Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-05-2007, 07:10 PM   #91
Shadytrixta1
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Shadytrixta1 is on the path to ruinShadytrixta1 is on the path to ruinShadytrixta1 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
does anyone here actually have r34 seats?

does anyone here actually have experience with both, r32/r33 seats AND r34 seats?

i've always been eyeballing the r34 seats, especially since they look so pretty.. but the thing is, the r32 seats for me, have always been perfect.

i'm wondering whether or not the r34 seats actually offer something, other than nice looks. the obvious thing i've noticed is the harness loops, but other than that.. i think the R32 seats are really perfect (for me atleast).
I have R32 seats in my 14 as you said to me they are the perfect OEM seat between looks and doing their job of holding you in.But I would say if your a bigger guy go for S15 seats, I have had some bigger people complain about my seats.

Also on the cluster, its sick I might do something like this in my 14 after I reassemble my motor!
Shadytrixta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2007, 07:18 PM   #92
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (-3)
Unholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: -3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Unholy S14
arent R32 seats the same thing as S14 seats
Old 08-05-2007, 07:23 PM   #93
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Not at all.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:05 PM   #94
holaback
BANNED

holaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
does anyone here actually have r34 seats?

does anyone here actually have experience with both, r32/r33 seats AND r34 seats?
my buddy has them...very nice and comfortable suporative seats by the way

holaback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:41 PM   #95
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
unholyfd3s> arent R32 seats the same thing as S14 seats

yeah.. ABSOLUTELY NOT. ;-) R32 seats RULE, while S14 seats rule nothing.

I've always loved how compact and unflashy the R32 seats are, they are super snug seats and I'm 5'8" so its a perfect fit. larger fat americans should consider another seat though.

anyway, i was just curious if anyone had experience with BOTH seats. the r34's are nice, but cost an arm'n'leg.. always curious if they're worth it.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:15 PM   #96
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
word is r32 seats sit you an inch or two higher than a s13/s14 seat would? ive always been interested in them, but im 6'3. ill prob have to look into getting a bride low max and bolting it to the floor. haha.

s14 seats are better than s13 ones. but id def like to start looking into a bucket.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:59 PM   #97
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS!3 View Post
word is r32 seats sit you an inch or two higher than a s13/s14 seat would? ive always been interested in them, but im 6'3. ill prob have to look into getting a bride low max and bolting it to the floor. haha.

s14 seats are better than s13 ones. but id def like to start looking into a bucket.
i dont agree. i never noticed sitting higher in the r32 seats.

remember, most of these s13 seats are pretty ratty and fucking NEGLECTED. I wouldnt be surprised if the foam is completely fucked on the majority of people's cars. i mean, everytime i sit in oem s13 seats.. i need to get my back cracked. literally, those are the worst seats ive ever had the luxury of owning.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:07 PM   #98
Zilvia FREAK!

status:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfectionstatus:one is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to status:one
that is a very clean setup!
Old 08-06-2007, 03:32 AM   #99
driftenthusiast
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
driftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Were did you get the fuel guage? any pics?
Also where did you get the concept X VSD? I searched and can only find the VSD Concept.

nissan tech
driftenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:25 AM   #100
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
Quote:
i dont agree. i never noticed sitting higher in the r32 seats.
i was hoping what i heard was wrong, thanks.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:06 PM   #101
Shadytrixta1
Leaky Injector

Shadytrixta1 is on the path to ruinShadytrixta1 is on the path to ruinShadytrixta1 is on the path to ruin
If anything I feel lower in my R32's, but that may just be the bucket style making me think im lower.
Shadytrixta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:06 PM   #102
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Maeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura about
I have a question mr Broadfield.

I have a similar setup and how did you get the defi HUD to work? Is it just a simple matter of following the directions? (yes i know im retarded and lazy, just humor me)

Old 08-07-2007, 12:57 AM   #103
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeda View Post
I have a question mr Broadfield.

I have a similar setup and how did you get the defi HUD to work? Is it just a simple matter of following the directions? (yes i know im retarded and lazy, just humor me)
It plugs into the Defi link controller. Then speedo will wire into the controller for the HUD. You do not have to wire the tach signal into the HUD controller..... it will automatically take the signal from the Defi link controller. This might be different depending on which of he 3 HUD's you have!?!

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:58 AM   #104
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftenthusiast View Post
Were did you get the fuel guage? any pics?
Also where did you get the concept X VSD? I searched and can only find the VSD Concept.
I can get you the Concept X. PM me if you want details. I did not take any pics of the fuel gauge. I think I might redo it, so I will take pics at that time.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 08-07-2007, 03:45 PM   #105
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Maeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura about
Thanks broadfield, I also noticed I have the HUD tach working, but the tach in my cluster stays at 9000. :\

I have the tach signal wired into the link box, and nothing wired to the vsd concept box.

I assume that your HUD and dial gauge tach are working together?

Last edited by Maeda; 08-07-2007 at 04:12 PM..
Maeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:44 PM   #106
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Mine does all work flawless. I am not sure about your tach.... I will check into it for you. Do you have the version 1 or 2 Defi link controller?

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 08-07-2007, 05:46 PM   #107
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Version 2 I believe.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:21 PM   #108
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeda View Post
Version 2 I believe.
Cool, I'll check when I get to work tomorrow!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 08-07-2007, 09:01 PM   #109
CoasTek240
Post Whore!

CoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CoasTek240
this is a great thread. +1 to Broadfield....clean setup.
CoasTek240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:53 PM   #110
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
yeah i couldn't find A PRICE FOR the concept type x vsd.. link?
hellion240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:13 PM   #111
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Cool, I'll check when I get to work tomorrow!
No need now! I figured it out! Thanks for all the help.
It was something stupid and simple, just a matter of forgoing the signal adapter, and sticking the Link output to the UNDERSIDE of the vsd concept.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:41 PM   #112
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion240sx View Post
yeah i couldn't find A PRICE FOR the concept type x vsd.. link?
Look about 6 posts up!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 08-08-2007, 01:16 AM   #113
EJ253
Zilvia FREAK!

EJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfectionEJ253 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to EJ253 Send a message via MSN to EJ253
awesome car. and awesome gauge set up.

posi rep!

DriftUtah | UtahNissans | MySpace | I <3 Drifting. Keep it Real.
Secret Society
EJ253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:17 PM   #114
240LE
Leaky Injector

240LE will become famous soon enough240LE will become famous soon enough240LE will become famous soon enough240LE will become famous soon enough240LE will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

bump for pics of digital fuel gauge
240LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:15 AM   #115
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
what do you mean? he has pics of it posted earlier in the thread.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:51 AM   #116
chaseSR86
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
chaseSR86 is making a name for him/her selfchaseSR86 is making a name for him/her selfchaseSR86 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Whats the glue that you use to attach the gauges and the panel to the existing gauge cluster? How did you mount the gauges flush like that?
chaseSR86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:45 AM   #117
dnomyar
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (13)
dnomyar is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
looks like he used a hot glue gun
dnomyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:17 PM   #118
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
what do you mean? he has pics of it posted earlier in the thread.
Not of the digital fuel gauge... or at least I missed it.

Only question I've got is why put the EGT guage on the cluster and Oil Pressure on the vent? Perhaps I'm being naive or something but wouldn't oil pressure be more important to monitor?
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:38 AM   #119
240LE
Leaky Injector

240LE will become famous soon enough240LE will become famous soon enough240LE will become famous soon enough240LE will become famous soon enough240LE will become famous soon enough
This would work GREAT with speedhut revolution main cluster gauges. 4" speedo with ODO, Tach, 2 5/8" fuel qty,water temp. Then get a triple A pillar pod
240LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:54 AM   #120
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
Not of the digital fuel gauge... or at least I missed it.

Only question I've got is why put the EGT guage on the cluster and Oil Pressure on the vent? Perhaps I'm being naive or something but wouldn't oil pressure be more important to monitor?
my bad, it was posted in the "Interior Gauge Setups" thread. IIRC, the gauge displays percentage of fuel used. Read the posts following the one below to learn more:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Thank you sir! Yes, the main function of the HUD is for my speedo. It will display in kmh or mph. It will also display any other gauge I have in metric or imperial.

Here is a couple pics of the fuel gauge on and off, and few other with my new wheel and DCC swap.