorry you had a bad experience, maybe Jason was having a bad day??? Who knows...

But nothing beats the Enjuku racing guys for customer service imo Funny bastards
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:53 PM   #9
drifterdave
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
drifterdave is on the path to ruindrifterdave is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
yea i just order a clutch from them and had no problems at all other then the fact that it was really had to get ahold of them, (but probley becuse i was calling a little late. west coast to east coast time diffrence.) any way i recived the clutch that i order and had no problems at all, fast shipping and good price, lol, maybe they have learned from there mistakes or just sometimes they just dont care, who knows, lol

keeping it gangster
drifterdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:20 AM   #10
Rummel Autosport
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
Rummel Autosport is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
calling and getting a clutch dropp shipped to your house is not exactly rocket science, so I would hold off on things "learned from their mistakes" at least until they have shown a consistant improvement for a decent amount of time.
Rummel Autosport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:51 AM   #11
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i bought several things from them with no problem,! I was planing to buy the stage 3 turbo kit for the sr! That kit says it uses 72 lbs inj. and on thier website it says its MSD. ANY SUGEST.
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:50 PM   #12
jonnybonds84
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
jonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I bought their 12 LB flywheel with the slits on the outside border and they sent me the 14 lbs solid flywheel, they wouldn't take it back. 2lbs I know but I paid a lil more, HELLOOOO customer service.

http://www.jgycustoms.com/ka24det/clutch.htm They use to have the 14LBS posted on there too.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:07 PM   #13
mattro
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
mattro is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
yep i bought a fuel rail from them and specifically said "i do not want the stock FPR hole/ flange on the rail."

made the guy repeat it back to me.

still got the god damn flange. so im welding it shut.

opie, you dont happen to have msd's number do you. i want to make sure my "msd's" are actual msd's
mattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:31 PM   #14
91SuperS13
Leaky Injector

91SuperS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisfk View Post
i bought several things from them with no problem,! I was planing to buy the stage 3 turbo kit for the sr! That kit says it uses 72 lbs inj. and on thier website it says its MSD. ANY SUGEST.
did you read the op? Wouldn't trust 'em on that one...
Old 08-10-2009, 04:01 AM   #15
Spring Break '92
Zilvia Member

Spring Break '92 can only hope to improve
5-6 years ago up until I sold my B13 SE-R I was an active member of SR20Forum.com. Its mostly the FWD Nissan enthusiasts in there. Go there to see how much animosity Jason has against him. I have even stumbled across an entire separate website created by one of the members showing the shitty work JGY has done. I have heard that he has a self-admitted personality disorder and is bi-polar. I have dealt with them one time, and talked to Jason one time. It was a turbo elbow I needed for my Bluebird turbo setup. I got the wrong one and needed to send it back. It was a hassle up until I told him how I had read that many people had bad experiences trying to return the wrong parts sent to them. He got upset and told me that I had just pissed him off and that my attitude wasn't going to get me what I wanted. Finally I was able to send it back and get the right part. I think the next time I called I got some complete fucking idiot on the phone who didn't know jack shit. Won't deal with them again. I am really surprised they are still in business with these economic times and the fact that he is in somewhat of a specialized niche of the auto industry along with owning a shop in the far southwest corner of Virginia near the mountains.

Watch this video, this is him talking. He's got this semi-creepy way of talking, the same way he'll talk to you and be very polite and knowledgeable on the phone the first time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oWqM...layer_embedded

In this one you can gather he may be a little off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Z0-...eature=related

Last edited by Spring Break '92; 08-10-2009 at 04:37 AM..
Spring Break '92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:25 AM   #16
konjiki7

konjiki7 is an unknown quantity at this point
It pays to search or ask!

In December 2009, I contacted Jgy about having an engine swaped from my car which had been wrecked to another car mainly to same time since I’m busy working and learning my new job.

I’ve order random things over the past 5yrs from Jason, so I trusted him and shipped my car to him ( I live in MD and Jgy is in VA). Per my multiple conversations with Jason, he would start on the car and I would send him payments (via my debit card) of $500+ twice a month while he was working on the car. He told me that when he had a final price, he would let me know. A friend visited JGY Customs and Jason had not done anything on my vehicle, nor did have an accurate invoice of what I wanted done to the vehicle. Understand that he continued to take my payments. I talked with Jason with the impression that I was going to see progress...

During the next 3 months, I continued to pay Jason and I continued my attempts to contact him. I could never get a hold of him and I was always told that Jason was busy and that they were speaking for him. He never had an explanation for why my car had not been worked on. I finally spoke with Jason and apparently they got behind on work because they left my 240sx out in the snow.(with out covering up the turbo or intake manifold or coolant ports… etc)

I began looking into JGY's reputation recently and they have had several complaints brought against them by customers through the better business bureau and rip-off report.

Multiple times they called me and asked that I have there paint guy paint the vehicle and their glass guy do work on the vehicle. I initially didn’t want any glass work done on the vehicle because I was looking to paint the vehicle down in Maryland.

I basically came down to them saying they won’t do any work on the car. Then I eventually agreed to have the glass work done. This lead to the dash in the car being broken by the glass guy. The guys at JGY called me and assured me that the glass company will replace the dash.

I called them back after a week to discover Jason had settle for a $150 dollars in cash from the glass company. When I looked online for a new dash for a 1997 240sx prices ranged from $1000-1500. I spoke with Jason and he assured me that a junk yard would have the dash for about that price. I said ok and dropped it. It’s now the mid April 2010. They called me and offered to sell me some other s14. Then they also called me and said that I can back out from the project all together with no losses. Shipping both cars back would leave me at complete loss…. They had plenty of objections and complaints but eventually agree after a few days of hour long discussions.

It now early May they put the engine in the car and they called me asking if my exhaust was for an s14 (1995-98 240sx). Some where along the line they forgot to mention there was a whole in the floor and I asked Jason to fix this since they didn’t mention all the flaws in the car I just purchased. Jason of coarse disagreed initially after a couple discussions he said he will weld the floor free of charge. This ended showing up on the invoice in the end. They also forgot to put the title in the car….They did agree to send it…Still fighting to have them overnight it since I took precious time off work to take car of title work and tags. After what others had went through with this shop I consider my self to be lucky to simple have the car.

Many other have went through similar experiences often worse then my own.

JGY Customs Review | Rip-off Report

http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/188028-jgy-customs.html

I will tell this one of the only business that will tell the customer they are wrong and try to force them into doing things their way.

Bottom line stay away and save yourself the trouble.
konjiki7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:28 AM   #17
konjiki7

konjiki7 is an unknown quantity at this point
my contribution to the community...

I posted this story on Google maps. I think others should also post their reviews their too. That way people who aren't members get a slap in the face before they commit an act of stupidity.
konjiki7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:16 PM   #18
s142jzkillav10
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
s142jzkillav10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via MSN to s142jzkillav10
JGY Custom.com

Ok So I took my brothers car ( S14.5) up to JGY shop. Since 9/11/10 to tie up some loose ends. I droped the motor and tranny. It just needed so Minor work ( Key ) and a Tune.

Well to be fair my brother says that they called him and the car was ready but when we arrived the car wasn't running Nice and Smooth. It had a horrible rough idel and PIG Rich. At idel it was registering 10's on the AEM wideband. A/C was also worked on but for some odd reason they didn't charge the system. I don't under stand why at this point b/c what if the compressor doesn't work or the lines leak. Well we said what the heck well just take it like that and see how things go. It was a horrible day and ran into traffic bad. Their was a 70 vehicel accident on I-77. So we were Very Thankful to the Lord that he was their to protect us from that. ( May GOD bless those who were involved in the wreck and thoese who lost their lives in it. ) It was a terrifying scen for 7hrs waiting. Once they clear the road we tryed to start the car but it wouldn't start due to Too Much fuel. The police were going to call a tow truck and we knew it wasn't going to be cheap towing it back to JGY. After 25 min of trying to start it thankfully it did. We limped it back to the shop talked to jason and he said he will get it straghtend out. I hope he does and I trust in his word b/c after a $2,300 bill it shouldn't be a proble with it.

Last edited by s142jzkillav10; 11-21-2010 at 11:54 PM..
s142jzkillav10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #19
dzaster96799
Leaky Injector

dzaster96799 is an unknown quantity at this point
I had an interesting morning with JGY. Called them for some help understanding the install of their fuel rail and fuel injectors. Fully anticipated a friendly customer service conversation. Instead, was yelled at, ridiculed for wanting to purchase injectors from another company and then finally hung up on by Andrew.

Then I believe it was Josh, or perhaps someone else with a J name, in their shipping that also hung up on me when I questioned them on how they could run a business treating customers the way Andrew treated me. My guess is Josh wasn't concerned because in his records it showed I had only made one other purchase up til now. So yep, he hung up on me.

Complete opposite of what I'd expect in regards to customer service.

I bought a fuel rail from them, but I'm really wondering now if I want their product in my car. It may work, but truly its left a sour taste.

I couldn't even imagine such a company building a car for anyone. You wouldn't be able to express any bit of concern with their product or work without them throwing a hissy fit, because, afterall, they know best and are always right, and there is no where else that provides the service and product that they provide. ~sarcasm~

STEER CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY!

Last edited by dzaster96799; 11-06-2013 at 11:15 PM..
dzaster96799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #20
DrifterKP

DrifterKP is an unknown quantity at this point
My experience

I know I also haven't posted much here, but judging from all of the reviews that I've seen, they really do horrible business. What brought me here is that I was also doing business with them about purchasing their current S14 up for sale for 3.5k. (Nissan, 240sx, nissan sentra, nissan sentra se-r, G20, nissan skyline gtr, nissan silvia, S13) At first glance, the car looks like a gold mine. Only issue is, they only took pictures of the cars pros... So I asked them to take pictures of the underbody/frame rails. On the frame rails is a random plate bolted on that could be covering up a huge area of rust. Not only that, but it seems that the frame rails had some rust on it that were touched up so that it wouldn't be noticeable. Aside from that, I asked them to take pictures of what's under that plate, which I never received. So, assuming the worst like he asked me to, I threw him a price. So I told him 2,200. He said "2,200!?", and hung up the phone. I understand, the price I threw at him was pretty damn low, but it's no reason to hang up the phone without saying a simple "Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately, the price is too low for us to accept. Have a nice day!" is pretty damn unprofessional and rude.
DrifterKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #21
dzaster96799
Leaky Injector

dzaster96799 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats seems to be a trend with these guys. I have an open report/claim against them with the BBB as well as my bank.

Today I'm spammed by them sending numerous emails trying to create a paper trail with mostly BS notes added.

I'm thinking its Andrew.....again. Normally it would be funny, but in this case I believe he really does have a metal problem.

Last edited by dzaster96799; 11-07-2013 at 08:40 PM..
dzaster96799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #22
DrifterKP

DrifterKP is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzaster96799 View Post
Thats seems to be a trend with these guys. I have an open report/claim against them with the BBB as well as my bank.
Literally 5 minutes after reading this thread, I saw their true colors. I'm glad I didn't buy that car. For all I know, that was placed there to hide corrosion.
DrifterKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:09 PM   #23
600supersport
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
600supersport is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I've never seen a company plan misleading its customers as part of a regular percentage of their revenue and actually stay in business, pretty impressive lol
600supersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:23 AM   #24
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
WELL I didn't find this post in time so.... I recently became a victim.

-HOW JGY RIPPED ME OFF/ROBBED ME-
so about a month ago I was just browsing craigslist for a clean coupe shell. something black as I wanted to do a grand national paint job to. so I stumbled upon what seemed at the time a good deal for a shell with no engine/tranny/missing fenders. but a full clean interior.
so I call up JGY and speak to this "Santino" fellow. jgy has a reputation and it was good from what I found. so I really didn't think 2x buying a car from them sight unseen. I didn't haggle with their 900 price tag as again, finding a clean WRECK FREE/RUST FREE. shell is hard to come by.

so 2/9 I finish paying charge for this shell. before that I asked Santino 4x(at least) if the car was wrecked, and it had bad rust on it. he assured me that neither was the case. there were some photos listed in the posting and he went out and took one of the trunk for me.

so 3/13 I get to jgy to check out the car, sighn/obtain the title and to sell some interior pieces to a local fellow.
so my shock and disgust the fucking car is a wash. and they refuse to give me my money back!!!!! I walked Santino out, showed him the damage and he still claims it's a "straight" car. this guy is a fucking asshole!
so now today they call me and ask if I can get the car moved off their lot by Friday(they told me before I came and found out it was a piece of shit,there is no rush).
so iam stuck with a shell I don't need/cant use with some useful parts on it. someone needs to make some kind of offer. and never do business with jgy!!
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:35 AM   #25
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I am not siding with them, what sort of rust/damage was there? Did you miss it at inspection or at least pull a carfax? Honestly, curious. They should not have told you one thing and the car been in the opposite condition, pretty shitty, but if you missed it on inspection, could they have as well?

The fair thing to do would be to have them refund less what you parted out, but that's just from your side of the post.

Shit sucks, man. Good luck.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:03 AM   #26
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Sooo hold up......you paid for a shell sight unseen and trusted the person on the other end of the deal to be fully forthcoming with you??

This is not just a JGY issue (although they blatanly lied to you!), but if this is what happened, it's a lack of common sense issue on your part...........Why on earth would you pay for a shell sight unseen, with no title in your hand and a 240 at that! It's become extremely difficult, regardless of who the other person is, to trust ANYONE in the 240 community in the last 5-10 years. Just look at Jordan Innovations for example.

Sorry, but if this is what unfolded, it's quite difficult to feel any sort of sympathy for you
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:00 PM   #27
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Sooo hold up......you paid for a shell sight unseen and trusted the person on the other end of the deal to be fully forthcoming with you??

This is not just a JGY issue (although they blatanly lied to you!), but if this is what happened, it's a lack of common sense issue on your part...........Why on earth would you pay for a shell sight unseen, with no title in your hand and a 240 at that! It's become extremely difficult, regardless of who the other person is, to trust ANYONE in the 240 community in the last 5-10 years. Just look at Jordan Innovations for example.

Sorry, but if this is what unfolded, it's quite difficult to feel any sort of sympathy for you

there WERE PICTURES... iam sure you have purchased something from the zilvia marketplace. is that a lack of common sense buying something offline that someone is selling? they had some CLEVER pictures online in a craigslist listing. they are 900+ miles away from me they (or so I thought) had a good reputation being in business since 2006. and that is what let me guard down and allowed me to be conned by these clowns.

this isn't some joe-shmoe rention out his moms garage. they have a mini-Nissan boneyard. which baffles me as to why he is playing this type of game??
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote