Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-18-2017, 03:43 PM   #301
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousmellfunnytoo View Post
. Also, custom driveshaft for it would be similar, as they only needed the length from flange to flange
shaftmasters /thread
http://shaftmasters.com/nissan-240sx-drivesha240.html

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2017, 06:40 AM   #302
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousmellfunnytoo View Post
The collins adapter worked really well, poor documentation came with it, and there are only about 8 bolts that bolt the trans to the adapter.
Only 8 bolts? That seems pretty good actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwnshft2drft View Post
I'm confused. Too many engines types and vast variety of conversions for one tranny. Is there any thread that covers only SR motor? Sometimes you read it interesting and find out that is not for what you want to do.
To be fair, he says his setup right at the beginning of his post.

In other news the T56 slaves are a no go. The bolt holes line up but the input shaft hole is ever so slightly off center. I could redrill one of the mount holes to get it center but I don't trust myself to be that precise.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:48 AM   #303
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Internal throwout bearing gap:

I'm assuming I measure this with the slave fully compressed? The spring keeps in at full extension. Also, does this mean the bearing is always in contact with the release fingers? That doesn't sound good for wear.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:50 PM   #304
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsalexwoo View Post
I'm still waiting for my CBF shifter as well. The only way I've stayed in contact was through Facebook. He told me he's making everyone in the group buys and shipping them out in order now but who know how long it'll take I just contacted him yesterday for an update still waiting for reply

I asked for a refund. Every time i contacted the guy it was another couple of weeks and so on, it can get old quick. He never responded to my refund request so i called my credit card to dispute the charge. Ordered a serial nine.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:07 PM   #305
travon47
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
travon47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by godrifttoday View Post
I asked for a refund. Every time i contacted the guy it was another couple of weeks and so on, it can get old quick. He never responded to my refund request so i called my credit card to dispute the charge. Ordered a serial nine.
Good to hear, you will not regret it
travon47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 03:40 PM   #306
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The everything cd009 swap thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyX2 View Post
Internal throwout bearing gap:

I'm assuming I measure this with the slave fully compressed? The spring keeps in at full extension. Also, does this mean the bearing is always in contact with the release fingers? That doesn't sound good for wear.

The throwout bearing is not supposed to ride on the pressure plate fingers when the clutch is engaged. There should be a small gap between them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 03:50 PM   #307
Itsalexwoo
Leaky Injector

Itsalexwoo is an unknown quantity at this point
How do you find the gap
Itsalexwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 03:52 PM   #308
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsalexwoo View Post
How do you find the gap
he JUST told you
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
The throwout bearing is not supposed to ride on the pressure plate fingers when the clutch is engaged. There should be a small gap between them.

Quote:
Old 04-19-2017, 04:13 PM   #309
Itsalexwoo
Leaky Injector

Itsalexwoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Really? That says how to find the gap?....I'm pretty sure that's describing the end result. I'm asking for the steps leading up to...
Itsalexwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 04:13 PM   #310
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Need to take measurements of everything.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:34 PM   #311
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

I don't see how this is possible with the internal slave throwout bearings though, that's my problem.
They're spring loaded so they're fully extended at rest. How in the world am I supposed to get that to not touch the clutch fingers?

Exhibit A: Spring loaded, always extended internal slave cylinder

Edit: I have to measure with it fully compressed. I'm guessing the hydraulic fluid holds it back when the clutch pedal isn't pressed?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...need-shim.html

Also, how the hell do I get the bellhousing off to ship out for machining? I removed the bolts connecting the back portion to the front (the ones that go through the "sandwich piece" that's a few inches thick) and broke most of the liquid gasket seal but I still can't get it to budge.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:11 PM   #312
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyX2 View Post
Also, how the hell do I get the bellhousing off to ship out for machining? I removed the bolts connecting the back portion to the front (the ones that go through the "sandwich piece" that's a few inches thick) and broke most of the liquid gasket seal but I still can't get it to budge.

You need to remove the front cover, and the snap rings underneath the front cover. Also there's one bolt underneath the black inspection plate on top of the trans that people forget to remove that holds the bellhousing on.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:12 PM   #313
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

The everything cd009 swap thread.

Maybe it's okay for an internal slave to ride on the pressure plate, I'm not sure. As far as external slave and fork goes, when it returns with clutch engaged there's supposed to be a slight gap.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:28 PM   #314
nauss18

nauss18 is an unknown quantity at this point
S15 rb25det --> cd009

I'm currently gathering everything I need to install my CD009 into my S15 with an Rb25det swap.

Currently I have;
-Transmission CD009
-Collins adapter plate
-Shortener pivot ball
-Collins recommended 200sx release bearing sleeve

Things I need;

-Clutch/clutch fork
-Driveshaft
-Shifter adapter?

So as for the clutch any RB push style clutch will work?(Multi or Single disc set ups) Also the shifter adapter... Will I need one or will the shifter line up close enough that I could, If needed just cut some of the tunnel? Also which clutch forks will work with this application?
nauss18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:53 PM   #315
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Unless you want the shifter to be behind your seat, you will need an aftermarket shifter relocation.

Old 04-20-2017, 11:39 AM   #316
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
You need to remove the front cover, and the snap rings underneath the front cover. Also there's one bolt underneath the black inspection plate on top of the trans that people forget to remove that holds the bellhousing on.
Thanks, that's what I was missing.

Also just want to say that I wish I had known more about the HR trans when I got into this. Was planning on a CD009 but then a low mileage JK40C came up cheap and I went for it. Then I read about the slave cylinders being garbage so I wound up buying a $430 ZSpeed slave ($325 + line + twin plate adapter + shipping). $350 for the adapter, $430 for the slave, $400 for the driveshaft, $175 for the shifter, $100 for machining, $100 for the crossmember and I'm at the price of the Mazworx kit. That slave I didn't plan on buying really ruined the budget.

So tl;dr if you have an HR trans, just get the Mazworx kit. DE trans you can save $400-500 going with an adapter plate if you wish.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:55 PM   #317
brndck
Premium Member

for everyone
this is the fsm for z33 trans (cdxxx, not sure about z34)

it also has a diagram showing the only way I've found to tell cd008 apart from cd009

http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/AUT...pe/2005/mt.pdf

you're welcome

Quote:
Old 04-20-2017, 01:09 PM   #318
travon47
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
for everyone
this is the fsm for z33 trans (cdxxx, not sure about z34)

it also has a diagram showing the only way I've found to tell cd008 apart from cd009

http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/AUT...pe/2005/mt.pdf

you're welcome

I've looked at this a few times before but don't see what diagram your talking about that shows you the difference? Unless your talking about looking at the synchros which are obviously different, since that's what the changes mostly are.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:56 PM   #319
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travon47 View Post
I've looked at this a few times before but don't see what diagram your talking about that shows you the difference? Unless your talking about looking at the synchros which are obviously different, since that's what the changes mostly are.
page 21 there is a blow apart diagram, CD008 has a 2pc bearing retainer thing (items 22 & 23) where CD009 its one piece (item 22).

when you remove the rear extension (item 27) you can see this, and other than pulling the whole gear set out to inspect the synchros, this is the fastest method I've found of determining if you have cd009 or not
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cd009 blowapart.pdf (98.3 KB, 8 views)

Quote:
Old 04-20-2017, 02:02 PM   #320
travon47
Leaky Injector

Quote:
page 21 there is a blow apart diagram, CD008 has a 2pc bearing retainer thing (items 22 & 23) where CD009 its one piece (item 22).

when you remove the rear extension (item 27) you can see this, and other than pulling the whole gear set out to inspect the synchros, this is the fastest method I've found of determining if you have cd009 or not
Oh word, yeah not planning on opening either of mine up anytime soon since they are both installed lol. Good to know if you have to take the case off though
Old 04-20-2017, 02:08 PM   #321
dwnshft2drft
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
dwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Looks like everyone is expert.
I'm planning to go with the z34 tranny but I don't want to deal with the hydraulic throw out bearing. Is there an adapter to use with mazworx bell housing with all the SR flywheel, clutch kits and slave cylinder?
dwnshft2drft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:12 PM   #322
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Looks like everyone is expert.
I'm planning to go with the z34 tranny but I don't want to deal with the hydraulic throw out bearing. Is there an adapter to use with mazworx bell housing with all the SR flywheel, clutch kits and slave cylinder?
Well our kit is exactly that... Our kit uses all SR20 clutch components.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:31 PM   #323
kkaleher
Leaky Injector

kkaleher is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by godrifttoday View Post
Yep I asked for a refund and got no reply still (going on 2 weeks), so I filed a paypal dispute and he contacted me 20min after it was submitted

Ordered the serialnine shifter. I fb messaged him and he told me they were about a week out from TF-works and there were still some available. While it isn't cheap by any means, as long as there is some kind of communication (which so far has been great) and it works as well as advertised I will be happy.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:36 PM   #324
dwnshft2drft
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
dwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
Well our kit is exactly that... Our kit uses all SR20 clutch components.

Do you have a link where I can check them out. Thanks!
dwnshft2drft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:39 PM   #325
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Oh word, yeah not planning on opening either of mine up anytime soon since they are both installed lol. Good to know if you have to take the case off though
well ya kinda hafta pull it off to remove the bellhousing in order to have it machined, so......

Quote:
lmgtfy.com

Quote:
Old 04-20-2017, 02:59 PM   #326
travon47
Leaky Injector

Quote:
well ya kinda hafta pull it off to remove the bellhousing in order to have it machined, so......

uhhhh, when did I say I need anything machined? I bought a kit that doesn't need to be machined/cut or anything, and had it running and driving last year. also the one in my g35 definitely doesn't need to be machined
Old 04-20-2017, 03:52 PM   #327
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
uhhhh, when did I say I need anything machined? I bought a kit that doesn't need to be machined/cut or anything, and had it running and driving last year. also the one in my g35 definitely doesn't need to be machined
that's mantastic, but since this is the cd009 SWAP thread, the general assumption is that we're SWAPPING cd00x trans into things, your g35 obv doesn't count. now fuck off with your attitude while I'm trying to help.

Quote:
Old 04-20-2017, 06:50 PM   #328
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
We only have 2 kits in stock so order soon they'll be backorded for about 3-5 months.

https://www.mazworx.com/mazworx-sr-v...s-chassis.aspx
Old 04-20-2017, 07:23 PM   #329
MattTenFour

Trader Rating: (1)
MattTenFour is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Is anyone else having issues with their transmission popping out of fifth gear? Mine only does it after I accelerate in fifth and let off the gas. As soon as the engine is no longer under load it goes into neutral unless I hold the shifter in fifth. SR, CD009, GKTech shifter, Collins adapter, GKTech trans mount. My Collins throw out bearing was shot from the minute I installed it, I don't know if that could cause this but I'm planning on replacing it this weekend.
MattTenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:22 AM   #330
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTenFour View Post
Is anyone else having issues with their transmission popping out of fifth gear? Mine only does it after I accelerate in fifth and let off the gas. As soon as the engine is no longer under load it goes into neutral unless I hold the shifter in fifth. SR, CD009, GKTech shifter, Collins adapter, GKTech trans mount. My Collins throw out bearing was shot from the minute I installed it, I don't know if that could cause this but I'm planning on replacing it this weekend.
You should verify that your GKTech shifter is allowing it to fully engage in 5th gear.