Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-02-2016, 05:09 PM   #11581
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
SRDF gets mentioned on DIW...

N***A WE MADE IT!
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2016, 05:18 PM   #11582
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
**vapes bravely in the face of haters**

Old 06-02-2016, 06:10 PM   #11583
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
wheel flying off and pushing the trunk floor up is the freak accident part boss
Not a freak accident when you don't tighten your lug nuts, then it's only a matter of time.
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:42 PM   #11584
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post
Not a freak accident when you don't tighten your lug nuts, then it's only a matter of time.
that part on its own is not, no, but wheel falling off, pushing the floor in, and ejecting the battery, hitting a spectator would be...
Old 06-02-2016, 06:47 PM   #11585
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
i'd bet 20 year old sheet metal and shitty summit racing j-hooks would result in a similar outcome. you should go out and test it in your car.

I bet the hooks would have held fine through the sheet metal. Look at the pic again. His wheel impacted the spare tire well and made that zone flex upward. It was one hell of an impact, we all get that, but it didn't even hit where the tray was mounted. The impact was more than enough to rip through the plastic tray but the sheet metal in his tray area isn't even mangled, it just got pushed up. We get that you don't get it and that's ok. This topic is getting old anyway.

Why don't you go try it on your car? Clearly my battery is already mounted properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post

Sent from my iPhone
Old 06-02-2016, 08:28 PM   #11586
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
since everyone's so obsessed with trunk batteries here, I'll pose a question,
When I did mine I used a optima gel cell battery, as I was afraid that there would be fumes associated with a liquid battery that would float around in the cab(you know cuz serious battery acid stuffs).Also if your trunk battery randomly leaked, you'd have a more difficult to fix area if it rusted

I've noticed all the pics feature liquid batteries, so is them fuming not a concern of ya'lls?
Is getting battery acid fumes in your cabin DIW? or is it a non-issue?
will be relocating another one soon, so if no one has had serious fume poisoning I'd like to save some money haha
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:37 PM   #11587
shephurd
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shephurd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I want to imagine a NASCAR style pit stop resulted in this kids wheel coming off.
shephurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:52 PM   #11588
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
I've noticed all the pics feature liquid batteries, so is them fuming not a concern of ya'lls?

My battery box has a vent tube. Go back to the previous page and you can see the little nylon bulkhead fitting near the bottom left corner right by the dangling negative terminal. I will be switching to an Optima as well. I can't tell you much about the fumes because I've always run a red top.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 06-02-2016, 09:58 PM   #11589
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Freak accidents are EXACTLY what standard safety equipment is for. Get that millenial snowflake shit out of here.

God I wish I could negative rep these comments.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:09 PM   #11590
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.E View Post
My battery box has a vent tube. Go back to the previous page and you can see the little nylon bulkhead fitting near the bottom left corner right by the dangling negative terminal. I will be switching to an Optima as well. I can't tell you much about the fumes because I've always run a red top.

Sent from my iPhone
Ah, didn't notice, my bad.
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:21 PM   #11591
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Freak accidents are EXACTLY what standard safety equipment is for. Get that millenial snowflake shit out of here.

+ postive rep
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:31 PM   #11592
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
agreed, so lets all write our congressmen and protest this.

lol everyone is an osha inspector all of a sudden.
I didn't know OSHA tech'd race cars Seriously though, common sense is kind of important. I pre-tech our race cars (and customer cars as well) at least two weeks before events, to identify anything that needs to remedied and to allow time to perform preventative maintenance.

Things like chafing AN lines, expired belts, getting the fire extinguishers tested, damaged wiring insulation, leaky fittings, damaged belts, loose suspension components, bad wheel studs, wheel bearings... You'd get laughed out of a serious motorsport event if your car rolled into tech like that. I understand that shit happens, but you can't neglect safety/wear items.

If it was a lead acid battery in that tray, he got LUCKY it exited the car. Imagine if it rattled around in there and got punctured OR got jammed against the chassis and arc'd out on the metal..

There would have been one hell of a mess to clean, and he himself could have p gotten acid burns. And the crowd got lucky it didn't get punctured on the way out, which could have sprayed the spectators with acid.

Quote:

Bingo! My business and its reputation are based on the level of safety and reliability we incorporate into our customer's cars. Safety of the drivers, accessibility for first responders, reliability of the turn-key package. Accidents happen, and thats exactly why you try to build a safe car; to mitigate the damage as best as you can. Mishaps like what happened to that S14 are inexcusable at any level of racing. I sincerely hope that he wasn't paying anyone to put that car together for him before the event.
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:45 PM   #11593
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
since everyone's so obsessed with trunk batteries here, I'll pose a question,
When I did mine I used a optima gel cell battery, as I was afraid that there would be fumes associated with a liquid battery that would float around in the cab(you know cuz serious battery acid stuffs).Also if your trunk battery randomly leaked, you'd have a more difficult to fix area if it rusted

will be relocating another one soon, so if no one has had serious fume poisoning I'd like to save some money haha

1) Gel cell and AGM batteries do not produce gas like a lead acid battery, thus not requiring the use of a sealed & vented box. Don't forget cover the positive battery terminal with some kind of rubber or plastic shroud. Cheap insurance.

2) The fumes are a very valid concern. Don't compromise your safety for the sake of saving money.

I tell people with street cars to leave the battery in the engine bay if you can, even if you have to get a smaller AGM unit. Keeps the wiring nice and short, and reduces the chance of the positive lead getting pinched/frayed in the case of an accident.
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:28 PM   #11594
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
Ah, didn't notice, my bad.

No worries dude, you don't have to apologize. It was a very valid question.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 06-02-2016, 11:51 PM   #11595
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEZxIT View Post
**vapes bravely in the face of haters**

This battery tie down and tech inspection talk is getting repetitive... But since we're on the subject. How about Dave Comstock's nitrous bottle rocketing out of the car. Jake's an e-thug, he throws fits when shit gets real, he wears flip flops on the track, and has a nice rack.... But freak accidents happen. Lets try to move on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7STt_6I5Dw

PS is that blue miata kid that got arrested one of the haggard garage kids? The video was removed from the news site that was linked.
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:17 AM   #11596
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:

ok so then we shouldn't even step outside our front doors or even have electricity in homes. where does it stop?

would rather hang out with jake and risk my life every day than abide by every fucking rule you pussies feel is necessary.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:18 AM   #11597
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuma View Post
WOAH. Is that dude alright? That's like that scene in Taladaga Nights
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:30 AM   #11598
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Here's my take: if you don't torque your wheels at a track day, you're a moron who has no business being out there, or working on cars in general for that matter.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:38 AM   #11599
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
ok so then we shouldn't even step outside our front doors or even have electricity in homes. where does it stop?

would rather hang out with jake and risk my life every day than abide by every fucking rule you pussies feel is necessary.
No tech track days sound like fun, it could be like Mad Max.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:42 AM   #11600
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post
WOAH. Is that dude alright? That's like that scene in Taladaga Nights
yeah, that was daddy Dave from street outlaws. He's already built goliath 2.0.

Bad wrecks happen all too often at no prep events.
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 01:03 AM   #11601
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
People have a point about the inspection at Final Bout being weak. This is such a peasant trunk. I thought minimum pass requirement was color-matched metal with Persian rug cushioning.

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 01:17 AM   #11602
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
No tech track days sound like fun, it could be like Mad Max.
i like it! but with less dust
Old 06-03-2016, 01:29 AM   #11603
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
i like it! but with less dust
Ride along strapped to the hood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:35 AM   #11604
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough
Old 06-03-2016, 05:38 AM   #11605
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Why is there playground equipment strapped to the back of that car?
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:48 AM   #11606
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.E View Post
Look at the pic again. His wheel impacted the spare tire well and made that zone flex upward. It was one hell of an impact, we all get that, but it didn't even hit where the tray was mounted.
Lol either you're blind or you're blind. The impact was pretty much EXACTLY under the battery tray. Can you not see how now the floor on that side is like 45* canted upwards?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:16 AM   #11607
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Quote:

This. 100emoji.jpg

Now back to gaudy stuff

Old 06-03-2016, 07:17 AM   #11608
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
Ride along strapped to the hood.

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:25 AM   #11609
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Quote:

By all means, be a bunch of idiots and kill yourselves(doing some obviously sketch shit). Do it away from others that don't wish to trade safety equipment for hoonigan stickers .
Old 06-03-2016, 10:29 AM   #11610
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

You guys couldn't even bother to clean the damn trunk and properly wire in the sub. Never mind that that big speaker shouldn't have been allowed on the track to begin with. I'm surprised someone in the crowd didn't wear it home.