Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-19-2022, 11:30 PM   #1
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
On this, is there anything I can bridge when I remove the AC core? What have you guys done.

On this topic but not 240.... everyone removing mid pipes of chargers and challengers. ITS LOUD AF! How are they not getting tickets!!!
Old 05-20-2022, 11:00 AM   #2
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
On this, is there anything I can bridge when I remove the AC core? What have you guys done.

On this topic but not 240.... everyone removing mid pipes of chargers and challengers. ITS LOUD AF! How are they not getting tickets!!!
theres an oem nissan plastic "box", idk how else to describe it, that came on non-ac cars. they pop up from time to time.

my recommendation is to hit up andrew gunter or someone similar like john ortega (crimsonrockett) who part out a lot of cars, and ask them to keep an eye out for one.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 12:33 PM   #3
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
just leave it in there and plug the line inlet/outlet, this way you don't have to take the dash and other stuff out and risk destroying it in the process.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 01:28 PM   #4
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
just leave it in there and plug the line inlet/outlet, this way you don't have to take the dash and other stuff out and risk destroying it in the process.
I think the idea is he wants to delete the evaporator but even without A/C it is required as a pathway for the blower motor.

I've removed the evaporator without pulling the dash multiple times.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 05:27 PM   #5
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
I think the idea is he wants to delete the evaporator but even without A/C it is required as a pathway for the blower motor.
I fully understand, it's just a step not needed other than weight savings.

Edit: looks like the plastic box is separate from evaporator: https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/part...=&filter=(1=FB)

[email protected]
Old 05-21-2022, 04:11 PM   #6
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
I fully understand, it's just a step not needed other than weight savings.

Edit: looks like the plastic box is separate from evaporator: https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/part...=&filter=(1=FB)
Super rare part but a connector box exists as some s-chassis somewhere out there comes without ac
Old 05-21-2022, 09:13 PM   #7
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
Super rare part but a connector box exists as some s-chassis somewhere out there comes without ac
not super rare actually, the S13 never came with AC from the factory standard outside of the LE trim, so a lot of base models and also some SEs came without it.

[email protected]
Old 05-26-2022, 08:56 AM   #8
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
not super rare actually, the S13 never came with AC from the factory standard outside of the LE trim, so a lot of base models and also some SEs came without it.
idk man, id say like 85-90% of s13 ive ever seen have had AC from factory. it was like 2018 before i even found out that non-AC s13 even existed, let alone saw one in person. Every s13 ive ever owned has had ac, and even the ones ive just parted out have all had AC.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 09:32 PM   #9
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
27850-40F00, probably super long gone, but that was the non-A/C duct that replaces the evaporator. It is literally just a rectangular duct to replace the evaporator box, with a flange for the blower motor resistor.

I thought non-A/C was pretty rare but here in the southeast it's perhaps more 'necessary' and I've never seen another non-A/C S13 here since my '90 coupe. The story of that car also was that it was ordered and owned by a dealership employee.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 12:29 PM   #10
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:

Remove the core and seal the inlet/outlet of the box. There are 3-4 screws and maybe a clip holding it together. I did the same to mine.

Old 05-23-2022, 11:22 AM   #11
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
I'd like to get another box to mess with. Thought of having someone 3D print me some flanges to see what I can come up with. However, this is what i did with mine years ago.

https://zilvia.net/f/showpost.php?p=...9&postcount=63
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote