Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-27-2008, 05:03 PM   #1
s14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
s14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 Blinking Check engine light?

My s14 (5spd) feels like it runs perfectly but the CEL started blinking today while driving. The car didnt bog/stutter/lose power it felt fine. I shut the car off restarted it with no problems and the CEL stayed lit. I checked the codes and im getting code 34(knock sensor) code 77(rear o2 sensor) and code 103(park/neutral switch). I have done a search on the individual codes and how to fix them but I am wondering what a blinking CEL is all about?

also, is it possible that an o2 sensor malfunction would trip the other codes?

i hope this is going to be a cheap fix...
Old 12-27-2008, 05:11 PM   #2
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
A blinking CEL means that the computer has detected a fault that could seriously damage the engine. It is probably related to the knock sensor code. Either you have a bad knock sensor, damaged wiring, or the engine is actually knocking. For the O2 sensor code, just replace the O2. 99.9999999999999999% of the time that fixes O2 sensor codes. Judging by the P/N switch code I am lead to believe that you car may me converted. Make sure the neutral safety switch is wired up. The OBD2 computers look for that switch to cycle twice per drive cycle. If it is wired the switch is pretty much certainly bad. It is really common for the wires to break inside the little rubber boot.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote