Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #1
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Small question about widening a set of wheels, is there any chance this type of wheel can be widened to have a deeper lip. They aren't the best wheels but they have some sentimental value with them, i was going to repaint them and have them as a decoration in the garage but if they can be widened i would be interested.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
...this is zilvia; prepare to get your feelings hurt.
bejota180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejota180sx View Post
Small question about widening a set of wheels, is there any chance this type of wheel can be widened to have a deeper lip. They aren't the best wheels but they have some sentimental value with them, i was going to repaint them and have them as a decoration in the garage but if they can be widened i would be interested.

Thanks!
if it has a lip it can be widened....
Old 04-15-2014, 09:46 PM   #3
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
does anybody recommend any specific company for this? from experience?
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
...this is zilvia; prepare to get your feelings hurt.
bejota180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:37 PM   #4
adrians_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (29)
adrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to adrians_s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejota180sx View Post
does anybody recommend any specific company for this? from experience?
http://wheelflip.com/
Old 04-15-2014, 11:11 PM   #5
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
you mean if you have money you can do anything you want....

because those are not multi-piece wheels.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #6
GabeS14
Post Whore!

GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveJDM View Post
you mean if you have money you can do anything you want....

because those are not multi-piece wheels.
$150-200 bucks to cut and weld a new lip on.. not that much. cheaper to do all 4 of your wheels then those wheels cost originally
Old 04-16-2014, 01:15 AM   #7
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yes they can be widened regardless.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:01 PM   #8
babowc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Are the Weds Kranze Cerberus II TRUE 3 piece modular?
babowc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:13 PM   #9
tracksuitslava
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
tracksuitslava is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
wheels nerds, help me out. just got a set of blitz 03's. hearing that these are welded and its not as simple as heating them up and splitting them apart. what do I need to do to put new lips on them?
tracksuitslava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:27 PM   #10
s14derrick

Trader Rating: (0)
s14derrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Biggslava you can send them out to be cut and buy lips or cut them yourself. Friend in Colorado springswith the white type x just cut his with a cut off wheel, ordered lips and resealed. I think wheel flip charges like 40 a wheel to cut
s14derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:43 PM   #11
tracksuitslava
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
tracksuitslava is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14derrick View Post
Biggslava you can send them out to be cut and buy lips or cut them yourself. Friend in Colorado springswith the white type x just cut his with a cut off wheel, ordered lips and resealed. I think wheel flip charges like 40 a wheel to cut
dang. that sucks lol.

thanks for the info though.
tracksuitslava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:59 PM   #12
white_is
Leaky Injector

white_is is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrians_s13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggslava View Post
wheels nerds, help me out. just got a set of blitz 03's. hearing that these are welded and its not as simple as heating them up and splitting them apart. what do I need to do to put new lips on them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14derrick View Post
I cut a pair of my Blitz 03 myself too with a cut off wheel on a grinder.

Then ordered lips from Wheel Flip which apparently was a huge mistake. 6 months later I still don't have lips. Been told multiple excuses when they respond or when I can actually get ahold of them.

Best part is, today they basically told me they have no idea where my lips are. Lol
white_is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:29 PM   #13
babowc
Post Whore!

babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_is View Post

Then ordered lips from Wheel Flip which apparently was a huge mistake. 6 months later I still don't have lips. Been told multiple excuses when they respond or when I can actually get ahold of them.

Best part is, today they basically told me they have no idea where my lips are. Lol
How'd you cut the lips without fucking it up?
I tried.. just hoping I don't fuck up one of my barrels...
Old 07-01-2014, 08:07 AM   #14
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:

Glad im not the only one who is not a fan of wheelflip. They give you the run around like they have some sort of idea what's going on, but they have no idea. I can't believe how long it took them to send me generic 40 bolt lips that i was gonna drill myself. Not a fan at all. if you don't call them 200 times a day you will never get your shit.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:49 PM   #15
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
anybody know a place that can do reverse mount 15's? a couple of my friends were mislead by araya to believe they could do them but only found out they couldn't after their wheels had arrived from japan. wheelflip, memory fab and rotiform aren't able to help.

Last edited by deolio; 05-26-2014 at 02:12 PM..
deolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:23 PM   #16
MarcD
Zilvia Addict

MarcD is an unknown quantity at this point
Any one know if SSR 40 bolt lips are the same pattern as Work 40 bolt?
Old 05-13-2014, 01:27 PM   #17
babowc
Post Whore!

So far, I saw the SSR minerva has same bolt pattern with standard 40-bolt lip.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:42 PM   #18
MarcD
Zilvia Addict

MarcD is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by babowc View Post
Actual experience? That's what I'm building, Minervas and Courages.

Also been tempted to cut mine before, I'd be interested in how people have done it.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:05 AM   #19
silnv
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (39)
silnv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Send a message via AIM to silnv
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcD View Post
Also been tempted to cut mine before, I'd be interested in how people have done it.
I have seen some people do it with a cut off wheel. The better way would be to have a machine shop cut it on a lathe, which most people do.

My question for people who have the weld cut, did you weld them back up or just silicon them?
Old 05-15-2014, 09:37 PM   #20
babowc
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcD View Post
Actual experience? That's what I'm building, Minervas and Courages.

I unbolted the face and compared it to the aftermarket lip I got here.
I can't quite drop it in the lip because the damn opening/bolt pad on the lip is too thick, but I'll see what I can do.
I still need to cut the barrel apart, it's just daunting because I don't want to fuck up the inner barrel. I will more-than-likely take it to the machine shop when I can.

*I'd like to note that the two sets of lips I've purchased on here, though, did not line up the bolt holes entirely correct with the inner barrels. That's not the main problem, though. The damn face needs to fit, some machine work needing :/

Last edited by babowc; 05-15-2014 at 10:19 PM..
Old 05-15-2014, 09:44 PM   #21
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by babowc View Post
If someone can confirm this that would be great!

I'm wanting to rebuild some Courage's
slideways2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:44 PM   #22
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Starting with a higher offset is better if you dont want your setup to be crazy negative. Can you measure your current lips so i can give you a better estimate of your final result?

So far just guessing, im thinking your fronts are going to be 18x11 -20, but i could be way off without know the current lip sizes.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:37 PM   #23
jsu1012
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i recently relipped my front wheels, ccw lm5's. They were 18x9, +16, 3 inch lip. now they are 18x10,+3, 4 inch lip.

before:

after relip and powder coated faces.

@streetstyle_jay
jsu1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:33 AM   #24
danny92
Leaky Injector

danny92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well thats the problem, i only have the lip atm and im looking to BUY a set of equips on which these lips will go on. Its hard because most of the sellers cannot be fucked measuring the lips etc for me due to most of them having tires on them so i have to kinda eyeball and guess my way through. Very frustrating because i do not want them to exceed 10.5j or 11j and most of the equips i come across have either stupidly low offset on a 8-9inch rim or very high offset but the inner barrels are really big with almost no lip which would increase the overall size of the rim later on. Anyways thanks for the help!
danny92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:58 PM   #25
babowc
Post Whore!

Just took my welded barrels to get split.. About 45 a pop.. "1 hour of work" per..

Had some other things to do also because the bore on the lip was too small.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:21 PM   #26
Roscoe.
Leaky Injector

Roscoe. is on a distinguished road
Anyone know where I might be able to get lips/barrels for Volk 20 bolt face?
Roscoe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:05 PM   #27
ezza
Zilvia Junkie

ezza is an unknown quantity at this point
Someone asked earlier but i didnt see a response.

I have some work vs kf on the way from japan, i want to widen them via wheelflip, but im curious about cutting the weld;

Does it need to be welded up again after relipping, also i dont suppose anyone has pics of the cutting process, im just wondering if i should do it myself with a grinder or have them lathed.

thanks
ezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:36 PM   #28
white_is
Leaky Injector

white_is is an unknown quantity at this point
I would do whatever is easier for you. If I was close to a shop that was capable and done it before I would have taken them to them. But having to shipping both ways I decided to risk it. Saved me at least $150.

I did not have them rewelded, but I did upgrade to stronger hardware. Wheel Flip also mentioned drilling holes into the back of the spokes and using a bolt from the back side just in case but they mainly said that was recommended for VSKF. Blitz still had like 10 more bolts to hold them together.

If you cut them yourself, just cut more towards the lip since you won't be reusing it. You'll have to cut right along the weld but it's better to cut through the lip then the barrel.

I cut into one of my barrels, but had it welded and then ground down back smooth.

I've had them on like 2 weeks with no issues. It's my only car and I've put like 600 miles on it, with 100 of those being highway.
white_is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:47 AM   #29
ezza
Zilvia Junkie

ezza is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I would do whatever is easier for you. If I was close to a shop that was capable and done it before I would have taken them to them. But having to shipping both ways I decided to risk it. Saved me at least $150.

I did not have them rewelded, but I did upgrade to stronger hardware. Wheel Flip also mentioned drilling holes into the back of the spokes and using a bolt from the back side just in case but they mainly said that was recommended for VSKF. Blitz still had like 10 more bolts to hold them together.

If you cut them yourself, just cut more towards the lip since you won't be reusing it. You'll have to cut right along the weld but it's better to cut through the lip then the barrel.

I cut into one of my barrels, but had it welded and then ground down back smooth.

I've had them on like 2 weeks with no issues. It's my only car and I've put like 600 miles on it, with 100 of those being highway.

Thanks for the info, I'm guessing that if I drill the back of the spokes I just tap the holes and bolt them up?

Nice car by the way!
ezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:58 AM   #30
Jalto
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Jalto is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:

damn! those turned out awesome.. i gotta re barrel mine still. been to lazy.
Jalto is offline   Reply With Quote