Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 06-21-2005, 03:38 AM   #1
morpheus8486
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
morpheus8486 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1st auto-x

My first auto-x is coming up on saturday, and I know this is a noob thing to ask but whatever. I want some tips cuz I have a feeling I'm going to walk away humbled. But it should be fun. Anyone have any pointers to give?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2005, 03:40 AM   #2
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
Take pics!!!!
Old 06-21-2005, 08:50 AM   #3
Zilvia Addict

019 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 019
walk the course as many times as you can. there's no worse feeling than getting lost in a sea of cones. most ppl are pretty friendly, so asking for tips there isn't a bad idea either
019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 09:31 AM   #4
jmauld
Zilvia Junkie

jmauld is making a name for him/her selfjmauld is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to jmauld
A few tips

- If you feel the car is understeering too much, it's most likely because you entering the corner too fast.

- It's extremely important to enter the corner under control. You will gain more in exit speed, even if you give up too much in entry speed, over if you go into a corner too fast.

- Don't jerk the steering wheel around

- look ahead. You always want to be setting up for the next corner, not reacting to the corner you're in.

- have fun
Old 06-21-2005, 09:45 AM   #5
HaLo
from Canada, eh!

HaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfection
Send a message via ICQ to HaLo Send a message via AIM to HaLo Send a message via MSN to HaLo
look ahead.. I would even say look at the next 5 corners... if you can.

Slow in, fast out.

Take your time, you'll suck at the beginning, like everyone does. Only seat time will make you better.
SOLD: 01 GPW Honda S2000
PARTED: 93 Pearl White 240SX LE Fastback w/SR20DET
SOLD: 93 Super White 240SX SE Convertible w/Silvia Front
HaLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:47 PM   #6
r-b-x
Leaky Injector

r-b-x is an unknown quantity at this point
walk/learn the course well. especially if you only have a limited number of run, you don't want to waste a run finding your way around the course when instead you want to be finding where on course you can make up time. once you've learned all the corners, work on linking them up smoothly.

and check your tire pressures. pump it up to get more repsonse and less rollover onto the sidewalls. or something like that.
r-b-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:34 PM   #7
ZK
Zilvia FREAK!

ZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her selfZK is making a name for him/her self
Drive and have fun! If you can, see if you can ride along with someone with more experience with a similar car so you can see how they drive and the line they take. Better yet, see if they can drive your car. This is usually if you have fun runs...
ZK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 01:22 AM   #8
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
morph - get this through your head right now......

2 kinds of people autoX - the kind that do it for fun, and the kind that do it for the trophies. Go out there, and have a blast. Its a really good way to learn what your car is made of. Unless you are running sticky tires, dont plan on being competitive.

Halo said the holy phrase in autoX "in slow, out fast"
Old 06-26-2005, 02:48 PM   #9
morpheus8486
Zilvia Member

morpheus8486 has a little shameless behavior in the past
My 1st auto-x was yesterday and it was the most fun I've had in a long time. I even placed 3rd out of 7 in g stock class. I havn't found out how I did overall though. Not too shabby I'd say. I'll post some pics and the overall results on a new thread in a couple days. Thanks for all the help.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:01 PM   #10
North240
Zilvia Junkie

North240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwKouki
morph - get this through your head right now......

2 kinds of people autoX - the kind that do it for fun, and the kind that do it for the trophies. Go out there, and have a blast. Its a really good way to learn what your car is made of. Unless you are running sticky tires, dont plan on being competitive.
I dont know i disagree, i do it for the fun, but if i'm not at least competitive 1-5 or so i walk away unhappy. Any decent placement, especially if i feel i've driven well is great!
Old 06-26-2005, 09:18 PM   #11
LumXingXing
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
LumXingXing is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
little late for advice now huh? haha =X well ease onto the gas out of turns, dont floor it =)
LumXingXing is offline   Reply With Quote