Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-21-2009, 11:01 AM   #1111
240ss
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
240ss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
^ i have the same problem as you. Probably has something to do with the alignment or the body panels line up different from one side to the other. Just get a slip on 5mm spacer for the passenger's side and call it a day
240ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2009, 11:44 AM   #1112
Rick-95ZE
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (22)
Rick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowwhoyou_r View Post
does anyone know why one side stick out further than the other?
my driver side sticks out further than my passenger side

they both are same size and offset.
You probably need your camber adjusted. Have your alignment checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240ss View Post
^ i have the same problem as you. Probably has something to do with the alignment or the body panels line up different from one side to the other. Just get a slip on 5mm spacer for the passenger's side and call it a day
You both probably need alignments and its always a good idea to have it checked when in doubt. No spacer

1997 Nissan 240sx SE(Rb25det+GT35r= 486whp on 93pump):http://zilvia.net/f/premium-member-b...oject-2-a.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP
Take it literally, kill someone, aim for the face in whatever method you use to do so, and it is the most righteously gratifying feeling ever, almost orgasmic.
Rick-95ZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:21 PM   #1113
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Camber wouldn't cause the entire wheel to stick out further. It actually seems to be a common problem on S chassis.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:18 PM   #1114
Skyn
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Skyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidnS13 View Post
Nice how did you clear the 275's? Fenders?

Mine in the rear currently-

Before Stance Coils-

After (This is way lower than I thought it was going to be and didnt have time to adjust it higher but still dope)

18 x 9 +24 Rear +9 Fronts (15mm spacer)
245/40 fronts and 275/35 rears

ive seenthis car in person it has ASS lol
Skyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:00 PM   #1115
iknowwhoyou_r
In time-out for misbehaving.

Trader Rating: (1)
iknowwhoyou_r is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Camber wouldn't cause the entire wheel to stick out further. It actually seems to be a common problem on S chassis.
definitely not camber problem.

i just pull the fender (using the screws along fender) and try to match as close as i could to the other side
iknowwhoyou_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #1116
Rick-95ZE
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (22)
Rick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Camber wouldn't cause the entire wheel to stick out further.
It's hard for me to tell from his pictures (only a front shot) how bad his driver side wheel issue is. However, I can say with certainty that I had a s13 with similar front wheel issue and after the camber and toe was adjusted, the problem was then solved. It was so bad that at first I thought the offset of the front rims were different, until I pulled them off to check. I also found out that the car had been slid off the road into a ditch that most likely caused the problem.

Quote:
It actually seems to be a common problem on S chassis.
What is the actual physical/mechanical problem that causes this phenomenon??

1997 Nissan 240sx SE(Rb25det+GT35r= 486whp on 93pump):http://zilvia.net/f/premium-member-b...oject-2-a.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP
Take it literally, kill someone, aim for the face in whatever method you use to do so, and it is the most righteously gratifying feeling ever, almost orgasmic.
Rick-95ZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:43 PM   #1117
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
switching from stretching/flush to big rubbers( want to do time attack)
gonna be running te's 18x9.5+12/18x10.5+5 running 40mm overf front and 70mm rears , tires are hankook ventus rs-3 245/40/19 and 285/35/18 . to bad hankook doesnt offer that tire wider . looks like a very good one. 140 treadwear

TRUE thing: True ////OFFSET\\\\ is acheived without spacers
Running on E85 570whp Precision 5862....laggy as fuck. hate it
ROIDMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:50 PM   #1118
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I knew you'd be back. lol I can't wait to see how it looks.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:50 AM   #1119
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
longfellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROIDMONKEY View Post
gonna be running te's 18x9.5+12/18x10.5+5 running 40mm overf front and 70mm rears , tires are hankook ventus rs-3 245/40/19 and 285/35/18 . to bad hankook doesnt offer that tire wider . looks like a very good one. 140 treadwear
I'd run atleast a 255 wide up front. Also look into the NT-05's, Star Specs, or Kuhmo XS's for tires, better tires over and should have better sizes. The hankooks are okay, but they tend to have soft sidewalls and flex more than they should.

I run 255-40's up front on my stock fender S14, so if you have super wide fenders why not put them to good use since you want to track the car. You should really be able to run 275's up front with some work.

Last edited by longfellow; 09-22-2009 at 09:04 AM..
longfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:26 PM   #1120
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
they r on my way now.....265/35/18 and 315/30/18 khumo ecsta XS

Old 09-24-2009, 07:41 PM   #1121
240sxScores
Zilvia Junkie

240sxScores is making a name for him/her self240sxScores is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to 240sxScores
Quote:
Why such a low rear offset. I put on 18x10.5+27 mustang wheels with a 315/30 tire on it and only stuck out about an inch (25MM) with 5MM or more of inner clearance at the tightest spot (RLCA).
240sxScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:14 PM   #1122
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by longfellow View Post
I'd run atleast a 255 wide up front. Also look into the NT-05's, Star Specs, or Kuhmo XS's for tires, better tires over and should have better sizes. The hankooks are okay, but they tend to have soft sidewalls and flex more than they should.

I run 255-40's up front on my stock fender S14, so if you have super wide fenders why not put them to good use since you want to track the car. You should really be able to run 275's up front with some work.
Actually the hankook RS3 s seem to be the new king of the hill in street tire class racing. But I do agree that there is no point in not running the same wheel/tire upfront 285s all around!
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:37 PM   #1123
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

i mean +15i wanted rs-3 but they DONT go over 285 and if im switching back to max rubber i want BIG

Old 09-25-2009, 12:43 AM   #1124
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
they r on my way now.....265/35/18 and 315/30/18 khumo ecsta XS
Are you going overfenders, or just a real healthy r+p in the rear?
Old 09-25-2009, 09:55 AM   #1125
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicBastard View Post
lol im been running 70mm koguchi fenders . my atual wheel setup is 18x11.5-21 (stretch/flush setup) was running a 275 stretchy... so thatn would give u a idea that i need lower offfset cause my overfernder setup gonna run a 25mm i think with the TE's
tires arriving today. tirerack FAST

Old 09-25-2009, 09:55 AM   #1126
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SicBastard View Post
he stated 70mm rears a few post ago...
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
...this is zilvia; prepare to get your feelings hurt.
bejota180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:20 PM   #1127
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

set up is up and running. khumos ecsta xs are just amazing. car grips like a bitch now. i can finally enjoy the 520 whp my sr push... 265\35\18 fronts. no problems. i could it fit a 275 easy... 315\30\18 with a 10mm spacers rears. and still have plenty of room ... pics coming soon

Old 09-27-2009, 12:17 AM   #1128
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

We need to see fat lips AND fat tires.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:48 AM   #1129
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
We need to see fat lips AND fat tires.
fuck lips..... TE's forever ..

Old 09-27-2009, 10:02 AM   #1130
240KA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
ROID, hurry up with them pics!
240KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:07 PM   #1131
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

10mm spacers all around. 265/35/18 and 315/30/18 no problem. no rubbing no nothing.. feel like im driving a 4x4 after the ssr setup . but car feels much better. wanted to do stretch/flush did it and done with it. to much of a pain
need some camber adjustment i would do it this coming week

Old 09-27-2009, 12:58 PM   #1132
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
bboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bboyoracle
Looks great!
bboyoracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #1133
titangts
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
titangts is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
yeah shit looks tough! has that hardcore road racer look! i like
titangts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #1134
sfoteen

sfoteen is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by godzillarb View Post
more of my car... 17x10 +12, 315/35/17

holy crap monkey balls!!! Nice!!!
sfoteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #1135
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

I've got a question for those running 275 or greater up front:

Do you need mini tubs in the engine bay? Or does that only come into play with increased steering angle from drifting style spindles with increased angle?
Old 09-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #1136
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

longfellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Has more to do with suspension travel and ride height than wheel/tire width.
longfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:45 AM   #1137
iLOVEmyS13
Zilvia Member

iLOVEmyS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Picking up tires today, i wanted to know if i will be rubbing at all? or if i would i possibly need a fender pull or roll at all.

YOUR CHASSIS: s13 93 coupe.

WHEELS:
F:
Sportmax 006 17x9 +20
R: Sportmax 006 17x9 +20 (+12 with 8mm spacer)

TIRES:
Hankook H105 215/40/17 all around

MISC DETAILS: KYB GR2 Struts all around, Eibach sportlines all around, Ichiba 45m extended studs all around, Muteki SR48 extended lug nuts all around

PURPOSE OF CAR: street/ daily driver

any info would help thanks
Old 09-29-2009, 10:30 AM   #1138
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

iLOVEmyS13: 215/40/17 all around

Is this a joke? Did you happen to read any of the previous 1136 posts?
Old 09-29-2009, 10:32 AM   #1139
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Umm your tires are waaaaay to small for those rims. Step them up to 255/40 all around then Roll and Pull to fit. End/
SuicidnS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:32 AM   #1140
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLOVEmyS13 View Post
Picking up tires today, i wanted to know if i will be rubbing at all? or if i would i possibly need a fender pull or roll at all.

YOUR CHASSIS: s13 93 coupe.

WHEELS:
F:
Sportmax 006 17x9 +20
R: Sportmax 006 17x9 +20 (+12 with 8mm spacer)

TIRES:
Hankook H105 215/40/17 all around

MISC DETAILS: KYB GR2 Struts all around, Eibach sportlines all around, Ichiba 45m extended studs all around, Muteki SR48 extended lug nuts all around

PURPOSE OF CAR: street/ daily driver

any info would help thanks
my fronts 18x9.5+12 were rubbing a tiny bit the coils . and thats not maximum rubber i think u need to hang out by stretch/flush