Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-17-2017, 11:10 AM   #271
Itsalexwoo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Itsalexwoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I put the stock manifold back on and the tomei elbow just clears. So I'm going to use that. Needless to say I have a tomei exhaust manifold for sale.
Itsalexwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2017, 11:53 AM   #272
RickS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
RickS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Chuck approved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RickS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:58 PM   #273
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
anyone else have issues with cbf performance? this guy takes too long to ship the shifters if its not one week its in the next , always has some issue, how long has anyone been waiting for v2 or v3 shifter? i ordered mine on feb 1
Old 04-17-2017, 01:04 PM   #274
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsalexwoo View Post
I put the stock manifold back on and the tomei elbow just clears. So I'm going to use that. Needless to say I have a tomei exhaust manifold for sale.
Cool. Glad you got it sorted. The S13 and S14/S15 manifolds put the turbo in slightly different locations (as the turbos have slightly different external dimensions after all) and orientation where issues like this arise (I suppose the Tomei is modelled after the later manifolds). That may very well be your issue right there.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:32 PM   #275
Itsalexwoo
Leaky Injector

The tomei sitting it very close to the same spot but tucks the turbo about 3/8 closer to the block. With a stock trans it fits very snug with lots of clearance but obviously that's not an option now. I'd like to get my stock manifold extrude honed but I haven't been able to find anywhere does it expect one that I email and still waiting a response
Old 04-17-2017, 08:03 PM   #276
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
So the Autotech adapter doesn't line up on my JK40C transmission. I guess I'll be getting the Collins adapter then since they specifically call out JK40C compatibility.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:15 PM   #277
Rb26kouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (62)
Rb26kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 62 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyX2 View Post
So the Autotech adapter doesn't line up on my JK40C transmission. I guess I'll be getting the Collins adapter then since they specifically call out JK40C compatibility.

You have KA or SR?

I'm looking at theirs right now but don't much info
Rb26kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:35 PM   #278
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

I have an SR. Didn't try lining it up with the SR, but the trans side doesn't line up with my JK40C from an 08 350Z.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:11 PM   #279
Rb26kouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (62)
Rb26kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 62 reviews
Quote:
I have an SR. Didn't try lining it up with the SR, but the trans side doesn't line up with my JK40C from an 08 350Z.

So will the Collins plate be compatible with both trans?
Rb26kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:21 PM   #280
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb26kouki View Post
So will the Collins plate be compatible with both trans?
It says right on their site that it works with all the CD transmissions and the JK40C.

Quote:
Nissan 350Z transmission Revision CD001
Nissan 350Z transmission Revision CD005
Nissan 350Z transmission Revision CD006
Nissan 350Z transmission Revision CD008
Nissan 350Z/370Z transmission Revision CD009
Nissan 370Z transmission Revision JK40C
Maverick also states compatibility with all of them:

Quote:
2003-2006 Nissan 350Z/Infiniti G35 CD001, CD005, CD006, CD008, CD009(External Slave Cyl)
2007-2009 Nissan 350Z/Infiniti G35 JK40C(Internal Slave Cyl)
2010-2013 Nissan 370Z/G37
I don't understand how though. The top half of the bolts look the same as the Autotech adapter which didn't work for me. Even more confusing is the fact that Autotech shows it installed on a JK400 on their page which should be the same pattern as mine.
Anyone that's used a JK40C/JK41A/JK41B/JK400 transmission care to chime in?
Old 04-17-2017, 09:24 PM   #281
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Also why the hell do they suggest this spacer?
http://collinsadapters.com/index.php...009-jk40c.html

Says it's to compensate for the thickness added by the adapter plate but the machining on the bellhousing already compensates for that!
Old 04-18-2017, 04:35 AM   #282
Itsalexwoo
Leaky Injector

From what I've seen my Collins plate isn't all that the trans bolt holes don't line up the best for a CD009 and I had to widen two holes just to get all the bolts to go in for the plate to motor connection
Old 04-18-2017, 07:11 AM   #283
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Does your Collins plate have any trans to plate bolts at the bottom? I see what appear to be trans to plate holes in the picture but I'm not sure if those line up or not. On the Maverick it just has plate to motor holes on the bottom.

I don't understand why these adapter plate companies don't drill all the trans to plate holes at the bottom... The upcoming Taarks adapter has them, the others should too.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:23 AM   #284
Itsalexwoo
Leaky Injector

Collins does but I'm still playing with throw out bearing clearance so I'm waiting for parts for that. I've cut all bolts to correct size and the plate does bolt to the trans but that changes when the input shaft is in the crank.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:25 AM   #285
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I may know a company that offers a fully universal kit that doesn't have any complicated clutch measurements to deal with
Old 04-18-2017, 07:52 AM   #286
travon47
Leaky Injector

travon47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by godrifttoday View Post
anyone else have issues with cbf performance? this guy takes too long to ship the shifters if its not one week its in the next , always has some issue, how long has anyone been waiting for v2 or v3 shifter? i ordered mine on feb 1
Do yourself a favor and get your money back asap and get the serialnine shifter. Serialnine just updated it so its not crazy short side to side ( like I have). Their quality great and you don't have problems getting into certain gears like other shifter on the market.
travon47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:07 AM   #287
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by travon47 View Post
Do yourself a favor and get your money back asap and get the serialnine shifter. Serialnine just updated it so its not crazy short side to side ( like I have). Their quality great and you don't have problems getting into certain gears like other shifter on the market.
serial9 shifter is rad, but I can't justify $500 for a shifter (yes, I know its only $450, but they charge $28 shipping too, so whatev)

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:27 AM   #288
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsalexwoo View Post
Collins does but I'm still playing with throw out bearing clearance so I'm waiting for parts for that. I've cut all bolts to correct size and the plate does bolt to the trans but that changes when the input shaft is in the crank.
https://www.amazon.com/Tick-Performa.../dp/B00ON2DFLW

FYI, I ordered these shims and they seem to line up fine with the 350z internal slave. I would imagine this means we could use T56 slaves as well.

What do you mean, "that changes when the input shaft is in the crank"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
I may know a company that offers a fully universal kit that doesn't have any complicated clutch measurements to deal with
I'd be considering that but the Maxworx kit places it 3/8" further forward than the plates and I already have a driveshaft intended to work with the plates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
serial9 shifter is rad, but I can't justify $500 for a shifter (yes, I know its only $450, but they charge $28 shipping too, so whatev)
Really like my GKTech shifter and it was only ~$175. Full disclosure, I've only shifted it outside of the car so far haha.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:32 AM   #289
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
I'd be considering that but the Maxworx kit places it 3/8" further forward than the plates and I already have a driveshaft intended to work with the plates.

Yeah that's understandable, but then again a driveshaft is generally give or take about $300, and with adapter plates you get compatibility issues with multiple trans, the inability to run some dual and usually all triple disks, and hours of aggravation.

If the $300 is what's ultimately holding you back consider how much messing with the adapter plates has cost you in time and money.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:36 AM   #290
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Lucky, as mentioned in the "other" thread, flip and rotate the plate so the flat portion which currently sits @ the 1-3 o clock area, now sits on top
Old 04-18-2017, 10:31 AM   #291
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
Yeah that's understandable, but then again a driveshaft is generally give or take about $300, and with adapter plates you get compatibility issues with multiple trans, the inability to run some dual and usually all triple disks, and hours of aggravation.

If the $300 is what's ultimately holding you back consider how much messing with the adapter plates has cost you in time and money.
Says $425 on your site. And that's for the steel, I'd want the aluminum which is $600. Then the bellhousing itself is $900. You have a nice product that is very convenient and compatable, but I'm sorry, if I can get the $350 Collins plate working, that's what I'll do. Too many other things I need to buy to get ready for this race season to be spending $1150 more than I need to on the trans conversion. $5k Motons left a nice dent in my wallet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Lucky, as mentioned in the "other" thread, flip and rotate the plate so the flat portion which currently sits @ the 1-3 o clock area, now sits on top
Still not sure why you think I need to flip it. All images clearly show that the countersunk side faces the trans, like I have done here:

Old 04-18-2017, 10:36 AM   #292
kkaleher
Leaky Injector

kkaleher is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by godrifttoday View Post
yep, 2jz S13 here and I have a suprastore to r154 bellhousing adapter for my 370z trans. All that im waiting on is this damn shifter. I ordered my CBF version3 in febuary as well, ive tried to contact em like 5 times in the last couple weeks with no success. Im about to pull the plug on paypal and hopefully get my money back. Just sucks it seems the CBF shifter was the most likely to put the shifter in the stock location.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:53 AM   #293
Itsalexwoo
Leaky Injector

I'm still waiting for my CBF shifter as well. The only way I've stayed in contact was through Facebook. He told me he's making everyone in the group buys and shipping them out in order now but who know how long it'll take I just contacted him yesterday for an update still waiting for reply
Old 04-18-2017, 11:37 AM   #294
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
https://www.amazon.com/Tick-Performa.../dp/B00ON2DFLW

FYI, I ordered these shims and they seem to line up fine with the 350z internal slave. I would imagine this means we could use T56 slaves as well.
Update, I'm thinking that T56 slave cylinders will work for VQ35HR transmissions.

The bracket bolt holes line up and this picture shows the T56 input shaft diameter is similar to the 1" diameter of the VQ trans.

$200+ cheaper than the heavy duty slave options for the 350z and looks like the C6 corvette model might even have the right fitting to work with the OEM 350z fitting.

Old 04-18-2017, 12:25 PM   #295
kkaleher
Leaky Injector

kkaleher is an unknown quantity at this point
I emailed Touge Factory to see if they have serialnine shifters in stock. I tried to purchase one (before ordering the CBF shifter) straight from serialnine, but he said you have to go through touge factory in the U.S.. Funny thing, I had heard some negative reviews about touge factory, so I was scared to order from them, well... maybe that's just karma biting me in the ass.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:26 PM   #296
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Lucky I responded.

I cannot see how the adapters are universal as the bolt holes are rotated 10-15 degrees between the Z34/Z33 and the Z33 gearbox.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:42 PM   #297
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Lucky I responded.

I cannot see how the adapters are universal as the bolt holes are rotated 10-15 degrees between the Z34/Z33 and the Z33 gearbox.
Sorry, getting confused between the two threads and then all the reading I've done today. Pretty sure the Autotech only works on the DE trans whereas Collins/Maverick/Mazworx are good with DE or HR.

And I think I'm gonna give the slave cylinder from an 04-06 Pontiac GTO a try.

Like this one.

Auto to manual 240sx conversion clutch line ought to thread right in and then one of THESE remote bleeder lines would connect on the bleeder port.

The slaves are only $60-90 on RockAuto, plus the $30 bleeder line. Much more cost effective than the $325 HD ZSpeed cylinder option or the $525 Tilton option from Mazworx, assuming it works.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:39 PM   #298
yousmellfunnytoo

yousmellfunnytoo is an unknown quantity at this point
I figured i'd toss in my 2 cents for my swap.
s13 - 1jz vvti - CD009 out of an '06 Z - Collins adapter - GKTech Shifter - ShaftMasters Drive shaft - Xcessive Mounts

I saw people posting about CBF performance. Jason is a scam artist and I will repeat and say that to everyone until I'm blue in the face. Avoid them at all costs. I was in the group buy, then paid to get out of the group buy because car was sitting ready to drive. After being dicked around for almost 4 months, he got sick of me harassing him and calling him out on everything, He refunded my money. Tried to do serial9 but they were out of stock for months too. GKTech came through and I got it in 2 days

I did have to cut the trans tunnel a bit and the shifter sits back a bit with the 1j. But it was like 220 bucks, so you can't beat that.

The collins adapter worked really well, poor documentation came with it, and there are only about 8 bolts that bolt the trans to the adapter. Also, the excessive transmounts only have enough room to get 2 bolts into it. I used a megan z32 trans mount for it too, because the poly s13 ones wouldn't fit right.

The trans is definitely big for the s13 body, mine hangs below the frame rails even after a bunch of pounding. Car is pretty low, so its scrapping on things, but we shall see how it holds up.

Driveshaft was a custom made one from ShaftMasters in Michigan. It was 392 shipped, and is 3" alum. Awesome fitment, super fast turn around time, and pretty reasonable price.

Collins kit was decent though, 350z clutch and pressure plate, collins flywheel, stock pivot ball, stock slave, no issues bolting it up. Did need 2jz GE starter though because 1j wouldnt work
yousmellfunnytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:55 PM   #299
dwnshft2drft
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
dwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
I'm confused. Too many engines types and vast variety of conversions for one tranny. Is there any thread that covers only SR motor? Sometimes you read it interesting and find out that is not for what you want to do.
dwnshft2drft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:03 PM   #300
yousmellfunnytoo

yousmellfunnytoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwnshft2drft View Post
I'm confused. Too many engines types and vast variety of conversions for one tranny. Is there any thread that covers only SR motor? Sometimes you read it interesting and find out that is not for what you want to do.
Sorry if i threw you off. But a lot of the parts I used were designed for the SR/CD009 combo.

Xcessive Trans mounts as well as the GKTech shifter combo should actually drop the shifter in the right spot without having to cut the tunnel. Also, custom driveshaft for it would be similar, as they only needed the length from flange to flange
yousmellfunnytoo is offline   Reply With Quote