Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-20-2007, 02:34 AM   #91
logik23
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
logik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The box and the display stay inside the car, the sensor goes into the engine bay. The sensor comes with enough wiring to go to the engine bay.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2007, 08:06 AM   #92
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegasquirtCA View Post
[email protected] is my paypal addy.

The only person whos paid is frosti but I have his pretty much done, just waiting on the connector for the O2 sensor. Im waiting for chuy's guy to resend payment since I did a refund. But I got all the time for more orders. Send payments whenever you want guys just be courteous to the people who have paid and not to make them wait too long.
KK
im waiting on a paypal to go through, as soon as it does, youll have cash
Not in a big rush at all either.
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 04:50 PM   #93
champagnes13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
champagnes13 is making a name for him/her selfchampagnes13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
money sent $110usd via paypal

thanks
champagnes13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:02 PM   #94
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

MegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfection
Hey guys just got back from disney world. I just checked paypal.

Champagnes13 has paid.
MegasquirtCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:03 PM   #95
champagnes13
Leaky Injector

champagnes13 is making a name for him/her selfchampagnes13 is making a name for him/her self
woohoo!

whats the eta on this jammy? no rush just curious.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:13 PM   #96
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

MegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfectionMegasquirtCA is close to perfection
Once I place the order for the boards and components it takes about 6 business days to arrive. Than 1 day to assemble, make the case, test, than following day off to shipping. The only thing that can make the order take longer is when I order the parts from the Volkswagen stealership.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:26 PM   #97
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Sorry, one more question.

I am a completely computer illiterate fool. I'm lucky i know how to log on to this site. In all honesty, is this a fairly strait forward wideband to use, or would i be better off getting a more expensive, idiot proof model?
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:35 PM   #98
jesuchristo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
jesuchristo is making his/her stupidity well-knownjesuchristo is making his/her stupidity well-knownjesuchristo is making his/her stupidity well-knownjesuchristo is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think any datalogging wideband is going to require some amount of computer literacy to be used to it's full potential.

If all you want to do is look at the number while yer driving, then it probably won't require much computer work :P
jesuchristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:43 PM   #99
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta240 View Post
Sorry, one more question.

I am a completely computer illiterate fool. I'm lucky i know how to log on to this site. In all honesty, is this a fairly strait forward wideband to use, or would i be better off getting a more expensive, idiot proof model?

All widebands are practically the same in the sense of installation except the gauges one.

Heres how the one im offering works. You screw the wideband sensor into a O2 bung on the downpipe preferably 36" after the turbo. This is required on all wideband kits as the heat from the turbo will effect the O2 sensor causing false readings.

The O2 sensor has a plug on the end, my kit will have a female end plug and you clip them together. The harness will be long enough about 5-8ft so the display will be inside the car. The last thing you need to do is give the unit a power and ground. Their are several ways to do it, wiring up the 2 wires using those cigarette lighter connectors, or wire up ring terminals and attach it to the battery terminals, shoot even attaching a 9volt battery will work but after 15mins the battery drainage will cause the unit to give false readings, soo make sure it gets a clean 12volt system.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:45 PM   #100
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesuchristo View Post
I think any datalogging wideband is going to require some amount of computer literacy to be used to it's full potential.

If all you want to do is look at the number while yer driving, then it probably won't require much computer work :P

I try to make sure the systems are as plug n play as possible.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:56 PM   #101
gotta240
Post Whore!

gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Money sent.... Thanks a lot!!! (you said you are doing this just to build a resume or references...is there any place you'd like us to leave a response after we get them?)

oh yeah... PLEASE dont use my money to buy paintball shit... i'm begging you!!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 01:32 AM   #102
satal95
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (24)
satal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Very interested in getting this also but was wondering if u have any pics of it installed in vehicle also. Just for reference to see how everything looks installed
satal95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:56 AM   #103
jesuchristo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
jesuchristo is making his/her stupidity well-knownjesuchristo is making his/her stupidity well-knownjesuchristo is making his/her stupidity well-knownjesuchristo is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by satal95 View Post
Very interested in getting this also but was wondering if u have any pics of it installed in vehicle also. Just for reference to see how everything looks installed
umm..... it looks like a box with some wires. You can put that display wherever you want, and the box wherever you want (as long as the cord reaches and it has fan access) so its really up to you what it looks like.

Theres a pic of a wideband display in place of the cluster vents of an s13 in the interior thread.... ah here I found it...

Not my pic....
jesuchristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:14 AM   #104
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Money sent.... Thanks a lot!!! (you said you are doing this just to build a resume or references...is there any place you'd like us to leave a response after we get them?)

oh yeah... PLEASE dont use my money to buy paintball shit... i'm begging you!!!!

LOL bahahahaha I already have enough paintball stuff, plus I work at a paintball store and the owner hooks me up.

I take pics of the stuff I built kinda like a photo portfolio.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:03 AM   #105
satal95
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (24)
satal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
so the turn around time is around a week to get on once paid for or do u have to wait for the parts to come in right now? Also posted a link on another nissan site so hopefully u get some customers from that site as well
satal95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:11 PM   #106
frosti108
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
frosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to frosti108
LOL at everyone being 2 weeks late. thanks a lot guys

anyway, lemme know when you ship. thanks
Old 10-22-2007, 03:00 PM   #107
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

I'll pm you the tracking number when I have it shipped out, gonna do it via the Flate Rate box.

Gotta240 and Champagne I placed the order for the kits.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:59 PM   #108
gotta240
Post Whore!

haha. i'm not tripping on you stealing my money...was just giving you a hard time...
Old 10-24-2007, 05:01 PM   #109
champagnes13
Leaky Injector

i'ma get stoich or die tryin'
Old 10-24-2007, 11:20 PM   #110
logik23
Zilvia Junkie

logik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of lightlogik23 is a glorious beacon of light
MegaSquirt, I pmed you a few days ago saying I wanted to get one and you never got back to me, I wanna order it ASAP, so please get back to me.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:08 AM   #111
DrftSLowHomIe!!
Zilvia Addict

DrftSLowHomIe!! is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegasquirtCA View Post

Sorry to be off topic but Buy me a Fernando Torres Jersy With ur GOal Club Card lol
DrftSLowHomIe!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:25 AM   #112
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by logik23 View Post
MegaSquirt, I pmed you a few days ago saying I wanted to get one and you never got back to me, I wanna order it ASAP, so please get back to me.
Sorry bro I thought I did reply to it. I'll pm you the response now.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:28 AM   #113
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrftSLowHomIe!! View Post
Sorry to be off topic but Buy me a Fernando Torres Jersy With ur GOal Club Card lol

If you want I'll just give you my GC number and you can order it just change the shipping address make it seem like a gift.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:11 AM   #114
adoboboy
Zilvia Junkie

adoboboy is just really niceadoboboy is just really niceadoboboy is just really niceadoboboy is just really niceadoboboy is just really niceadoboboy is just really niceadoboboy is just really niceadoboboy is just really niceadoboboy is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to adoboboy
PM sent.........
adoboboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:46 PM   #115
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

I figure I update this. Gotta240 and champagne the manufacture has shipped the boards out today to me. so I should be expecting them soon.

As for the rest I will not be doing the group buy anymore. Instead I will be doing individual orders so when you pay I order the parts right then and their. Price will remain the same as I've been able to eliminate the fan, the part I was worried about doesnt get too hot. And ordering the parts locally through the VW dealership saves on shipping costs.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:37 PM   #116
gotta240
Post Whore!

Thanks for the update.. So that means no fan? I plan on using mine for long periods of time(like hours on end...i know, i know, bad for the sensor). Will this be prone to overheat with this usage? Could i send you a couple extra bucks to put the fan in for extra safety?

thanks!
Old 10-25-2007, 11:26 PM   #117
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

I actually left mine over night with it running didnt seem to do much. The only problem is the fan im using has a really weak ass cfm so its really not doing much. But if you want yes I can install a fan for you it would also be a bigger one, it wont be extra either my bro works at best buy so the fan will be dirt cheap.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:42 PM   #118
gotta240
Post Whore!

That would be cool if you could put it in there. I'm probably being over paranoid, but i figure better safe than sorry. It wont change the size of the case or anything else, right? Also, if you end up needing a couple extra bucks for it, let me know. I dont expect things for free and i really appriciate you doing this as it is. You're doing the 240 community a HUGE favor.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:12 AM   #119
MegasquirtCA
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
That would be cool if you could put it in there. I'm probably being over paranoid, but i figure better safe than sorry. It wont change the size of the case or anything else, right? Also, if you end up needing a couple extra bucks for it, let me know. I dont expect things for free and i really appriciate you doing this as it is. You're doing the 240 community a HUGE favor.

Nope the case will stay the same unless I can find one thats shorter. The fan in the one I originally made which is the pics you see is a 40mm fan, I intended to use a 60mm fan which puts out like 12cfm I believe.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:18 AM   #120
gotta240
Post Whore!

Sweet. Thanks again.