Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-18-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
Cloud9
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Cloud9 is making a name for him/her selfCloud9 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
s13 5lug conversion kit

Has anyone off here purchased this kit

NISSAN 240SX S13 FRONT & REAR 5-LUG CONVERSION SET | eBay

I would search for it but i don't have a name to search with, but i was wondering if it actually has OEM bearings as it says (Using OEM bearing and these are met all OEM factory quality) I have heard ichibas are junk and would like OEM but if the bearings are the same then i don't see much of a difference

thanks.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #2
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/297481-smal...w-threads.html

post here next time instead of adding clutter to the forum

friend has a set
debadged Ichibas from the looks of them
hit or miss with the bearings
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #3
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I bought the fronts... Meh

Like ^ said, debadged ichiba. Fitment/quality was fine, no comment on bearings I have yet to drive on them.

I contacted the seller and he guaranteed they are oem. But, it is eBay...

Be sure to keep your stock hub bearing for backups
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #4
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
FusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FusionR240sx
used them on my s14 for about 1,000 miles of daily driving. didn't have a problem.

debating on going 5lug right now. if i do i'm buying them again.
WUT?
FusionR240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
$215 for the front and rears?! Damn! Thats cheap, even for ebay! Last time I looked, they were $300...
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:56 PM   #6
Hashiriya415
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Hashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Do you need 5 lug? I don't understand why so many people need 5 lug. Rotors are so easy to drill to 4 lug and there are tons of wheels for 4 lug.
When they say OEM, it means its design same as OEM and not different.
However the bearing could be made of wooden material made to last 2 miles of driving. So careful what you buy. Japanese bearings are known to last that's why everyone uses them. You take apart a GM car and you will see most bearings are made in Japan, not USA.
As for this so called ebay brand, the designer could have the bearings made out of any cheap material and any cheap manufacturing plant.
Hashiriya415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #7
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9 View Post
and would like OEM
than why not just get s14/z32 hubs. people are always slanging them in the FS section.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashiriya415 View Post
Do you need 5 lug? I don't understand why so many people need 5 lug. Rotors are so easy to drill to 4 lug and there are tons of wheels for 4 lug.
When they say OEM, it means its design same as OEM and not different.
However the bearing could be made of wooden material made to last 2 miles of driving. So careful what you buy. Japanese bearings are known to last that's why everyone uses them. You take apart a GM car and you will see most bearings are made in Japan, not USA.
As for this so called ebay brand, the designer could have the bearings made out of any cheap material and any cheap manufacturing plant.
no one NEEDS five lug, unless they dont want the hassle of drilling out rotors and want to buy wheels that dont suck ass.

but whatever
Old 04-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #9
booey13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (91)
booey13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 91 reviews
^that pretty much means yes they do unless theyre a real gangster and run like 15in longchamps or something
Old 04-18-2011, 06:28 PM   #10
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
FusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FusionR240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
$215 for the front and rears?! Damn! Thats cheap, even for ebay! Last time I looked, they were $300...
that's how much the s14's are i believe.
WUT?
FusionR240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #11
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by booey13 View Post
^that pretty much means yes they do unless theyre a real gangster and run like 15in longchamps or something
what is sarcasm?
Old 05-14-2011, 12:20 AM   #12
Drift_86
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (60)
Drift_86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
I bought this for my s14 I been driving on them for more then a year with now problem I also hit the curve 2x and bearing and everything was still good I highly recommend them

I hit the curve hard the first time

Want to roll fenders, custom gauge pod pm me
Drift_86 is offline   Reply With Quote