Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
itsmatttt

Trader Rating: (0)
itsmatttt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
First Build Ever - S13

So i just bought my first S13 ever. Been driving a Honda for a few years and finally got my $h!t straight and gotta Nissan. I got a white 92 240sx hatchback shell with full...ish exterior,interior, and no motor. $950 bucks clean interior, 5 lug swap, s14 wheels breaks, walbor fuel pump, alarm, taylor battery relocator and a few other things thrown in there that i let my buddy have for his car. Car when we first got it off the trailer.

Then a little soap and elbow grease.

I know it's still a little dirty but since its gonna be sitting for another month or so im not too worried about it. Plan to clean interior out sometime this week, tighten all the bolts and what not, clean engine bay, and maybe begin bondo'ing and painting parts.

Plan on buying another crashed 240 and putting parts into this one. Any tips from others who's done this before are much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
nomoremk2
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
nomoremk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
In no way is this a build thread and labeling it as such will probably get it closed. You purchased and cleaned an S13. What parts are you hoping to get out of a parts car? Try the for sale section you can find most anything you need without the hassle of finding a parts car, Buying it, Having your neighbors complain of an eyesore, removing needed parts and disposing of chassis. The only advise anyone is really going to give you is to take your time and do everything right while you have the car apart. Clean your engine bay, Take care of rust now not later, Things like that.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #3
camaro379ss
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
camaro379ss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Just a lil tlc and thousands of dollars in replacement parts and you'll be all set!

I dont think he meant "this is my build"....he is just stating that this is his first car that will build...at least thats how I read it. Dont wate your time on cleaning the engine bay if you are gonna do a motor swap...just do it after you pull the motor makes life easier. Then you can sit where the motor should be and make turbo sounds as you clean it...I didnt but boy do I wish I could have.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:36 PM   #4
itsmatttt

itsmatttt is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry i meant in the process of building. As i said there is NO motor in it right now just a rolling chassis. Im planning on getting a KA-T maybe a RB but California law and Skyline engines dont go too well together. Lol. But ive only had the car for a day thats all ive gotten done yet. In a month or so this "build" will be built.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro379ss View Post
Then you can sit where the motor should be and make turbo sounds as you clean it...
lolol. Theres no motor in it already so im definatally gonna be doing that. xD
Old 05-14-2011, 12:54 PM   #5
nomoremk2
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
nomoremk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Since you're a cali resident you may want to start looking into this thread. http://zilvia.net/f/chat/382086-slee...t-them-up.html
Talk to some of those guys about how to get away with the low-key Ka-t setup. You can still make good power on one of those setups.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:32 PM   #6
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
this thread sucks shit and shouldnt even exist.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #7
duffman1278
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
duffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to duffman1278
This is going to get shut down, this is not considered a "build" thread. Just giving you a heads up

Old 05-14-2011, 01:43 PM   #8
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Build threads:
Almost everyone enjoys building their cars and sharing that experience, as well as checking out others' builds for inspiration. Sadly, far too many users have a tendency to do half-hearted builds and either rarely update or update with trivial progress. In the interest of keeping the Chat forum clear of three hundred 'Install SR, ziptie aero, rattlecan paint' threads, incomplete, or in-progress build threads are not allowed. If you have completed your build, wrangle all those pictures into a post and tell us about it, but make sure the build is finalized. If you insist on having an in-progress build, Premium members have a specialized subforum for that specific purpose.
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/21036-chat-...uidelines.html