Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-22-2002, 07:51 PM   #31
keepitmovin
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
keepitmovin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What you guys need to do is stop thw whole domestic vs import thing. They are all cars and thats it. Just think of it as a supra vs rx7 .....shoot respect the cars abilities and not just where it was made....
keepitmovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2002, 08:11 AM   #32
KoukiS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
KoukiS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to KoukiS14 Send a message via AIM to KoukiS14 Send a message via Yahoo to KoukiS14
Steve Millen tested several sports cars in a recent mag I have. . I think it'd Road n Track Sports Cars n GT or something. . . Anyway, about the Cowmaro, he said he feels like he can drive it all day around the track with no prob...  The Vette, he said can be done but it's physically painful haha. .

I don't care though. . if I liked pieces of shit, I would have bought one, but think of it this way... my 97 240sx has 86k miles on it... With NO problems (cept for that weird thing the screen on my stereo does haha)

A "friend" of mine has a 95 Z28 with less miles, and needs a new TRANNY!!!!!!!!  it's also missing a bunch of wheel studs lol...  

I dunno. .  The numbers don't lie, but the 240sx is more of a driver's car. . and in my opinion, that's much better than numbers.

-Rob
KoukiS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 08:20 AM   #33
Tuck&Poke
Zilvia FREAK!

Tuck&Poke is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Tuck&Poke Send a message via Yahoo to Tuck&Poke
the only thing that keeps me from buying a domestic is that the insurance for a camaro a firebird a mustang or a corvette is reduculous.  especially for me.  i was thinking about a 91 mustang 5.0 but when i talked to the insurance guy i said forget it.  it was like over 2grand every 6months.  i know the 240sx has high insurance but its more reasonable.  but #### i would really like a big displacement v8.  the raw power that you can make from them for so little money is insane.  my friend spent 2gs on his car and its running mid 12's  i have to spend like 7g's to do that with my 240sx
Tuck&Poke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 09:31 AM   #34
240 2NR
Zilvia FREAK!

240 2NR is an unknown quantity at this point
The firebird still has that plasticy GM?pontiac look with the worst #### bparts bin interior of any manaufacturer.  Never ridden in one, so I can't compare except for the 6cyl ones.

Even the vette which is such a nice car and looks so nice on the outside, still has that lame GM interior.  I HATE those things.  But then again, the seats on my S13 suckass.  What were they thinking?  The early fullback S13 seats were so much nicer and not tweed!  All the more excuse to hook up a MOMO or sparco.
240 2NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 10:21 AM   #35
Krunko
Zilvia Junkie

Krunko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Krunko Send a message via AIM to Krunko
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from rabbit23 on 3:17 pm on Jan. 21, 2002
krunko i spit water out of my nose when i read your reply. the gt's are listed at 260 hp at 5600rpms.
</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

I'm confused...the GT what's? I was talking about vettes, camaros, &nbsp;and civics.
Krunko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 10:24 AM   #36
Krunko
Zilvia Junkie

Krunko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Krunko Send a message via AIM to Krunko
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from rabbit23 on 3:17 pm on Jan. 21, 2002
krunko i spit water out of my nose when i read your reply. the gt's are listed at 260 hp at 5600rpms.
</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

Nevermind, I misunderstood your post..I thought you were disgusted at something I said but apparently you just thought it was funny...kind of like in elementary school where there's that kid who can shoot milk out his nose when you make him laugh, and then everyone makes him laugh cause they like him shooting milk out his nose.

i guess the GT statement was a whole seperate comment.
Krunko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 10:29 AM   #37
The Punk Genius
Leaky Injector

The Punk Genius is an unknown quantity at this point
I like domestics, in fact one of my dream cars is my fathers 1965 427 sideoiler Cobra SC.

0-100mph and back to 0 in 11.7 secs.
The Punk Genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 10:48 AM   #38
tnord
Nissanaholic!

tnord is an unknown quantity at this point
Alright, i'm gonna put up one more post in response to crazycubans rant.

A cavalier z24 and a gsr are competitors, they are both FF, 2 doors, 4 cyl, and the same price, tell me how they are not competitors. It's just that the gsr is such a better car people don't even think about it as in the same class as the cavalier.

Yes the NSX handles incredibly well, i've never driven a skyline, but i don't know if i'd put a 4000lb+ car in the same category.

The whole MX-6/Probe thing, mazda designed the drivetrain for the car while ford did most of the work for the B-series and ranger. I would by no means call the probe a ford.

As far as mazda being owned by ford; let's not mix this up. This isn't a GM overseeing chev/pont/buick/olds deal where they make one car and rebadge it. Ford is the primary owner of mazda and provides funding, THEY DO NOT make/design/engineer mazdas. It's the same with nissan, renault just gives them money and structural support in the business sense. Sure they &quot;encouraged&quot; platform sharing to up profits, but the design and drivetrain is still up to nissan. Do you consider Bridgestone an american brand of tires?

Regarding you're statement of of domestics being used in the LeMans series; of course they use domestics, i assume what you're referring to is the American LeMans Series. Just as in the European LeMans series all you see is cars from Europe. Let's see who dominates F1/CART; Honda, toyota, ferrari, BMW, MB. Gee not one domestic. What about the IRL you say? Well that so called Aurora engine that wins all the time wasn't even made by GM, they had some european engine maker do it for them. And by the way, that Cadillac that did so well in ALMS i think, that wasn't GM's powerplant either.

In conclusion, i find it pathetic that the big three have to use engines 2x the size or more to be competitive to the overseas companies. And all the time they still have bad build quality. Why isn't GM making the F-body anymore? Because they're junk after 50k miles. GM needs to stop building cars (excluding Z06) and do the one thing it does well, trucks. Now the mustang Cobra and Cobra R, that's a different story, it's obvious that i don't like domestics, and i feel with just reason, but that is a fast car in all aspects of the word.

(Edited by tnord at 10:54 am on Jan. 23, 2002)
tnord is offline   Reply With Quote