Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Paul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Paul2x
*AE Performance Takes 1st Place at Redline Time Attack

AE Performance 370Z SS RWD Class Winners at Round 7 Redline Time Attack!

Recap:
Spring Mountain was a first for me and the AE crew and with 18 turns it was anything but easy to figure out the fast way through the course, but fortuneately NV locals were super cool in lending a helping hand.

On track the car felt rock solid. The AE preped JIC dampers allowed for late apexing and a planted rear end through the high speed sections even with the old tires we were on. (3 track days).

We switched to Ferodo RS3000 pads for our AP brakes that ended up being a bit too aggressive in the rear but a quick swap to a milder Mintex pad in the rear settled the car much more and was easier to keep stright under hard braking.

Heat was a major issue for everyone. With the Oil Cooler upgrade we were still only able to complete 1 hot lap before the oil temps hit 280deg and the car wouldn't rev past 5k rpm's.

After all was said and done, We were all really impressed with the Z. With viturally no power mods out-side of a Stillen intake and Mine's Flash we were solely relying on the Z's chassie to pull through for us and it did! Rich placed 5th in Modified RWD Class in the GT2, GTR (DNF),and I grabbed top honors in SS RWD class with the Z, and was able to make the 4.5hr drive back to the OC without a hick-up.

Next Event we'll have:
Fresh Tires! (Hankook RS3's)
More Camber (SPL or equilviant)
More Cooling (Twin Setrab's)
More Powa! (AE Exhaust, AE down pipe's, Pulley, etc)

Stay tuned for more updates and progress thought the series!

Big Thanks to the crew at AE Performance, JIC Magic and Hankook Tires!

Wish me luck at Round 8!

-Paul

Professional Driver/ Instructor for Hire

Last edited by Paul2x; 10-08-2009 at 06:43 PM..
Paul2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2009, 12:03 PM   #2
autobahNESSA
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
autobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to autobahNESSA
That is awesome!! A big congrats to you and AE..I'll be watching at round 8 to root you and your crew on! woohoo
Old 10-09-2009, 02:00 AM   #3
swayray
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (23)
swayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
congrats paul! i had a feeling you were going to win this one... what kind of oil cooler did you use? did you use a 19 row or the 25 row? its terrible how 370z's have that oil temperature problem but its cool how you worked around that handicap and still got the win...
Old 10-09-2009, 02:05 AM   #4
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
A much deserved win. Maybe I'll be running the next event with you, hahaha. Ok, maybe not.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:40 PM   #5
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Paul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Hommies,

Were running a 18row, but were doubling up and going to run 2 cores in parallel and add a oil pan spacer (which i'll be calling you for Ray )

P.S Don't forget the Big Win by Nessa! Free NOS for LIFE! lol

Old 10-09-2009, 02:51 PM   #6
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Congrats Paul, good stuff.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #7
swayray
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (23)
swayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfectionswayray is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
sounds good paul... let me know when you need it... but ya... i think having two cores in parallel sounds like it will work...
Old 10-09-2009, 06:53 PM   #8
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
congrats! I know I am prolly late with the response, but good job and good luck with the next event.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #9
turns101
Zilvia Junkie

turns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond reputeturns101 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to turns101
Very nice...!
Old 10-10-2009, 02:03 AM   #10
autobahNESSA
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
autobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to autobahNESSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul2x View Post
Thanks Hommies,

Were running a 18row, but were doubling up and going to run 2 cores in parallel and add a oil pan spacer (which i'll be calling you for Ray )

P.S Don't forget the Big Win by Nessa! Free NOS for LIFE! lol

LOL! I need NOS!!
Old 10-10-2009, 12:04 PM   #11
UNITEDMASTER
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
UNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Im very interested to see the development of this car, keep the thread updated.

MR JACKSON.
UNITEDMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:16 PM   #12
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

LOL Thanks Rob =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNITEDMASTER View Post
Im very interested to see the development of this car, keep the thread updated.
Thanks very much, I actually think I met a few of you guys at the Oakley event. Parked next to you in my Silvia. You had just finished up your s13 for Time Attack. Haven't see you out there yet, think you going to make Rd 8? Would love to see that car in action.

Old 10-15-2009, 02:21 PM   #13
UNITEDMASTER
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
UNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
^^^^ We will be out at fontana in some form not sure just yet. The plans for the S13.5 is to over this winter is to begin to set the car up for track duties.This year the car has mainly been used for shows!!?? Im also working on my personal S13BT ,its close to done but not yet.

MR JACKSON.
UNITEDMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:29 PM   #14
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
congrats dudes!!!!!!!!!!!