Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-23-2008, 04:43 PM   #31
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
2 hidden fuel pump kill switches
and 2 hidden starter kill switches will add a measure of safety on top of an alarm.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:02 PM   #32
S13Boosts
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (12)
S13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
2 hidden fuel pump kill switches
and 2 hidden starter kill switches will add a measure of safety on top of an alarm.
yup kill switches are the shit! i got a few in my cars, ima drop a gang of them on my next car LOL
S13Boosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:47 PM   #33
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Trader Rating: (113)
Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 113 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
For the super paranoid'd
get a wheel clamp and wheel lock lugs
quick release with a lock like NRG
Get a clutch lock, get one for the brake
Old 02-24-2008, 12:08 AM   #34
wayneside
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
wayneside is on the path to ruinwayneside is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
got an autopage with pager and remote start...
wayneside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:23 AM   #35
fueled by hate
Zilvia Member

fueled by hate is making a name for him/her selffueled by hate is making a name for him/her selffueled by hate is making a name for him/her self
Get the viper 210v and tell us how you like it.
fueled by hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:00 PM   #36
mrmaup
Leaky Injector

mrmaup has a spectacular aura aboutmrmaup has a spectacular aura aboutmrmaup has a spectacular aura aboutmrmaup has a spectacular aura aboutmrmaup has a spectacular aura aboutmrmaup has a spectacular aura about
does anybody have the audiovox aps597? it's a lcd text pager and is about $140.
my current alarm costed only $40, but with all this theft going on, i better upgrade...the clifford is interesting...which one has the apex ss?
mrmaup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:05 PM   #37
mrmaup
Leaky Injector

mrmaup has a spectacular aura aboutmrmaup has a spectacular aura aboutmrmaup has a spectacular aura aboutmrmaup has a spectacular aura aboutmrmaup has a spectacular aura aboutmrmaup has a spectacular aura about
instead of nrg qrelease...go with tekniq quick release
no other steering wheel will fit and u don't need to purchase a separte nrg lock cover
mrmaup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:43 PM   #38
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Hey that Clifford G5 IntelliGuard 770 looks awesome. Before I start calling around, would anyone know how much these are supposed to cost? So far an option for me is Lojack with early-warning system option for $900.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:56 PM   #39
Trap Star
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Trap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Trap Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobafreak View Post
.....that shit doesent work i know exactly what your talking about
It can work. You need a phone with a working number and a hard wired charger. Leave the phone on and boom, cheap lo-jack. As long as the phone is on and has an active number it will send out a signal every 30 seconds or so to the cell towers nearest to it to find out which one has the most network space available. If you can get the phone company to help you out they can track it based on the cell towers it is communicating with.

However, if you have the money, lo-jack is still your best bet. Price of lo-jack < Price of new car/parts.
Trap Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:03 PM   #40
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (19)
jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Ive seen a lot of posts about how well alarms work and some good info about installation but I havent seen any one put a price to these except one. Im auctually in the market myself and would like to see some prices so if you I know I can go and look but since your posting any way might as well post up a known price so you dont have to price each individual one

661 sliders Gymkhana @ buttonwillow
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...-sessions.html

>> Bakersfield Hook up thread <<
jspec240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:41 AM   #41
S13ORLANDO
Leaky Injector

S13ORLANDO will become famous soon enoughS13ORLANDO will become famous soon enoughS13ORLANDO will become famous soon enough
Do I get GPS tracking,Lojack,VIPER PAGER

Hello,
So the concensus is Viper.We've been having a rash of S chassis Thefts here
in Orlando.I posted this out on www.floriddrift.com . I guess I will be stopping at BEST BUY/Circuit City
and see the VIPER guys.
thanks,
Bob

Hello,
The more pieces and parts I put on my car.The more security concerns I
have. I also have some cost cocerns. I believe LOJACK is cost prohibitive
for me? I suspect it is around $700 and then there is a monthly fee.
The GPS TRACKING is new. I found the CLIFFORD GPS and it appears to be a plugin to their alarm. It looks to be over $400.
Then There's the VIPER alarms with the two way pager? That appears to be more in my "el cheapo" budget, at arround $300 plus.
Any thoughts or input on mobile security.
Now here comes the "PIT BULL" tied to the bumper. Then there's the
"security provided by Smith & Wesson" ! Yeah I get pissed at theives too.

I can't see getting a concealed weapons permit. If I had that during this next incident,I would have "popped a cap" into the "Lords of Dogtown".
See the next story below.

I drove my S13 to Daytona Beach mall several years ago. I parked it way away from the mall parking. I parked close to the SEARS AUTO bays.

I saw some you punks on skateboards tooling by. I went in to work on
a printer. I come back out,and saw someone had ignited fireworks on my
S13 hatch. I didn't see them do it. I called MALL SECURITY over.
The RENT A COP says."OH yeah,that shit happens all the time,welcome to Daytona Beach" !

I thought WTF ! Do I get GPS tracking,Lojack,VIPER PAGER?
Dammit man!

have a nice day !
Grandpa Bob
S13ORLANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:54 AM   #42
spoolandslide
Zilvia FREAK!

Location: lost in a bump splice in the fabric of our clockwork
spoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfection
for ten dollars you can get a legit manual killswitch and install it yourself in whatever clever little spot you find

that way your spending less money on not getting it stolen
and more money on new tires after you burn though them at the track

but i understand if you wanna get completely legit and make it practically unstealable cause its your baby and you got money to pimp it out
spoolandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:05 AM   #43
S13ORLANDO
Leaky Injector

S13ORLANDO will become famous soon enoughS13ORLANDO will become famous soon enoughS13ORLANDO will become famous soon enough
ten dollar kill switch is more my speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolandslide View Post
for ten dollars you can get a legit manual killswitch and install it yourself in whatever clever little spot you find

that way your spending less money on not getting it stolen
and more money on new tires after you burn though them at the track

but i understand if you wanna get completely legit and make it practically unstealable cause its your baby and you got money to pimp it out
Hello,
A ten dollar kill switch is more my speed and price range. Hell I live in Florida!
It's not all "South Beach" ,Palm Beach Ballers down here. I guess I just like the idea of a two way pager. I realize they'll be gone in 60 seconds.
I like the IDEA of maybe gettting a chance to throw my IBM TOOLKIT at the bastards as they Speed off
thanks
bob
S13ORLANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:21 AM   #44
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
MegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The key point is LAYERS, for my setup I have a Viper 791xv as well as 2 Kill Switches.

Just so you know most GPS tracking systems require montly payments or you pay for a certain amount of hits. Also if the car is in a parking garage its difficult to track.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #45
sils15
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
sils15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i heard a sweet siren the other day not the typical 7 tone though this was like a high pitch tone over and over again, kind of souded like a baby bird chirping really loud,anybody have any clue what siren or who sells it?
sils15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 02:51 PM   #46
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by EW_ View Post
Clifford Matrix = Viper, Python, Sidewinder, etc. That's right EXACTLY the same. There is NO DIFFERENCE in performance, longevity, cost, sensors, features, etc. Same.

Clifford G5(or G5.1) is a totally different product from the other Directed stuff and well worth the price difference.

Clifford G5 makes intelligent steps in features, kills, and sensors as you move up the model list. When you add lots of sensors to the Matrix (prox, tilt, glass, etc) it can not tell the difference between them (I suppose you can wire one sensor into the trunk input, then what?).
The G5 has a separate input for each sensor. The G5 has adjustments from the remote for the prox and impact(omni). For three years Directed showed a two way G5 type product at CES but never delivered it. A shame really since G5 is so freaking superior to all the other basic stuff they make.
that's some good information. when i was looking for alarms, the G5 seemed like a superior product with all the included sensors. i figured the matrix was the same if i just ordered the optional sensors the G5 came with. what stopped me from purchasing the G5 was the lack of 2way paging.

i have my prox, tilt, and other sensors wired to the aux port. the instructions tell you to solder it all into that 1 input, so you can't really tell if the car is being tilted or proximity set off.

that remote adjustment on the remote for the G5 sounds pretty neat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 03:02 PM   #47
Jbma327
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (51)
Jbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really niceJbma327 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 51 reviews
I would get the pyton 2way just because the same crap as Viper just different remote cover(all made by DEI). I have a Viper 2way and love it but the Pyton is the same and cheaper.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:24 PM   #48
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EW_ View Post
Clifford Matrix = Viper, Python, Sidewinder, etc. That's right EXACTLY the same. There is NO DIFFERENCE in performance, longevity, cost, sensors, features, etc. Same.

Clifford G5(or G5.1) is a totally different product from the other Directed stuff and well worth the price difference.
Disadvantage of G5 or G5.1-----No 2 way remote.
Advantages of G5 or G5.1(some features are optional, some are included depending upon model of alarm)----waterproof remotes, normally open(starter and) ignition kill, plain view coded valet switch, multiple sensors(except Arrow5.1), Omni sensor has two adjustments from remote, Prox has two adjustments from remote, separate inputs for sensors, 15 sound programmable back up battery siren, Blackjax anti-carjack, manual safe remote start (had for 10 years!), wireless fuel kill, etc. Awesome product that is much harder for criminals to defeat than conventional security systems.

For the record, I own a Clifford Avant Guard4 on one car (plus g/f has Avant Guard4, parents have Intelliguard 6000 and Intelliguard 7000, brother has Concept 450) and I have a Clifford Matrix 50.5X on my truck. I like the paging remote and "up to one mile range" of the Clifford Matrix system but the Avant Guard4 is much harder to defeat in the event some POS tried to break in and drive off. Even if you have the keys and alarm remote to my car, you could only drive a few blocks before the car engine is shut down(Blackjax). Without the key, even if you disconnected power from the alarm brain, the back up battery siren wound sound and you would have to physically rewire the starter kill and ignition kill as well as find the wireless fuel kill and bypass it before you could drive off with the car. Towing is always an option but the alarm would trigger because of the digital tilt sensor. Oh, did I mention laptop programming and laptop diagnostics on the G5?

So what is wrong with the 50.5X? Nothing really but basically, a 50.5X is the same as all their other Directed alarm/start combo units except that it has a one mile range paging remote. It does not add any additional security capabilities or sensors when you go from the bottom of the line to the top. Clifford G5 makes intelligent steps in features, kills, and sensors as you move up the model list. When you add lots of sensors to the Matrix (prox, tilt, glass, etc) it can not tell the difference between them (I suppose you can wire one sensor into the trunk input, then what?).
The G5 has a separate input for each sensor. The G5 has adjustments from the remote for the prox and impact(omni). For three years Directed showed a two way G5 type product at CES but never delivered it. A shame really since G5 is so freaking superior to all the other basic stuff they make.

I don't know anything about your installation skills or years in the business but once an installer gets good at putting in and setting up a Clifford G5, many like the product. With a proper understanding of the product and a COMPLETE quality installation, the G5 is a far better product IMO.
u fucking rules
go G5 all the way. also the warning sound on the G5 are different from the other DEI crap

TRUE thing: True ////OFFSET\\\\ is acheived without spacers
Running on E85 570whp Precision 5862....laggy as fuck. hate it
ROIDMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 05:11 PM   #49
iitywygms

iitywygms has a spectacular aura aboutiitywygms has a spectacular aura aboutiitywygms has a spectacular aura aboutiitywygms has a spectacular aura aboutiitywygms has a spectacular aura aboutiitywygms has a spectacular aura about
Im gonna do this some day.

http://autospeed.com/A_107975/cms/article.html
Old 05-11-2008, 05:33 PM   #50
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection
DEI makes great stuff. Any alarm is ineffective if it isn't installed correctly. Make sure you find a shop or individual that can do a stealth install (meaning, you aren't able to see anything other than the light). Most shops will do a half assed splice job from underneath your steering wheel and anyone with any kind of car knowledge can find/disable that easily.

I have a friend who is a fellow s14 owner who works for best buy as an installer. I've seen his work, I let him do my car off the books and if I didn't watch him do my install I wouldn't know where all the modules/sirens/harnesses were. I hope you are lucky enough to find an installer you can trust. Do yourself a favor and put a hidden switch in somewhere too, fuel pump works best.

I'm sure most of what I have said has been said in this thread. I'm only emphasizing the importance of a quality install over gadgets and pagers.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:49 PM   #51
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROIDMONKEY View Post
u fucking rules
go G5 all the way. also the warning sound on the G5 are different from the other DEI crap
agreed, but i wouldn't call the other DEI stuff "crap"

G5 is is great, but the DEI matrix/viper/sidewinder wahtever is pretty good as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:06 PM   #52
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
My car has a Python and you do not even know its there. The only way I know is my remote. The guy that owned my car works for a custom installer and builder of SEMA show cars among other things. Its routed to my factory horns so you really have no idea the car has an alarm till it goes off.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 10:34 PM   #53
Slip&Sliden 240
Zilvia Member

Slip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfection
I got an alarm but no paging alarm but my car sits in the driveway outside my window, with my Titan in front of it, fuel pump cut off and this...

Two 3/4" concrete bolts with chain runs through both loops on both bolts and around the rear lower control arms.
Slip&Sliden 240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:50 PM   #54
Ineedparts
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Ineedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Anybody have any experience or input on the Avital alarms?? I was quoted 350 installed with a pager remote, the guy at the shop swears by them and said their pager it alot more durable than they viper lcd screen that is prone to breaking. Anyone have any input?
Ineedparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:13 AM   #55
eek
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
eek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Alarms only do soo much. Dei owns like most of the major alarm brands out there. Clifford tends to be slightly better than viper eventho they are owned by the same company. Viper 791xv sux balls imo. Why you ask? Only comes with 1 remote, 2nd remote is like $150+, the remote drains that AAA battery like no other, and the main problem I've seen and personally encountered is that the remote and alarm have problems communicating with one another (so there will be times you'll try to un-arm your car and it will give you that stupid triple beep that it can't find the signal). It was a old problem on the 1st 790xv model but I still see the 791xv with the same issues. I wouldn't goto Best Buy and have it installed. They are expensive and there are ton of stuff I could rag on about them but I won't.

A good clean install is when everything is ziptied, bound nice and neat, no loose wires hanging out, wires will be cut to length and the brain will be tucked and hidden well enough that you can't just yank on it and it will pop out.

My advice, find a mid-high level alarm (pref clifford), find a well known shop that has good installers, be careful where you park, get a quick release and wire up a fuel pump cut off switch and pray that no one just TOWs your car away.
eek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:34 AM   #56
gregfarz78
Zilvia Member

gregfarz78 is on a distinguished road
Alarms are useless its so common place no one pays attention to them when it goes off. Save a few hundred bucks and wire in some kill switches
gregfarz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:23 AM   #57
MAGILLA
Zilvia Member

MAGILLA will become famous soon enoughMAGILLA will become famous soon enoughMAGILLA will become famous soon enoughMAGILLA will become famous soon enoughMAGILLA will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregfarz78 View Post
Alarms are useless its so common place no one pays attention to them when it goes off. Save a few hundred bucks and wire in some kill switches
maybe not with a regular siren but he could do like i did and add a set of air horns from harbor freight. costs 20 bucks max and is extemely loud. oh and you guys should add glass breakage sensors as well. It is not much more mone but it covers you from thieves who know the spark plug trick.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:39 AM   #58
slideways-S13

slideways-S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
jus get a big pitbull leave the windos down a little bit and get a detachable steering wheel...then the dog cant steal your car and no one will stick thier arm in your windows...lol
slideways-S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:36 PM   #59
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i've done a good bit of research on the GPS locater things. Basically i see Alarms as being a deterrant but not much of an anti-theft device. Kill switches are good too, but if someone wants your car, or you have alot of $$$ put into your shit, then they are going to flat bed that bitch and be off in a matter of minutes. On my car i have a QR steering wheel and kill switch, but i'm getting a GPS tracker and maybe an alarm too. plus i keep it in the garage with a rolling code and at work she sits 10 feet from my office. (lucky i know)

So the point is not only to deter someone from stealing it, but if they in fact do then point is to get it back before she's stripped. I work at a dealership and can tell you lo-jack is shitty. We sell it here but if you read the fine print, it only works in major cities with law enforcement backup. So lots of other smaller towns dont get coverage. Also it only works where it has signal, and if you saw the map of the hot spots you'd be thinking twice about it. The standard system is $700 and if your shit gets stolen and they cant find it within 30days then guess what, you just get your $700 back. FUCK THAT! They also have a pretty nice system for $1100 that has a sensor in the car and one on your key chain and if the car ever starts or moves outside of its 30yrd diameter area without that keychain being within 5 feet then it calls you, txt's you, and goes off. But its a silent alarm. and yes even with this system if they dont find it within 30 you just get your money back. shitty insurance IMO

So that brings us to the next point, because all of us cant get full coverage for the "actual" value of the vehicle, not some KBB bullshit <5k, without paying astronomical insurance prices, the GPS locater sounds like a great option especially if its one that can be tracked by ME. So as soon as i find out the car is stolen i can get in a buddies car and locate the bitch before shes a shell. That being said products like GPS snitch are pretty cool, about $17 a month which if you think about it is pretty cheap for insurance that good. there are other products too and i have yet to decide on 'THE ONE' but what do you guys think about these?

www.GPSSNITCH.com is one option, alot better than lo-jack

quick track. expensive but who knows maybe its worth it http://www.spystuff.com/SHOP/index.html

Dont know if this would work like we want it to but..
http://www.gpsfleetsolutions.com/

nice writeup on GPS stuff.
http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/ab...arlocator.html