Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:31 PM   #31
dmad
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (23)
dmad is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I can't say enough good things about Kunio. To make a long story short I ordered a set of USED wheels from him and they arrived damaged on my doorstep. I wrote him about the problem and the next morning I had funds in my paypal account to fix wheels. Customer service like this is rare-especially in this industry. Trust Kunio and get badass parts.. end of story..
dmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2014, 03:10 PM   #32
SilviaSR20DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
SilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I would also like to say that Kunio is by far the best person to deal with on this site. He goes out of this way to make sure you are 100% satisfied. I bought a number of stuff from him and arrived in top notch condition. He even credited back me some labor costs for the ganador wiring which I never would of thought any shop would do. GTR Garage is an example of a company that does everything right and deserves to have repeat customers. Keep it up Kunio!
SilviaSR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:41 PM   #33
Drama
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Drama is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Had amazing customer service from Kunio when I ordered my DMAX floor mats from him a while back. Very fast to respond to emails and super helpful. I had ordered them to ship through sea. After about 2 weeks, I got an email from Kunio that he hadn't sent the mats yet cause he didnt see my Paypal payment till now. He covered the cost to ship them through EMS instead and I got them in 2 days. Amazing service.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:58 PM   #34
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Kunio is cool dude, responds promptly and is super friendly. Bought gangstadors for my s14, super fast shipping!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:19 PM   #35
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Wish I could get a response to my email I sent weeks ago...
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:55 PM   #36
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Wish I could get a response to my email I sent weeks ago...
pm kunio on here
VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:49 AM   #37
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Kunio was on the hunt for a manifold for me. He sent me one link and said that he would keep a look out. That was a few weeks ago. I've since then purchased one somewhere else.

I get that he's busy (since there's a back log of items that has to be processed for shipping), but I'd actually like to spend a bit of cash with him...

Oh well. I'll give GTR Garage another go sometime soon since I need a few more things.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:25 PM   #38
BURSTspeed
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
BURSTspeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I bought a set of wheels and some DVD's from him so far. He has great customer service, very helpful in trying to find parts for me, and for reasonable prices. This is now my main dude for bringing in parts I want from Japan.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:34 PM   #39
Feint Movement

Trader Rating: (1)
Feint Movement is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Seems like getting responses from Kunio lately has been difficult? When I first inquired about some UpGarage coilovers a few months ago, I was very impressed by the amount of information and knowledge he shared with me on the 2 different lines they offered.

I put in a order for a 326 spoiler and some DMax marker lights over 2 months ago. He promptly emailed me saying they were back ordered and I could wait 4-6 weeks or cancel. I said i'd wait. Come 7 weeks later.... This is where service goes down hill, I try contacting them about the status of my order, no response from initial e-mail, tried calling many times but always just get a voice-mail, finally get a response after my third email with Kunio saying, no spoiler yet, but he'd call 326 in the morning and get back to me. That was last Wed, tried emailing again 2 days ago, still nothing... So right now i'm still out $350 with no product in my hands. Have to say I'm disappointed.

Edit: Finally got my reply on Thursday night and had my order refunded.

Last edited by Feint Movement; 03-14-2014 at 03:23 AM..
Feint Movement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:47 PM   #40
dmad
Zilvia Addict

dmad is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you emailing him at [email protected] or through Zilvia? I've always gotten a quick response from Kunio but I do know for a fact he has been running around EXTREMELY BUSY trying to get everyone taken care of. Shoot him another email at his @gtr-garage.com address and see what happens. Either way I'm sure he'll make it right! I have had a couple instances where an email I sent to him has been bounced back also. I wouldn't worry about the $350 but I know that's hard when your waiting on parts and haven't seen a response. You're in good hands and I'm sure it will get sorted out ASAP.
dmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:16 AM   #41
Options13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
Options13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Yeah, they have been especially busy ever since they started exporting cars.. The amount of emails they are getting are almost over whelming, i wouldn't be surprised if he is a little backed up, or maybe even out of office.

Kunio is a good guy, he will get you taken care of.. If you don't want to wait anymore, just ask for a refund
Old 04-07-2014, 03:51 AM   #42
mogli9000
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (68)
mogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feint Movement View Post

I put in a order for a 326 spoiler and some DMax marker lights over 2 months ago. He promptly emailed me saying they were back ordered and I could wait 4-6 weeks or cancel. I said i'd wait. Come 7 weeks later.... This is where service goes down hill, I try contacting them about the status of my order, no response from initial e-mail, tried calling many times but always just get a voice-mail, finally get a response after my third email with Kunio saying, no spoiler yet, but he'd call 326 in the morning and get back to me. That was last Wed, tried emailing again 2 days ago, still nothing... So right now i'm still out $350 with no product in my hands. Have to say I'm disappointed.

Edit: Finally got my reply on Thursday night and had my order refunded.
I placed an order over 2 months ago for nsx parts. I cannot get in contact with him. Anyone else going through this?
Old 04-12-2014, 01:00 AM   #43
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
placed order as in paid money or having him find out about parts etc?

I have been doing business as usual with kunio. I know he is busy. Send an email and wait a day. If no response just send again. I pretty much go straight to kunio now for anything yahoo japan related.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:31 AM   #44
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I too am having difficulty getting in contact with them. I've emailed Sales at gtrgarage and I pmed gtrgarage here too. I can't find any user named Kunio on here.

I want to place an order with these guys for some dmax stuff but I can't get any response. The only weird request I made was if they could give me dimensions on the trunk spoiler that I want to buy.

.......I just wanna give them money for car parts.....*cries*
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:40 AM   #45
akaioni

Trader Rating: (0)
akaioni is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bought some more wheels and the service was great. At first I sent a PM, but no response so I messaged them on Facebook and Kunio replied quickly. Apparently they aren't advertising on Zilvia anymore and don't visit very much.
akaioni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:12 PM   #46
timandytimandy
Leaky Injector

timandytimandy is an unknown quantity at this point
I had problems getting in touch recently as well, sent him a message on Facebook and it was taken care of.
timandytimandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:16 PM   #47
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
guys, send him direct email, don't rely on pm's........zilvia is just a tool, go to the source. I have pm'd him before and no response, just go to email. He will get back to you. Also remember the time differences lol. A day to you is half a day to him. Peace in the Valley.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:30 PM   #48
Maiku240sxS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (37)
Maiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enoughMaiku240sxS14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Just purchased from the Chicago Container in July. Kunio is very helpful, goes out of his way to help you out. I had a problem with the Frieght company's tracking number, notified Kunio and he took care of everything. Even made the Frieght company ship the package when I was available. I wish some US company can follow in his foot step, with courtesy and excellent customer service! Thanks again Gtr-Garage and Kunio! Definitely will do busy again!
Maiku240sxS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 05:39 PM   #49
angel mkiv
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
angel mkiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiku240sxS14 View Post
Just purchased from the Chicago Container in July. Kunio is very helpful, goes out of his way to help you out. I had a problem with the Frieght company's tracking number, notified Kunio and he took care of everything. Even made the Frieght company ship the package when I was available. I wish some US company can follow in his foot step, with courtesy and excellent customer service! Thanks again Gtr-Garage and Kunio! Definitely will do busy again!
Agreed with this! I was part of that same container and everything went smooth! No issues at all and he would respond to all my emails fairly quick actually.my dmax hood arrived with no damage at all in the time frame given.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:18 PM   #50
MADE
Zilvia Addict

MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Those who are waiting for responses be patient as he has been sick for a couple weeks. He is a stand up guy and will get back to you.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #51
Dcocci

Dcocci is an unknown quantity at this point
I was going to say, I know I saw something somewhere mentioning that somebody was pretty sick, and they couldnt make a big show, so they will have alot of cool stuff coming up for sale this week.
Dcocci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #52
Supahomie

Supahomie is an unknown quantity at this point
GTR garage is awesome, great prices and customer service.

Last edited by Supahomie; 09-17-2014 at 09:50 PM..
Supahomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:31 AM   #53
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Spoke with Kunio yesterday. his PM box here is flooded and there is an error on the server so he can't send/receive msg on here. If you need to contact him Email or Facebook is very convenient and easy method. I send him a couple of msg and didn't hear back so I tried a different method and that is what he said.

Just figured I would pass along the msg.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:32 PM   #54
joeapple8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
joeapple8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Got my coilovers I ordered 2 months ago.
joeapple8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:22 AM   #55
s0fa king
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
s0fa king is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Great customer service & unbelievable prices. i will absolutely buy more stuff from GTR Garage!

TE37 by S0FA KiNG, on Flickr
s0fa king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:12 PM   #56
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
I purchased a set of silvia brick headlights off of YJA though GTR-Garage recently, pictures in the auction showed that they were complete with the rear locking rings and seals, they showed up about a month later and they were stripped and did not include these parts. I contacted the guys over at GTR Garage and they didn't seem too concerned with my issue and never got an answer from them.
Unfortunately for me the seller on YJA deleted the pictures off the auction so I'm pretty much SOL. Shame that their customer support has fallen off as they used to be very good. Lesson learned, save the pictures from any auctions you win on YJA.
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 12:21 PM   #57
xitsalgin
Leaky Injector

xitsalgin is an unknown quantity at this point
Purchased a set of D-MAX coilovers from Kunio and recently got them in. Ill tell you, I was kind of iffy about going with them since it was my first time making a big purchase overseas but Kunio and his staff were nothing but helpful. All of my questions I had, they always had an answer for me. They are a very busy company so if you dont get a reply from their email, try contacting them on facebook. They will usually get you through there. Plan on doing business with them again!

Last edited by xitsalgin; 11-01-2014 at 12:52 PM..
xitsalgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:31 PM   #58
S14knightrider

S14knightrider is an unknown quantity at this point
GTR garage

Just received my wheels as described. Good care in packaging. Overall communications and response time has been good. Would recommend their service to source hard to find JDM items.
S14knightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:50 AM   #59
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
For you guys that have ordered coilovers through GTR Garage, what's the shipping time like?

I see "2 months" up there. Are you serious? I've ordered a lot of stuff from Japan and 2 months is a long time especially for paying $100 USD for shipping.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #60
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMW View Post
For you guys that have ordered coilovers through GTR Garage, what's the shipping time like?

I see "2 months" up there. Are you serious? I've ordered a lot of stuff from Japan and 2 months is a long time especially for paying $100 USD for shipping.
it was probably 2 months on my coils. Most of that being he had to wait for the person from YAJ to ship them to him so then he could reship them to me.

Shipping on most things is 4 weeks or so across the pond (with any vendor I use) +w/e time it takes it to get to him. Still infinitely better than ordering and waiting for it to in a container from just about any of those kind of dealers. yes there are some shipping sources who are quicker, but they cost more. I haven't asked, but I always get quoted multiple rates at multiple different prices from GTR garage (assuming his services will take that size package). There is ways to get it quicker, but they are more expensive.