Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 11:36 PM   #1
Hanzi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Hanzi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
5 Panel mirror / wink mirror thread.

Do you guys have any pictures of your cars with a wink mirror / 5 panel mirror?

post up your interior!
http://chrisreese.tumblr.com/
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2011, 11:49 PM   #2
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/293805-interior-thread.html

ibtl.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:01 AM   #3
Hanzi
Zilvia Member

Hanzi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by leung View Post
I realize there is a interior thread. I wanted this thread to be dedicated to wink mirrors / 5 panels only..
http://chrisreese.tumblr.com/
Old 07-21-2011, 12:03 AM   #4
joel.e.krueger
Zilvia Member

joel.e.krueger is an unknown quantity at this point
There should be a post limit before people are allowed to create threads. And IQ test.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:09 AM   #5
joshchewuhh
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (56)
joshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Send a message via AIM to joshchewuhh
we should make a thread on different lug nuts, or a thread on different broadway mirror sizes, or a thread with headlight pop ups up only

LEGIT
Old 07-21-2011, 12:40 AM   #6
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
those are lame as shit. buy a golf cart.
any pics of those should go here:
http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/2...e-here-86.html
Old 07-21-2011, 01:28 AM   #7
Kevin_S14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Kevin_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
im hungry...
Old 07-21-2011, 04:15 AM   #8
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

EhrikETFG is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantwoforty View Post
those are lame as shit. buy a golf cart.
any pics of those should go here:
http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/2...e-here-86.html
your lame as shit. how the hell does having a mirror qualify you for the rice thread? go back to school.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:35 AM   #9
4DOOR_LIFE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EhrikETFG View Post
your lame as shit. how the hell does having a mirror qualify you for the rice thread? go back to school.
um its actually you're not your, so maybe you should be the one going back to school.

how does having a wink mirror qualify as rice? how about because its on the list of current trends that suck? Its almost guaranteed that if you see a car that has a roof rack and a honda badge, it probably has a wink mirror as well. more than likely sticker bombed. Think about how many cars you see at meets nowadays with this shit? ALOT

Sorry I'll pass on the trendy shit. I'd much rather keep my 330mm broadway and working sun visors.

figures the OP is still in his teens. could've guess that.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #10
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
totally ghey
Old 07-21-2011, 08:57 AM   #11
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
If you're planning on starting a thread with pics (like this), the LEAST YOU CAN DO AS THE OP IS TO INCLUDE SOME PICS TOO!

xquizitditz
Old 07-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #12
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 07-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #13
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 07-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #14
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
c72c is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
I've had the same 'wink' mirror for 10 years. My dad gave it to me when I was 14. So it's not rice if it's grandfathered, right? it also only has 4 mirrors.
Of course, I also have a 2 5 mirror ones. One I got out of the garage of my old house 4 years ago. It's been in every one of my cars since. The other I got out of the junkyard cause my wife wanted it in her car.
You call it rice because you don't like it, not because it happen to work it's way into a trend. You just want something to talk shit about because it's just that easy.
...on second thought, we could always call 'planking' rice... that's getting to be a new trend and I don't like it... yep, definitely rice.

Anywho, I'll show some support before this gets any worse. The wife's car.

Really though, this thread doesn't need to be. The interior thread has plenty pictures that include these mirrors.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:36 AM   #15
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DOOR_LIFE View Post
um its actually you're not your, so maybe you should be the one going back to school.

how does having a wink mirror qualify as rice? how about because its on the list of current trends that suck? Its almost guaranteed that if you see a car that has a roof rack and a honda badge, it probably has a wink mirror as well. more than likely sticker bombed. Think about how many cars you see at meets nowadays with this shit? ALOT

Sorry I'll pass on the trendy shit. I'd much rather keep my 330mm broadway and working sun visors.

figures the OP is still in his teens. could've guess that.
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah you and who else? Oh wait every single person who drives a Japanese car eveeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrr. I forgot that when everyone is doing it, but YOU still like it, its not a "bangwagon."
Old 07-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #16
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
personally i dislike these very much. but thats just me
Old 07-21-2011, 09:49 AM   #17
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
i had a 5 panel for like a year.with the cage it sat to low, and looked goofey. i took it out and my buddy bought it, he has it seems better in his car, i picked up a 3 panel Wink for $5 at a swap meet. i might run that this year? or just sell it again.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #18
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
SRS question: what happens when you're driving & the sun is shining against you?
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
Old 07-21-2011, 09:59 AM   #19
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
SRS question: what happens when you're driving & the sun is shining against you?
Deal with it like a BOSS?

but in all seriousness with mine it was mounted about the same height as a visor. but still. over it.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:09 AM   #20
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
wink mirror blocks it..

or idfk maybe sunglasses?
Old 07-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #21
NickIsAZero
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (41)
NickIsAZero is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
I picked one up about 6months ago and I loved it. I saw in most people's car they sag down alot...I don't know how people deal with that. Mine it tucked perfectly against the glass and bolted into the holes where my sunvisors were mounted. I can literally see out of both my rear quarter glasses just by looking up. You can't see it outside the car, it's not covered in decals, it doesn't hang in my way and I can see my blindspots without turning my head. I normally wear sunglasses, but when I don't the top of my windshield is tinted anyways, so the sun isn't really an issue.

I like mine, don't really care if anyone else does.
I haven't seen anyone around here use them, I'll probably take mine out as soon as I see a local rocking one.

Last edited by NickIsAZero; 07-21-2011 at 12:29 PM..
Old 07-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #22
4DOOR_LIFE
Zilvia FREAK!

4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by EhrikETFG View Post
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah you and who else? Oh wait every single person who drives a Japanese car eveeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrr. I forgot that when everyone is doing it, but YOU still like it, its not a "bangwagon."

huh? why are you getting so worked up? over a trendy mirror? no shit everyone uses a broadway. I can perfectly see my entire back glass, which is all i need. i don't need 5 mirrors to show me every car on the freeway and people picking their nose. plus i prefer my female passengers comfortable, so sun visors are a must. how are they suppose to do their make up?

If its something you have had in your possession for like a decade as someone stated above its whatever. but if you're a trendycanibeatilleststancenation mother fucker who saw everyone throwing on a wink mirror and sticker bombing it, so you decided to do it too. Then yeah that shits lame.

I use to the whole idea of them, because they added and even cooler vibe in OLD SCHOOL cars. but that was years ago. once all the fan boy kids started rocking them, not because they needed it, but because "everyone else was doing it", thats when i started to hate them.

my opinion bro, no need to talk back to everyone who doesnt feel the same way as you.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #23
rcdad123
Zilvia Addict

rcdad123 is an unknown quantity at this point
i used to have a 5 panel one in my 72 celica. i loved it but at night i get blinded by the headlights behind me. i thought about getting one for my 89 240 hatch and just tinting the windows and the upper part of my windshield. hmmm, maybe i will.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:28 PM   #24
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I heard there were free blow jobs in this thread?
Old 07-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #25
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Despite looking retarded, these actually do help with vision. I'll be putting one in my daily driver truck because the factory mirrors suck. I'll always have my Broadway in my 240. <3
Old 07-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #26
racerx2k1

racerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfectionracerx2k1 is close to perfection
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/293805-interior-thread.html