Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2003, 11:52 PM   #1
uiuc240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
uiuc240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to uiuc240
SR FS: 1989 Coupe w/ SR20DET...Chicagoland

I keep going back and forth on whether or not to sell it. I like the car, but it's just not what I need right now. Most of my driving is to and from work and to and from my girlfriend's house in the city. I need something that is more practical and has more space for stuff.

Let me give you a few details. The chassis has about 116k on it, and the SR has been in there for the last 20k. Here is a basic list of the parts I have on it and the approximate price I paid:

full Whiteline suspension (Konis and Whiteline parts incl. bushings) ($1100)
26mm Z brakes w/ drilled rotors, KVR pads and SS lines (~$600)
B&M shifter ($250)
N1 dual ($500)
SR20DET w/stock sidemount ($3000 installed), ACT clutch ($300), Blitz DD BOV ($100), Koyo rad ($325), F-A-L fans ($225), Greddy 3" DP ($150), Catco 3" cat ($150), Autometer boost and water gauges ($100)
91 DOHC tach in digital cluster ($75)
back seat removed and carpeted ($5...hahaha)
Blaupunkt stereo with MD player and CD changer and really good cables ($550)
Rockford Fosgate 6.5" speakers w/ 12" JL Audio sub ($250...w/ homemade box that kicks ass)
Alpine 4-channel amp ($300)
91 Alloys w/ Blizzaks ($200 for the wheels, and the tires are on their last season, so....free for you...hahaha)
17" wheels painted black with 225/45-17 Kumho Ecsta MX - new in May 2003 (~$1000 when new)

As you can see, I've got a little over $9000 into the car. Plus, there's an extra SUPER NICE T28 Ball Bearing turbo sitting in a box in my living room...just needs to get put in. I paid $525 for that too.

Now, the car is not in 100% perfect shape, but it's pretty good. The dents and dings were almost all there before I got it from my Aunt in 1999 (she was the original owner in 1989). The paint still shines, and I haven't found any real rust (except for the obvious stuff on suspension parts that everyone has). But because of the body, I know I can't ask a ton for the car. I would say if the car was stock, I could get about $2k for it though.

Three other things:

1. There is a suspension clunk that I believe to be caused by the upper front strut mounts.

2. There is a creaking sound when braking...I *think* this may just be the poly bushings telling me they need lube :-)

3. The idle is lumpy at times...I think this may actually be from one injector that's not quite right?! I haven't had the time/money to test this out. The car runs fine, but idle isn't as smooth as I would like and sometimes it's rough when it's cold out.

Having said all that, I think $6k would be a pretty damn fair price for the car. With that, you'd get all my tires and wheels and stuff. For $6500, I'll leave the stereo in it. And for $7k, I'll even give you the turbo and the extra exhaust manifold I have (for porting and polishing and ceramic coating before install).

Let me know if this is possible...or if you have a reasonable counter-offer. Please don't lowball me. I'm not itching to sell, so I'm not going to entertain offers like "Dude, I'm broke, but I can get a loan for $3500...will you sell for $3500?" The answer will be no.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you. If you want to call me and talk about it (or setup a time to see the car), PM me for a phone number

Eric

p.s. Here is a photo album of the car at various points:

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/Albu...a=30160867&f=0

Last edited by uiuc240; 12-10-2003 at 12:00 AM..
uiuc240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links