Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-25-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
S_Cruthirds

Trader Rating: (0)
S_Cruthirds is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Hood scrapes passenger headlight

Hello, as the title says, when I turn on the lights for them to flip up, they come up fine however it pops from the passenger flip up light catching the hood. Im starting to think the hood hinge is bent or hood is bent. Before when i got the car the passenger side hood hinge was broke, since then ive replaced and even with hood hinges placed properly or adjusted any way there is possible either the hood is too far up or have to undo passenger side that attaches to engine bay and have to adjust just to close hood. I figure its the hood but as far as i see fenders dont effect it nor front bumper just like i said passenger light scrapes hood when opening. any suggestions as to why it doesnt work properly? Sorry ahead of time if posted in wrong area.
S_Cruthirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2014, 07:49 PM   #2
S_Cruthirds

basically light comes up and scrapes hood on way up, just on passenger side. any help?
Old 02-25-2014, 07:54 PM   #3
bmxer882x
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
bmxer882x is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hard to understand your post. But the hood has some adjustment on the hinges. Follow your fender lines make sure they're straight and if they are loosen the bolts and push it towards the glass a little. Should give you some space. If it's not the hood your car poll has a slightly bent headlight bracket.
bmxer882x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:30 PM   #4
S_Cruthirds

yeah either hood is bent which i dont think so now that im relooking over it, or headlight needs to be adjusted. however when henges are on car hood is crooked and wont attach to the latch, only attaches when the passenger hood henge is not bolted onto engine bay. even when i can close it the lights still scrape hood when opening
Old 02-25-2014, 08:32 PM   #5
S_Cruthirds

btw checked fenders and its not that all i can think is hood is screwed up which is why latch doesnt line up to the hood thing, or the headlight is messed up. leaning more towards headlight because theres no diff in spacing of hood above both lights
Old 02-26-2014, 11:01 PM   #6
S_Cruthirds

BUMP! Found out why hood not sitting correctly, however pass. headlight still scrapes when opening. Also i have the hood on correctly however the hood latch is showing short and hood sits further behind the hood latch. In another words the hood latch doesnt catch hood like it should because latch cant reach hood due to latch not reaching, Ive tried adjusting and nothing works. What are my other options as far as getting better hood latch or?
Old 02-26-2014, 11:02 PM   #7
S_Cruthirds

[QUOTE=bmxer882x;5568742]Hard to understand your post. But the hood has some adjustment on the hinges. Follow your fender lines make sure they're straight and if they are loosen the bolts and push it towards the glass a little. Should give you some space. If it's not the hood your car poll has a slightly bent headlight bracket.[/QUOTE

still scrapes on way up ontop of that hood and the hood latch dont line up basically looks like hood is too short which ive tried adjusting hood anyway possible still wont catch latch to shut it any suggestions?
Old 02-27-2014, 11:08 AM   #8
bova17
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
bova17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
is it the headlight cover, the piece that is the color of the car, because that is adjustable
bova17 is offline   Reply With Quote