Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 07-21-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post REPORT: Nissan To Produce Leaf-Based Electric Sports Car [Over The Back Fence]

07-19-2010 08:15 AM

Nissan's looking at producing a Leaf-based electric sports car. GT-Recharge anyone? [Edmunds Straightline] More*ยป

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2010, 08:54 AM   #2
zinnythecoupe

Trader Rating: (0)
zinnythecoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That sounds fantastic!
zinnythecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
BOOOOOOORING Stock hiking investor pablum. Nissan, you screwed the pooch on the global tuning masses. And i would be shocked if they have even made a profit on the GTR. Toyota has your nuts now.
kognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:04 PM   #4
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Why would Toyota have Nissan's nuts?
Toyota is possibly the least supportive Japanese manufacturer of fun cars right now.
(unless you count their holdings in Subararu).

I'm skeptical this electric sports car deal will work out either,
but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, if & when they deliver.
same deal with the whole Toyota sports car hype, whatever the name of that thing was.

btw - repost; http://zilvia.net/f/nissan-news/3334...sportscar.html
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:44 AM   #5
kognition
Premium Member

kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
They (Nissan) have lost alot of youth market ground to Scion , Mitsu, Subaru and soon the Hyundai Genesis. In their attempt to maintain Godzilla status with the GTR, they lost mass market ground with the 20ish to 30ish age group, and haven't made didly squat in terms of profit on the GTR since its release. When you look at the money it takes to develop and tool up for the car. 20K+ transmissions that don't have a warranty if it fails under launch control isn't a supercar. Taking that many years to bring the car to fruition shows hesitancy in the leadership and marketing goals. Toyota makes the Scion, which is wildly modable. And from the Scions i see rolling thru World Racing's shop every week for turbo kit installs, they look to be doing very well as a modable fun car. And the FT-86 will be another blow to Nissan next summer.
I love my S14, but there should have been something to replace it by now from Nissan. And the void remains. The 370 was a highly anticipated update to the 350, lighter and faster. But sales are in the shitter on that car. I sound like a hater, i know. But facts are facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Why would Toyota have Nissan's nuts?
Toyota is possibly the least supportive Japanese manufacturer of fun cars right now.
(unless you count their holdings in Subararu).

I'm skeptical this electric sports car deal will work out either,
but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, if & when they deliver.
same deal with the whole Toyota sports car hype, whatever the name of that thing was.

btw - repost; http://zilvia.net/f/nissan-news/3334...sportscar.html
Old 07-24-2010, 11:58 AM   #6
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Idk if it's fair to say the Scion cars are any more tune-able than Nissan's current lineup.
It's not like you can't likewise throw in a turbo-kit inside an Altima.

Now I agree some manufacturers are also offering some nice options out there.
However, with Toyota, if all you have to offer is the Scions, then that speaks for itself imo.

With the FT-86, yes it does look promising,
but I think it's only fair to wait until we see the actual results.
anything else would be speculative.

Even if you're talking about more affordable cars straight out of the factory,
I don't see Toyota making anything that compares to the Sentra SER Vspec (or whatever it's called).
Ppl also say the Z is too expensive,
and/or overpriced but I find it to be an excellent pkg for a very reasonable amount of $$$.'

Whether or not sales are dismal, would it be such an inappropriate replacement to the 240sx?
It's a wonderful sports car that justifies saving up a bit extra imo.
It's sad that so many of us write it off, b/c it's 5-10k more than we'd be willing to spend
(but at the same time, be perfectly willing to blow on mods).
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:48 PM   #7
kognition
Premium Member

Well, i do like the Altima myself if its vip'd out. But if it doesn't have aftermarket support that begins at the racetrack, it means very little in the consumer market. Nobody races Altima's in time attack, but that's just my area of focus. I thought the same thing about Scion a couple years back. However they have come a long way in a short span for a new marque. Scion Racing has drift teams, rally teams, time attack, autocross and drag. As for the 350/370 replacing the 240, its a completely different demographic. A kid wont buy a 370 and mod it up for the track for the next 3 years. The only 370's racing time attack are in "enthusiast class" ie: no mods to the car, not even a wing is allowed. The car in my sig was in street class, that's the only wing i made for the 370z fince october. And this car is getting sold right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Idk if it's fair to say the Scion cars are any more tune-able than Nissan's current lineup.
It's not like you can't likewise throw in a turbo-kit inside an Altima.

Now I agree some manufacturers are also offering some nice options out there.
However, with Toyota, if all you have to offer is the Scions, then that speaks for itself imo.

With the FT-86, yes it does look promising,
but I think it's only fair to wait until we see the actual results.
anything else would be speculative.

Even if you're talking about more affordable cars straight out of the factory,
I don't see Toyota making anything that compares to the Sentra SER Vspec (or whatever it's called).
Ppl also say the Z is too expensive,
and/or overpriced but I find it to be an excellent pkg for a very reasonable amount of $$$.'

Whether or not sales are dismal, would it be such an inappropriate replacement to the 240sx?
It's a wonderful sports car that justifies saving up a bit extra imo.
It's sad that so many of us write it off, b/c it's 5-10k more than we'd be willing to spend
(but at the same time, be perfectly willing to blow on mods).